Give Me a Break (Discontinued...

By maehwa_blossom

Kang Minju is a normal human being doing normal things but gets transferred into a different world with magic... More

Profile Edited 7/15/2021
Refrences on What Minju Would Wear
Intro
Prologue Chapter 2
Prologue Chapter 3
Prologue Chapter 4
Minju's Thoughts
Coming out to the ADeuce combo
Episode 1-1
Episode 1-2
Episode 1-3
Episode 1-4
Episode 1-5
Coming out to Heartslabyul
Minju's Weekend
Episode 2-1
Episode 2-2
Minju's Thoughts + Nicknames
NRC Group chat
Episode 2-3
Episode 2-4
I somewhat drew my OC
Episode 2-5
Episode 2-6
Coming Out To Everyone
Minju's Little Hobby
Going on Hiatus *please read*
*Discontinued* + New story announcement

Prologue Chapter 1

94 0 0
By maehwa_blossom

(A/N: Before reading in this setting right now that Minju is currently male (He/They) so they will look like a male.)

I didn't try to run away because in most anime's when this happens, and the character tries to run, it never works out, so what's the point of running, just let it drag you in. As I open my eyes I felt around myself. Why am I in a box? The last thing I remember is getting dragged through the mirror into darkness. Wait?! Is that mirror the mirror from the story? That's actually cool we have a haunted mirror in our house.

"Wait. Where am I and why am I in a coffin box?" I asked

*The lid was moving*

"What's that noise?" I said

"Crap. People are coming. Gotta get a uniform----"

But why is their voice so high-pitched and annoying, bruh I just woke up and that's the first thing I have to hear.

"Grr!! The lid is too heavy! Time for my secret move! Guwaahuuh ~~~~ There!"

"Ok, ok gotta get"

As I started sitting up the lid came off as I said "Chill out you're going to burn the place."

"Whaaaaaaaa!!!! Why are you up?!"

"Ok, so the floating coffin aesthetic is so cool, and are you a cat or a raccoon?" I said as I looked around the room.

"Just who are you calling a raccoon!!!! I am the Great Grim! Well, whatever. Hey, Human! Hurry and give me those clothes! Otherwise... I'll roast ya!"

In a sarcastic voice, I said "Ah ~~~~ a perverted cat/raccoon is trying to take my clothes"

While giggling I started running so "The Great Grim" won't burn my ass. Though I didn't know where I was going I just kept running until I ended up in the library.

"Did you really think you'd get away from my nose? Dumb human! If you don't want to get roasted, better hand over-- Buwah!? Ow! What's with this rope?" Grim exclaimed.

A mysterious person with a bird mask came in saying "This is no mere rope. This is a lash of love! Ah, found you at last. Are you one of the new students? You shouldn't do things like that. Leaving the Gate on your own! Not only that, you have yet to tame your familiar which has broken a number of school rules"

"Let me go! I'm not their freakin' familiar!" Grim yells while trying to get out of the rope.

"Sure, Sure, The rebellious ones always say things like that. Just quiet down for a moment." The man in the mask said.

"Mmmghmmmm!" Grim said while struggling.

"My goodness. It's unprecedented for a new student to leave the gate on their own. Uuuggh... How impatient can you be?" The man in the mask said.

At this point, I was so annoyed that I was going to interrupt them but I stayed calm because this is a different world and I didn't want to start a  war or something so I listened to their annoying voice.

"The entrance ceremony is already well underway. Let's head to the Hall of Mirrors."

"How am I a new student and what gate?" I said confused.

The last thing I remember was getting dragged into a mirror, and now I have to go to school?

"It's the room you woke up in with all the doors. All students who wish to attend this academy must pass through one of those doors to arrive here. Normally, students wake up only after the door is opened with a special key but..."

So the coffins are the doors then how did I get in there? Never mind that but, wow getting sucked in a mirror just to go to school that's a bit over the top.

"So the coffins are the door which must have opened because of the fire. What's next a flying pig," I said to the man in the mask.

"So in the end the culprit appears to be this familiar. If you're going to bring it with you, you have to take responsibility and properly take care of it. ..Oh my! now isn't the time to be long-winded. The entrance ceremony will soon come to a close. Let's get a move on." the man said

"Wait, where am I, and who are you?" I said clearly annoyed

"What's this? Are you still dazed? It appears the teleportation magic has left you disorientated...... Well, it is fine. It happens often enough. I shall give you an explanation as we make our way there. For I am gracious." The man said

While he was talking I took out my bun and let my hair down. Luckily I had the pronoun bracelets I made earlier, in the pockets of the robes that I was wearing. I took off the he/him bracelet and put on the she/her bracelet. The man after talking looked at me confused because I changed my look but he didn't question it. 

Then the man started to tell me about the school. "This is Night Raven College. Those magicians blessed with a unique aptitude for magic gather from all over the world. Here at the most prestigious magical academy in Twisted Wonderland. And I am the headmaster, appointed to take care of this academy by the board chairman, Dire Crowley"

"Omg, I thought you would never tell me your name. Cool this place has magic" I said

"Only those magicians seen as worthy by the Dark Mirror can attend this school. Chosen ones use the Gate and are summoned here from around the world. An Ebony Carriage carrying a Gate should have gone to meet you as well. " Crowly said

As I searched through my memories aside from getting dragged into a mirror I did see an Ebony Carriage.

"I did get dragged into a mirror, I did see an Ebony Carriage, but I still don't know how I got here," I told Crowly with a face saying I'm over it let's hurry and finish this.

Crowly practically ignored the first part of what I said and kept going.

"The Ebony Carriage goes to welcome new students chosen by the Dark Mirror. They are special carriages that carry the door to the academy. The market decided long ago that carriages are used to welcome people on special days." Crowly said

"Getting dragged into a mirror and now I have to go to a magic school though I don't have magic and I probably can't get back home so what I school to live a quiet life here until everything is solved," I said to myself.

"Muggamm! Muggghhh" Grim said while trying to get out of the restraints.

"Come. Let's go to the entrance ceremony." Crowly said while ignoring Grim.

"Is that all for the new student dorm assignments? Listen up, new students. Here in Heartslabyul, I am the rule. Break them and it's off with your head." said a boy with red hair

"Uuugghh. The stuffy ceremony is finally over. We're going back to the dorm. Savanaclaws, follow me." Said the man with ears

"To the new students, congratulations on entering this academy. Enjoy your life here to its fullest. as the dormitory leader of Octavinelle, I will support you to the best of my ability." said the boy with glasses

"By the way, where did the headmaster go? He flew right out right in the middle of the ceremony." said the beautiful man

"Abandoning his post..." said a voice from the tablet

"Did he get a stomachache or something?" said a boy with white hair

"Not at all!" Crowley said while bursting through the door, I was following along behind him.

"Ah, he's here." said the red hair boy

"I cannot believe you all. We were missing one new student so I went to find them. You are the only one yet to be assigned a dormitory. I shall watch over the raccoon, step in front of the Dark Mirror." Crowley said

"Mghgmh" Grim said while struggling

As I walked up to the mirror a face appeared but it was more of a mask surrounded by green flames.

The Dark Mirror said "State thy name"

"Kang Minju," I said

"The shape of thy soul is.................. I do not know." the Dark Mirror said

"Come again?" Crowley said clearly confused.

"I sense not a spark of magic from this one... The color, the shape, all are nothing. Therefore, they are suited for no dormitory. "

I mean clearly, do I look like I have magic? No, so how did I end up in this frigging school. I said to myself.

"An Ebony Carriage would absolutely never go to meet someone who can't use magic! In 100 years there has not been a mistake in student selection. So why in the world..." Crowley said.

"Rude much," I said to Crowley. In the back, you could hear some students giggling or trying to hold in their laughter.

"Mghmgh... Pah! Then I'll take their place!" Grim said eagerly

"Stay right there! Raccoon! Unlike that dumb human, I can use magic! So let me in the school instead! If you need proof I'll show you right now!" Grim said while smirking.

"Everyone, get down!" said the boy with red hair.

"Nnnaaah" Grim said while letting out a blue flame

While grim started conjuring the blue flame I pulled up the robe and kicked Grim to the floor before they burned the place down. After kicking Grim down I held him in my arms tight enough so they won't be able to conjure any fire.  A few unlucky people have gotten their clothing on fire

"Waaaah! Hottttttt! My butts on fire!" said the boy with white hair.

"Mr. Minju, if you were going to kick the raccoon you should have done it before he conjured the fire!" Crowley said clearly worried about his school burning down.

"Dude wrong gender! I'm a female right now! And how would I have known that he would have conjured it that fast!" I said really annoyed. 

I could hear gasps and whispers. As I was looking around the room I could see that the room was filled with males. I didn't mind but the attention was kind of annoying.

"Um, hey, could someone put out my butt fire already!?" Said the boy with white hair

"I can't overlook those who break rules. I'll put a restain on them so they can't use their magic. Let's hurry and get this over with."

"Off WITH YOUR HEAD!" said the boy with red hair

"Nygah! What the heck is this!?" said Grim

"Laws of the Queen of Hearts: Number 23 "One shall never bring a cat into a festival." You being a cat means you've broken the rules. I shall have you leave at once." said the red-haired boy.

"I'm not a cat!! I'll burn this collar right up and... E, eh? I can't use my fire" Grim said

"Hmph! You won't be using any magic until I remove the collar. Just like an ordinary cat" the boy with the red hair said

At this point, I was bored watching them fight but I watched for a little longer.

"Wh-what!? I'm not some pet" Grim exclaimed

"Don't worry, I'd never keep a pet like you. I'll take it off anyways when you get thrown out." said the boy with red hair.

"Wow, as wonderful as ever. Any and all magic gets sealed by your Unique Magic, Riddle. I want it... No. I wouldn't ever want that cast on me." said the man with glasses.

"You must do something about this! It is your familiar! Properly discip--"Crowley said but I cut him off.

"How many times do I tell you Grim is not my familiar! This is the first time I've seen him! And I would never hang out with someone so annoying! Where are your ears I've told you twice already do you block out everything except your voice! 미쳤 니!? (Are you crazy!? (how to read: michyeoss ni?))" I said to Crowley fumed

"Y-you did? *Ahem* Anyways, let's get it out of the school at any rate. We won't turn you into a stew. For I am gracious. Someone help, please." said Crowley

"Gyaaa! Let me go! I'm going to, going to... Become the greatest magician!" Grim said as he got kicked out.

I mean I do feel somewhat sorry but I would have ended up dieing if I had someone that annoying. While grim was kicked out I felt my gender change to they/them so I put my hair in a low bun just enough so you can get a glimpse of my undercut and changed bracelets to the they/them pronouns.

"We had a bit of trouble along the way but this brings the entrance ceremony to a close. Dormitory Heads, please show the new students back to the dormitory. ...Hm? Now that I think about it, I don't see the leader of Diasomnia, Mr. Draconia. around at all..." Crowley said

"That's no different from usual, is it?" said the man with ears

"What? Did nobody tell him about the ceremony?" said the boy with white hair

"If you're going to complain you should have done it yourself." the beautiful man said

"Hmmm. But I don't really know anything about the guy." said the boy with white hair

Student A said "By Draconia.. do they mean "that" Malleus Draconia?"

Student B said, "Is he seriously attending this school?"

Student C said "Scary..."

"I was correct. I thought he might come but Malleus really didn't. It seems the invitation "Never Arrived" again" said the old-fashioned man

"My deepest apologies. I promise, we didn't intend to exclude you." said the man with glasses

"His aura makes it hard to approach him," said Riddle

"It's fine. Members of the Diasomnia Dormitory can come with me... I hope this doesn't upset him..." said the old-fashioned man

As the students went to their dormitories, the white-haired boy said thank you while leading a group of students, most of the students were staring but I ignored them, attention is not always good especially for people like me, the ones who don't make friends and stays inside.

"Then, Minju, I'm terribly sorry about this but... We must have you leave the school. Those without any talent for magic cannot be allowed to attend classes here. There's no need to worry, the Dark Mirror will send you directly back from where you came from. Enter the Gate, and picture your home clearly in your mind..."

"I mean it not going to work I can visualize all I want and it won't work, I'm from another world. I guess I'll visualize but I'm telling you it's not going to work" I said

"Oh Dark Mirror, guide this one back to back to the place where they belong!" Crowley said but the Dark Mirror said nothing. "Once More. Oh, Dark Mirror! Guide this..." but Crowley was interrupted by the Dark Mirror.

"It is nowhere," said the mirror

"Eh?" Crowley said

"The place they belong is nowhere in this world... It does not exist" said the Dark Mirror

"What did you say? This is unbelievable! Hmm, well, the unbelievable has been on parade today. This is the first time it's ever happened since I became headmaster, what should be... Where exactly did you come from?" said Crowley

"I come from a place call Incheon, Korea located on Earth," I told Crowley I also said it as slow as possible so he can listen carefully.

"I've never heard of that place. I have a general grasp of where all the students came from but I've never even heard that name before. Let's do some research in the library." Crowley said.

"There really isn't anything. Not only the world map but the name of your home isn't written in any history. Are you truly from where you say? You aren't lying to me by any chance? Looking at all this, you may have somehow been brought here from another planet... There is also the possibility that you're from another world."

"I lost a few brain cells because I practically said the same thing a few minutes ago. Where are you not listening?" I looked at him with a tilted head and my eyes wide open, which made him flinch a little.

"If you want to see if I have anything like an identification well sucks for you I only have my pronoun bracelets in my pocket. No, ID, no nothing." I said

"This is concerning. I can't just let someone who can't use magic to stay at school. However, as an educator, I can't just toss a penniless teenager out on the street with no form of communication. For I am gracious. Hmmmm, That's right. There is an unused building on campus. It was once used as a dormitory in the past so if you clean it up you should at least be able to sleep there. For the time being, I shall allow you to stay there! Then I will look for a way for you to return home. My graciousness is limitless! I am a model for all educators. We had better be on our way. Let's head to the dormitory. It may be a bit old but there is a certain charm to it" Crowley said while showing me the way out

After Crowley finished I asked him if I might be able to live a calm life while I'm here but he totally dodged the question and just went on showing me the way to the dormitory.

Crowley showed me to the abandoned dorm. It wasn't the best place and it wasn't the worst. It was liveable.

"This place is liveable I love the haunted aura," I tell Crowley

"Right, right. Please come inside. Staying here will at least keep you out of the rain. I'm going back to do more research. Make yourself at home. Don't go wandering the school! Goodby--" But I cut off Crowley

"Hey headmaster I have to tell you and it would be better to tell you now that hold it off. I am gender fluid which means I have a fixed gender and I switch between genders so that's why I was wearing the bracelets with the pronouns. I would want you to call me by the pronoun I have but if not you can switch between pronouns adding a bit of everything. If not it's fine just try not to stick to one specific gender, please. Thank you for listening, if you don't accept me that's fine I mean I've dealt with homophobic people. I just hope you keep that in mind." I told Crowley

"I'll keep that in mind. For I am so gracious. So what are you right now?" Crowley said with a somewhat reassuring smile.

"I'm nothing right now they/them pronouns," I said to Crowley.

"I must go now Goodbye Minju." Then Crowley left

I took a good look around just to see piles of dust.

Better get to work I say to my self. It was raining out side of the dorm. So I turn the lights on to start cleaning.

"Hyiii! Its really coming down!" Grim said

"OMG! Did you sneak back. I'm getting a migrain. Your going to help me clean and listen to me or I will knock you out and bring you to Crowley, then you'll never be able to see the outside. If you help me I might be able to help you out" I told Grim

"Nyaa! So cold! This roof is leaking! Fgyaa! It keeps coming! My adorable ear fire is ganna go out at this rate! Fine I'll help!" Grim said looking a bit scared from when I thretend him.

"Go find multiple buckets from the looks of this building were going to need it, I'll find a room that we can sleep in for now and start cleaning up there. Got it?" I ask Grim

"Yes Sir" and Grim went to find a bucket while I checked each room to see if there was a non leaking room.

I was looking for a room when 3 figures appeared before me, they weren't human and they couldn't have been a creature and from the looks of them they were ghosts.

"We haven't had a guest in so long... I'm itching for some action." the first and the second ghost said.

"OMG. It's a ghost, that's so cool." I said

Suddenly Grim came in the hallway and said "What are you freaking out. Gyaaaaaaaaa!!!! G-g-g-ghoooooooooost!!!"

"The people living here got scared of us and left," said Ghost B

"We've been looking for more ghost pals. How about you guys?" Asked Ghost C

"I may not be a ghost but we still can be friends," I say.

I may be trying to live a calm life but befriending some ghost is probably fine.

"Grim the Great Magician isn't scared of some ghosts!!!" Grim says and though he conjures fire he missed all 3 ghosts.

"Where are you aiming?" asked Ghost A

"Over here, over here! Heeheehee" Ghost C says

"Shoot! Stop disappearing!" Grim says

"Grim stop shooting without looking! Open your eyes. If not your going to burn the place down. If that happens I will make you and your tiny paws to build it from scratch." I looked at him with a smile.

"Shut up! Don't try to give me orders!" Grim says trying to hide that they were scared

"Ok, so let's look at it this way if you drive out the ghost's you might win the headmaster over." which is what I said to Grim then I turned to the ghost to tell them that "Sorry after you get driven out you can always drop by to say hi"

"Hey, you tell me where the ghosts are!" Grim said in an ordering voice.

"The ghost is on your left." I said in a bored voice

I would have already kicked them grim you take too long.

"Hottt" Ghost A said

"I hit it! Alright, let's chase them all outta here!" Grim says enthusiastically

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66.6K 1.4K 30
!I do not write smut nor do I own any of the characters that are mentioned! This will be ONLY TWST x male reader, there will be some exceptions for G...
27.8K 474 46
TWST Headcannons ALL THE WAY. If you wanna request something even oneshots feel free I won't bite your head off.
60.7K 2.3K 63
The Madrigals aren't the only family to be blessed with a gift in their Encanto. There is a second family named the Hitonisha's, they had moved from...
13.4K 332 22
I was dreaming of two girls. One who had ice power and one who fight for destiny. I was feeling if they kinda related to me.... Because I am struggli...