Street Rats

By WritingGeeky

A girl joins a group of robbers to help them rob a bank once they catch her eavesdropping on them. The boss o... More

From the writer:
Characters
Important Notice

Chapter 1 : The Robbery

119 5 0
By WritingGeeky

<not edited yet>

I slammed my hands hard and firm onto the table "I demand the full amount" I said grimacing my stare. Deepening my voice to make it sound more threatening. Weezel rolled his eyes and wacked the doll out of my hands. "Aren't you too old to collect dolls?" He said. I narrowed my eyes picking up the doll without losing eye contact with weezel.Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice...won't happen. "Stop changing the subject and get your hands on my $45"

He opened the cash registrater and took $36 out slamming it onto the table. "Here you go " I grabbed the money and started counting the dollars. "Your $9 short, pay up buddy" He sighed " I am broke , I can't pay you even if I wanted to, it's all I have."

I gave him a look of disbelief "Weezel don't test me, you should know by now, I am not dumb"

Weezel pulled out the cash registrater's tray and slammed it on the counter "Wanna bet on it?" My eyes widened seeing only $4 left in the tray "You rotten liar hand me that $4 this instance" He grabbed the tray the moment I moved in for the kill and resulted as me hanging over his counter. I pulled away standing straight up. "You owe me money, pay it up" i said holding my hand out for him to drop the loot. "That $4 is my life supply, do you want to leave me starving?" I gave out a sigh and replied "Don't play with my feelings Weezel" I said staring down at the floor, I dropped the doll onto the counter and carried a heavy head out the door, before leaving I looked back at Weezel to give him a death stare. "I'll come back for my $9"

Weezel gave out a chuckle and barried his head in his arms peeking at me with admiration. " Don't worry  I know you will" I gave him a nodd and went down the long road awaiting me.

I cross a few roads and walk past a few shops, by now they are closing one by one.A day goes by fast, almost to fast. The night sky is various shades of black.

I walk down my usual path to home - bed. My back is not quite ready for it but my eyes are. I stare at the bright lights passing, the road is quiet tonight. Three or four blocks away from bed I stop.

I notice a van across the road parked close to the bank, by now the bank is closed but three or four security guards are keeping watch.

Something about it doesn't seem right to me, I've seen this play out a couple of times before. Whoever is in the van is getting ready to rob the bank, a crime I can't miss to see again.

Tonight I shall watch upfront instead of aback. I want to learn, stealing dolls from small kids won't pay enough. I check the road for cars and once clear; I walk down to the van. I hide on the right side since voices are coming from the left.

"Get out of the way, now or I'll personally get you out of the way" I lean over the side of the van staring at what seems to be a bunch of robbers...I think. Is it robbers? They aren't dressed like robbe- What the fricken robber is that? I gave out a slight choke .

"Who's there?" One of them said while the other ran my way. Oh shoot. Damn. I backed up quickly falling down flat on my bum with my knees splattered on the floor. "H-hi" I said laughing nurvesly.
"Get up trash, your coming with me" He said pulling me roughly by the arm. "Your like a mirror, you reflect what you see" I said. He pulled up his eyebrow "What is that suppose to mean?" He said pulling me towards the rest. "Your trash too, jerk" I said stepping onto his foot with full force - a trick I've picked up from observing.

I back up quickly getting ready to thrust out of there but I bump into someone. Two others come from his side grabbing me by the arms. On my right is a small blond boy, on my left is a guy with glasses and behind me is a tall guy with brown messed up hair.

"Hallo!" the blond boy said. "Hi" I said. "Don't talk to the girl" the one who first found me said. " What's your deal?" He said. "Nothing" I said. "What were you doing here?" The guy with messed up brown hair said. "None of your business " I said raising my chin. "What should we do with her?" He said to the guy who caught me. I dropped my head looking down - you should never stare at criminals. My view dropped behind me onto leather boots with spikes on them. Nice! It would be a shame if they had to dissipear unexpectedly. From now on I'll call him boots.

He didn't reply "Let's lock her in the van, it would be the logical choice" glasses said. "Mmm I don't know, I don't trust her, the girls trouble" the guy who caught me said. " I can help you" I said. "With what?" He said with a pinch sarcasm. "With readjusting your attitude" I said narrowing my eyes. "Mmm okay guys throw her in the van" He said, like goons they turned around facing the van readying to throw me in. " No. Wait. I can help you rob the bank!" They stopped and turned me around to face The Boss. "How did you- how'd you know?" He asked. "Instinct"

The guys dropped me they we're shocked. I placed my arms on my waist " Am I in? Or am I out? I'll wait in the van if you don't want my help" The boss formed fists but gave out a huge sigh "whatever " he said.

I glided past robber one, and narrowed my eyes when I walked past robber two, his not entirely off the hook with me, once I made it to the back of the van, my eyes widened it was fully aquipted with guns, computers and costumes. One thing is for sure, they are prepared for everything the police can throw at them.

"Surprised?" the tall guy said. I turned around almost looking at him, "Nothing I haven't seen before" I said. "Yeah right, we all know the coolest thing you could have seen before is a special at the mall. I smirked walking up too him "No, actually the coolest thing ive seen before was this one guy snatching the presidents credit card at a meeting without him even noticing." "That didn't happen" a chuncky voice interrupted he was crossing his arms while he gave out a chuckle. His hands were strong and rough.

"I can prove it" I said taking out all of their wallets out of my ragged jacket. I opened the first one finding a ID card in it, "I believe this belongs to Trenton Jagger? I said waving it in the air, grunts murmered in the atmosphere followed by Trenton I suppose ,grabbing it out of my grasp. "Give that to me" he said angry. I gave a slight smirk. That's called payback Trenton.

I threw the rest of the wallets on the floor and turned sharply on my heel, i don't have to know who the rest is, I don't care. Murmers followed and Trenton groaned angrily almost huffing, I climbed into the back of the van and took a seat on a office chair, spinning around and pulling drawers out to find out what other cool gizmos they hide in here.

"What is this?" I questioned taking out a big box, I am well aware what people keep in here. Sweet a AK-47 is just what we need for this mission. I held the gun in my grasp and checked the ammo. Fully loaded it was. "Can we get rid of her? She's annoying." Trenton said crossing his arms too. "I have an better idea, lets just get rid of you instead, I am way better at leading anyway." I said aiming the AK-47 at him. "Your crazy" he murmered running towards me and grabbing the gun.

"She's not going on field" Trenton said narrowing his eyes at me. You my boss? Yeah, I don't think so. "Aww but boss I want her there" the small blond boy said. "You just don't like her cos she doesn't take your moods" Wow I just arrived here and I am already popular. "Shut up, who's the boss around here, you or me?" Trenton said. Me.

"I'll tell daddy you were mean to me" the short blond headed guy said. I gave him a puzzled look. Daddy? A sudden smirk appeared on my face. I knew would follow"Whatever, do what you want, but if she's killing someone, I know nothing" Trenton said strictly. "So this is a family business?" I said. "Rule 1, you don't get to ask questions" Trenton said.
"He's Petro's older brother, the rest of us, you could call mutual friends" glasses said. Aww I like Petro, coming up to his older brother...kind of reminds me of myself...when I used to have a brother. Whatever, the past is a drug - it fools you.

"I suggest we get back to the mission" I said grabbing the Ak-47 from Trenton's hand, "this is mine by the way" I said, followed by me jumping out of the van, alveasly followed by grunts. Man that guy hates me, not that I care, I hate him too.

Mission 1: The Bank

A big old building.

We stood in the alleyway focused on 2 guards outside, one armed the other sipping coffee while armed. My suggestion is to take out the one sipping coffee, his more vulnerable and probably tired.

"Let's go for the one closest to us, then we won't cause a too big of a scene" Boots said. "and then we take out the one taking a coffee break while his vulnerable" Glasses said. "Or we take out the one with the coffee first while his vulnerable because if we don't we'll give coffee guy a chance to arm up, trust me" I said. "Trust you? That's the problem here, we don't" Trenton said jumping into the fight without hesitation. Arrogant jerk.

He kicked the gun out of cop 1's hand and spinning on the floor while cop 2 throws the coffee cup (like I said) and got armed to shoot Trenton(like I said)

Glasses started asking us to go on field but boots disagreed "This is on him, let this be a lesson he learns" he said. Petro peeked glances at the fight but backed off once it got too violent for him to watch. Trenton doged the bullets of the attack thrusting from left to right on the floor. Showoff. We'll see how he shows off once his dead. I watched him bash the cop with full thrust against the cops stomage.

Petro peeked a glance at the scene, his head bellow mine and fear spattered on his face while cop1 stood up aiming at Trenton while Trenton was punching cop2 on the floor. I look down meeting blue eyes. "Help him" Petro said in a voice I struggle to deciver. Is he scared? He shouldn't be his been looking at Trenton punch the life out of cop 1 for quite some time.

I look at cop 1's finger on the trigger of the gun aimed on Trenton's back then I quickly turn my head to boots and glasses, glasses hacking someting and boots telling glasses jokes he doesn't hear."Damn it" I said running up to cop1 grabbing his legs from behind tripping him, I climb over him causing more grunting pain and grab his gun, I position it at him and walk backwards to make sure my "teamate" is "safe", but I bump into Trenton who is also walking backwards with cop2's gun in his hands.

"Grous" I say jumping slightly. "You were supposed to stay and watch, trash" He says. "I saved your butt, just say thank you and go and brood somewhere. " I say. "The day I say thank you, is the day I die"
He says storming off like the wind. Oh please, as if it was a pleasure saving you.

By now we are inside.

"Ok so Griff, you and the girl snatch the money, I will hack the camera's and we all know what Petro and Trenton does, just as we planned it." Griff? So that is boots's real name.

We walked thru the alley until we reached the vault door "Ok glasses I suppose your up" I said turning to face glasses who is already hacking something on his computer in the one hand and typing a password into the door. Clearly this is not just a hobby.

"Its Howard for your information girl, and you don't get to call me glasses, I don't allow nicknames they are childish and stupid." Wow, literally everyone is mean except Petro and maby Griff . Not that I am the nicest person around but still feelings? "Ignore him his brain is bigger than his heart, shall we carry on?" Griff said staring into my eyes. Green pupils.

"Kick that door down Griff!" I said excitedly punching the air, action is my fuel. He scratched his back before replying "Uhm we don't do that here" he said smiling, slightly blushing I think. "Ugh I don't have time to deal with newbies, go in" Howard said pulling the handle to open the vault.

Griff entered and I followed narrowing my gaze at Howard, or shall I say the little pain in the ass. I enter the vault which is filled with money. Rory you've just hit the jackpot! "Stop stearing at it and start stealing it." Griff says handing me a bag. Cliché much?

I rush to throw in more money than Griff, whatever I bag-is mine. I pick up baskets and dump money into the bag, once all the money is bagged I end up with 2 bags of money and Griff with 6. How does he do that? Mmm I sense training.

We carry the bags out the vault and walk to the main entrance where we find Petro and Trenton. Trenton has tied up the cops and Petro is tickling their feet with a feather. "Where is the diamond?" Trenton asks. Cop 1 laughes, "i won't talk" He says. Petro smirks while he menuwers his body to cop2. He starts tickling his toes and it results in cop2 admitting that the diamond is on the second floor.

"Good job" Trenton says to Petro giving him a nodd. "Griff leave the bags here, I'll put it into the van with...the girl" Griff puts the bags down and grabbing Petro's hand and motioning Howard to go upstairs. I have to hand it to Trenton, he did train them well. Trenton picks up a bag of money and places his hand on my back. He walks me to the van and tosses the money in it, then he picks me up and puts me in the van too.

"What's this?" I say. "The end to your journey " He says. He close the door before I can get out and I sigh. I underestimated him.

*An hour later*

I managed to slip into the driver's seat, I found a pair of glasses which I figured belonged to Howard so just as fast as I took it I returned it to its rightful place, I also found a choclate bar, which I ate because I got hungry.

I stare out of the window and make eye contact with another cop? He came running up to me, and being the selfish girl I am, I assumed the plan went rouge and started up the engine and took off with all the money.

//Writers note:

Chapter 2 Mr.Hampton is currently undergoing editing, Chapter 3 as well. I'll post it as soon as I am done - Chapter 2 will be posted Sunday.

Continue Reading