❦𝗪𝗲 𝙎𝙝𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝗕𝗲 𝗙𝗿𝗲�...

Por ShmaptainShmerica82

❦(LᴏᴋɪxAsɢᴀʀᴅɪᴀɴ!Rᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ)❦ (Y/n) was abandoned at a young age, being forced to live on the streets, and s... Más

❦꧁Things 2 Know꧂❦
❦Prologue❦
❦Chapter 1❦
❦Chapter 2❦
❦Chapter 3❦
❦Chapter 4❦
❦Chapter 5❦
❦Chapter 6❦
❦Chapter 8❦
❦Chapter 9❦
❦Chapter 10❦
❦Chapter 11❦
❦Chapter 12❦
❦Chapter 13❦
❦Chapter 14❦
❦Chapter 15❦
❦Chapter 16❦
❦Chapter 17❦
❦Chapter 18❦
❦Chapter 19❦
❦Chapter 20❦
❦Chapter 21❦
❦Chapter 22❦
❦Chapter 23❦
❦Chapter 24❦⚠️
❦Chapter 25❦
❦Chapter 26❦
❦Chapter 27❦
❦Chapter 28❦
❦Chapter 29❦
❦Chapter 30❦
❦Chapter 31❦
❦Chapter 32❦
❦Chapter 33❦
❦Epilogue❦
❦Afterword❦

❦Chapter 7❦

388 21 0
Por ShmaptainShmerica82

𒊹︎Your POV𒊹︎

I woke up about an hour before sunrise, as I normally did, and made my bed up, picking my blankets off of the ground.

I made my way into the bathroom and fiddled my way around a toothbrush, brushed my hair, and then opened my armoire for something to wear.

My fingers ran across the endless supply of clothing, and I had to fight with myself to not immediately I for the pants and cotton shirts. I settled for a (f/c) crushed velvet dress with a wide 'U' neckline, with gold accents scattered about and flow my sleeves that made me feel like a princess(1).

Once I exited my room, I was surprised to find that none of the other maids were awake yet. I wanted to go see Faline, but I knew that she would not appreciate being woken up before dawn.

I, instead, made my way to the kitchen, pleased to see it deserted, save for a couple of cooks. I greeted them politely, and rummaged around for breakfast. I found a batch of stale rolls, and I grabbed a couple.

"Can I have these?" I held them up towards one of the cooks, who gave me a bewildered look.

"Those are a few days old. We can make a new batch today." He insisted, but I shook my head.

"These will be wonderful, thank you." I waved as I left the kitchen, making my way to the medical wing to wake Faline up anyway.

𒊹︎3rd Person POV𒊹︎

The chefs shared a strange look at the girl's retreating form.

"What a strange girl." One of them spoke up.

"Yes.....now get back to work." The head chef spoke, and he turned around to continue preparing breakfast for both the maids and the royal family.

𒊹︎Your POV𒊹︎

I glided my way down the hall, the rolls in my hands. I hadn't dared to take a bite yet, wanting to savor mine with Faline. Once I got into the medical wing of the palace, I was shocked once again to see Faline already awake.

She was sitting up, and a nurse was wiping her face with a wet cloth. Faline looked pale, and the nurse had a bucket beside her that reeked of vomit.

"Oh, Faline. What happened?" I turned towards the nurse.

"She was up vomiting in the middle of the night. She refused to sleep after, kept calling out for a '(Y/n)'." The nurse looked at Faline with sympathy.

"I shouldn't have made her eat all of her plate last night. She hasn't had that much food in her stomach in a while." I frowned as I sat beside Faline, her cuddling into my side instantly.

"I can take care of her. Thank you." I smiled at the nurse, and she handed me the rag. "I'm so sorry, Faline." I spoke sadly as I made her turn her head enough so that I could place the cool rag on her forehead.

She didn't reply verbally, and just snuggled further into me. Before I knew it, she was snoring softly. I smiled and stroked her hair, my own eyes drooping from my late night. I told myself that I would wake up once the sun was up, and dozed off with my head atop of Faline's.

*****

I woke up just as the sun was doing the same, and tucked her in, leaving one of the rolls on her bedside table for when she woke up. I quickly finished half of my roll while sitting on the side of her bed, and put the other half on her table as well.

I quickly brushed the crumbs off of my dress, and made my way to the Queen's chambers. I knocked, and she called out for me to come in. When I came in, I was met by her in her nightgown, pinning up and styling her hair. I stood awkwardly in the middle of the room after I shut her door.

"I apologize, my Queen. I don't know what to do." I looked down in embarrassment as the Queen stood up.

"It's quite alright, dear. I prefer to do my hair most days, and you can pick out my dress. Every other day I take a morning bath, which you shall draw for me, and I can bathe myself." She spoke kindly, clueing me in to what I will be doing everyday.

"Thank you for your understanding, my Queen." I bowed my head and made my way over to her large expanse of a closet.

Inside were more clothes than I could every fathom, and I sifted through a few dresses, before sticking my head out of the closet.

"What is on the agenda today your majesty?" This would help me decide how formal her dress should be.

"I have a meeting with the duchesses of neighboring realms today to discuss a royal ball this afternoon, and then a ride through the countryside with the King and princes afterwards." I nodded to her and returned to the closet. Princes?

I chose a royal blue dress of a simple design, with patterns in gold around her elbows, neckline, and wrists(2). I presented her the dress and she gave a nod of approval. I helped her dress and then I escorted her to the royal dining hall where breakfast would be served shortly.

All of the royal family was already there, and I bowed politely to all of them, and furrowed my brows upon seeing Loki. Frigga greeted Loki and Thor with a good morning, and I shook my head, deeming it none of my business.

Once Frigga was seated, I made my way into the dining hall for maids of royalty, and was surprised to see all three of the other maids seated and chatting. I took my seat at the large table where the other three were congregated, and they all greeted me with a smile, and I joined into the conversation easily.

"So what do you have planned for today, (Y/n)?" Carol asked from my right side.

"I have a sit-in with a meeting between the Queen and the duchesses, and then I must help the Queen before she sets off on a horseback riding trail. Other than that, I'll probably tidy up the Queen's chambers." I smiled at her and one of the chefs from earlier brought out four plates, and an assortment of breakfast foods.

I received several strange looks from the other maids when I didn't put anything onto my plate.

"Aren't you hungry?" Wanda asked as she gestured with her fork to my empty plate.

"I've already eaten, being up before dawn." I smiled kindly and remained at the table out of politeness.

"Before dawn?" Natasha gave me a bewildered look.

"I wanted to visit Faline before I went to work today. We're not used to being separated for this long." I dismissed and then excused myself as I heart members of the royal family leaving their table, already finished with breakfast.

*****

The Queen's meeting with the duchesses went swimmingly, and soon, we were headed to the stables, where the rest of the royalty were showing up as well.

We all exchanged greetings, and I was surprised to see Loki there, patting the neck of a dark steed.

"Loki! What are you doing here?" I chuckled as I let the horse lick my hand.

"I am......a close friend of the royal family." He let out half of a smile, and led his horse out of the stall and I followed.

"Sons, come along. And (Y/n), your horse is in the stables as well for you to accompany us." Frigga spoke and my jaw dropped open.

"Yes your majesty." I curtseyed to the Queen, before whisper-yelling to Loki. "PRINCE?! YOU DIDN'T TELL ME THAT YOU WERE A PRINCE!" I stressed.

"Well I didn't think it was of importance." He shrugged and mounted his horse.

"This conversation is far from over." I pointed at him and sped over to where the Queen had told me my steed resided.

I was surprised to see the yellow dappled horse already saddled up, and I led him out of his stall before climbing up into the saddle, which had been replaced with a nicer, more decorated saddle. I had him walk over to stand by Loki, and I glared at him.

"Where are we riding to, your highness." I mocked to him and he smirked.

"Oh do not start with the formalities now. It's Loki, please." He jerked his head to the side to motion where the rest of the royal family had already set out.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I spoke once we were all set at a comfortable walk, guards accompanying us at the front and the back, where Loki and I lagged behind.

"I enjoyed you not treating me any differently." He spoke sincerely.

"I suppose you are forgiven." I held my head high as I pushed my horse ahead of his a little.

*****

Loki and I chatted joyously, and out talk remained pleasant. That is, until I heard a feral growl emit from my left, just behind Loki.

"RUN!" I yelled as I grabbed the reigns to the Queens horse, making hour horses sprint to outrun the beast we had stumbles upon.

FOOTNOTES:

(1) Just imagine the dress is in your favorite color (your dress)

(2) Frigga's dress:

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

67.4K 1.6K 27
You are the newest, and youngest, member of the Avengers. You love being on the team, but it comes with its challenges. Almost every night you find y...
73.6K 1.6K 19
ABUSE, VIOLENCE, TORTURE, GORE, SA(R too), DV tbh Honestly, I don't recommend this book to people, but people like it and think I should keep it. So...
23.8K 788 22
A fanfic set after the Thor/Avengers movie but before Thor ll ~ with some inserts from when the characters were teenagers. Also contains references t...
927 57 17
Freya finally manages to escape Thanos' tortures and lands in the royal gardens of Asgard, where Frigga and Loki save her life. She is allowed to sta...