Something About Him

By CrystalWings-

"Let go of me" I murmured trying not to create a scene. "Why" He asked in his usual deep voice with his grip... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: A love that consumes you
Chapter 2: The irresponsible player
Chapter 3: Luke Hamilton?
Chapter 4: 'That feeling'
Chapter 5: Damaged goods
Chapter 7: The sleeping beauty
Chapter 8: Stupid Damien!
Chapter 9: A stranger? A mystery?
Chapter 10: Viral pictures!
Chapter 11: A real badass
Chapter 12: The perks of being popular
Chapter 13: Fallen angel
Chapter 14: As the night gets darker
Chapter 15: So close...yet so far
Chapter 16: Not a freaking dream!
Chapter 17: 'Library Girl'
Chapter 18: What smile?
Chapter 19: A lie never felt so true
Chapter 20: Restless
Chapter 21: First move
Chapter 22: Goodbye...Damien
Chapter 23: Bitter truth
Chapter 24: A life changing kiss
Chapter 25: There's no 'we'
Chapter 26: Undeniable attraction
Chapter 27: Beginning of something
Chapter 28: Because I wanted to
Chapter 29: You silly girl!
Chapter 30: Liar liar pants on fire!
Chapter 31: Your Damien
Chapter 32: Her...friend
Chapter 33: Christmas dinner
Chapter 34: His territory

Chapter 6: The mysterious one

374 20 2
By CrystalWings-

Cynthia's POV

"So as we all know winter is just about to knock on our doors and as we all also know that with winter, comes along a special fest that our school has been celebrating for years now..." Mrs. Garcia, our English teacher, who also happens to be our class teacher, said with a bit too much enthusiasm in her voice as I just continued scribbling something on the last page of my notebook while trying my best to ignore her.

"The Winter Fest by The Roosevelt Private High School Seattle" She continued, with a squeal.

"Well why am I not hearing any claps" She said sarcastically as we all understood what she meant and in an instant the entire class clapped.

"We celebrate The Winter Fest every year but this year it's very very special. Any guesses why?..." She paused expecting someone to answer her question.

"Ug. This is such a dead class" She said shaking her head.

"Anyways, so as I was saying this year's Winter Fest is very special...because this is the 20th year that we are celebrating it, which means this is the 20th Winter Fest of our school. So just like every year I want my class to participate in each and every event of this festival with the same energy as every year" She added.

"Linda, sweetie, please note down the names of the students wishing participate in different events and submit them to the Winter Fest committee as soon as possible..." Mrs. Garcia instructed the girl sitting on the front desk.

"So everybody, submit their names to Linda and...Miss Cynthia Miller..." She paused as I looked up a bit startled when she called out my name.

"Yes Mrs. Garcia" I answered.

"It seems like you are quite busy this morning" She replied with a sarcastic smile.

"Anyways, I wish to see your name in the musical drama, just as every year" She added.

"But Mrs. Garcia, I kinda don't wish to participate in any of the events this year" I replied.

Honestly, I used to be so excited to participate in the play every year but now I just don't feel like doing it anymore...somehow I feel like I should rather focus on my studies than participating in some stupid play.

Because if I don't score good in my exams, these same teachers will come blaming me for it without thinking twice that maybe I was too busy practicing for some play, in which they forced me to participate, to study.

"May I ask why is that? Ms. Miller" She asked in her irritatingly sweet voice as I just signed.

"You do know that all this is for charity and not just for fun, right" She added without even giving me a chance to reply.

"So maybe I could just ask my dad for some donation for the charity" I replied with a shrug as she just gave me a sarcastic chuckle and right there I knew I said the wrong thing at the wrong place and time.

"Well...Cynthia, we all know your father is a very wealthy man and he does some charity as well but with all due respect to your father, I asked for your participation, not your wealthy family's money" She said as I mentally rolled my eyes.

"And about the money, we'll raise a lot of money by selling the tickets to the play that you'll be participating in, just as every year" She added leaving no space for any further argument.

"Class dismissed" She said before walking out.

"God! I wish I could just...ugh..." I trailed off with a frustrated sigh.

"Dude, our school authority is so smart, they just use your popularity to sell their tickets every year" Bethany said shaking her head.

"Well...the only good part about this is that it's for charity" I replied with a sigh.

"Anyways, let's go and get a coffee, I really need it" Madison said as I just hummed a reply and the three of us walked out of the class.

"Hey..." Sean said purposely bumping his shoulder into mine.

"Hey" I replied rubbing my shoulder.

"So what's up?" He asked as we walked down the corridor.

"As usual...Mrs. Garcia wishes to see Cyn in the musical, just as every year" Madison replied.

"Well that's nothing new, but you said no right?" He asked as the three of us just remained silent to that question.

"Don't tell me you said yes" He said in disbelief.

"Well...I didn't have much choice" I replied.

"But you told me once that you don't wish to participate this year" He said as I sighed and stopped walking.

"Yes I did and I still don't wish to participate but as I said I didn't have much say in this matter..." I paused.

"And please now let's just change the topic...I don't really wish to talk about this stupid musical all day" I continued.

"Alright if..." Sean replied as my gaze fell over at the familiar figure passing by us.

"Is that Damien?" I mumbled almost to myself.

"Damien as in the 'damaged goods'?" Bethany asked as I just shook my head at her.

"No. Not Damien the 'damaged goods' but rather Damien as in the amazing basketball player because of whom our school won this year's inter-school basketball match" I replied as Bethany just mumbled an 'ohh' with an irritating grin.

"Wait. What are you guys even talking about?" Sean asked.

"Damaged goods? Damien? Who is this guy?" He added another set of questions.

"Sean come on, you know him...everybody knows him. The basketball player...the mysterious one" Madison replied as his mouth formed an oh realising who she was talking about.

"Oh that Damien" He said.

"Beth is right though, he sure is damaged goods" He added casually.

"Guys seriously! What's wrong with you all" I replied.

"Stop calling him that...you guys are so insensitive" I added.

I don't really understand why do they have to call him that? When he has got a perfectly fine name?

I mean what must he feel like when he hears people calling him damaged goods?

Of course nobody would feel good being called damaged goods right? I know for sure I wouldn't.

"And why are you being so sensitive about him?" Sean asked with an eyebrow raised, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Everybody calls him that and I'm sure he has heard it too...there's nothing new in it" He added with a shrug.

"And she's not just being sensitive...it seems like she's more like...defending him" Bethany said with that stupid grin still plastered on her face.

Seriously! What is up with that grin of hers?

"Come on, Beth. I'm not being sensitive or even defending anybody...I'm just saying..." I trailed off knowing there's no point explaining this to them.

"Anyways. I gotta go. I'll catch you guys later" I said and rushed into the busy hallways of my school, getting vanished into the crowd but yet I managed to hear the last bits of my friends conversation.

"What was that all about?" Sean asked, his voice sounding confused.

"I think she has found a new interest" Madison replied.

New interest?

Seriously?

"Nah. Not new interest. Her only interest till date" Bethany said.

"What! That's nonsense!" Sean mumbled.

Well all I can say about this is that sometimes I don't understand my own friends.

I sighed finally getting out of the crowded hallways and getting some fresh air of our school ground...well where is he?

I was hoping I could catch his glimpse in the crowd but he was nowhere to be seen and now he is not even here.

And obviously I don't know his routine so I'm not sure where he must be right now.

I sighed.

How can he disappear so quickly?

If only not for my stupid friends I would have got a chance to talk to him right there in the corridor...but alas they just held me in a conversation and I missed him.

I sighed yet again and turned to leave and just then I caught his glimpse, far at the exit gate of our school.

He is on his motorbike and he's just about to leave which means I need to rush, thinking so I did actually rush towards him and stood in front of his motorbike to stop him from leaving.

Jesus Christ! What's wrong with me?

What the hell did I just do?

Why did I had to come and stand in front of his bike?

If not for his quick reflexes, I would have gotten hit by his bike.

Thank heavens he pressed the brakes on the right time.

"Damien..." I mumbled breathing heavily as he just stared at me...or rather should I say glared at me...?

He looks pissed.

Well of course he looks pissed...I just jumped in front of his bike.

"I just wanted to congratulate you for the basketball match..." I paused trying to catch my breath.

"You played really well" I added when I got no response from him.

And the air around us got really thick and awkward as he just kept looking at me with an unreadable expression.

His intense gaze made me wanna run away and get vanished into that crowd once again...where he couldn't see me.

"Look I'm sorry if you heard what my friends were saying about you..." I said breaking the awkward silence between us.

Well maybe he heard my friends and that's the reason he hasn't uttered a word till now.

I haven't even heard his voice yet.

God! Why is my heart beating so fast?

It's surely not from the little marathon I just had from the school ground to his bike...because it's been a moment or two since then and I have also caught my breath now.

"They just don't think before saying anything..." I added trying to make some conversation as he interrupted me, finally breaking his silence.

"I don't give a fuck what anybody thinks about me" He said with that same poker face, his voice deep and cold as ice which had my voice hitched.

He speaks!

"Now if you could just move aside" He added as my legs instantly moved on their own accord, making way for his bike and not even a second later, he was gone along with the wind.

Well...that was something!

•••

Hey guys,

Well...their first encounter!

What do you think about it?

Anyways,

Please vote, comment and share.

Until next time.

Love,

Crystal ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

291 66 39
This story is about a girl who had a crush on a boy in her class, having him tease her consistently, to having him want her forever. As it goes, love...
2.2K 89 14
When Enid Jones a straight A student and a perfect Islamic daughter any parent would wish to have, won a scholarship to the prestigious Montrose Acad...
11.9K 425 28
"So... what about us?" he asked, and I looked at him, a bit bewildered. "What?" I inquired. "You and me... what are we, Sera? You know how you affect...
1.6K 158 29
• 𝐈𝐍𝐒𝐏𝐈𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐁𝐘 𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐄 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐒 • "What's your name?" I asked. "Damien," he said with his deep voice. I did not expect his voice to be...