Step Brothers

By nightlight_twinkle

Y/N recently lost her mother in a car accident. So her father took custody. But she has seven stepbrothers. S... More

Copyright & Synopsis & Trailer
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
Epilogue
Epilogue Part 2
Bonus Chapter

9

7.3K 249 26
By nightlight_twinkle

It's been a while since I've been awake. But I stayed put in bed. My head was hurting really bad when I woke up. Must be the consequences of the fall, I concluded.

My eyes were trained on the ceiling of my room. It was dark in here. And I don't like it. But I didn't have the energy to get up and turn the light on.

But more than that, I didn't want to face anyone. Especially the guys.

When dad told me about having seven stepbrothers, I was scared for a little while. But I gave myself hope that it would be nice to have siblings. But I guess that was my mistake. I shouldn't have hoped.

Because now everything they are doing is just hurting.

Y/n: "What have I done to deserve such cruel faith?" Questioning no one in particular. I asked.

Rubbing my eyes, I got up since I started feeling thirsty. Grabbing my phone, I turned it on. Its bright light made me close my eyes. I checked the time; it was 8 p.m.My stomach grumbled.

Y/n: "Right. I need to feed you first.eed you first." I haven't eaten anything since breakfast. And had no energy whatsoever. I made my way to the kitchen.
....

I heard the boys talking over the TV sound. I guess they are happy. I didn't disturb them with my presence and made my way to the kitchen.

Mrs.Choi has gone home by now. There was some leftover mac and cheese, so I pulled it out and put it in the oven to heat it.

Tapping my fingers on the counter and humming a tune to myself. I waited for my food to heat up.

After it was done, I sat down in the dining room. Turning a single light on, I played a video on YouTube and began eating.

Halfway through, my stomach was filled. So I just sat there with my elbows on the table and my face in my hands. Fully concentrated on the video.

One after another, the next thing I know, it's already 10 p.m.

Groaning I stood up. Taking my dishes in my hand, I turned around to come face-to-face with Namjoon. Flinching, I took a step back.

He was looking at me. Like really looking at me. Feeling weird standing there. I moved to walk past him, but his hand went up to my arm.

Holding it. Not strong enough to hurt, but still enough to hold me in place.

Encouraging myself, I looked up at him square in the eyes. Even though he scared me, I still managed. And I think I deserved a pat on the shoulder for it.

Y/n: "Hmm...can I help you?"

Namjoon: "As if I will take your help." He scoffed.

Instantly, I felt annoyed. What is it with him being so rude?

Y/n: "Than take your hand off!" I lost my cool. What do they all think of themselves?

His whole demeanor changed with my tone. And his grip on my arm tightened.

I tried to wiggle, but it was fruitless.

Namjoon: "Don't you dare use such a tone on me. Understand!" He jerked me backward.

Y/n: "Or else what, huh? What will you do? No, screw that. What can you even do? Raise your hand for me? Punch me? I dare you to try it."

I don't know what's wrong with me. Where is this confidence coming from? Alarming bells ring in my brain, telling me to back away before he hurts me. And by the way he was looking at me in anger, I had no doubt that he would do it.

He took a step forward, and even though I wanted to move back, I didn't.

His hand grabbed my chin. His nails were digging into my jaw, making me hiss.

Namjoon: "No, that would be me going too easy on you. Don't you think? I will do things to you that will make you want to kill yourself."

He made me step backward by pushing me until my back touched the wall.

Namjoon: "Now listen and listen carefully. You won't open that mouth of yours in front of mom and dad about what happened earlier. Or else you will be responsible for what happens to you. AM I CLEAR!?"

He looked into my eyes. The sound of footsteps could be heard. And with a fire burning in my chest due to his threats, I did something I knew I would regret.

Nevertheless, I gave him a smile.

Y/n: "Fu*k you, Namjoon." I pronounced each and every word slowly. Seeing his expression turn to that of an angry bull I somehow felt a little bit of happiness. But it was short-lived.

His hand collided with my cheek. And it turned to the side. Everything froze for a second.

Jin: "WHAT THE F**K JOON?" He was pulled away from me by Jin. But the damage was done.

Tears stung my eyes. Looking up, I saw all of them looking at me. But I just looked at him. He was still glaring at me. And in absolute anger. I threw the plate in my hand in his direction.

At the last second, he ducked, and the plate collided with the wall behind him, shattering into little pieces.

Yoongi: "What the hell?" Y/n!" His voice boomed in the dining room. But I don't give a flying fu*k. They can all go to hell.

Y/n: "Screw you. All of you!" Shouting at the top of my lungs, I sprinted from there. Pushing one of them out of my way, making him stumble.

Yoongi: "Y/n! Y/n! Get back here!"

Jin: "Let her go, Yoongi."

The others stood there, still trying to understand what just happened.

Jin: "Go to your room, everyone." All of them got out of there, returning to their rooms.

Jin sighed. Looking at the shattered pieces of the plate. And he went to clean up the mess.

.......

Y/n:

Locking my door. I sat on my bed.

Y/n: "I shouldn't have done that. He's older than me." I rubbed my cheeks, which still throbbed slightly.

Before I could dwell on this matter anymore, I started crying.

......

It was past midnight when I calmed down. Yawning, I did my night routine, changed into my pajamas, and then went to bed.

But even though I was sleepy, I couldn't sleep. Guilt was eating up on me. And I sat up after a while. I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep if I didn't apologize. That's just how I am. I don't like it if someone is hurt because of me.

Y/n: "This won't do. I should say sorry to him. But..."

I chewed my lips in nervousness. Sighing, I got up. And went to his room. The corridor was empty. I silently walked to his room. I knocked on it, but no one opened. It was about to turn around when an idea struck my mind.

I tried to open the door, and luckily it wasn't locked. I went inside, and everything was dark. I could hear a snoring sound. Smiling slightly, I turned my phone on in order to do what I wanted to do.

I made my way to his desk and saw sticky notes on it. I quickly did what I wanted to do and stepped out of his room. And went to my room. Sleep soon engulfed me.

"I'm sorry for what I did tonight. I shouldn't have done that. I'm sorry if I hurt you by any means."

..........

Morning:

I was doing my breakfast quite quietly. The atmosphere was tense here. The boys were not goofing around but rather sitting quietly.

Dad and Nancy weren't here. They had to stay at the office last night because of the work load. Jin and Yoongi went to their apartment last night.

I noticed Namjoon kept looking at me every now and then, and that caused others to glance at me as well.

After I finished it. I put my plate in the sink and went to grab my bag.

Jimin: "We are leaving."

With that, I followed him to the car. I could see Jungkook and Jimin's cars already out of the gates. And both Jimin and I sat down.

This time, however, he didn't start the car until I had worn my seat belt.

Well, I will take it as if he had accepted my apology.

......

It was my third period when yesterday's happening came back to mind.

How did I forget about him? Due to everything that happened yesterday, he totally escaped my mind.

Y/n: "Sh*t, sh*t, sh*t, y/n.. how could you have forgotten about this?" I was definitely looking like a joker standing in front of the class door, stomping my feet, and cursing myself.

But I didn't care. All I cared about was how I was going to survive without getting noticed by him.

There are 50% chances of him not knowing who I am. But with the whole beginning scene yesterday, I highly doubt he doesn't know by now.

Let's just hope that I'm wrong and that he didn't give a flying fu*k about the girl who suddenly fainted during the lecture.

Hyun-tae: "You going to move or what?" I turned my head to look at the rude guy from yesterday.

Without giving him a reply, I stepped inside the class and sat down in my seat.

But to my surprise, he sat down next to me. My heart stopped for a second.

If he's sitting here, he will come here as well. And if he comes here, he will see me. I can't afford that.

Y/n: "You can't sit there. Go sit somewhere else."

He looked slightly taken back by my statement, but then he replied.

Hyun-tae: "Excuse me. I can sit wherever I want to." He looked offended. But honey, I don't care if you're offended, but you have to move.

Y/n: "Go sit somewhere else."

Hyun-tae: "I can sit anywhere I want to. No one can tell me what to do and what not to do. And if you have a problem with me sitting here, "Then you move somewhere else."

Slightly pissed. I moved to grab my bag when a voice spoke.

Hyun-woo: "What are you doing here, Tae?" Let's sit at our usual place."

I froze. Holding my breath and stopping any movement of my body, I stilled.

My heartbeat excelled. My palm felt sweaty. And my head began to throb with unwanted memories.

Hyun-tae: "I want to sit here, bro. Come on."

Hyun-woo: "Gosh, okay." He moved to sit beside Hyun-tae. My hair covered my face, preventing both of them from seeing my face.

The teacher decided to come at that time, and now I was stuck sitting here with my ex and his brother.

.....

Somehow I had avoided seeing my face throughout the lecture. Hyun-tae tried talking to me, but I never responded.

And as the bell rang, I was out of the door before anyone else.

......

It was lunch time, and after putting my books in the locker, I went to the cafetaria.

I scanned the room and saw that at the far corner, all four of them sat together at a big table with Hyun-tae and Hyun-woo, some other guys, and some girls as well.

Y/n: "Great. Now they are friends with those two. Just my good luck." I whispered to myself.

After taking my lunch, I sat down in the opposite corner from them. Wanting to stay away from anyone.

I was sitting alone. Because, well, it was the middle of the school year and everyone already had their own group of friends. But I liked it this way. Without any friends.

I was doing my own thing. And I didn't realize that someone was now sitting with me.

Hyun-tae: "You know you're acting quite rude." Instantly, my eyes looked up at him.

What the—when did he come here?

Y/n: "Well, maybe it's because you don't get the hint that I don't want to talk to you."

Hyun-tae: "Ouch. I feel hurt. Here I'm leaving my group of friends to come and accompany the new lonely girl, and she doesn't even want to talk to me." He pointed in the direction of that table. And my breath hitched.

Slowly, I turned my face in the direction he was pointing. And all the color drained from my face.

He has seen me. All of them were looking at me. My hands started shaking. His blue eyes held surprise. But slowly, his mouth formed into a smile. Not the sweet kind. The kind that formed sweat on my forehead and made warning bells ring in my head.

I wanted to run. Run far away from there. Without my knowing it, tears were descending down my face, and I could hear Hyun-tae asking me what was wrong.

But my eyes were still trained on him. He stood up. The chair screeched against the marble floor. And he made his way towards me.

When he was a foot away from me. I stood up. Backing away from him. My mouth opened in order to take some air.

Hyun-woo: "Well, well, well. Look who's here."

Memories—all those buried, dreadful memories flashed in front of me like a film. My whole body started shaking. Some were happy and made me want to smile, and some were so painful I wanted to scream.

Hyun-woo: "How are you, Y/N?" He smirked. His eyes held an evil glint.

Hyun-tae: "You know her?"

And before he could answer. I ran from there. I ran until I reached the grounds on the back side of the campus.

Taking support from the tree, I sat down. I brought my knees up to my chest and cried. My shoulders were shaking. I gripped my hair and pulled at it.

But then I felt someone touching my hands, freeing my hair from its twist. And when I felt the touch, I instantly froze and moved back.

Thinking it was Hyun-woo. I began crying even more. But then the person took my hands and pulled me in for a hug. I tried pulling back, but he tightened his hold on me. Not letting me leave.

Hyun-tae: "Shu, it's alright." He patted my hair. And not being able to hold everything in, I cried.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

343K 13.7K 77
Lee Yan A brat. Bitch Boss. Millionaire. Weirdo. Many secrets which she also doesn't know about, someone in world is waiting for her to meet her, th...
399K 13.9K 53
After some years of being devastated, y/n's mom got herself a new partner. And Y/n got seven stepbrothers...in disguise From not accepting her to pr...
4.3K 155 16
Book 1.7 There's a girl named jeon Y|n . She has 7 stepbrothers. There we're all happy until one day, Y|n,her mom, and her stepfather got into a acci...
191K 3.7K 32
There was a girl lived name y/n she is very innocent and childish .Her Mother married Mr kim and her life total changed with 7 stepbrothers Will th...