UNION'S VALKYRIE, bucky bar...

By dorkiest_nerd

" i spent all of the love i've saved " a world ravaged by an evil war, and a kind love in between tampered wi... More

graphics gallery
0.0 ─ hannah rogers
ACT I... THE FIRST DANCE AND THE LAST
i.1 ─ the chance
i.2 ─ brains over brawn

UNION'S VALKYRIE

913 41 294
By dorkiest_nerd

gif by tzar-of-torture "

fingers intertwined together
keep them in their focus
for war ravages around them
and the cycle of death repeats
fingers intertwined together
keep their love alive
and hope for the future breathes
even as lives lost surround

SOFT BEEPS FROM VARIOUS MACHINES SURROUND a blonde woman who looks so small in the hospital bed. One of the machines tracks her heartbeat as it flutters unevenly on the screen and a nurse's words echo in his mind. "Her condition still hasn't stabled, sir." Piercing daggers carve niches into his aching heart, it physically pains him to see her so helpless. Absolutely nothing like the unstoppable warrior with the open heart that he once knew. He's been sitting by her side for days now, and there has only been small changes that the doctors and nurses assure him are signs of recovery. Her skin is pale and her lips and cheeks light pink, but better than the frigid purple and icy blue that they had been colored. "She's fighting real hard to come back, sir. It's almost like she knows you're waiting."

Thin lashes flutter against pale pink cheeks as the blonde opens her watery blue eyes for the first time in years. His head is in his hands, his own headache growing as sleep deprivation and anxiety begin to take root, and he doesn't see the woman wake. Panicked blue orbs widen as she examines the clean room. Off white walls blank of anything, and the only light source bright and glaring from above. Too clean tiles and the drowning smell of bleach and medical equipment promises to smother her into nothing. But as her eyes land on the gray haired man in the chair by her bed she releases a relieved breath and peace fills her chest.

"Well it looks like you got old," she laughs lightly, a shaking hand pulling away the tubes that had previously been helping her breathe in her regular reckless fashion. Her voice is hoarse and low, but the warmth in her laugh now that is the person he remembers.

"Hannah?" His head shoots upwards, snapping with a crick in his hurry.

"Hello Daniel," she squeezes his hands and she looks into his crinkled eyes, seeing exactly what has become of her aged friend. The cold embrace of metal meeting skin causes her eyes to lock onto the shiny, golden band on his ring finger and her smile grows because she knows who he shares it with. Hannah knows that she missed so much in their lives, and that feeling in her gut is her own never ending pool of regret and waterfall of rushing guilt. Hopefully though, her sacrifices and theirs were well worth it.

"Wish I was around for the wedding. Daniel... ," Hannah pauses, her eyes closing on a shaking breath, "is he here?"

A heavy sigh fills the tense silence that follows her words, and her heart drops into the pit of her stomach.

"Hannah, I'm so sorry," and despair fills her soul in that instant. Dread and fear fighting to swallow her into that bottomless pit of loneliness that threatened to take her years ago.

"Your cyro chamber, it broke somehow and we couldn't find a way to fix it that wouldn't harm you," Daniel explains watching her glazing eyes, he saw her truly slip away back then, and he made a promise to himself to help her keep from slipping that far ever again.

"Why not ask Howard to-"

"Stark... Howard died almost seventeen years ago. The plans for the chamber were destroyed after you went under so that no one else could even know about this kind of life halting technology. But Hannah," Sousa squeezes her hands, all his protectiveness taking to the surface even after all these years, "Peggy, SHIELD, Howard, no one stopped looking for either of them."

Words of comfort and the earth from his hands over her own do nothing to barricade her heart from the overwhelming sadness that rains into her. Shadows of a long time ago echo in her ears as the dark pours into the edges of her vision. Panic takes its grip around her heart, pulling every string as her fears direct. Thin trails of salt leak from her hazy, watering blue eyes that don't quite look like she's still there with him. Her emotions slowly became like ripples in a pond, only interrupted when new ripples of sadness and anger bloom. Or like that of an orchestra, each emotion playing loudly in her soul and violent colors fly as though music rising ever louder inside and threatening to blow the world to pieces. For she has felt like a ticking bomb for so very long now.

However, Daniel and Peggy Carter-Sousa do not allow Hannah Rogers to wallow for too long, and they don't leave her to wallow by herself either. The chamber created for her so long ago forced them to bring her out of cyro in 2008, and left Hannah an eighty-eight year old in her twenty-three year old body. Quickly bringing Hannah straight into their home, she was surrounded and loved by the Carter-Sousa family that consisted of a house full of kids, in-laws, grandchildren, and more.

All of her friends are old or gone now, but she still takes the time to find the ones still going and say hello one more time. Even when Peggy and Daniel's youngest child, a sixteen year old girl (who wasn't exactly planned) on her way to becoming a SHIELD prodigy, came home to meet her namesake, Hannah finds herself in a situation she never imagined being placed in. Her friends are fading away. Peggy had had to retire from working for SHIELD, now confined to a wheelchair and the early stages of dementia beginning to cloud her head. Daniel was also confined to a wheelchair, his bum leg completely useless after almost ninety years of life and cancer knocking his time on earth to a smaller number.

They did so much for her in the time that they still had. It never did matter if it was figuring out new technology or getting into the SHIELD academy, they were there for her. Agent Hannah Rogers soon began to climb the ranks of SHIELD. A SHIELD-given college degree now under her belt and technology becoming easier for her to understand every day. Her depression slowly fads into the back of her mind as the years pass by, missions, classes, and reports filling her time instead of wallowing in the loss of her brother, best friend, and everyone she left behind in the forties. Even when the shadows stalk her dreams the night of Daniel's funeral a year after leaving the cyro chamber, Hannah strives strong in her life. After all, she's still watching over her underage goddaughter.

Losing Daniel sparks more than motivation and resilience in Hannah, it drags memories she forced away back to her surface. Memories like hazy dreams, full of laughter and fright. Full of love and warm hugs that never seem to end. Full of dresses and dances, and smiles she didn't think she could survive without.

Except it is a little too late in Hannah Roger's life to learn how to let time pass and how to let people go. . .

the cast

CAPTAIN HANNAH GRACE ROGERS
soldier ── sister ── best friend

portrayed by skyler samuels
aka ── lady harmony, agent bell
THE UNION VALKYRIE

also starring

James Bucky Barnes... David Castañeda
the protector

Captain Steve Rogers... Chris Evans
the idiot

Agent Peggy Carter... Felicity Jones
the soldier

Agent Daniel Sousa... Enver Gjokaj
the heart

featuring, all as described

dr. abraham erskine
edwin jarvis
howard stark
colonel chester phillips
dum dum dugan ( aka ── dummy )
jim morita ( aka ── jimmy )
james montgomery falsworth ( aka──jackie )
gabriel jones ( aka ── gabe )
jacques dernier ( aka ── frenchie )
pinky pinkerton ( aka ── pinks )
junior juniper ( aka ── johnny )
happy sam sawyer ( aka ── haps )

author's note

hello and welcome to everyone reading union's valkyrie, whether it's your second, third, or first time reading. this book and the series it takes place in has been under several rewrites and tons of construction. however I am finally happy with what I have created, and I'm excited to share it with all of you.

I took my time creating the plot choosing what parts to expand and use, as well as rewrite. Union's Valkyrie starts off an alternate marvel universe of my own creation. several characters not only going to be recasted, but also rewritten. endings and plots will be changed and as a fanfiction author it is my full right to do so.

Bucky will receive more "screen time" in this fic than he does in the movie (and much more than what he gets in Agent Carter). not only that but the Howling Commandos are actually going to get to play larger roles in this book and their relationships with Hannah will be real (as well as her relationships with Dr. Erskine and Howard Stark).

TIMELINE ── the FLOCCI NON FACIO series is based in an alternated timeline, as many plot points and characters are changed during events throughout the series. in this fic, the most notably changes will be that Steve joins the army earlier on in the war because of the details and plot points I have created to fit during each mission and battle. another large difference from the marvel universe we see on screen is that Carter-Sousa is pure canon. therefore the FLOCCI NON FACIO SERIES, is an au and I own my own plot lines and diverges from the canon timeline.

( fyi ── I will not be taking criticism on my timeline and/or the changes I make. In this book Carter-Sousa is canon )

THE CAST ── unfortunately the mcu cast is incredibly problematic. so welcome to a very recasted or floating casted mcu!! even as the series continues, you'll see more recasts that will lead to au plotlines!!

GRAPHICS ── amazing story gif made
by tzar-of-torture
moodboard and manip by me <3

DISCLAIMER ── the mcu is owned by Disney, Marvel Studios, Stan Lee, and other significant creators and writers, so all familiar characters, plot, and dialogue belongs to their respective owners. HOWEVER ── Hannah Rogers is strictly mine, as well as quite a majority of the plot, dialogue, and character arcs in this book as it is an AU. DO NOT STEAL MY WORK

WARNINGS ── this book will include mature themes such as: war, murder, killing, misc weapons, a variety of mental illnesses ( depression, anxiety, ptsd ), foul language, general violence, made up science, death, angst, and romantic scenes to a certain extent. There are some m*soginist remarks / "jokes" because of the real world timeline this takes place in.

the FLOCCI NON FACIO series is a very very very long series that is most definitely still in the works!! there are so many ocs and hopefully cameos as well as multiple ties as characters jump from their regular scenes to others!!

UNION'S VALKYRIE
book one
( cpt. america, first avenger — agent carter )
bucky barnes x hannah rogers

BOUND BY DEBT
book two
( captain marvel — the marvels )
carol danvers x delmira of thanos

HEART OF IRONY
book three
( pre-iron man i — iron man iii )
tony stark x sara morse

OUTCAST'S CHAINS
book four
( thor — thor ragnorak )
loki odinson x estrid revondottir

FLOCCI NON FACIO
book five
( the avengers + cpt. america, winter soldier )
steve rogers x dr. marabella carson
sam wilson x lai yikao
hannah rogers x bucky barnes

dedications

hecatespells girlofstarlight moonqlow  -sanascribbles  princesscamillia13  Winter326  -voidhex  darthvvderr  -crrashingwavves  -rosepetal  RuffieRoseStories Phxntom-Spider   -lxcifer PinkFeminist16 Kolinda007  @-Mad-Maxx @ScarletQuakeWitch

and to everyone else reading this who loves marvel as much as I do!! welcome to the FLOCCI NON FACIO series, book one, UNION'S VALKYRIE!! I hope you enjoy it!!

started ── March 3rd, 2021
rough draft ── written in 2019-2020
ended ── tbd

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.5K 1.2K 27
𝐋𝐔𝐂𝐘 Barnes is a ghost to the new age. After losing her in the year 1950, Bucky Barnes lost himself. He was forced into a life of killing and tor...
100K 3.2K 34
Once a street rat, now a part of the Special Operations Executive as an agent, Willow's life is different from the one she imagined. Instead of wasti...
40.5K 1.2K 44
❝ what, you can't handle the ideological aspect of sex? get over yourself, I know you want to f- ❞ ❝ lila. ❞ ❝ -uck me? ❞ 「"if you love someone or s...
49.6K 1.3K 41
You, a scientist for the SSR, fell in love with a certain Sergeant when you danced one night at the bar. When you both were thrust into the modern wo...