The Contradiction Between Hum...

By Weeblet-san

Mochizuki Aito, a white room product, is trying to enjoy the three years of freedom he was given due to the w... More

Aito Mochizuki's Monologue
Chapter 1: The Beginning of My New School Life
Chapter 2: A Random Encounter
Chapter 3: Special Gift
Chapter 4: Club Registration
Chapter 5: Swiming Class
Chapter 6: Murderous Intent
Chapter 7: Zero Points
Chapter 8: Confrontation
Chapter 9: Improvement
Chapter 10: Development
Chapter 11: Misunderstanding
Chapter 12: Island Exam Begins
Chapter 14: Conflict
Chapter 15: Phase One Complete
Chapter 16: Deal
Chapter 17: Reason
Chapter 18: Results
Chapter 19: Future
Chapter 20: Discussion
Chapter 21: Opinion
Chapter 22: Students
Chapter 23: Entertainment
Chapter 24: Persuasion
Chapter 25: Next Step
Chapter 26: Cooperation
Chapter 27: Perspective
Chapter 28: Game
Chapter 29: Opportunity
Chapter 30: Identity
Chapter 31: Effect
Chapter 32: One-Sided
Chapter 33: Observation
Chapter 34: Change
Chapter 35: Break

Chapter 13: Strategies Forming

1.6K 76 6
By Weeblet-san

   "Yo! What may you people want?" The
statement was directed at the person in front of me.

   Ryūen stood there with two people beside him, the student who grabbed me last time and one of the 'victims' from Sudō's incident. The other students of Class C gradually went away from us.

   "Is it true?" He asked with a smirk on his face, but you could still hear traces of suspicion in his voice.

   "He snitched already, huh?" I responded, sighing.

   "Oho? Who could've guessed something like this?"

   It didn't take that long before they found out, though it's earlier than expected. I'll have to adjust some things when I get back.

   "There is no need for me to answer, it's all up to you if you believe it or not."

   What was the purpose of doing that? Did he think that his reputation would be enough? Or is he trying something else? Now that I declined, will he use violence to get the answer? Perhaps he will try to bribe me using points.

   "Well, how does having more private points sound? You are in dire need of them, you defectives spent all of them."

   Unlike those fools I actually saved mine, but any other of my classmates would be interested. Still, it doesn't hurt getting more points. Unless they find out about that, then it's game over.

   "How much?" I immediately asked, acting like it interested me.

   "10,000" He kept smiling, which made me kind of irritated.

   "Too low." I replied, sounding disappointed. Who wouldn't? The information I hold is pretty valuable in my opinion.

   "You don't have a choice, take it or leave it."

   "80,000 and I'll give you proof."

   I threw another something significant into the deal, which was actual proof. This made it more safe for him to accept. I could just lie or give him wrong information he can't confirm.

   "20,000"

   "As you heard the other one you can ask will probably not leave the camp anytime soon. I'm the only option you have, 50,000 that's my final order. This is your last chance."

   Yamauchi is too frightened to go back into the forest. It probably traumatized him forever. Since this information will be known after a while, it's good to get something in return for it.

   "Tch, fine." His smile slowly faded, turning into a more serious one. By the looks of it seems like he's finally taking this seriously.

   "I assume you have one, right?" I looked around, trying to find it.

   "What?" Although he knew what I meant, he still asked anyway.

   "A contract, what else? You see, I'm not really the type to trust words from an enemy class." I explained like it was the obvious thing to do.

   "Alright." We both signed it and did all the procedures needed.

   "So the day has come where I st—Nevermind." I abruptly ended my sentence, making them slightly confused.

   I took off my jacket, showing all the bruises from my arm. Various purple spots ran all across my arm. You could see a cut in dried up blood due to the wooden branch. They were healing slowly compared to the ones in my face. My strength slowly, but surely came back. I also gave a detailed description of my story that was filled with half lies and half truths.

   "Kukukuku they sure kick your ass!" Ryūen started laughing, prompting the other to do the same.

   "Hahaha, shut the fuck up." I chuckled, putting back my jacket.

   "In case you need something else from me please contact me. Make sure to take care of your health in these upcoming days. Hope we meet again, Ryūen and the rest." I said, handing over a piece of paper.

   "Oh! There's something I forgot to tell you. I've taken a liking to..." I purposely stopped, smiling at them before walking away.

   The moment I left their field of vision, two students started walking besides me. The sun setting down, with the temperature going down it made it a wonderful experience. Not to mention the quietness was pleasant enough for me to close my eyes. Up until now I've been doing too many things, it's good to have a break like this once in a while. Sadly, they interrupted it.

   "I'm surprised Ryūen didn't do anything. Knowing him, he would definitely try to use violence to gain what he wants." The left one said.

   He had a point, I expected him to try something of that sort. But to my surprise he let me go unharmed. Ah! So that's why! Like I thought, he isn't just some delinquent that can only fight.  This is becoming more and more interesting.

   "Yeah. That's exactly why you called us here, isn't that right Mochizuki?" The right one responded, dragging me into the conversation.

   Indeed, I didn't want to get jumped. For precautionary purposes I called them out here. Although I myself can beat them, it won't make sense. Plus my story will not add up, there will be a lot of holes in it.

   "It never hurts to be too cautious. Though I cannot thank you guys enough for accompanying me all the way here." I expressed my gratitude.

   "Don't mention it, it's the least I can do."

   "We had to make sure you didn't get your ass beaten like last time! Hahaha!"

   "Pftt-—Hahahaha."

   "Aw, come on, you know that's not going to happen." I replied, laughing with them.

   After arriving at camp, we wandered a bit. Until we stumbled into a group of girls. Mii-chan was among them, she separated herself from the group.

   "This time you're not injured. I was worried about you!" She expressed her thoughts.

   "Lucky bastard." Even though there was a hint of jealousy, it came out more as sarcasm.

   "To think you're not satisfied with one." He joked, lightly elbowing me.

   "W-wha—I-It's not like that!" Mii-chan denied it profusely, blushing from embarrassment.

   "I agree, her type is people like Hirata." I teased, which made her blush even more.

   Matsushita Chiaki, Satō Maya, Mori Nene, and Inogashira Kokoro joined in because why not? In the end I excused myself, leaving to take a piss.
In reality, I just kind of got bored.

   "I'm back, Ibuki. Did you miss me?" I said, moving closer.

   "Why would I?" She retorted, clearly showing her hostility.

   "Calm down, I just want to talk." She gave me a suspicious look, until I reassured her that I just wanted to exchange some brief words.

   "I met with Ryūen." I simply stated.

   "You did?" She narrowed her eyes, telling to go on.

   "He's a good guy. After all, he gave me permission."

   "What do you mean?" She asked, tilting her head in confusion.

   "It's personal matters. Go ask him, if you want the details." I bluntly responded.

   "Ugh, whatever." She looked away, not paying attention to me anymore.

   On the third day, I left the base camp and made my way to Class B's camp. Nothing important or interesting is happening in our camp.

   "Hello, fellow students of this school!" My voice caught the attention of the students close by.

   The probability of them betraying us is nonexistent. Even on the off chance they find out our leader, the cooperative agreement between classes prevents them from doing anything. And that's not mentioning how their class operates. Their team work is by far the best out of all classes.

   Class D is barely able to make a decision without an objection, Class C does follow Ryūen's order, but outside of that it's barely better than Class D. The only reason they're doing better than us is because of how Ryūen leads his Class. On the other hand Class A isn't doing as well as people would think. Apparently it's split into two fractions, summarizing it quickly, one of them will betray the other. They can afford to lose one or two exams due to the difference in Class Points. Overall Class B has the advantage in this exam for now.

   I mainly helped them doing things as appreciation for letting me stay here. To be honest, the real reason I lended a hand was because of boredom. Plus interacting with this class will be crucial to my plans. While assisting them in doing something I spotted Kanzaki, drinking some mineral water. I went up behind him, and whispered.

   "Are you satisfied with how the class is being led?" It startled the unaware Kanzaki, although confused he still managed to respond.

   "Huh?" With a noise, that is.

   "Sorry, that was a strange thing to ask." I closed my eyes and sighed.

   "What are guys talking about?" Ichinose suddenly appeared behind me.

   "Nothing important." Kanzaki answered for me.

   "Is that so? Anyways, we need some help. Some of the students left to gather food, so there's a shortage of people left to help."

   "That's fine." I nodded.

   On our fourth day, we reached a turning point. The shouting and complaining died down and were replaced by the sound of laughter. Along with the corn Ayanokōji found, Ike and the others had caught some fish. There was no more resistance about drinking the river water, either. Thanks to the fruit our classmates had found, we'd saved more points than anticipated, and were making it through the test.

   Currently, we've spent a total of about 70 points. If we kept things going like this, we'd end the test with quite a few points left over. If you looked at the state Class D was in before, the numbers were simply phenomenal. Even Yukimura, who'd resisted the most at the start, had no complaints. Every single person was satisfied with our results.

   I went down to the beach to check out how Class C was doing with Ayanokōji. Yesterday, this place had been filled with raucous noise. Now it was a ghost town.

   "Oh wow, this is seriously a surprise! I knew he wasn't normal, but I didn't realize to what extent." I heard voices behind me, as two other people arrived.

   "Did you come here to spy too, Mochizuki?" It was Kanzaki and Ichinose from Class B.

   "We're in charge of finding food. While searching around the forest we ended up here."

   "There's no one around anymore. It's just as you said Kanzaki-kun. Seems like their strategy was to retire." Ichinose scratched her cheek and sighed in disappointment.

   "We thought we would at least find out who Class C'a leader was. Was it pointless, though? If they've all withdrawn, we won't be able to find any hints."

   "Didn't Class C already use up all of their points? Even if we found out who their leader is, doesn't that mean they won't get a penalty?"

   "They said that we wouldn't see any negative effects during the second semester, so our points shouldn't be able to go below zero."

   Ichinose pursed her lips, looking bored. All we could see in the former campsite was a big empty space. The only thing left was the tent the school had provided. There were some students left playing around in the water, but it was just a question of when they'd leave.

   "I don't want to compliment a strategy where you use up all your points, but it's pretty amazing."

   "No matter how I look at it, it doesn't seem like it's going to work. This test is about stockpiling points so you come out positive. Ryūen lost when he abandoned that idea." Ichinose and Kanzaki both looked sad as they gazed upon the uninhabited beach.

   "So, trying to find out their leader will be increíble difficult. It's just impossible. Impossible!"

   "I think that it would be a good idea to see this test through quietly, and stick to a solid plan."

   "Yeah, yeah."

   For some reason they had a whole ass conversation in front of us, we looked at each other and shrugged. I checked my wristband to confirm the time, and then suggested to Ayanokōji to head back.

   "It's about time for us to look for food. They'll be angry if we return empty handed."

A/N
Like I said in my authors note: if you want interactions with certain characters or different povs, something along those lines then make sure to tell me.
My creativity is not in the best state right now. :/

I was planning on putting this fanfic on hiatus due to me getting sick. Luckily, it's nothing serious so I should be able to come back soon.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

450K 30.7K 46
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
192K 4K 46
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
911K 21K 49
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
547K 8.5K 85
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...