REBIRTH OF THE VILLAINESS ¦ C...

By aesmethyst

HIGHEST RANK #8 IN PARANORMAL (CATEGORY) "You cannot deceive the deceiver." Ashanti could not figure out... More

Rebirth of the Villainess
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XL
XLI
XLII
XLIII
XLIV
XLV
XLVI
XLVII
XLVIII
XLIX
L

XXXIV

891 47 11
By aesmethyst

Falsify

Everything went back to normal. People began to get busier because of Christmas. Everywhere a person looked, he would see different decorations and lights. Citizens wore big and thick clothes when going outside. Kinds of music could be heard by the big speaker in every street of Arsace.

Ashanti sipped her hot chocolate drink while looking at the maids decorating their living room with a Christmas tree and some figurines of Santa. It was traditional in Arsace that even old people still put childish displays on their home when the said holiday came.

She also saw the gifts under the tree. They were complete. Every member of the family should give gifts to each other. There was no exemption for her gift to Calista. She eyed the green box which Maeann wrapped as her Young Miss' gift for her step-sister. Her eyes turned a full circle and went upstairs.

She remembered giving Calista a cage full of live rats when she was ten. Calista cried and her father scolded her for doing such a thing. It went viral but people defended her. The privilege she got.

It had been a day since she last met Kalen. That was also the last time they talked to each other. She could not blame him. It would be awkward if they talk again after the cut-off. They were fooling their selves if they still chat the way they used to.

Pagkatapos nila maghiwalay, umuwi na agad siya. Ang gaan nun sa kaniyang pakiramdam at nakangiti siyang bumalik sa mansyon. It was the best option she had, and she chose it not only for her good but also for all people around her.

She took out the notebook she used to answer the questions. All of the questions were answered as 'Kalen', but the last question made it turn the table. She answered her name.

Since young, Ashanti was loved by people, not because of herself, but because she was the heiress of Rossault. From a very young age, she distinguished the difference between fake, platonic, and romantic love. She knew it from a glance whether a person was sincere to his admiration or not. She did not mind it, what she did was use it to be superior to others. She knew they would give her anything because they 'love' her, whether true or not.

Then Kalen came. He was the only person who she saw genuine to what he was doing and saying. He was the first person she could lend love to. Day by day, her feelings grew, and she promised not to break them forever.

It became her downfall when Calista and Kalen met. Blindly looking at the situation and quickly responding to what her step-sister was doing in the dark, Ashanti lost herself. She became an empty soul, trying to bring back the person who had her love.

That was her mistake from the beginning. She kept saying she would forever be the queen and had the crown, but she was not even qualified for it. She was weak. She was easy to wreck. She did not have the characteristics of a true queen.

For her to become strong, she should fill herself with warmth, fondness, and appreciation. That was what she was lacking.

I'm quite surprised I survived living my eighteen years being fragile.

And presently she was aiming to be the successor of their family. It was not yet late to complete herself.

She then listed down some of her research on how to become a better person. She searched for quotes that could give her motivation. New Year, a new beginning, better person, better Ashanti Rossault.

The dinner came. Everyone was enjoying, except for Calista who was quietly eating her food. Their father's focus was on Ashanti, asking her questions about her life.

"My assistant told me about the meetings you had with Giovanni Vercetti. All is good, am I right?"

Tumango si Ashanti. Wala namang away na naganap sa kanila ng lalaki. Mas naging mabait pa nga ito sa kaniya.

Speaking of Giovanni, she wondered if he was doing well. They had not talked since the night of Kennedy's debut. She was worried, but this was already common for her. Every time he would ask her to meet him, days and weeks would pass before he could call her again. Maybe he was busy? He was the ghost CEO of Vercetti Corporation after all. That was what she put into her mind.

"Ashanti, clear your schedule for a week. We'll go to Recani on new year's eve."

She paused for a second before smiling and nodding. It's been years since she last met her grandmother Amara. On the day of her debut, her grandmother could not go and see her because of the illness she was battling over the last decade. The teddy bear in her room was the only remembrance left from Amara.

Calista continued to eat. Hindi siya nagaksaya ng laway upang magtanong sa kaniyang ama kung kasama ba siya dahil alam naman na niya ang sagot.

After eating, Ashanti called Trishza. Her friend was aiming to reach her since yesterday. Hindi niya sinasagot ang tawag nito sa kadahilanang kailangan niya ng oras para sa kaniyang sarili.

She set a curve on her lips when the ring ended and heard the voice of Trishza ranting. She let her finish first before talking.

"How are you? We didn't talk for a while."

[It should be me who's asking that question. You should be thankful I'm a patient person, unlike you.]

She laughed. "Kalen and I are now done."

She heard a gasp on the other line. [Oh really? I thought it's him you picked in the end. You did a good job.]

"It's for me, not because the other person is better than the other."

[Atleast you're on the safe spot now. I'm happy for you.]

"Speaking of another person, can I ask for a favor?"

[What is it?]

"Can you ask Noah about Giovanni? I know he's a busy person but he told me to talk with him as soon as possible. Holiday naman ngayon at bukas kaya baka may oras siya. I'm just curious."

[You haven't talked yet? That's weird.]

Doon napakunot ang noo niya. "What do you mean?"

[Nevermind. Don't worry. I'll ask Noah.]

Their conversation lasted for about an hour. She told her what happened that night. She also explained to her the reason. Her peripheral vision caught the rectangular cuboid on the table. Kalen did not accept the gift she wanted to return. He told her that the rose was the symbol of the moments they had and a Christmas gift for her. Although she was feeling guilty, she took it with her when she went back to the mansion.

Calista sat on her bed and looked at the picture frame on the bedside table. It was a picture of her mom before dying from sickness. The image had a not-so-good quality but they did not have any options because it was not like they were rich to afford a formal picture at that time.

Sniffs could be heard in the quiet room. The tears were threatening to fall from her doll-like eyes. The feeling she had been getting every year. She became used to the cold air hugging her body while breaking down.

There's nothing new. Isa na namang pasko ang ipinagdidiwang niya mag-isa.

If only her mother was with her. If she would have to pick between wealth and her mother, she would certainly choose the latter.

Sawa na siya. Lagi na lamang siyang naiitsapuwera. Hindi niya kasalanang sampid siya sa pamilyang kasama niya ngayon. Hindi niya ginustong maging Rossault sa una pa lamang, pero wala na ang nanay niya, at wala siyang ibang pwedeng makapitan pansamantala kung hindi ang kaniyang ama.

Her mother instructed her to do anything she could do to survive. She must only trust and believe in herself. In this world, if you had nothing, you were done. Her mother was lucky, she had her body that led her to get some of the prominent men in the city including Carshon Rossault. Calista on the other hand, had her innocent face. No matter how evil she was, if she decided to use it properly then she would win.

Bago pa man malaglag ang luha ang isang mensahe ang natanggap niya galing kay Victoria. She rolled her eyes as she looked at it. A file was attached to the email, meaning another piece of information was sent. It would get her so-called friend another million from her.

She completely held the tears back, and a smirk was formed on her lips as she eyed the information Victoria gave her.

Looks like this holiday would be the last Christmas Ashanti could celebrate.

Office workers quietly doing their job at Vercetti Main Building. They were very cautious about their movements. It was a holiday yet all of the staff were in the building, trying not to make their Young Master mad.

They had no idea about what happened. They received an email from his secretary early in the morning. It was either they go to work or lose their contract.

Five workers got fired a while ago, only because of having minor corrections in their paperwork. Everyone knew that Vercetti was strict in this matter but that day was on another level. Obviously, their Young Master was in a bad mood, and putting their souls on the edge of his anger was the last thing they would want to do in their life.

Even Noah, who was outside of Giovanni's office, got a hard time deciding if he was going to knock or not. His Young Master was working since yesterday. He had not yet returned to Vercetti Mansion since he went to the building, and looked like he had no plan to go back for that day either.

He knew something was wrong. Giovanni even declined to answer Isabell's calls. She asked him why, but he also could not grasp the answer.

Hindi rin nagtagal ay napagdesisyunan niyang kumatok dahil sa hawak niyang teleponong kanina pa tumutunog. It was Isabell, and she said she would not give up until he answered the call.

Once he opened the door, the hairs on his skin rose as his eyes saw Giovanni, sitting on his swivel chair, looking straight at him. He was a mouse with a lion in one room.

He gulped and walked towards his Young Master. As he approached, he could notice more of the black shade under his eyes. Giovanni for sure had not gotten his sleep yet.

He put down the phone so as his head. "Princess is calling you for some time now. I think it's best if you answer the call-"

Giovanni then took and put it on his ear. Noah had relief when he went back to his area. Finally, his ears could rest now that his Young Master was talking to Isabell.

"What do you want?" Giovanni initiated the conversation while opening the drawer to get the cigarette he once bought. It was unusual because not even Noah saw him smoke before.

[Finally, you answered my call! Gio, what happened? Why are you avoiding me?]

"I'm not." He eyed the papers on his desk.

[You are! You didn't even bother to accompany me to the airport! Noah also told me about your bad temper these past few days!]

"Does that concern you?"

The silence reigned on the other line. Isabell was alarmed about what he asked. That was the first time she heard him asking her that kind of question. It was rude.

[What? Of course! I'll be the next Lady of Vercetti so your emotion matters to me!]

"You're so advanced. I never released my statement yet."

[So what? Your twenty-first birthday is getting near. Fine, I'll be the one to ask. Giovanni, make me the new Mrs. Vercetti. My family is anticipating it.]

Was that asking? More like she was giving him a command.

Ashanti popped into his mind. The scene he saw the other night still made him narrow his eyes and form a straight line on his lips. He should not believe what Calista said even though there was a strong chance that it was right. He regretted leaving that night.

But what could he do? He became emotionally driven. He did not want to admit it but he felt jealous that time. Jealous for what? He was clueless.

He saw the box of collana da donna in the corner. He would be exposed in the media months from that day. After that, the soon-to-be Mrs. Vercetti should also make her appearance.

[Gio, are you even listening?]

He came back to his senses. Before ending the call, he exited words that he knew, for sure, would make Isabell lose her mind.

"I don't want to disappoint you and the Revon, but the position isn't meant for you, Princess."

Christmas was finally over. Ashanti celebrated the holiday with no worries. She did not take a glance at Calista when she had a chance. She was not breaking the wall between them as step-sisters, but she only refused to have another toxic moment while waiting for the new year.

Next year na lang kami mag-away. I want to lessen the negativity in my life so it's better to just ignore her all the time.

She remembered the next year would be a roller coaster year for her. In the past, she was busy trying to rebut all Calista's schemes to her, but failed and became a disappointment for Rossault as days went by. She had not seen it coming, of course. She came to be blind when her emotions controlled her.

And that was what she was planning to change for next year. She would not ignore all Calista's attacks on her but would deal with it more suitably than the last time.

Because of that plan, she called Maeann to her room. The confident Ashanti asked her about the thing she asked her to buy before.

"Nung nakaraan ko pa iyon nabili at nagamit, Young Miss," Maeann answered. She gladly nodded, as she remembered eating another garbage dish last night. She was foreseeing it to happen. Now that Ashanti regained her position, Calista should be starting to have another plan to destroy her.

Did Calista think she would make a scandal in front of her parents? It was good but could be changed for the better. Good because if she was the older Ashanti, Calista would definitely succeed in her hideous plans, but sad to say that she would not fall for it anymore, unlike her pre-rebirth and post-rebirth.

She remembered herself shouting and treating Calista harshly when her dress got burned. Hindi pa siya natututo noon. Ngayon ay napapangisi na lamang siya sa kaniyang mga ginawa at binibigyan ng kapalagayang-loob ang sarili dahil alam niyang unti-unti nang lumalawak ang kaniyang pagiisip.

She and her friends then decided to go to Adlige Club. It had been a while since she last went to the place. Jaxon had his leave for the holiday so he would be joining them before going back to the camp the next day.

"Sorry I didn't have a chance to go to your debut, Kenny," Jaxon said while pushing a glass of margarita to her.

"No worries naman! My debut ay successful kahit na you didn't punta."

"Muntikan nang hindi maging successful," Gabi said then Trishza glanced at Cayser who widened his eyes and put down his glass.

"Nakarating naman ako!"

They talked about their life in the past few weeks.

Gabi was busy with her studies after the incident happened. She also told them hearing her parents discussing about the project with Rossault. They wanted them to design the project. Ashanti shrugged when her friends looked at her. She already predicted Clermont to hold the architectural design for the project since Giovanni hinted to her about it the last time they talked.

Cayser was still with Lana. Jaxon immediately teased him, telling him his friend already met his match. Nothing happened that much, that was what he said after. Ashanti wanted to bring up the fight that happened between him and Kennedy but looking at the two, it looked like they already resolved it and was only a friendly fight like before.

Kennedy planned to rest since her debut just ended, then proceeded to focus on her studies after. She thought she would have failing marks in the current semester, and just put aside the fashion first. In Friedrich's bloodline, most of the pure-blooded Friedrich tend to study business first then attend fashion design classes after graduating.

Trishza was still with Noah. Jaxon told them that Noah was from a prestigious family of one of the royal ancestry. The bloodline was rumored to be families that gods and goddesses favored. Since it occurred for a century now and the city got controlled by the Elite 3, the information about them began to vanish from people's minds.

Ashanti blinked her eyes many times. Was there a chance that Noah was a part of Governanti? Maybe she could ask him about it when they see each other again.

Jaxon still had years in the military camp. He told them that he met someone in the camp that caught his eyes. The woman was badass, as he described. They began to eye him teasingly. Sino ngayon ang nakakilala ng katapat?

"Baka lalaki 'yan, nako Jaxon magbago ka na."

"Damn you, she may be a woman but she would punch you when you say it in front of her face. Proven and tested."

They did not last for long. Jaxon still needed to rest before returning to the base. They took pictures first before going to their respective houses. Ashanti then went to her room and laid her back on the bed.

Her eyes then broadened and put her hands on her forehead because of sudden realization.

She did not ask Trishza about what Noah said.

She pouted her lips. That man was testing her patience once again. If he had to say something, just text and send it to her! What was the big deal?

Isabell threw a glass on the ground. The room was full of pink, and everyone who could see it would think it was owned by a teen. Well, she was not a teen anymore but she was acting like one at the moment.

Did Giovanni just say she would not be the next Lady of Vercetti? She threw another thing that her hand caught. It was a brand new sling bag, but she did not care. She was going to blow up any time.

She took her phone and was about to search Giovanni's contact number when she saw Calista's. Mabilis na nabaling ang kaniyang interes at ito ang tinawagan.

Just after two rings, she heard another voice on the line. It was lively, unlike what she was presently feeling.

[Bell, I'm so happy you called!] Calista greeted her. She went to the fluffy single chair and sat before saying anything.

[Let me speak first, I have something to tell you,] Isabell told her. Calista was the only person she could tell what happened. Calista on the other hand raised her brow.

Such a brat. Isabell did not even greet her back!

Of course, it was the great Calista, she decided not to say about it and just obeyed what she said, and that was to let the other woman speak.

[I'm feeling devastated! What did I even do? It was so sudden!]

She stood up to get a tea, not until Isabell continued what she was telling.

[Gio told me I won't be the one who he'll marry in the future! Can't you believe that?]

Her eyes enlarged and her lips parted. She eyed the screen of her phone then put it back beside her ear again.

"Giovanni told you that?"

[Do I need to repeat it? It already broke my heart the moment I heard it from his mouth. Then who'll he marry? I'm the only one who's been with him since young!]

While Isabell was panicking, Calista was having the opposite. She was calm -- ah no, more like excited about it. Her heart was jumping out of joy.

She knew it, her plan became successful when Giovanni went to check if she was telling the truth. That night, Victoria's minion sent her a photo of Kalen and Ashanti hugging. What a great situation that was! For sure Giovanni saw it.

And Ashanti's calm persona these past few days indicated that her sister did not want to anger their dad so she could tell them about the relationship they had.

She wanted to laugh wickedly at the moment but remembered that Isabell was still on the line.

"Maybe there's a woman that captured the heart of Giovanni Vercetti-"

[Impossible!] Isabell shouted.

She sighed. "Bell, sorry to burst your bubble, but it's not impossible. What can be another reason why he didn't choose you?"

[M-maybe, he's not yet ready to get married...] Isabell's voice became weaker.

Isabell was the same as Ashanti, that was what Calista had in her mind. Both expected something and never wanted another person to hold it except them. Madali lamang mabilog ang ulo nito.

"Silly. Didn't he say being Lady of Vercetti isn't for you? That means you do have a competitor on the list and she's the one who Giovanni picked."

And that was her. She gained his trust. She was the best to be the new Lady.

The other line went silent. After a couple of seconds, she heard something crashed. Her lips turned thinner. She had her smile while the other was having a hard time.

"Don't worry, Bell. I'll try to help you, okay?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.6K 1.3K 24
Shadow is a hidden princess who her father refuses to acknowledge because of the prophecy. She believes that if she obeys her father, the emperor, sh...
123K 6.3K 51
Andrea Castillo is an orphan who loves to cuss. Everyday is a cussing day for her and she loves it whenever she see how people's faces contorted upon...
21.9K 1.1K 22
• UPDATING • (Tagalog, English) Karylle's most beloved book is titled "The Love of Hannah", where the villainess Countess Karlilé Emery is such a cru...
130K 5.7K 61
Teenage Paranormal Detectives are a group of students that tackles different paranormal mysteries and entities while juggling their teenage everyday...