๐ก๐ž๐ข๐ฌ๐ญ๐ž๐ฌ๐ฌ โŽœ๐˜ฌ. ๐˜ฃ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๏ฟฝ...

Par raquel_ita

๐ฐ๐š๐ญ๐œ๐ก ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ฌ๐ž๐ฅ๐Ÿ, ๐๐ซ๐ž๐ค๐ค๐ž๐ซ. ๐ฌ๐ญ๐ž๐ฉ๐ฉ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐จ๐ง ๐ฉ๐ž๐จ๐ฉ๐ฅ๐ž ๐ฐ๐ก๐จ ๐ก๐š๐ฏ๐ž ๐ก๐ž๐š๐ซ๐ญ๐ฌ... Plus

[๐š/๐ง]
๐‡ ๐„ ๐ˆ ๐’ ๐“ ๐„ ๐’ ๐’
๐ฉ๐ซ๐จ๐ฅ๐จ๐ ๐ฎ๐ž
โค ๐€๐‚๐“ ๐Ž๐๐„: ๐’๐‚๐„๐๐„ ๐Ž๐๐„; ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ซ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฃ
i. ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜ข๐˜ธ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ณ๐˜บ ๐˜ค๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ
ii. ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฌ๐˜ฌ๐˜ข ๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ญ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ด
iii. ๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ต ๐˜ณ๐˜ข๐˜ท๐˜ฌ๐˜ข
iv. ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฆ
v. ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ฆ ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ค๐˜ฌ๐˜ด
vii. ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฑ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ
viii. ๐˜ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ. ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ, ๐˜ฎ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ
โค ๐€๐‚๐“ ๐Ž๐๐„: ๐’๐‚๐„๐๐„ ๐“๐–๐Ž; ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ช๐˜ด๐˜ต
ix. ๐˜ฃ๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ'๐˜ด ๐˜ง๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ต
x. ๐˜ง๐˜ซ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ช๐˜ด๐˜ต
xi. ๐˜ฃ๐˜ถ๐˜ต๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ง๐˜ญ๐˜บ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜จ๐˜ฉ๐˜ต๐˜ง๐˜ถ๐˜ญ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ด
xii. ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜จ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฐ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ๐˜ด
xiii. ๐˜ข ๐˜ฑ๐˜ถ๐˜ป๐˜ป๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ
xiv. ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต'๐˜ด ๐˜ฆ๐˜บ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด
xv. ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฐ๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜ง๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ณ-๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ท๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ
xvi. ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜ถ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ท๐˜ฆ
xvii. ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ถ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜ฃ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ด
xviii. ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ค๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฌ๐˜ช๐˜ด๐˜ด
xix. ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ค ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ
xx. ๐˜ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ. ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ, ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ต
xxi. ๐˜ฃ๐˜ช๐˜จ๐˜จ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ค๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ๐˜ด
๐“ ๐‡ ๐„ ๐‚ ๐‘ ๐Ž ๐– ๐’
๐€๐‚๐“ ๐“๐–๐Ž: ๐’๐‚๐„๐๐„ ๐Ž๐๐„; ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ต
xxii. ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ฐ๐˜ฐ๐˜ญ๐˜ด ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜ฑ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต
xxiii. ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฅ๐˜ด๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฑ๐˜ด ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜ง๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ด ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ง๐˜ถ๐˜ญ๐˜ด
xxiv. ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ง๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ด ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ด๐˜ญ๐˜ถ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ
xxv. ๐˜ฃ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ค๐˜ฌ ๐˜ฃ๐˜บ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ณ๐˜ถ๐˜ช๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ
xxvi. ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ค๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜บ
xxvii. ๐˜ณ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ข ๐˜จ๐˜ณ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜จ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ

vi. ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ข๐˜ฃ๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ข๐˜ญ

6.7K 247 103
Par raquel_ita

⏤ 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘳 

𝐃𝐚𝐫𝐚 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐉𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐫...who sits between her and the Conductor. So, she believes she has no room to speak considering his current position at the moment. 

The carriage takes them to Novokribirsk, a small town bordering the Fold in Ravka, a town in which Dara struggles to ever find herself walking. 

Of course, over the years, the Fold is considered another topic of talk. Yes, it is a menacing crafted wall of absolute death and murder, but, with time, it simply is another one of those beings in which parents use to threaten their kid into their bidding.

But, Dara is a curious wonderer, as said multiple times, and she does wonder about the black mist separating West and East Ravka. 

Though, in some cases like these, her wonder is subsided by her will to live. Dying in the Fold is not on her list of doings before death and she will keep it that way. 

"I didn't hire you simply to get us across the Fold," Kaz starts, "you're with us because you smuggle Grisha out of the Little Palace, and that's the location of out target."

Although the thoughts behind the Conductor's words are still a mystery to the group, Dara does not miss Inej's stern expression. She does not blame her, and, frankly, wishes she had the emotional strength to know when to stay quiet or when to speak.

Guess Inej likes to keep her tongue in check rather than Dara or Jesper. 

"Sun Summoner."

Guess it was too soon for Dara to think such thoughts.

"Alleged." Kaz bites, Jesper and Dara glancing to each other as they both take a deep breath. 

"They wouldn't keep a fraud in the most secure location in all of Ravka."

Kaz glances to her, trying desperately not to rolls his eyes and does not when Dara gives him a stern look. Besides her and Kaz's interesting relationship, there is no one more Dara cares about in the entire world than Inej Ghafa when she speaks strongly of her passions and faith. 

'Be respectful,' Dara scolds.

Kaz gives her a blunt glare, 'her Saints are going to be the reason we find her dumped in the harbor.'

'Well, she is still breathing on her own, while you have a personal bodyguard. I suggest you rethink your words.'

He stopped speaking after that for Dara knew, he knew, she was right. 

"You said you have a contact who can get us inside. A Heartrender."

The Conductor gives Kaz a kind smile, "Mmm-hmm."

"How do I know we can trust her?" 

"Nina grew up there."

"Most Grisha grew up in the Little Palace," Kaz is quick. 

And, Dara does not bite her tongue when it comes to Kaz, "of course, they did," she mutters, "it's the only place they aren't hunted."

As Inej believes in her Saints, Dara has a strong hold of protection for Grisha. She, herself, has abilities beyond of Grisha knowledge. As of right now, she has no idea as to what allows her to bend reality to her will⏤ to her thoughts. 

She knows if they were to ever discover, she would be forever hunted. Never settling down. Never being able to make a home. Never being able to live the life she dreamed of. She could never be Dara Leovolt ever again, and although her life has been unsightly at times, she has come to the hastily conclusion that it is a decent one⏤ as of right now. 

She is not ready to lose the name she has created, but with power comes greed, and with greed comes exploitation.

"Very few would betray their general, and fewer still would help foreigners kidnap their most prized possession," Kaz glowers, challenging her to open her mouth again as Dara raises her brow, accepting the challenge.

Dara knew Kaz did not mind her opinions being voiced as long as they were within the group...alone. Being challenged in front of others, for the prick has a god-like complex⏤ or likes to think he does, is something crushing to his masculinity. 

Arken, The Conductor shifts at the tension, clearing his throat, "Nina's a radical. Thinks Grisha should get to choose if they serve the Crown. She despises involuntary service more than she does Fjerdans."

Fjerdans

That simple word causes Dara's blood to run bitter and cold, the thought of ever being captured by the Fjerdans is a thought in which Dara has had nightmares of on multiple occasions. 

She thinks her ability is worse as it is, but imagine living in Fjerda? The thought wonders to her mind and she cringes physically, shifting as her heart drops to her stomach.

Dara has heard the stories, seen blood splattered on jobs, has touched weapons of a Drüskelle and it does not sit right with her. 

She feels a soft hand entwine with her's as she looks to Jesper, still engaged in conversation as he glances to her, winking. Now none of them knew about Dara's ability, but the way she spoke, they had an idea that she is Grisha. 

Inej nor Jesper ever asked Kaz, and Saints forbid Kaz found out they asked Dara directly. 

Walking into the inn, the innkeeper nods to the group as then Arken nods back, the rest all looking to him bluntly, although Jesper would have winked to him, but he was too busy checking on his pistol, or as he likes to call them; 'my miracle workers,' since they had been smashed between Dara and Arken's thigh on the ride there.

Dara, though, squints her eyes when the innkeeper is found counting...Fjerdan krydda. She swallows, smiling to the man behind the desk who simply smiles back. 

Going into Nina's room, they find it trashed. A chair broken at their feet, her belonging thrown across her bed as it's disheveled, and the windows as wide and open.  

All look around, Dara feeling unsettled by the mess. 

"She knew to expect us," Arken claims. 

Kaz stands at the foot of her bed, "she isn't late. She's gone." 

"Yes, but her things are all..." Arken walks to the bed, closing the trunk laid out on her bed as his trail of conversation halts.

"What is it?" Jesper asks, seeing the Conductor has found an answer. 

"Drüskelle. They are ruthless Grisha hunters." 

The rest of their conversations blur, her body shivering as her hand involuntary goes to her spear at her thigh. She feels eyes on her, probably asking questions, but her eyes and mind stay on the pin. 

Dara never got to know Nina, but she hopes on Saints she will survive. 

Dara did not know why the subject caused her much more discomfort than her actual potency. The thought may remind her of her father. 

She never knew her families heritage, where they came from, where they fled from. They have always lived in that small cottage in the middle of the forest, just far away enough to stay clear of anyone outside their family, but to be able to travel in order to get supplies.

"Dara," Jesper whispers, Dara snapping her head to him.

"Apologies," she clears her throat, looking to Jesper with a smile as Jesper nods.

"You alright?"

Dara nods, "thank you, Jes."

Jesper smiles charmingly at the nickname, "anytime...Dar." He says the nickname with such pride that Dara could not be the cause to see the light flicker off in his eyes and so she chuckles.

Her eyes turn to Kaz, his already looking to her as she nods her head. Dara does not know why, she does believe Kaz cares at all for if it affected the job, and, in this case, it did.

Is that what it takes for him to allow himself to force his emotion? The job?

Kaz simply stares at her, muttering to Inej next to him as she places her hood on, jumping swiftly owt the window, but his eyes remain on the Wonderer herself. 

Dara allows her mask to slide, revealing some colors to her emotions as she sees Kaz's visibly tense shoulder's drop softly, and he nods back. 

She did not know what the encounter meant, but she hoped it meant there is a least some light in her future...with Kaz. 

Dara walks out of the Inn, Inej coming from the sky as Dara steps back, "Saints, Inej! You will be the reason for my demise."

Inej winks, "all clear," she states loudly before locking arms with Dara, "you do know I love you to the fullest."

"I do indeed." Dara sticks her chin out, playing along with Inej.

"Then if I do end your existence, it is out of love."

"You have an interesting way of comforting someone."

Inej laughs lightly, her face growing plain the moment she looks to Kaz as Dara does the same, but not as determined as Inej. 

"This seems like a reasonable juncture to abandon this whole Sun Summoner plan."

Oh, no. Here we go.

"Abandon?" Dara could have swore she saw Kaz look at Arken if the man grew a dragon tail. "We're in this now. And I know what a million kruge means to me. What does it mean to you?"

Almost as quickly as Kaz, "freedom," Inej answers, Dara's heart heaving with guilt. 

"Fun. Like, at least for a few months," Jesper follows, Dara shaking her head at his answer and Inej looks to be as if it was the only answer possible coming out of his mouth that seemed reasonable to his character. 

It takes Arken a while to think, "retirement."

Then Kaz looks to Dara. 

Why is she doing this? Why is she risking her life to cross a Fold over kruge she does not know what she would do with? Maybe because of their deal? 

Maybe because she has always followed Kaz Brekker like a dog on a leash. 

It's not as if she had a choice, it was their agreement. He wants her close by his side for as long as she can remember. 

Who is Dara Leovolt without Kaz Brekker?

Dara takes a small step back, "answers."

It might have been too broad of a word, but it was the only word Dara could think of at that moment.

"Right, so we press on. You get us across the Fold and I'll figure out the rest on the other side."

Arken sighs, contemplating, "fine," he places his bag down, "to cross, I'll need twenty pounds of alabaster coal. A peck of Majdaloun jurda. Uh, not the kind from Kerch. It's too weak. And uh," he looks Jesper up and down, "a goat." 

Jesper's reaction is his face retracting from Arken's view, Dara and Inej biting their lips as they try not to giggle. 

"Now, we meet in the dead of night. There's a wreckage of a skiff northeast, on the edge of town. So, who gets what?" Arken flies a paper around, pointing it to each of the Dregs. 

"Inej, jurda. Dara and I will get the goat," Kaz treks to Jesper, real close, "And Jesper, just the coal, no detours." 

"Why don't I go with Jesper?" Dara inputs.

"I don't need a babysitter," Jesper scoffs.

Inej raises her brow, "I suggest otherwise."

"Rude," the Sharpshooter mutters under his breath.

"You and I will get the goat," Kaz repeats, more control in his voice.

"You do not need me to get a goat. Jesper needs the babysitting gig since he cannot control his urges."

"I need you⏤"

"In your line of sight?" Dara questions, "what am I going to do Kaz? Leave you? Do you not trust me," she whispers for only him to hear, now inches away from his face as they stare into each other, provoking one to do something. 

She does not miss the clench in his look, "fine. You go with Jesper."

And, for once, Dara wins. Dara won

 ⏤ " 𝘯𝘰 𝘮𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘯𝘦𝘳𝘴, 𝘯𝘰 𝘧𝘶𝘯𝘦𝘳𝘢𝘭𝘴 " ⏤

The streets crowd with all sorts of people, all colors, all cultures, and Dara could not have adored the scene even more. Although the countries are rocky, especially due to the Black Heretic, seeing people just walk along side each other is enough to ignite hope into Dara.

There will always be problems. 

They are human.

But, hopefully, as humans, they will be able to muster up some courage, respect, and common-sense to push through the irritations of each other and the world.

Strong ambitions for a child.

She could hear Kaz's words, sighing lowly at them, but he always look to her a second longer, pondering. 

Jesper goes over to a woman, sparking Dara out of her thoughts, "Alabaster coal?"

The woman points down the street, Jesper nodding a thank you as so does Dara. 

They walk down, Jesper looking to Dara, "you really put him in his place."

Dara yawns, stretching her body, "I know."

Jesper chuckles, "and you say I have a lot of ego, but...it was nice."

"Nice?"

"Seeing Kaz...somewhat human."

"I don't understand?"

Jesper tucks his hands into his pockets, "he always allows a human part of him to shine when it comes to you. Like a moonlight coming into a window, or a crack in your walls."

Jesper and Inej don't see much for Kaz as emotional or vulnerable and if even a sliver of those emotions break through Kaz's stone expression, it's only around Dara. 

"He's damaged," Dara speaks, "but it doesn't give him the right to stomp on other's."

"It doesn't, but we need him to survive. At least, I do."

Dara tilts her head, "how is your debt coming along?"

Jesper's distraught face doesn't go unnoticed, "I have a problem. A problem," he swallows, "a problem I can't fix and it's going to cost me gravely."

Dara locks her arms with Jesper, Jesper using his free hand to cover Dara's hand laced with his used one, "Jes, there is nothing wrong. People have addictions all the time, but the difference is how people help themselves."

Jesper looks to Dara, stopping, "how do I get help?"

"You allow others to help you. Doing things alone...it gets you nowhere. Nowhere at all. Sure, in some cases, you can be alone. I got to Ketterdam all alone, but I have survived because I have been given protection by the Mr. Brekker himself. You are not alone, Jesper Fahey. I promise you."

Jesper nods, shouting causing both of the Dregs to look to a open table of gambling, Jesper's hands tightening around Dara as Dara lightly pulls Jesper away.

"Let me help you?"

It takes a while, but Jesper nods, turning to Dara as she allows them to walk, with a slight, struggle away from the table. 

 ⏤ " 𝘯𝘰 𝘮𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘯𝘦𝘳𝘴, 𝘯𝘰 𝘧𝘶𝘯𝘦𝘳𝘢𝘭𝘴 " ⏤

It takes them a while, but at around sunset, Jesper and Dara are holding sixteen pounds of Alabaster coal, "I do not understand why it is difficult to find four more pounds of this heavy-lifting, disgusting smelling, unpleasant coal.

Jesper furrows his brows, "why did you smell the coal?"

Dara gives him a blunt look, Jesper clearing his throat as they stand in line once more. Their money almost being completely gone, and Dara sighs as she can already see the disappointment on Kaz's face. 

"Uh," Jesper calls out, "I'm going to go see the drinks they have."

Dara furrows her brows, "what?"

"Over there," he points to a stand, Dara nodding as she goes back to standing in line. 

Only twenty minutes. Twenty minutes in which she asked the male about more pounds of this detestable coal and she is hit with the disturbing truth that there are no more. Another stand, about five miles near the edge of town, could be another spot and Dara sighs, wondering if she had enough time.

Well, her answer was given when she finds Jesper running towards her, quickly grabbing her arm as they continue to run. 

"What did you do?" Dara questions with vexation.

"We need money." Jesper tries to justify.

"You nicked off of someone?!"

"Well, yes, but as can see it did not go well," he shouts back, Dara looking behind her to find multiple men running.

She turns her back for nearly two seconds and this Zemeni boy really⏤ breathe, Dara, breathe. Take a nice deep breath and⏤

Bang!

A gunshot!

"How much did you nick?"

"I tried to nick a couple of⏤"

"How much?"

"About a thousand!"

"Who carries a thousand kruge in their pocket?!"

"Greedy, self-loathing men?"

Dara knew the street was too busy to use her abilities, but she would try. Throwing the bag to Jesper, who almost drops it, she continues fast on her feet, trying to steady her breathing.

She feels herself surrounded by the cold air, the way her feet push off the ground to keep her running, the way her small hairs feel on her neck, the touch of her fingertips...she pictures the men seeing double of each, conjuring double out of thin air.

That is what Kaz thinks. 

That Dara uses the opposite of Small Science, conjuring out of thin air with no molecule, no law of nature, nothing.

But there are always laws. 

She may deceive those from thin air, but what allows her to be as much more dangerous is the fact that she can change what nature has already created, what the Saints have already brought to life. 

Is she a Saint? Or some version of a Saint?

She has never questioned her ability, finding it hard since, like the alleged Sun Summoner, has no past involving her gifts. Her mother though, did have the same hair color as Dara and so she wonders, if she had stayed alive long enough, if she could have told her about her ancestors. 

It gets dark quickly, almost reaching the end of town as now, only about four men are following, the rest split up to chase the two other deceivers. 

"Wait for us!" Jesper calls out, gun shots ringing in the back. 

"Jesper, get here now!" Kaz yells, Dara's mind dreading the conversation they are about to have. 

"Leave the lantern," Inej yells quickly afterward.

"Landmines," Jesper yells, but his mind is quickly wiped when Dara dashes forward already, using her ability to sense what is already there.

"Oh, wait for us! Don't you go without us!"

Dara and Jesper get to the black metal train, it being deceived as an interesting queer shaped box. 

"Come on," Kaz hurries, Inej closing the door the moment they got in.

"Please tell me you have twenty pounds of alabaster coal," Arken begs, breathing heavily.

"We only found sixteen pounds," Dara catches her breath before she slaps Jesper over his head, "you dense⏤ argh!"

Jesper chuckles lightly, Kaz stepping to both of them, "did you gamble the money?"

Jesper swallows, "no, but buying this coal wasn't cheep. The prices on it grew higher since there was barely any left."

Kaz looks to Dara, "weren't you supposed to make sure the addict didn't get into this predicament?"

"You heard him, he didn't gamble."

"Seems like he doesn't need gambling to get himself into trouble."

Dara bites the inside of her cheek, "watch yourself, Brekker. Stepping on people who have hearts doesn't give you back yours."

Kaz stands up straighter, Dara having to look up, but the eye contact is still intact. Their staring match is interrupted when Arken pushes Kaz and Jesper away from each other, pulling a wooden slab down as he shoves Jesper to sit.

Arken is about to do the same to Dara until⏤ "don't touch her."

Kaz bores holes into Arken, "do not shove them around as dogs. Either of them."

Arken sighs, "the quicker you learn, the more I do not have to teach you." 

"Can we do it on sixteen," Kaz looks to Arken, asserting his power with his tone.

"Never been done before," Arken is a stubborn Conductor, not backing down and Dara can't help, but say Kaz deserves a taunt from someone other than her once in a lifetime.

He always gets taunted by her, and it starting to wear down. Then, why does he still listen to them, act on them?

Dara sits down on a slab, The Wraith and Dirtyhands following her actions. A landmine exploding causing them all to grow startled, besides Dara. 

"I thought you said they weren't real," Kaz inquires.

Arken opens the furnace, "I said nothing of the sort. I just said I put up the sign myself."

He switches some levers, looking to the Dregs, "ready?"

thank you very much for 600 reads! it means the world! 

[extra note: I hate doing AP notes. it's summer. I'm crying.]

[extra extra note: as of right now, this is the longest chapter I have written in this series. I do not know if I will continue to season two, but I probably will since their are some plot holes. right now, it's building the character's the stories, it's more of their present. season two will go into when they are slightly order, understanding, maturing a lot more.]

thank you

-alex 

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

12.9K 362 25
โ˜ž๏ธŽ(Completed)โ˜œ๏ธŽ โœช "๐‘ฐ ๐’•๐’‰๐’๐’–๐’ˆ๐’‰๐’• ๐’š๐’๐’– ๐’…๐’Š๐’†๐’… ๐’‚๐’๐’๐’๐’† ๐‘จ ๐’๐’๐’๐’ˆ, ๐’๐’๐’๐’ˆ ๐’•๐’Š๐’Ž๐’† ๐’‚๐’ˆ๐’" -๐‘ซ๐’‚๐’—๐’Š๐’… ๐‘ฉ๐’๐’˜๐’Š๐’† โœช Adelaide Kรผbrik jus...
29.9K 1K 24
Every coin has two sides. The same can be said for people. Her name is Wysteria Kirigan. A rare type of Grisha. A shadow summoner. After escaping h...
73.5K 3.5K 25
Sometimes Shan Lรถtvall yearned to throw something at Kaz Brekker. Some days, a chair. Other days, herself. [Previously The Fortune Teller]
137K 5.5K 51
๐˜๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ข ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ฏ'๐˜ต ๐˜ด๐˜ถ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ถ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜จ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ด๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ญ๐˜ฅ ๐˜จ๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜จ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ, ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ค...