Between Two Worlds

By msheridamn

It's been 3 years since Luz went to the Boiling Isles. She got trapped in the human realm after the doorway b... More

Luz Alone
Remberances
The Owl House
Welcome to Hexside
Regrets
Amity
Seriously?
First Day
That's My Girl!
Author's Note
Chaos
What Next?
Pain
Memories
Shirts or Lack there of
Sacrifces
Balls and Bats
Boscha
Noceda
Grudgby
The Plan
The Heist Part 1
About the Author
The Heist Part 2
Broken
The Cabin
Mornings
What the hell is going on?
The Plan 2.0
Authors Note
The Ball
2 Hours
Save the Witch Part I
Save the Witch Part 2
Mother of Mine
Last Author's Note
River
Odalia
The Wedding

Beginnings

3K 82 26
By msheridamn

2 weeks later

Luz paced the floors of the owl house. After the months she had been in the boiling isles she had changed. Her dark brown hair had grown long enough so it could be pulled into an inch long ponytail at the base of her neck, she was slightly thinner and her skin was tougher, literally and figuratively, scars were scattered across her body and the once bright chocolate eyes had dimmed with tiredness. The cut along her face had closed and with the help of healing magic it had scarred.   Amity sat on Luz's bed propping her back against the head board, legs underneath Luz's deep blue duvet, reading by the soft glow of the lamp light which illuminated the dark room. The auburn hair witch peered up from her book, her eyes resting on Luz who was still in her day clothes.

"Luz, darling come to bed will you? You need rest." Luz stopped walking and sighed rubbing her temples. As she stepped over to the left side of the bed, when she peeled back the covers Amity slapped her hand away. "You are not getting into this bed wearing those stinky nasty clothes. Go change." Luz huffed stripping off her shirt and pants throwing them into the hamper that sat in them corner, leaving her in a black Calvin Klein sports bra and black boxer briefs with a white waist band.

"Better?" She asked slipping under the covers and resting her head on the pillow, looking up at Amity, who closed her book setting it on her nightstand and turning off the lamp. She shifted under the covers and rested her head on her own pillow, reaching over to gently pull the hair tie from Luz's hair and rolling it down Luz's wrist.

"I don't know how I'm going to do this Amity, I don't know if I can be emperor, take care of a child, I mean I've always wanted kids but I'm 18." Luz rolled onto her stomach and shoved her face into her pillow groaning loudly.

"Luz, you know you will always have me, Gus, Willow, Boscha, Eda, Lilith, King, Hootie, and now James. You have so many people who love you and will help you. All you have to do is rennet that, and don't be to proud to ask for our help Noceda." Luz pushed herself off her pillow and onto her side.

"You're right. I love you Ami. I think almost dying was about the worst it could get." She chuckled allowing herself to finally sink into the bed and let her eyes flutter shut.

"I know I'm right, I'm the brain in this
relationship." Amity turned over, scooting into Luz's warm embrace, "I love you too Luz." After that the two of them drifted peacefully into a deep sleep, not a wrinkle of worry on their faces.

~~~
The Fab Five, Eda, Lilith, and King all stood on a stage in front of a crowd of hundreds of people. Lights flashed at Luz who was standing in front of a podium, she could pick out Gus's dad who was talking in front of a camera. Luz drew a circle in the air and pointed a finger to her throat allowing the spell to amplify her voice. She cleared her throat drawing the attention of the bustling crowd causing the sound to cease. The piece of paper in Luz's hand was slightly crumpled, a small speech scribbled on it.

"L-ladies and gentlepeople...I..." Luz sighed, rubbing her temples and crushing the paper, shoving it into her pocket. Amity placed a hand in her shoulder and Luz smiled softly at her.

"Hello, my name is Luz Noceda. Many of you don't know who I am. But I come from the Human world, my mother is a human, and my father was a witch, he like all of you, was from the Boiling Isles." Whispers scattered through the crowd as Luz paused slightly, "Magic doesn't come easily to me as it does all of you, and I never wanted to be your emperor. But now that I am, I will do everything in my power to be fair to everyone. Starting with appointing the Emperors council who will help balance the power. Edalyn Clawthorne will be head of all 9 covens. Eda will represent the problems in the covens or between covens during meetings of the Emperor's council. Willow Park and Boscha Bates will be Peace Keepers, they will handle issues that involve the needs and issues of individuals, if you have any problems you should go to them. Lilith Clawthorne will represent school professors and students. Gus Porter will be the head of Media, he will announce and enact the needs the Emperor's council discusses. And Amity Blight will be the Emperor's deputy, my right hand, she will also be in charge of, as well as myself, human and witch relations." A hush fell over the crowd at Luz's last statement, a few whispers here and there before a few shouts of protest sounded.

"Emperor Noceda! Does that mean you will be opening the portal between the human and the demon realm once again?!" Someone shouted from the crowd. Luz tried not to get overwhelmed with the shouting from the crowd, but with a deep breath she calmed her sea of nerves.

"Yes, the portal to the Human and Demon realm will be open once again, but it is not as though you may think, I once stumbled upon the portal years ago, and only then will a human enter the demon realm. But those who do find the portal will be accepted because no matter what, everyone can practice magic." Luz knew that the new witch and human policy would anger people because in older traditions only witches could perform magic and humans were lesser than witches. The crowd was much more accepting than any of them had ever expected, Luz had thought the crowd would revolt or something but the rest of the event went rather smoothly. Luz had to sign a ton of documents that she had no intention of signing, in all honestly she blamed Belos, if he had never captured her she would have never had to kill Z and then she wouldn't have been the new emperor.

Luz sat back in a swivel chair that was seated behind a desk in a large office. The ceilings were very high and the bookshelves that lined the walls touched the floors and the ceiling. All of the books were about ancient witch magic or the human realm. Warm orange light glowed from a small lamp light on the ornate oak desk that was covered by papers Luz had been sorting through for the last two hours. She clamped two fingers down on the bridge of her nose letting her eyes flutter shut.  The sound of the large door to the office opening and shutting gently brought her attention to her girlfriend who was now making her way over to her.

"Heavy is the head that lies the crown." Amity says sitting on the edge of the desk next to Luz. She gazed upon her worry etched across her brow.

"Will this head doesn't really desire to have a crown sit on it. I thought before that I had a lot of weight on my shoulder but I underestimated. There are so many people who were wrongly imprisoned, and now I have to go through all of their files and see which ones are actually criminals and which ones aren't. And the coven system is so corrupt I'm going to have to flip the whole world upside down just to fix all of his mistakes and-" Amity cupped Luz's face, the pale complexion of her hand contrasting against Luz's smooth tan skin. She took small brown sideburns and twirled them between her fingers.

"Luz, you created the Emperor's Council for help. Let us help you. Boscha and Willow could deal with the prisoners and Lilith, Eda, and I will help you with fixing the structure of our society." Luz smiled and gently pulled Amity in for a kiss. The kiss was sweet and gentle at first, until Luz pulled Amity into her lap. The large door to the office opened and Amity and Luz pulled away from each other quickly, their eyes glued to the floor a deep blush creeping up Amity's face. A guard appeared in tho door way, they kneeled putting a fist to their chest.

"Emperor Noceda. Eda and Lilith Clawthorne are here to see you." The guard announced standing up. Luz took in a breath and regained her composure.

"Of course send them in. And please Hazel, just Luz from now on ok?" Hazel nodded opening the second door for Eda and Lilith to make their way through. Amity shifted behind Luz's desk chair placing a hand on the top of the brown leather executive chair leaning against the side of it. Eda strutted in sitting in a chair that was placed infringe of the desk.

"What are you two married now?" Eda asked referring to the position the two of them were in. Luz felt Amity shift at Eda's comment. Lilith sat down next to her and Luz crossed her arms cocking an eyebrow.

"Is everything alright?" Luz asked.

"Yes well, no, well yes, no? Maybe?" Eda sputtered out, Luz found her lack of ability to give a straight answer suspicious.

"What my sister means to say is that the portal is ready for you, Emperor Noceda." Luz stood up and took Amity's hand as the four of them walked down the hallway. Guards kneeled to her left and right as a few of them whispered "emperor". Boscha, Willow, Gus, and King were waiting for them at the portal which Luz had expected to look different. A stone arch stood in a beautiful garden where a white luminous liquid looking shake filled the archway, the stone had moss and flowers growing from in between the stone bricks. Once her friends made their eyes on the four of them they all rushed to them. Luz awkwardly hugged Boscha for what seemed like the first time, ever.

"Take care human, and come back in one piece, I'd never hear the end of it from Willow." Boscha said patting her on the shoulder.

"I love you two, stay safe while I'm gone, you're the only sane ones in the group, so try to keep the Boiling Isles the Boiling Isles for me. We've all got enough on our plates." She laughed out hugging Gus and Willow tightly before moving onto Lilith. She shook her hand and Lilith exchanged words of praise allowing her to finally red on Eda and King.

"When will you be back?" King whined clinging onto her leg. Luz chuckled picking him up and snuggling him.

"Soon King. I promise." She set him down. Eda quickly pulled Luz into a hug. It was tight, just how Luz liked it, she enjoyed pressure when being hugged, but Eda wouldn't let go, finally when Luz was able to pry herself away from Eda's arms she noticed tears in her eyes.

"Eda, I'll be back ok?" Eda rolled her eyes trying to hide the tears that were obviously threatening to spill down her cheeks.

"That's what you said last time, and then you came back 3 years later." She cast a glare at Amity who was standing beside Luz, she had already thrown her black and deep magenta robe over her shoulders and was holding Luz's witches robe. "You better make sure she gets back Little Miss Perfect. Or it'll be your head." Amity nodded a nervous smile painting her lips. Amity clasped Luz's robe around her neck and stood next to her as they looked out into the portal. They intertwined their fingers together and with one last look at the people behind her the two of them took a step into the portal. The world flashed white before they found themselves standing in a forest. The trees towered over them, Luz was surprised to see that the portal had spit them out in the woods rather than the waterfall where she had originally found it many months ago. Amity was looking around the world in awe, her pointed ears were slightly perked listening to all the new sounds. Luz's nostrils flared at the pungent smell of her world compared to the sweet smell of the boiling isles.

"Come on Ami, we need to go." She said pulling Amity along with her. It took them around an hour to find themselves out of the woods.

"Your world is so...loud..." Amity stated as she was still taking in the sights, sounds, and smells. They found themselves on a sidewalk and every time a car would speed by it would startle Amity. "What are those loud metal things?" Amity asked Luz chuckled at Amity's lack of knowledge. She found it cute that she would get to teach amity everything about her world just like how Amity taught Luz about the boiling isles.

"They're cars, they're sorta like witches staffs I would say, they're how humans get from place to place." Luz stated as she stopped looking at the familiar street sign that indicated they were only a few miles away, she knew it would be dark by the time they got there, but that didn't bother her. It was different being back in her world, she has wondered if this is what astronauts feel like when they get back down to earth. Luz stopped at the end of the street. Looking down to where the street cul-de-sacs, she sighed nervously before continuing on down to the end of the street. Once they found the light blue house they walked up to the door and Luz knocked gently on it twice, before stepping back next to Amity, waiting for a reply. The door rattled as someone unlocked it.

"Jason I told you to le-" The door opened and there stood Camilla Noceda, wide eyed and slacked jaw. Luz smiled slightly.

"Hola, Mami...."

This chapter makes no sense. And I'm the writer.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.3K 269 11
What do you do when your biggest secret is exposed and you lose everything? Luz and Amity are in a secret romantic relationship that no one knows abo...
9.7K 232 38
I always had scuffles and went against the law but one day while fighting my worst enemys nephew it all went black Now I have to live here I don't kn...
42.1K 980 17
2 years have passed since Amity last saw Luz. Even though she didn't expect to see Luz ever again her feelings for the human girl never changed. The...
21.6K 773 21
With a great life now in the Boiling Isles Luz finally returns to the human realm again. Promising Amity that she would come back. But when the day c...