Better Together

By soleOnyx

|Steven x Male reader| This story follows Y/n, a young boy. His mother had given up her physical form to give... More

Prologue
A new life
The Breaking and Formation of Bonds
When It Rains
Too Far
Steven's Birthday
The Whispers In My Head
Message Received
Gem Drill
Mr. Greg
A blossomed Endearment
Gem Hunt
Crack The Whip
Bismuth
Ease Of Winds
Pride Month Special
Above The Earth's Sky
A Mission For 2
Mindful Education
A Busy November
Galactic Retrieval
Storm In The Room
The Quest For Destiny
Onyx's Truth
Goodbye...Friend
Invasion
Wanted
Gemcation
It Feels Like Christmas
Can't Go Back
A Single Pale Rose
Now We're Only Falling Apart
With Ruby As The Goal
Made Of Honor
Reunited
Sacrifice and Beyond
Diving Into New Territory
Homeworld Struggles
Change Your Mind
Breath Of Life

Steven's Dream

798 23 6
By soleOnyx

Steven POV

I think I'm in the middle of a dream. There's a field of pink flowers scattered all around me.

"Steven? Steven?" Greg said, trying to wake me up. I was still in my dream so I couldn't hear him. "Can you try waking him up?" Greg asked. "Yeah, I'll give it a go." Y/n replied. Y/n crawled over and sat down next to me. "Steven, can you wake up for me?" He whispered into my ear, rubbing my head. I slowly sat up, feeling the tears on my face.

"Hey there bud, you alright?" Greg asked me. "Yeah, I'm fine. I'm not sure why I was crying, my dream wasn't sad." I replied. "Oh man, look at the time. I think we better get you home." Greg said. "Don't worry Greg, I'll take him back." Y/n said. "See you later dad." I said, giving him a hug. He hugged me back, and Y/n and I proceeded to walk home. We got inside and headed straight for bed. As I fell asleep, I noticed I ended up back in the same field of flowers.

"Huh, I'm here again...guess I can look around." I said, wandering through the field. After a bit of exploration, I stumbled across some kind of pink statue? It was all torn and broken with vines growing on it. "Woah...what is this place?" I thought to myself. I suddenly woke back up, feeling the tears on my face once again. "Are you feeling okay, honey? You know you can talk to me." Y/n said, sitting up.

"Yeah, I promise I am. I just keep having this weird dream and it's making me tear up. It's not even sad though." I said. "Weird dream? Like what?" Y/n asked. "I'm in this field of pink flowers and there's this odd pink statue that's all torn and broken. Once I go near it, I just wake up with tears falling down." I replied. Y/n thought for a minute, but couldn't think of why this would be happening.

"I don't really know why you would be having dreams like this. Maybe you're just stressed out?" Y/n said. "I don't know, it's just bizarre." I replied. Y/n patted the bed and motioned for me to sit between his legs. "Hm?" I asked, crawling over to him. "I heard this helps relax people, so maybe it'll help you." Y/n said, leaning my head against his chest and rubbing it. It was pretty calming to say the least, and I ended up drifting to sleep right in his arms. The next morning when I woke up, I decided to call Connie and tell her about the dream I've been having. She came to the temple with Buddy's book in her hand.

"Sorry, I'll clean that up later!" Connie exclaimed, swooshing a bunch of papers out of the way. She put the book down and flipped through some of the pages. "When you told me about your dream, I thought I recognized something." She said, landing on a page with the same pink statue. "That's it! The palan-qwin" I said, reading the name of the object.

"Actually Steven, it's pronounced Palanquin." Y/n corrected. We heard the warp pad meaning that the gems were returning home. "It's the gems! They gotta know about this thing." I said, rushing over to the warp pad. "Yo Steven." Amethyst said. "Hey, do you know anything about this thing?" I asked, showing her the page. "Steven, you deserve to know the truth, and the truth is...I have no idea, I've never seen that thing in my life." Amethyst replied.

"Ahem, allow me." Pearl stated. She looked through the page before awkwardly giving an answer. "Well...it appears to be some sort of illustration in some kind of book." Pearl said. "C'mon, you know what I mean. I had a dream where I saw this thing and we were wondering-" I started to say. "You can't go there!" Garnet said out of nowhere. "Why not?" I asked. Garnet and Pearl just looked at each other nervously.

"I thought you guys were going to tell me everything from now on. Does this have something to do with Pink Diamond? I already know that mom shattered her, so why is it that you can't tell me?" I asked. Pearl covered her mouth as if she was afraid to say anything. "Steven, please, you're making Pearl very upset." Garnet said.
"NO, I'm very upset!" I yelled. "We're not going, Rose never wanted you to see this place." Garnet said. "I DON'T CARE, I WANT TO GO THERE NOW!" I shouted. "Steven, enough!" Garnet replied. "I'm sorry...I really shouldn't have brought the book." Connie said. "Yes you should have brought it! It's lucky that something has some information THAT I DON'T HAVE TO GET OUT OF THEM!" I said. Everyone went wide-eyed by the sudden change in atmosphere.

"Steven...this isn't like you, honey." Y/n said. I just sighed and turned to Connie. "Connie, I'm gonna need to borrow this book." I said. "Okay, be careful. I gotta return it in a week." She replied. I then stormed off, reading the book. "W-wait, Steven!" Y/n said, going after me. I sat outside on the stairs trying to figure out what this was, while Y/n slowly sat down beside me.

"Steven, don't go. You need to trust me." Garnet said. "I don't get it, Garnet. You're usually honest with me." I said. "I want to be honest with you, but if I am, then you'll only want to go more." She replied. "Well now I really want to go more." I yelled. "I shouldn't have said that...you can't go because I can't go with you." Garnet said.

"Why?" I asked. Garnet didn't say anything and I pressured her into telling me. "Garnet, why not?" I said. "I'm scared...I-i can't get near her." She mumbled. "Ah! Her, her who?" I exclaimed. "Shoot, I've made it more interesting. Steven, please just stay here. For me." Garnet said, taking off her visor. "...I won't." I replied. Y/n then put his arm around me.

"I'm going now Y/n, are you coming?" I asked. "Of course I am! But you're gonna need to calm down. When you're unhappy, it makes me unhappy. I just wanna see that little smile I love." Y/n replied. "Yeah, I promise." I smiled, giving him a kiss. We walked over to my dad in hopes of him being able to help us. "Dad, we need your help." I said.

"Uh, is everything okay-" Greg started to say. "There's this place I keep seeing in my dreams and it's real. The gems won't show me it, but I think it's got something to do with Pink Diamond. I know you don't wanna get involved with all of mom's past, but I really need to know. Can you help us?" I said. "Of course I'll help you! And the gems won't take you?" Greg asked. "No." Y/n said.

"Well, I know someone who will." Greg replied.

Y/n POV

When Greg said he knew someone who could take us, I was pretty curious since Greg never spoke much about other people he met. That's when I realized how much of an idiot I am, and that he's talking about Andy.

"Alright, we'll see you in a little bit!" Greg said, hanging up the phone. "Andy should be here in a little bit.". We sat in the van for a bit as we waited for Andy to arrive. "So, how has guitar practice been going for you, Y/n?" Greg asked. "Oh, it's been pretty good actually! I'm starting to get a lot better at it." I replied. My stomach started growling as I haven't eaten at all today.

"What's wrong Y/n? Got another tummy ache?" Steven asked me. "No, I'm just really really hungry." I said, salivating at the thought of a hot meal. "Well, there might be some kind of restaurant along the way once we land." Greg said. I nodded and after a few minutes, Andy showed up in his plane. There wasn't a whole lot of room in the plane so I had to sit on Steven's lap since I was just a tad bit smaller. "So, the Universe's are going to Korea?" Andy asked. "Thanks so much for the ride, Uncle Andy!" Steven exclaimed.

"Well, it's like they say. Family helps family find...mysterious artifacts?" Andy replied. "This is going to be a serious job, no fun at all." Steven said. "Not even time for a little fun? We might not ever get to go back to Korea." I said. "We can probably spare enough time to do some sight-seeing and find what you're looking for, Steven." Greg said. "Hmm...I guess that's okay then." Steven replied. Once we landed, we thanked Andy for flying us and started to look around. There was thankfully a restaurant and we got to sit down and eat some food. All 3 of us ordered ramen since we were curious what real ramen tasted like.

"Mmm, so good!" I said, stuffing my face full of noodles. "Yeah, this is delicious!" Steven said, star-eyed. After we finished eating, we paid the bill and continued looking around. We came across a clothing store and started trying on some Korean clothes. Greg ended up buying some type of outfit, while Steven and I got matching shirts that translated to "Cutest Couple". We finished sight-seeing and got on a bus to take us to the location in the book. The bus driver announced that the next stop, which is ours, would take another 30 minutes.

"Welp, I guess it can't be helped." Greg said. "Regardless of how long it is, we're getting there." Steven said, determined. "30 minutes isn't too long anway." I said with a small yawn. Steven patted his shoulder for me to lean on it, so I just put my head down and went to sleep for a little bit. "Alright, this is our stop!" Steven exclaimed. "I'll get Y/n." Greg said, picking me up as I just slept through this whole thing. We got out of the bus and set out to find this statue.

"Aww, he's like a baby." Steven cooed, watching me sleep in Greg's arms. "Heh, he sure is. I'll wake him up." Greg said. "No need, I'm up!" I said, jumping out of his arms. We followed the path along this mountainside before coming to a giant fence. "C'mon, help me scale this fence." Steven said. "Oh geez..." Greg replied, having trouble getting over it. Steven and I hopped it with ease, while Greg had a little trouble. "I can't jump fences like I used to." Greg said, out of breath. "Dad, look!" Steven yelled, pointing to a blue palanquin.

"Hang on, this one is blue? I thought you said the one in your dream is pink." I said. "It was! And it was all broken down, b-but this is in perfect condition..." Steven replied. "Woah...do you feel that too?" I asked.

"Yeah, something's here. And it's dangerous." Osiris replied.

We heard the voice of what sounded like someone else crying. When we peeked through the bush, we saw Blue Diamond crying in front of a pink palanquin. "Do you guys know her?" Greg asked. Steven then started to collapse with tears rapidly falling down his face. I then started feeling tears roll down my face. "Are you both okay?" Greg said, wondering what was going on. "My dream...I was looking through her eyes. I was crying her tears!" Steven said.

"W-why am I crying? Does this have something to do with gems?" I asked, trying to wipe the tears away. There was another blue gem that was standing next to Blue Diamond that came over to the bush we were near. "Pearl, what are you doing?" Blue Diamond asked. "I thought I heard someone." She replied. None of us knew what to do, but Greg had an idea.

"Don't worry, I'll handle this." Greg said. He popped out of the bush, startling the blue gem. "Uh, hi there! Nice day we're having? Didn't see ya there..." Greg said, awkwardly. "Pearl?" Blue Diamond asked. "My diamond, I've found a native." Blue Pearl said. "Oh, I'm from here alright." Greg said with a bow. "Bring it here." She replied. "Dad, no!" Steven whispered as Greg walked closer. "He's gonna get himself killed...!" I mumbled.

"Interesting, I'm impressed by a human's ability to survive in the wild. What an odd planet. And yet, where else would a fragile being live while a powerful being perishes? This is it...this is where she was broken." Blue Diamond said. "Were you close?" Greg asked. "...Very." She vaguely replied. "I'm sorry. I know how hard it is to move on when you've lost someone." Greg said. "You do?" Blue Diamond asked.

"I lost someone who was very important to me, too. And I miss her every single day, but I know she's never coming back. That feeling can be so hard to accept sometimes." Greg replied. "I'm surprised that a human is capable of understanding how I feel. It's really a shame, there's a geo-weapon incubating in your planet that's going to destroy everything. But you don't deserve that, do you?" She said.

"A geo-weapon, huh?" Greg asked. "Y'know, I really shouldn't be here. But I'm glad I came back, I can still save one piece of her legacy." Blue Diamond said, picking up Greg. "Dad!" Steven yelled. Blue Diamond raised her big hand ship up, and got on board while holding Greg in her hand. "Shoot, c'mon!" I said, grabbing Steven's hand and rushing towards the ship. It was already suspended in the air, so Steven used his powers to jump really high up.

"STOP!" Steven yelled trying to reach the ship. It was just out of our range, but the ship then took off flying the second we were about to make it. "Dad..." Steven said. "GREG!" I shouted, falling back to the ground with Steven. Out of nowhere, Garnet appeared and caught us before we hit the ground. "Steven, Y/n, I'm so s-sorry!" Garnet said. "Garnet!" Steven yelled in surprise.

"I saw you come here, I s-saw Blue Diamond on Earth and I saw her see me and find all of us. I couldn't be here with you!" She said. "She took my dad! I-i should have listened to you!" Steven said. "Garnet, what are we gonna do?!" I asked. "We're going to space, we're gonna get him back." Garnet replied. "But how are we gonna get to space? They've gone somewhere far away and we don't have a ship- wait a minute...you aren't suggesting?" I said. "We can have Peridot repair the Ruby's ship, it's our best bet of getting to space." Garnet said. "Then we have to get back quickly, there's no time to lose!" Steven said. Garnet carried us as she ran back home as fast as possible. I looked over to see Steven quietly sobbing to himself.

"He's gonna be alright, Honey. I promise you we're gonna get him back." I said, rubbing his back. "B-but I'm scared, Y/n. We don't know where he is, what if we can't find him?" Steven said, crying onto my shoulder. "Then we won't stop until we find him, I promise he's gonna be alright." I replied, doing my best to comfort him. "Okay, I trust you." Steven sniffled. I put his head on mine and gave him the tightest hug ever as we waited for Garnet to take us home.

"We're coming, Greg...just hang in there." I thought to myself. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.6K 891 37
a sweet and dramatic story about how Peridot and Lapis came together and became close. Peridot not having many friends, is a nerd, rich, awkward, and...
135K 4.4K 59
(AU where Steven doesn't move out and stays in Beach City after Steven Universe Future) You've lived in Beach City all your life. For 17 years you'v...
21K 366 16
A half gem hybrid arrives in beach city
6.2K 134 15
Second Lapidot Book because why not? Have fun :3! (Warning) Suicide, bad language, depression and maybe some nsfw? Idk if that's important. Sorry fo...