The Blue Moon Love

By _lakshanaaa_

Jay, a successful game developer can see the future as a glimpse during blue moon days. He considers it as a... More

Prologue
Receiving the marriage news
Dora the explorer
Barging into the bathroom
Husband duties
Movie date
Be my wife just for a day
Jay's back turned into a trampoline?
Favourite position?
The team dinner
Revealing the truth
The shocking news
Sweet comfort
The disastrous dish
Seeking advice from Love guru
Watching dirty things?
Meeting with Ex?
Amaira a robber?
Wooing a brick
Crackhead spotted at the crossroad?
Give me the damn divorce!
The Interview
A night to remember
The oversized obstruction
The Climax
Epilogue

Kiss me everywhere

1.4K 99 166
By _lakshanaaa_

Jay's POV:

"IT IS YOU WHOM I LOVE, YOU STUPID. IT IS YOU, WHOM I LOVE!!"

Her words repeatedly echoed through my mind. My hands were shivering and my eyeballs rolled in all directions, making a shape of an amoeba in the meantime. My insecurities and fears were flushed out of my body on hearing those words, in the form of tears and sweat. Amaira said those in simple words which were easy to comprehend. Yet, my brain underwent a huge struggle in interpreting the exact meaning of those words.

This scenario was exactly the opposite of what I saw on the Blue Moon day. I mean the hug was correct but she didn't ask me for a divorce as she did in the glimpse. Is there finally a change in my Blue Moon legend? Was it altered?

I noticed Amaira was looking at me, expecting an answer. I pushed my brain to think of something that my tongue could answer but it behaved like the head of the labor union who always put forth a protest at an important time.

This is not the right time to be asking for an increment in the salary Mr.Brain. If you work well now, I'll think about giving you a promotion later.

Amaira didn't wait until my brain considered a settlement. Her face was nowhere close to someone who just confessed their love, a minute ago. On the contrary, she looked greatly pissed off and ready to pounce at any point in time.

"I loved you, Jay. I LOVED you. But not anymore. I can't love someone who keeps donating his wife to others. I can't love someone who keeps on mentioning about ending things before even getting together. You confused me and gave me hopes that you had feelings for me. But each time you came closer by a step, you stepped back by two steps. You made it too difficult for me Jay. You will never tell me your problems. You will never tell me your feelings. But you always get to know everything that happens in my life one way or the other. Still, I loved you with all my heart. Yet here I'm, hearing you ask for a divorce, for the nine hundred and ninth time. GIVE ME THAT DAMN DIVORCE. If that's what you want, we will divorce. Just Give me that damn divorce." Amaira cried out.

So this is what I saw. Woah!!! Great job man! Whoever is sitting in heaven and editing my Blue Moon videos, I've to say you're a cunningly clever cow. How neatly you edited the part where she confessed her love and kept only the part where she asks for a divorce?

I was not able to assimilate the entire paragraph she said, for my brain was still protesting with all its might in a corner. It was busy chanting slandering slogans at me rather than doing its work. It neither gave me the words I had to tell her as a reply.

Amaira too showed no interest in hearing my reply. She stomped away in the direction of our house leaving me stranded in the park. There was no one around me as it was too dark and cold to be taking a walk outside.

I slowly followed her path towards our house. I heard Amaira slam the door of our house hard from ten meters away. I rang the doorbell on reaching the house. She made me wait for a long time before opening it. Meanwhile, I replayed things that happened between us until today from the perspective of Amaira's. Everything gave a different meaning after knowing that she liked me. 

She didn't bother to look at me after opening the door. She vanished into the house as soon as the door parted from its frame. Maybe she had the idea of freezing me to death but gave up at the last minute, out of pity. I came inside quickly and closed the door behind me. I ran inside to get her before she shuts herself inside her room.

I grabbed her hand and pulled her close to me and out of the room when her second foot was just about to enter her room. I tightened my grip on her hand and closed the door behind her, with my other hand. I pushed her gently, a little backwards, so that her back hit the door. She was confined in that small gap between me and the door.

"Let my hand go." She said and tried pulling it out of my hand vigorously. Each time she pulled, my face came closer to hers. I parked my forehead on hers and fought with her hand to get a good grip. Unable to keep a strong hold, I twirled her around and engulfed her from behind. I grabbed both of her hands and crossed them over one another.

My chin was rested on top of her shoulder, which helped in keeping her in place. She constantly tried to wiggle out of my grip but gave up after a minute, exhausted. I relaxed myself for a minute before speaking. In that one minute, I was admiring her petite frame that completely fit inside my arm.

I got momentarily carried away by the proximity and enjoyed the scent of her, so close. I rubbed my cheeks slowly on hers from behind. It was so soft and smooth that my cheeks slipped from the place. I noticed Amaira stiffen under me and before I could realise she stamped on my feet hard. I loosened my grip on her and began limping. She pushed me away and ran towards the living room as her room's door was closed.

"I told you that I don't love you anymore. Did you not hear it properly? So don't think of coming near to me." she yelled while running. 

I hurriedly walked, dragging the feet she stamped. She was caught in the corner of the living room unable to run further. She turned around and put her hand in front of her signalling me to not come any further.

"Amaira, please, hear me out once, Amaira. I was just bluffing. I seriously didn't mean to divorce you. Those were words I spoke half-heartedly. What will I do after divorcing you? Please forgive me, Amaira. I'm sorry for speaking the words that I didn't mean. I'll even fall at your feet if you want." I begged.

"Keep bluffing. I don't care. Don't talk to me, you dumbass idiot." She whined.

"I'm sorry." I said in a low voice.

"You should have at least refrained from being so cool and impressive, Jay. You made it difficult for me to not fall for you by being so caring and protective. At the same time, you confused me like hell by mentioning things that would give no hopes of a happy future. How the hell am I supposed to not fall for such a nice guy?" She broke down.

"Fall for me, Amaira. I'm not going to stop. Nobody is going to stop you. You can love me all you want." I assured her.

"Arrey, you psychopath idiot! I mean it when I told you that I don't like you anymore. I fell for a cool guy but my feelings vanished when I came to know that he is such an unromantic guy." She said.

"Huh?" I asked innocently.

"Do you even know how much a girl dreams about her Prince charming? Do you even have a small idea of how much she will expect him to do for her? Now that you made me confess first, that too in the middle of a park on a cold night, I feel like I lost a sweet moment in my life.  That felt too unromantic which annoys me more." She ranted.

I felt ashamed to be called an unromantic guy. She was my first love unlike I was in her life. This is extra special to me than her by a millimeter. Even I can't let the relationship turn unromantic. I wanted to show her that I can do a much more good job of being a romantic guy.

"Okay fine, Amaira. I will forget what you told me earlier. Leave it, I'll forget everything that happened between us until this point. I'm going to assume that we got married just today and that I have a one side love for you. I'll try hard to make you fall for me. Okay?" I asked.

"You do that bull shit. I don't want a staged drama." She spoke and started walking away. She pushed me out of the way and went to her room. I didn't stop her cause I had a lot of preparations to do. I decided to think of ways to impress her that night, until I fall asleep tired.

***************

Amaira's POV:

"What do you want?" I asked irritated. 

"Your love." Jay told and winked at me. I rolled my eyes at him and turned around. I tried to suppress the smile and blush that emerged by pulling my cheeks together.

Since morning Jay is at my tail, simply following me around and smiling whenever our eyes met. He behaves exactly the way Daisy does. I liked it but he can't get me by just doing this. He and Daisy aren't the same, are they?

Moreover, he still didn't get the nerve to say that he loves me too. He made me suffer for seven months. I should make him suffer at least for seven days, right? The smile and blush vanished when I remembered that. Try hard, Jay. Even then, you won't get me easily.

I took a few onions, carrots, beans, knife, and slice board from the kitchen and went to the dining room. I put them on the table and pulled out a chair for me to sit. I started slicing them one by one when Jay came back. He sat on the seat opposite to me and placed his palm under his chin, his fingers above his cheeks. He tilted his head sideways and continued to stare at me.

It distracted me a lot and I was not able to concentrate on slicing the vegetables. Even though my eyes were down seeing the vegetables, I could sense the way he was looking at me. I sneaked a glance upwards and my eyes met his eyes. I quickly averted them back down to the slicing board. My heart began racing on getting caught.

"Girl, are you a blue whale?" I heard him ask giggling.

Realising that he was about to throw some cheesy pick-up line, I sent him a death glare.

"Hey please ask why. Don't be a spoilsport." He complained.

"Why?" I asked uninterestedly.

"Cause I can hear your heartbeat from two miles away." He said smirking.

I didn't get what he meant but knowing that he heard my racing heartbeat, it increased to beat twice the speed than before.

"You didn't get it? Ahh! What a waste. Unfortunately, I didn't get a smart wife. Please improve your General knowledge, Amaira." He said boastfully.

I replayed what he said once more and tried to interpret it again. Suddenly, I remembered the Instagram post saying a blue whale's heartbeat can be heard from approximately two miles away.

"Sorry to break your bubble, Jay. I too saw the Instagram post. It was just that I was too unimpressed by your pick-up line." I said and shoved my tongue out.

His face fell but I didn't feel sympathetic. He has to try hard if he has to impress a girl. This small level things won't be fruitful. I'm not that easy to get girl. I was once the dream girl of boys at my college.

I took the sliced vegetables back to the kitchen and prepared lunch. It was Sunday, meaning more work to do. Once I finished preparing lunch, I headed to the balcony to pick the dried up clothes. There were a few dress shirts of Jay and I thought of ironing them before placing them inside the wardrobe.

I buttoned the shirt, placed them on the ironing table, and began ironing the creases slowly. I was too immersed in ironing that I didn't notice Jay enter the room.

" Baby, did you just iron your body?" His sudden voice startled me.

"Eh?"

"Because it is so hot." He said.

Damn! He is spoiling the honour of pickup lines.

"You know what? If there was an exam on pickup lines, you will fail terribly Jay." I mocked him.

"Wait a minute." He told and went out of the room. My nose itched and I let out a huge sneeze.

"Did you just sneeze?" Jay asked, hurriedly entering the room.

"Yeah. Why?"

"I wanted to tell God bless you, but looks like he already did." He said grinning from ear to ear.

"Were you searching for pickup lines in Google? Seemed like you were looking at that line correctly, on the time I sneezed." I said.

He didn't reply, instead flashed all of his teeth. Copy cat! What would you do without Google?

"Okay see if this one is good." He said and came closer.

I rolled my eyes and continued ironing the shirt.

"Kiss me if I'm wrong. But dinosaurs still exist, right?" He asked leaning close to my ears. I noticed he had placed his hand on the ironing table and his fingers were too close to the shirt.

"Sure, you will get a kiss. But not from me, but from this little iron box here." I told and drew the iron box very close to his fingers. He withdrew his fingers from the table at a lightning speed.

"Damn! You cruel woman! You could have burnt me alive if I hadn't taken my hand." He yelled frightened. I rolled my eyes at his overdramatic expression.

"Why? You can't even bear a small pain for your woman? You think you can impress a girl if you are afraid of small small things? After all, the iron box was trying to kiss you affectionately " I told.

"Okay then. Kiss me everywhere. Kiss me everywhere with that cute little iron box. This little thing will have no great difficulty in giving me hickeys. Mere contact will give me hickeys." He told and opened his arms wide. He closed his eyes and waited for the iron box kiss.

I switched off the iron box and kept it straight. I slowly inched forward towards him. I stood on my toes, cupped his right side cheeks, and placed a gentle kiss on his left side cheek.

I moved back before he opened his eyes. His eyes portrayed deep shock and his lips gradually widened. His cheeks turned red and his eyes roamed all around the room. He was freaking cute while blushing.

"What was that?" He asked touching his cheeks.

"Don't get your hopes high, mister. I did it because the iron box asked me to do so. It complained to me about the stubble of your beard being a bit prickly and asked me to do it instead. Since I'm used to it by daily kissing Daisy, I half-heartedly accepted its request." I adjusted. I didn't want this to end soon. No way I'm going to end it like this without hearing his confession.

Stubborn brat! Why those three words won't come out of your mouth?

_________________________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

147K 8.1K 33
Warning: This dark slow-burn romance contains a seductive web of intimate encounters and forced proximities that may leave you breathless. Be advised...
114K 1.2K 10
He is Mr Handsome and the one who can conquer anyone in the business world. He has a past which no one knows. And that made him lose hope in love and...
15.6K 834 36
It's a romcom story of 2 sister and their 1 bestfriend whose life get tangled with 'Mir brothers' of a well affluent family. "I don't believe in love...
148K 8.3K 62
"Look what I have become in your love! Every time you are around me it makes me go crazy ! I can't even think of a future that you won't be a part of...