Less Than My Specβœ”οΈŽ

By nma_writes

What is your spec? I mean those qualities you desire your future partner to possess? Definitely not being way... More

✨ Author's note✨
✨Cast✨
🌠Prologue🌠
✨1✨
🌠2🌠
✨3✨
✨4✨
🌠5🌠
✨6✨
🌠7🌠
✨8✨
🌠9🌠
✨10✨
🌠11🌠
✨12✨
🌟13🌟(SPECIAL CHAPTER)
🌠14🌠
🌠16🌠
✨17✨
🌠18🌠
✨19✨
🌠20🌠
✨21✨
🌠22🌠
✨23✨
🌠24🌠
✨25✨
🌟26🌟
✨27✨
🌟28🌟
✨29✨
🌟30🌟
🌠31🌠
✨Epilogue 1✨
✨ Epilogue 2✨
APPRECIATION
PLEASE DON'T IGNORE
βœ¨πŸ’™βœ¨πŸ’ž

✨15✨

289 67 26
By nma_writes

Dedicated to another great author Winnieflex
Her books are really nice, you should definitely check it out ❤️☺️

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
No one actually
cares.
~Anonymous
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

~𝙰𝚓𝚊𝚢~

I stayed in my house all through the weekend, drinking my life away. Trust me, there are some moments when alcohol doesn't really help you forget your worries. And I was in that moment. Totally shattered and depressed. No matter how much I tried to accept my fate, I couldn't. Obinna was literally my life, my hope, my future. And to think that he did not even called to explain or say anything even later in the evening of that very day meant that he never cared. I waited for him to call and at least explain to me, or even say anything, even if they were lies. It was at least better than keeping me in the dark.

Zara was with me through out the weekend, crying with me and trying her best to keep me busy. But that Monday morning she had to go to work and I was left all alone at home. I tried not to think about it but the continuous pain that waved through my chest every now and then wasn't helping matters. I began wallowing in self pity and regret.

'I told you not to trust him.' I heard my subconscious say. This literally drove me insane and I had to take something- something stronger before I loose my sanity. I went to my mini bar and picked a bottle of whiskey. I popped it open and a small smile graced my lips as soon as I took in the strong scent. Without bothering to get a glass, I gulped almost half of the bottle's content into my mouth in a blink. My vision became blurred instantly. Every image I saw had a replica of itself just beside me and that made me laugh hysterically. I walked further into the sitting room, staggering with each step- the alcohol already had every of my body cell submit in allegiance.

"Why are you...., Two?" I slurred, laughing at the picture frame hung in my living room. It was a picture of Obinna. Even in my drunken state, I could feel my heart shatter. I felt totally numb.

"You idiot! Why did you have to do that to me?" I cried, still pointing at the picture that appeared double due to the alcohol intoxication. "Why me? Where did I go wrong? I gave you everything- my life, my heart, MY LOVE!" I said as the tears continued to freely flow down my cheeks. My chest suddenly felt very tight and constricted. I tried sucking in breath, but my lungs failed me at that moment. I felt very dizzy as a large sharp pain coursed through my head. I staggered back a little and fell straight to the floor, the shattering of the whiskey bottle in my hands following suit. I let a lone tear escape my eyes;

"Obinna, why?" Was the last thing I said before darkness completely enveloped me.

*******
THIRD PERSON'S POV

Fejiro was cleaning Ajay's compound when he heard the sound of glass shattering completely on the floor. He thought hard wether he was supposed to go in and check or just mind his business. After his last encounter with Ajay, he had been avoiding her totally. He was so embarrassed. He knew she was back from her trip but he didn't bother checking on her or even greeting her 'welcome'.

After some minutes of contemplation, he decided to take a peek through the window. He noticed the scattered broken bottle pieces lying carelessly around the living room and hissed.

"This a.aunty no even fit clean this one up." He mumbled in annoyance, going in to clean up the mess. Pushing the door, he came face to face with Ajay's body sprawled lifeless on the floor.

"Jesus Christ!" He exclaimed in fret, rushing over to Ajay. He called her and tapped her severally but there was no response from her. He totally lost his mind, confused on what to do. He paced up and down, whispering prayers to God to help him out. Sighting her car keys on the dinning table, he grab it and went over to pick Ajay up from the floor. He carried her into the car and zommed off to the hospital.

*

The strong smell of antiseptic hit Ajay as soon as she woke up. She scrunched her nose in disgust. She had always hated that particular smell since she was a child. She blinked her eyes continuously, trying to figure out where she was. She noticed the needle that connected a plastic bag of water-like substance to the back of her palm.

'I'm at the hospital.' she sighed.

She tried sitting up when a terrible headache hit her hard. She groaned loudly in pain. That was enough to wake Fejiro up from his slumber.

"A.aunty, are you o.o.okay?" Fejiro asked, holding her hands and checking her body for whatsoever was making her groan in pain.

Like he could see it with his bare eyes...!

Ajay, rather surprised, stared at worried sick Fejiro seriously checking for what might have hurt her. Her heart melted at that.

"Calm down, I'm fine." Ajay smiled and Fejiro relaxed a little though he still keep looking at her to find what was making her hurt.

"Wait, were you the one that brought me here?" Ajay asked, suddenly recalling where she was.

"Yes o! A..a..aunty I just see you for ground, you be like dead body, I swear. Fear come catch me o. Me, I no just dey ready to loose you." Fejiro answered sincerely. (Yes, I just saw you on the floor. You were like a dead body.. I was really afraid. I'm not ready to loose you yet.)

"Ode!" Ajay mumbled "Shey you don't know what passing out from excess Alcohol consumption is abi? You just gave this hospital free money for drip......." Ajay scolded but stopped abruptly when Fejiro absent-mindedly used his palm to cover her mouth in attempt to shut her up. This act earned him a glare from Ajay and he retreated immediately.

"A.aunty no dey shout na." Fejiro said in loud whispers, checking around to check if anyone was in close proximity. (Aunty stop shouting, please.)

"Why? What happened?" Ajay whispered back, also looking around for what Fejiro was checking for.

"Na only 5k I hold as I enter the hospital o. They said I should buy hos..pital card 4k and it's 1k I.I have le..left o. There's no even any small money again to.to pay the hospital bill." Fejiro explained in a very low voice while Ajay listened attentively.

"What of my purse? Didn't you bring it?"

"I no se...see am o!" (I couldn't find it)

"But it was together with my car keys on the dining table." Ajay queried, obviously frustrated.

"A.a.aunty, see ehh, I..I. wasn't thinking tha..that period o. I ju..st wanted you to be fine. That's all."

Ajay massaged her forehead, thinking of what to do.

"Okay, you know what?" Fejiro shook his head negative in reply "Just go and get me my phone or my purse from the house. You can as well take my car. Just be fast. I can't stand this place."

Fejiro just stood there, scratching his head nervously.

"And why are you still standing here instead of leaving?" Ajay asked, confused

"Aunty, fuel finish for the car." Fejiro mumbled. Ajay sighed in response.

"Oya use the remaining 1k to get a cab. I'll reimburse you after I finish settling this people."

Fejiro uncomfortably scratched his head again, "Aunty, na.na wetin I.I..I use buy all these th..things for you." Fejiro said, pointing at a fancy customized plastic bag with the 'Kilimanjaro' logo on it and a bottle of water standing beside it.

"Jesus Christ! Oga Fejiro!!" Ajay exclaimed in frustration. "Are you naturally dumb or you just decided not to have sense, ehh?"

Fejiro shrugged, "A..aunty, no vex o but I have a go.od idea."

"Oh wow! So what's the idea?" Ajay asked, her tone laced with mockery as she kept Fejiro under her scrutinizing glare.

Fejiro leaned in close to her right ear and she moved farther away on impulse. Fejiro stood straight and gave her an 'It's like you're not ready' look and she comported herself.

"Le..le..let us run away." Fejiro whispered into her ear. Ajay stared at him in shock. How could someone be dumb and also stupid at the same time?!

Not until she was seated in a local restaurant (mama put) munching on a delicious meal of jollof rice and beef did she know how stupidly good Fejiro's plan had been. She felt sad for the nurses on duty though. She was sure they would be scolded and eventually punished by the doctor-in-charge. They had left everything including her package from Kilimanjaro and her car when they escaped. Fejiro was bare footed. Well he had to be, since he didn't bring her to the hospital with any footwear on.

"This Oga Fejiro sef, see what you're making me do." Ajay said, mouthful.

"A.aunty this na the best restaurant for the whole world. You sef y...y..you know." Fejiro boasted and Ajay couldn't help but agree with him. The food was one of the best she had ever tasted. Ajay chuckled in response, taking another spoon of the food into her mouth.

After they had finished eating, Fejiro whispered to Ajay that when he gives a signal, they should run home together. Ajay couldn't stop laughing. This had to be the most adventurous day of her life.

The owner of the local restaurant left it in the care of a young girl. She was the irresponsible type that went around trying to see what she could get as tip from the male regular customers present.

"Cecelia, oya dance for us now." One of the men said, grabbing her butt. The sight disgusted Ajay. But the girl only giggled shyly and started dancing to the music playing in the restaurant. She was twerking and each of them took turns to grind against her backside. Everyone in the restaurant moped at them. Ajay was not left out. Fejiro was the only uninterested one.

"A.aunty oya oya.. le.. let's go." Fejiro whispered to Ajay when he noticed everyone's attention was focused elsewhere. And with that they quietly escaped, not even needing to run. Well, until they heard the young girl screaming "THEIF OO. THEM DON CARRY MY MONEY RUN!!!" from a notable distance while on her heels with about two guys in front of her.

"Aunty... RUN!" Fejiro held Ajay's hand and they fled for their lives.

Due to Fejiro's previous experiences, he was able to successfully maneuver his way around them until they got into Ajay's house and bolted the gate. They both bent with their hands on their knees gasping for air. Ajay just kept on laughing.

"Oga Fejiro you're mad o. Sheyy you know?" She asked admist laughter. Fejiro just shrugged, still trying to steady his breathing. After sometime they retired back into the main building.

***
"...So that's what happened. Obinna hasn't even called since then." Ajay said, explaining everything to Fejiro as they sat on the edge of the swimming pool with their legs inside the water. Silence enveloped them for sometime as the evening breeze was the only thing that seemed to make a noise.

"I no just un..understand why some men go ju..st stay like this, come dey cheat. I.I.I no just get." Fejiro said in the most quiet voice ever. If at all they were in a sea of people, only Ajay would hear him.

"Like you all are not the same..." Ajay mumbled

"A.a.aunty, I swear, me I no fit cheat on you o. As in h.h.how I go look you like this, as you fi. Fine, come cheat on you?" Ajay shrugged "Me I no fit o. Ahh! Never!" Fejiro shook his head emphasizing his point.

The whole place became quiet again and the tension could be felt amongst both parties. Before Fejiro knew what he was doing, his lips was already few inches apart from Ajay's. He had been longing to feel them and his body was just acting on it's own. Ajay, on her own part didn't know why she was anticipating the kiss. It took the ringing of her phone to bring them out of their delusion.

"Uhm.... I'll be going inside. It's already late." Ajay stammered awkwardly and scampered into the house not even waiting for Fejiro's reply. Fejiro smiled widely to himself. He didn't know why, but he felt many good things were about to come.

🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳
Hoila¡ It's another update and yass I'm really very happy!☺️

Question for the chapter
Have you ever bought something and ran away with the money or an excess amount of change?

Me: Yes o. Especially if I hate the person that's selling. If I just noticed you gave me excess change, I'll carry it and run😂😂

Please o, if you've not done it before, don't do it Biko. It's not good😪😪😪

Don't forget to vote, comment and shareeee ❤️
Till next update!!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5K 715 19
After being rejected by her high school crush, Jumoke decides to leave her past behind and focus more on being a working woman. But when fate decides...
246K 42.7K 42
"And who are you?" I looked up to see his well structured face. "I'm Itoro, Itoro Samuels." "And what are you doing here?" "Trying to clean up Sir...
5.9K 727 40
After reluctantly returning home from abroad Amarachi is forced to confront all the unpleasant trauma of her past, including fighting the white-hot a...
81.1K 17.5K 50
"Didn't you just ask me to be your girlfriend?" I asked. He flashed a smile and replied, "Yes, I did!" "Then, what are you doing with that paper and...