Dragoncarnation: Good or Evil...

By Kirriosa

So you know about dragons, right? Those big reptiles with scales that breath fire? What if I told you you cou... More

Introduction and Prologue
1: Huh?
2: Fire
3: Firsts
4: Family
5: Sick
6: Fight
7: Resistance
8: Words
9: Outside
10: Hunt
11: Tiger
12: Risk
13: Questions
14: Answers
15: Training
16: Bear
17: Scratch
18: Counter
19: Food
E2: Emily's Day Out
20: Cooking
21: Eight
22: Sinking
23: Defiance
E3: A Normal Day?
E4: One Worry at a Time
24:Caged
25: Leash
26: Walks
E5: That day
E6: Yes and No
27: Insect
28: Corridor
29: Hiding
30: Escape
E7: Ever Growing Troubles
E8: Unexpected Guest Work
E9: The Escape Plan
E10: Release and Catch
31: Return
32: Appraisal
33: Names
34: Wind
35: Thoughts
36: Foxes (I)
37: Foxes (II)
37: Foxes (III)
38: Foxes (IV)
E11: Let's Start the Hunt

E1: I have a secret

5.1K 204 41
By Kirriosa

A long stretch of a corridor I've seen before.

Maids and servants all moving about to finish their duties.

The click of my heels with every step I make as I make my way down the long hallway.

The light, green colored dress I wore shuffled with each step I took.

Yes, it was another normal day for me in the large manor I called home.

Everyone was moving about, doing the jobs they were assigned to.

A glance out the window showed the knights training outside on the practice field.

Such a lovely sunny day.

On days like these it would be a crime to sit indoors and not enjoy the warm weather of Suhim.

Suhim, the season of the Earth Spirit Humis.

That is how you would say "spring" in this world.
Yes, I do mean this world.

This world I currently live in is not my original world.

Well, that's not entirely true.

I was in fact born in this world, I have memories supporting this fact.

Along with these memories I also have memories of another world, which is the one I came from before.

I guess the best way I can put it for myself is reincarnation.

Still, this reincarnation is strange because I didn't remember everything about my previous life and my current life at the same time.

My name is Ernamaria Von Saurtide, fourth child and third daughter of the Saurtide Household.

This was the only truth I knew up until I turned six.

One day, I started having strange visions of places and people I had never seen before.

It wouldn't have been a problem if these visions didn't start becoming more frequent by the day.

They started to plague my everyday life, eventually growing into headaches.

Day by day these visions, my memories, would keep flooding in.

This continued until all the facts of my previous self were known to me.

Emily Miller, a second year highschool student at the age of sixteen.

I not only picked up on my previous self's memories, but also her intellect as well.

I knew how to read a language that didn't exist in this world as well solve and read at a higher level.

but I also started adapting to my previous mannerisms and behaviours as well.

My body was indeed that of a six year old child, but I also had an intelligence and thoughts like that of a modern teenager.

Not that it matters now.

Well, I eventually found a way past all those hurdles so everything has been calm for the time being.

As I walked down these halls lost in thought, I nearly run into a much larger roaming knight.

I stop myself just before collision, much like he does.

"Pardon me milady." He says giving a small bow.

I look up at the grown, thick built man in lightly silver armor. 

His dark brown hair and thick bearded face bowing slightly to me as his green eyes never left my own.

"General Haveron. Pardon myself as well." I say giving a small curtsy with my light, green dress. "I was lost in thought and not watching my surroundings."

The commander straightens himself out and gives a small smirk. "A lot of thoughts on your mind, milady?"

"Quite a few." I replied. "Quite a few indeed."

"I imagine so." The commander says with a smile.

I give a nod. "Yes, there's quite a lot going on right now and many more worries to come. But our commander has just as many troubles with the upcoming expedition. The Solain Mountains are dangerous."

Haveron let out a loud boisterous laugh. "Relax milady. In my 24 years of service to your father, never have I seen him fail in a task he was given. Regardless of difficulty, he succeeded without fail."

"Yes. I did hear of his tales quite often when I was younger. It's the reason my older sister and I picked up swordsmanship from him."

"Yes, but more than strong, he's also wise. He never accepts tasks he has no chance of succeeding in." Haveron states "The fact he took this request means he sees a chance of success, and I believe in his judgement."

"That's good to hear. I feel a bit relieved now." I say, giving a small smile. "But please don't rush your work and hurry back for my sake. I wouldn't want you to cause problems for my father simply because you were rushed."

Haveron lets out another loud laugh. "Right Right! I'll keep those words in mind m'lady. Now if you'll excuse me." 

He gives a bow before turning around, his green cape fluttering as he walks off.

Rolland Haveron.

My fathers acting general and one of the strongest knights under father's employment. 

His large build and thick muscles of his are not just for show.

His swordsman skills are nothing to scoff at either.

He even wields that massive great sword of his one handed and can swing it with enough force to take down Rushing Boars in one strike.

Even I struggle against that kind of enemy.

Regardless, it seems I can continue my walk.

I do and make my way out towards the courtyard.

The courtyard of the estate is quite large.

It mostly consisted of a large collection of flower beds and hedges lining the stone pathways across it.

The center of the courtyard had a large fountain that sprayed crystal clear water from it.
A truly lovely sight for sure.

However, I find it much easier to relax in the gazebo just a ways away from it all.

A small corner of the garden where the waters of the fountain and people can be heard, but not seen.

A small area just off the path, hidden by one of the shrub bushes. With a couple benches and a table inside it.

A small hide away where I can be alone with my thoughts.

Relief finds me easily in this place and with it comfort.

"On a nice day like this, who would want to be cooped up inside?"

"Hrnnmmmmmruh." 

I stretch my arms upward as far as they can go before relaxing them.

Unladylike. So slobish.

I can hear the distant words of other nobles as they would speak these words behind my back.

If they could see me now.

Dealing with other nobles is such a hassle.

If I could, I would avoid such interactions altogether.

However to do so would require the authority or strenght to do so; both of which I currently lack.

The Saurtides are a strong noble family, but are a militaristic family.

Here, authority comes from your militaristic powest.

Those that can lead, those that can fight, those that can support on the battlefield.

Aspects of my family are quite easily divided between these categories.

Each member of my family falls under these aspects in one way or another.

And then there's me.

Despite my best efforts in raising my status, my overall skill hasn't manifested itself into a usable class.

Status

Ernamaria Von Saurtide
Level: 24
Class: None

HP: 128/128

MP: 235/235

SP: 70/70

ST: 100%

ATK: 30

DEF: 35

SPD: 25

INT: 45

Skills:

「Light Punch Lv5」「Kick Lv6」「Guard Lv4」「Slash Lv3」「Parry Lv2」「Mana Manipulation Lv4」「Fire Magic」「Wind Magic」「Water Magic」「Fear Resistance Lv7」「Psychological Resistance Lv15」「Psychological Nullification」「Pain Resistance Lv 10」「Concentration Lv5」「Emotional Control Lv6」「Deception Lv8」「Spatial Awareness Lv9」 「Climbing Lv6」「Dancing Lv10」「Etiquette Lv 24」「High Class Etiquette」「Royal Etiquette」「Calculation Lv 7」「Cooking Lv8」「Beast Handling Lv3」「Riding Lv7」「Danger Detection Lv1」「Observation Lv10」「Appraisal Lv5」「Human Language - Eldonian」「Power Growth」「Unrelenting Soul」「Xenialcoatl's Blessing」「Hidden Lv???」「Hidden Lv???」「Hidden」

These stats of mine and all these skills I possess.

Even though I'm the daughter of a noble.

Even though I have memories of my past life.

I have no idea what I'm supposed to do with them.

I've looked through multiple books in our family's library on classes and skills, yet I can't seem to find the right class to use for one with my stats.

30 Attack at age of 15.

For one such as myself who trains with our knights, I would hope that my strength would be a lot higher than this.

The average townsmen has an attack power of 50, while their children close to my age will have attack power at around 30.

Knights of our household have a base attack power of 120.

Commander Haveron has an attack power of 420.

While my sister Asceline has an attack power of 380.

And yet, neither of them come close to my father and his attack power of 800.

I wasn't hoping to overcome such a high wall, but I was hoping to at least be stronger than the common townsmen.

To be training so hard and not have anything to show for it.

"Lady Ernamaria."

A familiar voice calls out to me both alerting me to their presence as well as to my current slouching position.

I turn my head to see a young brunette knight with bright green eyes looking down at me.

"I knew you'd be around here."

I sit myself up and brush off my dress, trying to make myself look presentable.

"Sir Conrad. Do you need me for something?"

"You can relax. It's just me Maria." he says, waving his hand dismissively.

"Oh." I let out a long sigh scratching my head. "Don't scare me like that."

With that I lay myself back down on the bench.

He chuckles before taking a seat besides my head.

Conrad Houdeet.

A knight officer who works under Commander Haveron.

He's just another knight officer to everyone else, but he's someone I trust dearly.

After all, he's the only one who seriously believed my tale of being reincarnated.

When I asked him why, he told me.

"You wouldn't be this worried over a simple fantasy or this assure of yourself over a simple delusion."

Ever since I've talked to Conrad about any problems I had or any news in general.

In fact he's the reason I train with the knights.

"Still no luck?" He asked me.

"Not even a bit of it." I reply "I work my ass off doing everything I can and I still can't find any use for stats like this."

"You do have a bunch of skills that are hard to obtain." He says with a nod. "Perhaps a special class from your world?"

"The word "class" has a different meaning in that world than in this one." I reply rolling onto my back looking up at him. "Didn't we have a conversion like this before?"

"Yes, when we were younger." Conrad answers. "Although, I couldn't quite wrap my head around everything you said. Those machines and vehicles you talk of. It would be amazing if we could reproduce them here."

"It would, if I knew how to build one."

Conrad simply shrugs with that smile of his.

"Anyways, I've been checking the books in the study on the different types of classes and skills that have shown up in the past."

"Oh? Any luck?" Conrad asks with interest

"So far, I've got nothing." I replied

"Tough break." He replies.

I let out a small chuckle. "Hey, you finally said it correctly."

"I would hope so" He responds "Since we've been 'hanging out' together for so long, It would be strange if I didn't pick up on some of the slang you use."

I'm actually impressed.

"Someone's working hard." I tease.

"Not as hard as you. Your current status and slump aside. You've been getting much busier as of late. Your school work, knight training, magic training, not to mention all the duties you'll be taking being a lady of the Saurtides."

"Ugh, please don't remind me." I groan out.

Conrad takes his gloved hand and begins to pet my head. "You sure have a lot on your plate, don't you Mary"

"What are you doing?" I ask, turning my head to look at him.

"You seemed quite glum, so I thought this would help you a little bit." He smiled.

"So you use your sweaty gloved hand, that's been covered in dirt and grime, to touch the top of my head?"

The corners of his mouth curl up into a mischievous grin.

"You, cocky knight." I sit up and try to grab at him.

He grabs my wrist and holds me back grinning all the while. "Oh? What's this? I thought I was speaking to Lady Saurtide, but might it be a wild beast instead?"

"Let me go and find out for yourself." I snap back pushing back at him trying to grab his face.

"Oh, so scary~" He says, cocking his head back. "Perhaps I should start restraining you."

I move my hands to cast magic, however Conrad keeps pulling my arms to keep me out of control while pulling me close up against his armor plating.

I opened my mouth to cast instead but...

"Don't make me restrain your mouth too."

Even as he says this, he leans his face into mine, our noses touching.

I feel his breath on my face and...

No, He wouldn't dare.

Even Conrad isn't that brazen of a person.

The sudden realization of who I was talking about causes me to turn my head and start pulling away from him.

"Good choice" He says before letting go.

My own momentum cause me to fly back onto the ground.

"Glad you understand where we stand." He says flashing a smirk.

"Ow! You jerk." Is all I say rubbing my rear.

That is sexual harassment mister knight and I will remember this.

After a little while he helped me back up and allowed me to lay my head back onto his lap.

I'd throw a punch at him if he wasn't covered head to toe in armor.

This time around he was petting my head without his glove.

Whether that's better or worse than before I can't say, but at least he wiped his hands off this time around.

"Oh yeah. You're going on that expedition to the mountains aren't you?" I ask

"That I am." He answers using his bare hand to pet my head.

"Do you know anything about why you're heading up there?"

"I know a little bit actually. Most of the details are being withheld by the superiors though." He answers. "The objective of the trip is to capture a monster that has been living in the mountain area. I have no idea what our target is, but they say that it's quite strong."

"Capture?" I peek up at him. "Then wouldn't monster tamers be a better choice over knights?"

Conrad shrugs "Apparently you can't tame this monster in such a way. So you have to overwhelm it and capture it in a different way."

"I see." I muse to myself before sighing. "If only we had a tranquilizer gun or something."

"One of those weapons from that other world?" He asks "Well something that strong would be nice to have, but I doubt a weapon that strong would be helpful in a capture mission."

"Probably not, but a tranquilizer gun is different in that it shoots darts filled with liquid to make its target sleep."

Conrad chuckles. "Well, no use worrying about what we don't have. Guess I'll have to make do with my sword skills."

I shrug. "Better than any of my skills."

"Don't worry about it too much." Conrad tells me.

"How can I not worry?" I blurt out. "Nothing beats practical training and combat experience. Without a class to focus on I won't be allowed out in the open plain alone, let alone take on requests."

Conrad lets out another sigh along with me.

"Guess you're stuck with me for a bit longer." Conrad says with a smirk

"Yeah...it seems like it." I reply

"Oh! Speaking of requests." Conrad lights up before moving to his pack and pulling out a book. "I was looking for more info about this mysterious beast we might be hunting and found this in one of the books. Info about a creature there."

He opened to a page he had bookmarked.

It showed a green and black tiger, with gold claws and large protruding fangs. A red gem was placed on its forehead along with a mane around its neck.

"Solain Great Penthoris." I read

"Most monsters listed in the area are high ranking creatures such as Vulpyro, Sidusars. However neither can compare to the Penthoris species. Even more so a Great Penthoris."

"You think this is your target?" I ask looking through the page.

"Quite possibly. They normally appear around level 50, so we'd have to use 3 platoons to defeat one; twice as much to capture one alive. And if we add on the dangerous journey needed to get a chance at such a creature."

"Then that explains why everyone is so up in arms about it." I flip a couple pages of the book seeing the different monsters inside.

Monsters have different names than animals here to differentiate them.

I turn a page and stare at the creature on it.

"Well, if it's a Penthoris then General Rolland should help in its capture. Even if its a Great Penthoris we should be okay." Conrad folded his hands. "But if our target is something stronger than it..."

I look up at him waiting for him to say something.

"...Eh, we'll be fine." He shrugs off.

I nearly loose my balance and fall forward before catching myself

"Do you enjoy torturing me like this?" I ask him seriously.

"A little, yes. You do give the best reactions after all." Conrad says before standing up.
"Well then, I best be off."

Conrad moves to face me in a more attentive and solder-like pose.

"I wish you a peaceful rest of your day M'lady. Excuse me."
With that sudden farewell, Conrad leaves.

Maybe the phrase 'ran away' would be more correct.

I let out a sigh before noticing his book still sitting beside me, opened to a page showing a different monster.

"Solain Storm Draco. A Dragon."

Even looking at a picture I can tell this creature is much stronger than the Penthoris show before.

It is a dragon after all.

Could this be their intended target?

If so, then won't it be an impossible task for our knights?

I let out a sigh closing the book.

Geez, just what I need, more worries.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

83K 3.1K 121
I was walking back home one night from work, when I unexpectedly got caught in the crossfire of a bank robbery - which results in my death. As life s...
7.7K 229 93
In the ordinary modern world, my life met an extraordinary end - I was run over by a Ferrari. But death was just the beginning. Transmigrating into...
45.3K 842 10
From elementary to high school, as an otaku, I play roleplaying MMORPGs as part of my normal life. One day, when I woke up, I find myself in new real...
2.7K 130 30
From a fulfilled life to a powerful lizard?! Lena(now Lava), whom accepted an early death, is now fated to live the longest! After losing her mother...