Mia Potter and The Nether Rea...

By Kili-Loverxx

The war was finally over and Voldemort was defeated for good, but at a terrible price: Mia Elizabeth Potter h... More

Cast
Prologue
Mood boards
Act One
Chapter One, Second Mate already?
Chapter Two, A New Home
Chapter Three, Registering
Chapter Four, Belated Birthday Party
Chapter Five, The Ceremony
Chapter Six, The Mate Meet
Chapter Seven, Second Bonding Heat
Chapter Eight, The First Scan
Chapter Nine, Visiting The Burrow
Chapter Ten, Blaise's Birthday
Chapter Eleven, Mia's First Harvest Festival
Chapter Twelve Nursery Planning and a First Birthday
Chapter Thirteen, New Nieces and Nephews for Christmas
Chapter Fourteen, Valentine's Day
Trailer
Chapter Sixteen, New Arrivals
Act Two
Act Two part Two
Media
Chapter Seventeen, Dragel Meet
Chapter Eighteen, Large families Reunited

Chapter Fifteen, Nesting and Missed Birthdays

813 37 3
By Kili-Loverxx

Chapter Fifteen, Nesting and Missed Birthdays

As the clock struck one am in the early morning of the second to last week of March, Mia suddenly awoke from her restless sleep as her Dragel demanded she head to her nest. Easing out from under Fred's and Blaise's arms, Mia crawled to the bottom of the bed, her eyes located on the sky blue rucksack (Damon's) waiting by the door. It was filled with everything she could possibly need for her and the babies: two large self-warming flasks filled with her mates' blood; a pair of thick and fluffy cream coloured towels; close for Mia after the birth; a stack of newborn nappies; the two blankets Fleur had made (it had a picture of a wolf, a stag, a doe and a large black dog playing with a young doe, which Fleur had enchanted it to move).

There was also gender neutral bodysuits, baby grows, shawls, booties, and muslin cloths (all in soft greys, yellows and pastel greens, as they didn't know what they were having); two cord clamps and sealed bags to put the after birth and placenta in so it didn't attract predators.
After triple checking that everything was within the bag (she'd checked, then checked again before she went to bed) Mia held it within her hands and headed into the closet to leave via the window once more. It was the quickest way to her nest.

As she'd done many times Mia pulled her multi-jewel coloured wings from her body, jumping from the window before easily flying towards her nest, she couldn't enjoy the flight as she'd done so many times before; she was in a hurry, she needed to be in her nest as soon as possible so she could preen in preparation for the double birth.
Finally, she arrived in the vicinity of her nest fluttering to the ground to soften the blow to her bare feet with the hard, chilly ground.

Warding the area, again, so it was warm and protected from any and all animals (she would take every precaution to ensure her and her babies survival, despite knowing her mates would protect them in their vulnerable state. Satisfied she crawled into the cosy, warm nesting area and stripped out of her long sleeved pastel green silk pyjamas with matching bottoms adding them to the already fully padded floor with matching high and padded walls. Compared to the first time she had started building her nest with just her mates' jumpers, several thick fluffy towels, thick winter blankets (the one that had been on their bed over Christmas), and the two rugs from the living room.

It now included: four velvet curtains; eight Egyptian cotton towels; a pair of smart trousers from each of her mates in the softest material Mia had ever felt; a pair of silk pyjamas from each of her mates; two soft blankets and finally their winter duvet. Feeling satisfied, Mia started emptying the rucksack of everything she'd need setting it where she could reach but out of reach of any blood or fluids; once the baby blankets were added to the makeshift cradles she'd made with her mates pyjamas and towels, she laid down pulling out her Dragel attributes, made sure everything was still within reach from this position and called out to her mates letting them know she was in her nest as her Dragel fully took over her mind.

***

Two hours after Mia had left the house for her nest, André, Fred, Blaise and Damon startled awake when they heard her cry. Startled, the four men looked around the room as they're Dragel's sensed the house, Fred and Blaise absently touching the cool sheets where Mia had laid between them.
"She's gone into her nest." Damon realised, noticing the bag, which was kept within easy access at all times, was gone. They realised the truth when Mia called again as they hadn't answered the first time around, but time the four rumbled in reply.

She was calling to let them know where she was so they could protect her and bring her food (red meat such as deer etc) when needed but they also knew not to get too close unless they wanted to be gorged as she protected herself and their babies.
"But - it's too early!" Fred fretted anxiously.
"It should be fine." André spoke, trying to reassure the others but his voice had the slightest tremble to it. "But we'll call the Healer Alana Talbot anyway."
"We'll have to let all the family know too and -"
"Relax!" André ordered, interrupting Damon and Blaise's fretting, although he was just as nervous as the rest of them.

But he couldn't afford to show it in times like this as he was Top Dominant. "First things first is call Healer Talbot ask if she's able to come here - even if it's just to soothe our fears and concerns, more than anything, as she won't be allowed within ten feet of the nest - then as I have potions to complete I'll stay here while the rest of you and Dobby alert the family and I'll send Hedwig to my parents who'll alert the others and to Neville and Luna as well. After which, you will all go to work and I'll call if there is any change." André insisted firmly when they looked like they were about to argue before they all let out a sigh.
"You're right." Fred grumbled, both he and his Dragel didn't like the thought of leaving Mia now that she was vulnerable in the nest. He knew she'd protect herself if needed but it would also put her and the babies in danger.

"I have those Multiway Diaries to promote today as the new stock. It'll be a good idea for us all to have one. Then in emergencies, like now, it'll ease the pressure off of Dobby, Winky and Kreacher." Fred suggested.
"That's amazing." Blaise muttered, amazed. "How do they work? And we'll pay for them otherwise you and George will be out of pocket and none of us want that."
"You can connect multiple diaries by tapping your wand against the cover stating the name of whom you want to message." Fred explained.
"Ingenious." Damon muttered, amazed. "Companies would pay a fortune for them here, let alone anywhere else."
"I know it'll make the potion orders I receive easier." André added. "Right, Dobby!" André called.

A pop sounded within the room as Dobby appeared at the foot of the bed, bowing deeply - his nose nearly touching the rug- to the four men in the bed, who were all now wide awake. They knew they wouldn't be getting any sleep anytime soon (perhaps only tonight) with Mia in her nest.
"What can Dobby do for his kind masters?" Dobby asked eagerly.
"We apologise for the extremely early call Dobby -" Blaise started to apologise.
"Oh there is no apologies needed, sirs, Dobby is happy to always serve his kind Mistress Mia and her mates, my kind Masters." Dobby interrupted.

"Be that as it may, Dobby, you still need your sleep." Damon insisted.
"The reason we've called you is due to Mia entering her nest." Fred explained, Dobby's green tennis-ball eyes widened to the size of saucers at that revelation.
"We wondered if you could go and inform our Healer, Healer Alana Talbot and ask her to come here. Could you also have Hedwig send this letter to Luna and Neville and the other to my parents, while we Floo call our families, please." André asked, having just finished writing the quick missives.

"Of course I cans, Master André, you can always count on Dobby." Dobby insisted, accepting the letters before disappearing as quickly as he came.
"I'll Apparate to Remus' place then go to Mum's and Georgie's from there." Fred decided, climbing from the bed pulling on his dressing gown as he slipped his feet into his slippers. "No doubt Remus, Mum, and either Chantelle, George or Elijah, as well as your parents will come through the Floo." Fred considered the very likely possibility that their house - despite the size and space - was going to be very full very shortly.
Not that it really mattered in truth.

"Do you want me to ask Winky and Kreacher if they'll inform some of your family, Damon? André?" Fred asked, slotting his wand into its holster.
"That would clear up the Floo and allow one of us to remain here as protection." André debated for a moment. "If you don't mind." André hesitantly agreed, casting a questioning look to Damon, who nodded in agreement.
"Course not." Fred assured them, with a reassuring smile directed at the three he disappeared within the next moment with a resounding crack; much like a crack of thunder.
"No one can say our family isn't helping with the Dragel population." Blaise chuckled, as the remaining three slid their feet into slippers and pulled on dressing gowns.

"With all the babies in the family there's bound to be a mix of Wixens and Dragels, and we certainly have a lot of birthdays to remember and presents to buy for Yule." Damon agreed.
"I'm just glad Mia created that calendar with all the birthdays and special dates on it - not only the babies either." André added. "Even I struggled with my siblings' birthdays."
"Exactly! What with Telle, George and Elijah having Megan, Gideon, Aster and Aurora. Then there's your elder sister Damon, Sophie and her mates Chris and Anna who have four year old Elsa; three year old triplets, Louisa, Savannah and Gemma and they're also expecting twins any day now as Anna went into her nest nearly a month ago.

Your younger sister Tamara and her mates Rebekah and Hope have five year old Mark; four year old twins Harry and Harvey, and they just had twin girls Mya and Allison on March 1st.
Then there's your twin sister André, Simone, and her mates Caden, Isaac and Sam. The four of them have ten year old Chloe; four year old twins Grace and Zoe; two year old Benjamin; and three days after Tamara gave birth, Simone welcomed their quads, Shane, Zachary, Jordan and Aidan.

James, Gary, Josh and Tyler have three year old Amy; and on the 6th of February yet welcomed triplets; Kayla, Leanna and Stacy.
Then there's Alice, Rupert and Devin who had Hunter on the 13th of November. That's just from George and your two sides of the family! Never mind Chantelle's sisters and Elijah's siblings!" Blaise chucked, the other two chuckling along with him, saying it out loud they had to admit it was a lot, but they wouldn't change anything no matter how hard it is to keep track of at times. As Blaise glanced at the pair, a grin stole across his face as he watched the tension ease from their bodies allowing them to think clearer.

"Thank you." André and Damon muttered gratefully.
"You're welcome. Now, let's go let everyone know because I don't know about either of you but my mother and grandparents will Hex me if I don't inform them." Blaise shuddered dramatically before he Shadowed out, leaving André and Damon to greet and contact the rest of the family while he and Fred did the rest.

***

Remus and Dora jumped out of bed wands drawn when the ark arm in their Wards went off at the unannounced visitor, racing outside they were surprised when they came face to face with a pyjama clad Fred. Only when he had passed all their tests did they allow him inside and stow away their wands, but they were no less tense if anything they were more so and extremely confused.
"Fred?" Remus questioned with trepidation.

"Mia's gone into her nest." Fred explained, he was itching to get back home but he still had his parents and George left to inform. While he'd waited for Remus and Dora he'd sent his Patronus to let some of Damon's and Andre's siblings know before sending a Patronus home to inform André and Damon; this way time wasn't wasted by informing someone twice.
"What?" Dora gasped, hand hovering over her mouth. "But surely it's too early?"

"We've sent for the Healer, but even then there isn't anything she can do. Mia knows what to do, not only from her instincts but also her Healer training she's been doing as well. If Merlin forbade something was wrong we'd feel it in the bond and she'd let us know." Fred reassured, not knowing who he was trying to reassure more; Remus and Dora or himself.
"Who have you got left to tell?" Remus inquired, struggling to rein in Moony and his overprotective instincts.

"Georgie, Telle and Elijah, and Mum, Dad and Ginny. I've sent a Patronus to half of Damon's and Andre's siblings, Blaise is informing his mother and grandparents, André sent Hedwig to inform his parents, Neville and Luna and one to Bill and Fleur as well, and Damon is Floo calling his patents and the rest of his siblings. I was going to ask Winky if she could inform Bill and Fleur." Fred revealed.
"Okay, I'll go and inform Molly, Ginny and Arthur. Love, you go and inform George, Chantelle and Elijah, and you, Fred, head home to see if the Healer has arrived." Dora ordered.

"Thank you Dora. Thanks Remus." Fred muttered gratefully, before he Shadowed back home. It would seem he had arrived just in time as the movement he materialised was the moment that Damon pulled his head from the Floo and Blaise appeared beside him less than a second later.
"I'm sorry for my lateness. My grandmothers kept asking me questions regarding Mia and giving tips." Blaise apologised, realising he was the last to arrive - Healer Alana Talbot sad sitting in an armchair drinking herbal green tea - and sat on the sofa between Damon and Fred. André was on Damon's other side.

"No apologies needed." Healer Alana assured them with a kind smile directed at all of them. For the next ten minutes she proceeded to ask them questions regarding Mia and the babies. Some of the questions she asked were:

'How has Mia been in herself, in the last two weeks?'
'How has she been regarding the babies?'
'Has she been getting enough fluids (water, as well as saliva, blood and semen from each of them)?'
'What has her daily routine been like?'
And finally, 'And has she been taking all of her prescribed potions and vitamins?'

After they'd finished answering all of the questions they waited in patient tenterhooks feeling like they were going to explode from all the worry and nervous Emmett they had surging around their bodies as Healer Alana cancelled the spell on the Auto-Write Quill (a better and truthful version of the Quick-Quotes Quill) once it had finished writing their answers in their file.
"Due to what you've told me," Healer Alana started patiently, "I see no cause for concern for either Mia or the babies." The four men suddenly turned boneless on the sofa as their bodies melted with relief.

"Sometimes, Submissives head into their nests early - especially when multiples are expected - this is due to the need to better prepare for the upcoming births. It's especially common in first time pregnancies, admittedly I've not seen a first pregnancy with multiples in a Dragel, but that doesn't mean there's cause for concern. It just means Mia and her Dragel feel the need to better prepare herself for the births. However, if anything changes no matter how insignificant it may seem to you, it actually may not be so I urge you to get back in contact and I'll be more than happy to help.

In the meantime, when you're dropping off food, take in her scent and assess her that way, but be sure you don't get too close as Dominants have been killed by accident due to getting too close to the nest. The day she comes out of the nest, Floo call me, and I'll come straight away to check the three over. But make sure to take care of yourselves as well, you'll be no good to Mia otherwise. You have an extremely large family and support network between the five of you. Use it!" She ordered, nodding to share many anxious faces peering into the large living room.

Amongst the sea of faces were: Remus and Dora; Molly and George; Damon's parents Michelle and Harry and his grandparents Kim, Mark, Joseph and Mary. There were also Andre's parents Simon, Keegan and Wayne, his grandparents ("Louis, Chloe, Archer, Sion, Lucas and Marie) and his twin Simone. Finally, there was also Blaise's mother (Melissa) and his grandparents (Andrea, Enzo, Francois and Alessia).
"Thank you Healer Talbot. I'll make sure my brother and the others get some rest." George reassured her, a chancel gong eyebrow raised to his elder twin brother.

"I don't doubt it." Healer Alana laughed. "No, I'll see myself out." She insisted, when all four stood.
Once the Healer had left the mother hens descended.
"Right," Molly ordered, clapping her hands business-like but with a firm look in her eyes, a look that was copied in everyone else's eyes as well. "You four are going to go to bed for a bit before you go to work. There are more than enough of us here to make sure Mia is well looked after. And don't worry about planning things for Fred and George's birthday and Elijah's as George has informed me that they both wish to wait until Mia is out of the nest with their new nieces or nephews." Molly advised.

"It's true Freddie." George insisted when Fred looked at him. "We're each other's other halves, remember? Plus, you'd do the same for me if it was Chantelle. All we want is for Mia and the babies to be happy, safe and healthy." George declared.
As if by magic more of the tension bled from their shoulders as they conceded to their families wishes and headed up to bed for a couple of hours.
'Come home soon, love.' was the last thought on their minds as dark security of sleep claimed them.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.5K 531 49
"I hate you Fred Weasley! You are the most arrogant, egotistical, air headed, jerk I have ever met! You don't even have the common sense to see that...
146K 4.9K 33
first book in the Evelyn Black series β€’ β€’ sequal: BACK TO LOVE [ i promise the second book is better lol ] β€’ slow slow-burn (like years) friends...
346K 5.2K 54
˒ᡒᡐᡉᡗⁱᡐᡉ˒ ʷʰᡉⁿ α΄΅ ˑᡒᡒᡏ ⁱⁿᡗᡒ ΚΈα΅’α΅˜Κ³ ᡉʸᡉ˒, Stories with you and your favourite Harry Potter characters cause we all know we have one or more Harry Potter...
1.1M 33.2K 102
*An edited, rewritten version is currently being slowly published by chapter on AO3 @ accio_weasleys * "I'm so in love with you and I hope you know D...