Winter Is Here // Game Of Thr...

By Audelia01

"You can't save someone who doesn't want to be saved" Audelia Stark of Winterfell, the beauty of the seven ki... More

Audelia Stark of Winterfell
Winter Is Coming
The King's Road
Winter Is Coming (Jaime POV)
The King's Road (Jaime POV)
The Ride (Audelia POV)
The Ride P.2 (Audelia POV)
Baratheon's dream
Honor (Jaime POV)
Bastard (Audelia's POV)
The Golden Crown(Audelia POV)
The Lion And The Wolf(Jaime POV)
A Hothead (Audelia POV)
Duty Over Love(Audelia POV)
Love Over Duty (Jaime POV)
You Win Or You Die(Audelia POV)
Baelor (Audelia POV)
Black Is My New Color(Audelia POV)
Captivity(Jaime POV)
The North Remembers (Audelia POV)
What Is Dead May Never Die (Audelia POV)
I Swear It(Jaime POV)
Rescue Mission(Audelia POV)
Love and War(Jaime POV)
Hate or Love? Tomato Tomato(Audelia POV)
Walk of Punishment (Audelia POV)
Maimed Lion (Jaime POV)
Wolf Judges the Lion(Audelia POV)
It's Time(Audelia POV)
Pain(Jaime POV)
Death From Above (Audelia POV)
The Beginning of the End(Audelia POV)
Regret(Jaime POV)
Numb(Jaime POV)
Rains of Castamere (Audelia POV)
Painful(Jaime POV)
The Purple Wedding(Jaime POV)
Revenge Goes Both Ways (Audelia POV)
Sold(Audelia POV)
Hopes to Dreams to Disappointment(Jaime POV)
Wrong(Audelia POV)
Childish Fears(Audelia POV)
A New Era(Audelia POV)
If You Think This Has A Happy Ending... You Haven't Been Paying Attention
Scars(Audelia POV)
I've Had Enough(Jaime POV)
I Am Not Afraid Of Death(Audelia POV)
Bring The Pain(Audelia POV)
How To Keep Wanting Without Ever Getting (Jaime POV)
Life-Changing News (Audelia POV)
Decisions Decisions(Audelia POV)
War Again?(Jaime POV)
Don't Make Me That Guy(Jaime POV)
Are you Stupid or an Enemy?(Audelia POV)
Planning a War(Jaime POV)
I Wish This Never Ended(Jaime POV)
The Bear (Audelia POV)
The Army I Promised(Jaime POV)
I Served House Stark Once But House Stark Is Dead(Audelia POV)
The Battle Of The Bastards (Jaime POV)
The Winds Of Winter(Audelia POV)
The Black Wolf(Audelia POV)
News from the Capital My Lord(Jaime POV)
Physical Attraction Chemical Reaction(Audelia POV)
Questions But No Answers(Audelia POV)
You Were Never Even A Player(Audelia POV)
With Love(Jaime POV)
Seven Hells(Jaime POV)
Nothing Ever Goes According To Plan(Third Person POV)
The Lone Wolf Dies(Audelia POV)
And The Pack Survives(Jaime POV)
Arrangements Can Be Made(Third Person POV)
Reuniting Brothers(Third Person POV)
Twins are not meant to be Lovers. Or are they?(Jaime POV)
The Night Gathers(Third Person POV)
In the Lion's Den(Third Person POV)
I Will Be Waiting(Third Person POV)
Old Endings and New Beginnings(Third Person POV)
Hidden Enemies and Common Friends(Audelia POV)
Second Chance(Third Person POV)
Now It Begins(Third Person)
Now It Ends (Third POV)

Assurance(Audelia POV)

1.1K 27 2
By Audelia01

My heart beat faster as I looked up at him. I was taken by surprise, although I knew it was coming soon enough. I had thought he would want to wait, to get over his son's death first, but perhaps what he needed was to have something take his mind off it, and make him whole again. I had always dreamt of him asking me those four small, insignificant words, but when they are put together, it was the biggest question of my life. 

"Yes", I breathed out, and his once sad, green orbs, turned happy. They were sparkling and shining as he let go of his walking stick, and pulled me in a bone crushing hug. I laughed out in relief, as I hugged Jaime back with the same energy.

He had stopped wearing his golden hand ever since he arrived here, although he still tried to cover it or hide it from me, he was slowly, but surely becoming for comfortable around me. Although, he was still very embarrassed whenever I had to help him dress. But I didn't mind it. I loved him, and I would do anything for him. 

"Yes, I will marry you, Jaime Lannister", I whispered into his ear.

We stayed in a hug for a long moment, he whispered me promises for the future. That he would never leave me, that he would always try to make me happy, that he would keep me safe and stay by my side no matter what. That our children would grow up happy, and that he would try his best to be the best husband and father possible. I knew that what he was saying was the truth. I trusted him with everything, my life, my baby's life, my kingdom. Absolutely everything.

"I love you so much, Lilibet", murmured Jaime as he pulled away slightly. He swayed a little on his feet and I quickly grabbed his walking stick, giving it to him. It would take him a little while to heal completely, but we had time. We could wait. We had the rest of our lives.

"I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you, my lion", I whispered back, rubbing his hairy cheek. 

There was a time, when I absolutely despised him, for everything his family did to mine. For every misfortune, I had to blame someone and I blamed him. I remember how I used to insult him, hit him when he would make a stupid advance, or yell at him. I wish I had never done that. I wished that I had realized what an amazing person he was earlier, so we could have skipped forward, and already be married. Perhaps I would never have gotten sold to the Boltons. Then again, I would never have been able to take back my home. The North.

"Would you be able to be happy here? In the North?", I asked, genuinely concerned for his answer. What if he wouldn't be? What would I do? Would I have to leave my Kingdom? Or would I have to leave Jaime?

Love over Duty.

Or duty over love.

"I have to say that it isn't my favourite place in the world", he began and I cast my eyes down to the ground, disappointed. "But I do believe that with time, and patience I could learn to love it just as fiercely as you do".

I smiled brightly at his answer, wanting to fling myself into his arms again but someone cleared their throat behind Jaime. We both turned to see who it was and I had to refrain from sighing out loud.

"Lord Baelish", I greeted him with a clenched jaw, and a tight grasp on Jaime's hand. I could see that he wanted to attack Littlefinger right here and there. The fury in his eyes terrified his opponents, but not me. I had learned the best way to deal with it, to calm him down. He always listened to me, unlike others.

"Your grace. My lord", he greeted back, bowing a little to each of us. His smug smile never leaving his face. "I am glad that you are getting better, you had us worried that you wouldn't come through for some time. Please, accept my deepest condolences about your... nephew", continued Littlefinger, taking a pause before the last word. I knew he knew about Jaime fathering the three children, and Jaime hated that. I could practically see steam coming out of Jaime's ears.

He was so happy just a moment ago, forgetting about his son's death, even for a short moment. But Littlefinger had to come along, and ruin it all. I had to get rid of him, now. It would take a couple days for Lord Royce and Lord Arryn to arrive, but when they do, Littlefinger will not know what was coming for him.

He wouldn't be around for when the true Winter began, but I could give him a taste of my Winter. I doubted he would be able to handle it.

"Is there a specific reason you are here, my lord?", I asked, trying to sound somewhat friendly.

"Yes, I had hoped we could speak in private, your Grace", he continued, looking at the Lannister. Jaime clenched his jaw even harder, stepping a bit closer to me, and more facing toward Littlefinger, silently telling him that he was not leaving, so he could go fuck himself, or say what he has to say.

"I am unfortunately rather busy, but if it's some kind of a concern, you can voice it with everybody else at the next meeting. And unless it is an emergency, I do hope we could speak at a later time, with my advisors, and the other Lord's present", I reply, giving him a fake smile. 

If Littlefinger did not get the hint now that I did not want to speak with him, then he was not half as smart as he says he is. That would be rather a disappointment. 

Lord Baelish sighed, but the smile did not leave his face as he intertwined both of his hands in front of him. "It is not a concern, but rather a suggestion. You are a young, new to the game Queen. I just want what is best for you and your rule. I want you to be happy.", continued Lord Baelish and I nodded.

"Very well, you can tell me the suggestion perhaps at a later ti-", I began saying but Littlefinger interrupted me.

"ANd safe. I want you to be safe, and happy.", he continued and I fought to keep my smile on my face.

"I am safe, I am at home, with my people, and an army, and I have Brienne, and Jaime to keep me safe. I am also very happy, as I am surrounded by family and friends. What more could I want?", I asked, and he nodded.

"Very well. I hope we can speak at a later time in private, your Grace. My lord", he bowed once more to both of us and left, walking past us.

"That ignorant, aggravating, inconvenient, pestiferous-", trailed off Jaime, naming every bad word to describe someone annoying in the book. I put a hand on his chest, comforting him. I knew Littlefinger's presence bothered Jaime a lot. It would bother him even more when I would tell him about Lord Baelish's advances towards me, but not now. I smiled gently up at him and he sighed, looking after the retreating figure of Littlefinger. 

"Why is he still here? Doesn't he have better places to be? Hiding behind my sister's skirt, perhaps?", asked Jaime, turning back around to face the courtyard, watching the men train down there. His sister was still a sensitive subject, for the both of us, but we could at least agree that she was a massive whore, and not someone to be trusted.

"Don't worry, I have already called upon a meeting, and we will soon be rid of Littlefinger for good", I replied, putting my hand on his shoulder, and resting my chin on top of it.

"How? If you just order him back to the Vale, he won't be happy, and he will do something to spite us", he asked concerned. I knew he was just trying to protect me. 

"I won't be sending him anywhere other than his own grave", I replied. I kept a normal face, not showing any kind of emotion, while Jaime's lips turned into a smile and he began chuckling.

"What's so funny?", I asked confused as to why he was reacting this way.

"He'll find out, and weasel his way through it. It won't work. THere is no way for us to get rid of him. He is always 10 steps ahead of you", he whispered, the smile disappearing from his face. He was scared, I could see it. 

"Trust me, he won't weasel his way out of this one", I assured him and he raised an eyebrow.

"How do you know?", he asked curious and confused.

"Because he loves me, and he thinks I am the stupid little girl he met when I first arrived in King's Landing for the tournament held for my father. What he doesn't realize that I am not the same girl anymore. I may be a slow learner, but I learn", I reply confidently. Jaime looked down at me lovingly, taking my face into his left hand, and bringing it closer to me, kissing me with the same passion as many years ago when it was our first kiss.

Our love did not die, it only grew stronger.

"I want you to be there at the meeting", I said after we both pulled away.

"He has done as much harm to your Family as he has done to mine. You deserve to see him die", I continue and he nods.

"The lord's won't be happy", he murmured, warning me.

"For all we know, they will die soon, so I honestly do not care about their opinion", I reply cockily, and he laughs, kissing the top of my head.

We watch the soldiers train below us. This was the balcony father and mother used to watch us from when we were kids. I remember it well. My brothers would look up at the balcony, looking for approval, I never did. I was a lady, mother constantly reminded me of that one, and I did not need to learn how to fight. Quite the opposite, she would punish me if she saw me fighting. So I had nothing to seek approval for. Perhaps that is what father loved about me so much, that I did not care what anybody else thought about me.

"I miss them all", I said suddenly, not looking at Jaime, or explaining who I meant by that. I didn't have to. He knew who I meant.

"They would be proud of you Lilibet. Just as I am", he whispered to me, resting his stick against the wall, and wrapping his flesh hand around my waist.

I hoped his words were the truth. I really did.

A while later, we decided to go back to our chambers. The maester had to examine his wounds anyway, and I finally needed to tell Maester Wolkan about my pregnancy, and have him check me, in case something was going wrong. Jaime hadn't stopped nagging me about it, and I finally decided that it was time. 

This pregnancy was easy, I had no complaints at all. Mother used to tell me how hard her second pregnancy, which coincidentally was with me, was so hard. I don't know if it was the truth or another way of her telling me that I was a pain in her ass since the very beginning. 

Nonetheless, Jaime was constantly concerned. I understood why, his own mother died during childbirth, but I am sure that if there was anything to be concerned about, we would have noticed by now.

"The wounds are healing nicely, my Lord. Although I would advise to not move so much, your body is already under enough pressure. Perhaps bed rest would be the best option, considering your age, and the extent of the wounds", explained Maester Wolkan as he changed the wound fabric. Jaime as usual did not really pay attention, mostly looking over at me. He simply didn't seem to be bothered with his health. But someone had to be.

"How much longer?", I asked the Maester.

"I would advise a couple days of bed rest, for the leg mostly, and then a couple more days with the walking stick. After that, it is when my Lord feels at his best he could continue training and whatnot", replied Maester Wolkan and I nodded, satisfied with the answer. I looked over at Jaime, and he was already watching me intently, with a small smirk on his face.

"If that is all, your Grace", said the Maester, bowing and ready to leave but I stopped him, getting up and walking to him to speak in private. Jaime watched me curiously as I whispered to the Maester, but he knew what it was about. He just didn't understand why I was embarrassed to talk about it in front of him.

"Maester Wolkan, I am about half way through my pregnancy. Would you be able to check if everything is going according to plan?", I asked, my voice quieter. The Maester was taken aback with surprise, but quickly regained himself.

"Of course, your grace. Congratulations are in order then.", he said and smiled at me. He took it better than I expected, but then again he never expressed any kind of dislike towards Jaime, so perhaps he was alright with this.

"I do hope it can stay between us. I don't want anybody else finding out about my situation. Not at this time", I continued and he nodded. He explained what he would be checking and how, thankfully it was nothing that would make me uncomfortable. It was just touching my pregnant belly to see the position of the child, and if there was anything abnormal. 

I could feel Jaime's eyes bearing holes in the back of the Maester's head as he examined me. Not because he did not like Wolkan touching me but he wanted to see his reaction, if there was anything wrong. According to him, Maesters had a tendency sometimes not to tell someone if there was something from with them. He was watching us like a Hawk until the maester finished, declaring that everything was alright. 

"Are you sure?", asked Jaime still not letting it go. "Because if I find out that you are lying-".

"Thank you Maester Wolkan. You were a great help. Please excuse Lord Jaime, he is tired", I said, smiling and at the last part, I turned to face my beloved, future husband, giving him a death glare. Some day, his cockiness, and threats would be the death of me.

"Any time. Your Grace, my lord", he bowed, leaving quickly. He hadn't reacted in any way to the unfinished threat, I guess he has gotten used to them when the Boltons still occupied the castle.

"Do you absolutely trust him?", asked Jaime as soon as the door closed. I rolled my eyes, walking over to him.

"Of course I do, he is the Maester. He saved your life, don't forget.", I reminded him and he nods reluctantly.

"It doesn't mean that he is completely trustworthy. What if he was paid off by Baelish, or Cercei?", asked Jaime, frantic about his suspicions, but I took his face, making him face me, and shutting him up.

"Jaime, calm down. He is not a threat. I trust him, and so should you", I whispered, giving him a quick peck on the lips. He sighed but reluctantly nodded in agreement. I got a little more comfortable next to him, resting my head on his shoulder.

"I want to have the wedding after Jon returns. If that's alright?", I said suddenly and he looked at me, smiling so softly. It was such a rare sight to see him like this.

"Of course", he replied, and we settled back but then he moved to look at me again. "Where is Jon going?".

I wasn't sure how to tell him that the daughter of the King he had murdered was asking to see him. He would not be happy to know that we are planning to ally with her against the White Walkers, and perhaps Cercei in the future. But I could not lie to him. He would find out eventually anyway, and I would rather it be from me.

"Queen Daenerys Stormborn of House Targaryen has summoned Jon Snow to Dragonstone.", I finally say.

I must say, for a man that is injured, and approaching his older years, I did not expect him to sit up so quickly. 

"What?!", he yelled and I flinched slightly. "The daughter of the Mad King summons your brother? And you are just going to let him go?".

"Jaime, calm down", I beg him but he stood up in a moment's time, starting to walk across the room back and forth. Well, walk was a strong word, more like limp. His hand was in his hair as he tried to calm himself. "Jaime-".

"Audelia, she is the daughter of the Mad King. They call her a Conqueror. She has three dragons, and last I heard a Horde of Dothraki men. At least 100,000 men", he continued, not listening to me at all.

"Yes, she does. She has the Unsullied as well. Which makes her a powerful ally to have during the Long Night. We need her, whether you like it or not if we are to stand a chance against Death", I explain but he just shook his head, completely unhappy with all of this.

I knew what he was thinking. That I had never seen the Mad King and what he did, and that is why I was not at all concerned about his daughter. But that was not what was happening.

"Jaime. You cannot judge a daughter by her father's mistakes. She had never met him.", I tried to reason but he didn't stop. 

"All the Targaryens are the same. All they know is Fire and Blood. Having her fight for us, is going to make us in debt to her, and she will demand that you bend the knee to her when she takes the Seven Kingdoms. We both know you won't do that", continued Jaime, looking at me frantically, with his wide green Lannister eyes.

"Yes, perhaps. But we first need to survive the Long Night. Fire kills the white walkers, and what is better than three dragons, breathing fire from above? We need her, if we want our baby to have a chance to live", I argue and his eyes softened considerably as he stopped pacing, and walked closer to me. 

"And if we do? What then?", he asked, sitting down next to me once again, and resting his hand on my pregnant belly. He just wanted to protect what was dear to him, and I understood that. He has lost too much, and gained so much in such a short amount of time, that he feels like he might lose me and the babe at any given moment.

"She is not her father", I insist and he looks at me unsure.

"Let Jon speak with her. Tyrion wrote the letter, he wouldn't have invited or supported Daenerys if she were anything like the Mad King. I trust Tyrion. He would make the right choice", I continue and his eyes darkened at the mention of his brother. Of course he was unhappy. He blamed himself that his father, and his children died. Perhaps if he hadn't released Tyrion, his father, and his two younger children would be alive. Alas they are not.

"We have to trust a stranger in order to survive", I continue in a whisper as I try to persuade Jaime. He sighs deeply, and I could see the same pain I saw the night at Harrenhal when he told me about the Mad King. He would never be able to trust Daenerys fully, but perhaps he could be civil enough until all of this was over.

"Fine", he finally said. "I trust you, and if you believe that this could work, then we have to at least try".

"You are the best", I said with a wide smile, kissing his cheek.

"I know".

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.3K 137 9
'Oh Lord, Oh Lord, what have I done? I've fallen in love with a man on the run Oh Lord, Oh Lord, I'm begging you please Don't take that sinner from m...
227K 3.7K 19
- UNDER EDITING - On the day that her father, the Mad King Aerys II, was killed, Princess Visenya Targaryen, the true heir to the Iron Throne, became...
3.4K 89 27
Winter is coming, and Lyra Stark, adopted daughter of Eddard Stark, Lord of Winterfell and Warden of the North, travels to King's Landing with her fa...
36.1K 1.5K 11
Lyarra Stark. Twin sister of Robb Stark. Daughter of Eddard and Cathlyn Stark. Big sister to Sansa, Arya, Bran and Rickon. Brave. Strong. Faithful. P...