SMILE.┃ park jongseong ✔︎

By page_sandy

❝ Fuck off. ❞ He's the type of man she despised. It all started when a girl, whose paranormal disability was... More

Characters
Prologue
Chapter 001
Chapter 002
Chapter 003
Chapter 004
Chapter 005
Chapter 006
Chapter 007
Chapter 008
Chapter 009
Chapter 010
Chapter 011
Chapter 012
Chapter 013
Chapter 014
Chapter 015
Chapter 016
Chapter 017
Chapter 018
Chapter 019
Chapter 020
Chapter 021
Chapter 022
Chapter 023
Chapter 024
Chapter 025
Chapter 026
Chapter 027
Chapter 028
Chapter 029
Chapter 030
Chapter 031
Chapter 032
Chapter 033
Chapter 034
Chapter 035
Chapter 036
Chapter 037
Chapter 038
Chapter 039
Chapter 040
Chapter 041
Chapter 042
Chapter 043
Chapter 044
Chapter 045
Chapter 046
Chapter 047
Chapter 048
Chapter 049
Chapter 050
Chapter 051
Chapter 052
Chapter 053
Chapter 054
Chapter 055
Chapter 056
Chapter 057
Chapter 058
Chapter 059
Chapter 060
Chapter 061
Chapter 062
Chapter 063
Chapter 064
Chapter 065
Chapter 066
Chapter 067
Chapter 068
Chapter 069
Chapter 070
Chapter 071
Chapter 072
Chapter 073
Chapter 074
Chapter 075
Chapter 076
Chapter 077
Chapter 078
Chapter 079
Chapter 080
Chapter 081
Chapter 082
Chapter 083
Chapter 084
Chapter 085
Chapter 086
Chapter 087
Chapter 088
Chapter 089
Chapter 090
Chapter 091
Chapter 092
Chapter 093
Chapter 094
Epilogue
Special Chapter
Author's note + Explanation

Chapter 095

4.9K 360 750
By page_sandy

ılı.lıllılı.ıllı.
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻
Play the song from above⬆️
Song:"You are" by Klang

(A/n; fun fact : the story idea of smile actually got inspired from the drama above ;)

« murder »

❝ She got kidnapped by your current wife Hwang Mina that day. ❞

The CEO froze as both of his inside and out tensed up the moment he figured out that the detective words were true and not lying. The taken photos showed an eight-year-old Mijin being grabbed by his mistress back in the days...when the kiddo was supposed to be going on a field trip with her school.

Mijin seemed to be badly beaten in the pictures, traumatized enough to forget her real identity cause of her horrifying stepmother.

How could Mina do this to a poor child? He was even more disgusted than ever.

❝ There's also video footage at the CCTV if you wanna take a look-❞

But before the young man could pull a break at his words, the fierce CEO slammed his clenched fists onto the office table as anger busted down inside of him.

❝ It's enough, you can leave now. Plastering a faint expression although he internally wasn't okay to greet the so-called news that differed a lot from his liking.

Nodding, the detective took it as a no and left. The aggressive man just yielded on expressing anger aloud in the office since the subordinates would probably think wrong of him.

Why did she even take her anger out on the innocent child from years ago? Being his mistress wasn't a nice reputation and all but he fairly loved her his wife-but not as much as how much he loved Mijin's mother.

She was his first love but never meant to cheat behind her back just being based on a wrong mistake which messed things up.

How will he even think of his dead wife now that he'd witnessed the news that it was his mistress who led his biological daughter into unlovely chaos and mess?

Irritably dailing the numbers quick, the CEO rang the housekeeper's phone and just told her the importance which he needed to handle the situation afterwards.

❝ Don't let Lady Hwang escape the house once she's in, understand? ❞

Things must be solved and she must apologise to his daughter for committing such crazy behaviours based on ego in the tainted past.

-

Arriving at the parking lot with a cold atmosphere, the mother and daughter had tension as they walked by to a remote area before they reached their car.

❝ Mom, are you mad at m- ❞

Then the puzzled woman slapped, not even letting her daughter speak out the reasons and complaints. This wasn't what she'd been wanting all along and she'd received a harsh impact by her mother on the face now? Life really was falling apart for Hwang Mijoo as happiness was nowhere to be seen again for her.

❝ I didn't raise you for so many years to repay me with a trashy result. ❞ , the woman speaks with a straight face as Mijoo gulps down her nerves since she'd never felt this frightened of her mom being mad at her before. She thought her life's at least still stable rather than being completely torn apart....

She thought that her mother wouldn't mind, no matter what happens but guess she's wrong.

❝ Do you think I spent all of my money on you just so you can disappoint me like this? ❞ The embarrassment of losing to a rival couldn't be replaceable with other feelings and Mijoo'd also tried her best. Couldn't she compliment that she'd done a great job and can do better next time?

❝ I'm ashamed to have a daughter like you. ❞

The heart-breaking comment slipped out of her own mother's mouth as Mijoo couldn't keep herself away from streaming tears down her cheeks. All she wanted to be was a perfect daughter for her but now she's too blind to see that?

❝ Mom, I also want to become a good daughter for you! I've always wanted to! ❞ Scowling with a scrunched face as she sobs, the youngster finally let go of the clustered words which she'd been always meaning to tell but never got the chance to.

Her mother never saw her value and that's the point she needed to understand.

❝ But what can I do when you won't see my efforts and that I'm trying? Do you also think it's amazing to live when your parents don't even see your worth? ❞ Her raspy voice was shaking as she speaks, crying the heck out at the remote parking lot since she'd never felt this paranoid by her parents. She wasn't just a human toy for them to use her.

❝ Your efforts? How do they advantage then? Tell me.❞

Being so done with her mother, the flustered girl just ran away as the salty tears fell down her cheeks like an endless waterfall.

She's right all along.

There's no one by her side after everything she's been through as they didn't care about her at all.

_

Stepping outside her black pitched car, the elegant woman just entered her house whilst being pissed since she's confident that her daughter had enough talent to beat some rat who just won a jackpot for nothing in the end. Mijoo really disappointed her this time since she didn't know where to put her face after losing to her step-daughter.

❝ Congratulatio-❞

❝ Shut your mouth, will you? ❞

Rudely getting cut off by the rich woman, the maid had no other choice but to seal her lips shut rather than speaking out applauding remark. Something must've gone wrong with the rich family to react this way. ❝ Is there something wrong ma'am? ❞ A fierce glare was thrown by the woman rather than explaining in detail. Hwang Mijin that little piece of trash was messing her life up in a bad way.

Just when they're talking about the young lady who's achieved what her mother might've wanted her to if she's still alive, the gorgeous girl stepped into the house with a beaming smile and Jongseong by her side.

❝ Tsk, even bringing man into the house now. What a brat. ❞ , insulted the older woman as she shook her head in a displeased manner.

Mijin couldn't believe the amount of disrespect which she's getting right now, and from no one else but her stepmother who keeps trying to drown her into the bad. ❝ Aigoo. ❞ Mijin sighed heavily since she couldn't believe the middle-aged woman behaving like a child and picking on her for no reason just because her daughter lost. She might be years older than Mijin but her mindset was not.

❝ Shall I make pasta for you, m'lady? ❞ Jongseong snakes an arm around her tiny wrist, making the female snicker since his usage of cliché honorifics tickled the bottom of her heart that she's incapable of staying poker-faced because of this dude.

❝ I'd be delighted to eat your talent too, sir. ❞ Playing along with the dramatic show, the young girl coos before adorably squishing her lover's cheeks. Jay was invited cause of Mijin's father request since he owed him a thank you for making his young daughter win.

The evening sky dominated across the scenery as Mijin and Jongseong with mugs in their hands chuckled when the wintry breeze kissed their cheeks. ❝ Aren't you cold? Do you want me to hug you? ❞ Adding a wink behind his sentence, the young man lovingly got his girlfriend off guard as she side-eyed the goofball with a smirk.

❝ Gosh, you cheesy corn. ❞ Suddenly giving a silly name, Mijin just patted her soulmate's head. ❝ It's turning late, you should probably go back. ❞ Pouting at the girl's concerned demand, the dissatisfied boy wanted to spend more time with her but guess time's flying too fast for them.

❝ One last hug please. ❞ The gentleman begged for one last time before carefully embracing the little spoon inside his hearty hug and protective arms. His manly cologne was really having a beautiful scent no matter what as Mijin just gained butterflies in her stomach whenever he's with her.

She didn't wanna let go of herself from the surface of love which trapped her like a parallel universe with no return button.

But Mijin didn't seem to mind, as long as she's with the one who she loves.

Exiting at the same time as the two soulmates from their room, Mijin's stepmother looked like she had somewhere to go but what caught Mijin's attraction was that the security and bodyguards wouldn't let her go.

❝ What do you think you're doing? ❞ , Mina with anger-flaming eyes asks.

Mijin and Jongseong also glanced at each other in surprise since the old woman wasn't an eleven-year-old for her to be grounded in the house since she's one of the elders who partially owned this house. ❝ Sorry Mrs Hwang, it's Boss' command. You can't go out of this house.❞ The security guards shielded the doorway with all of them, leaving the hopeless woman with no choice but to be stuck inside the house.

❝ Do you think it's fucking funny? Get out of the way before I fire you all. ❞ , threatening with her death-glaring eyes, the fearless woman states as it made Mijin shake her head from afar.

❝ Can't do Mrs Hwang Mina. ❞

They're testing her limits.....at the wrong time.

Leaving to get something from her room, Mina returned with some menacing weapon as everyone in the room turned wide-eyed after analyzing what the woman had in her hands.

❝ I said, MOVE. ❞

Demandingly pointing a gun towards them, the woman just tried to escape the house as soon as possible since she's set on an appointment with her sister, who's a witch and the same person who'd put on a curse on Mijin.

❝ We can't disobey sir Myungsik-❞

But the complaining bodyguard lost his chances to continue breathing since the woman pulled the trigger without herself even knowing.

Mijoo who'd just come back from taking some fresh air also remained shocked when she saw a pile of crimson blood rolling on their floor and her mother holding a gun......

Mijin didn't expect the sudden gunshot as she flinched so bad before Jongseong calmed her shivering skin down. Jay couldn't believe this moronic woman who's doing everything she wanted to do like a silly child who didn't know what limits mean. Even psychotic enough to shoot people now...

❝ Mom.....w-what did you just do? ❞ , Mijoo weakly asks as her mind tensed up whenever seeing the dead cadaver on their ground.

Just following along the dead body, Mijoo's mother tried to grab her daughter by the hand before merging to leave the house behind but was prevented on her way back home since her husband appeared at least with a huge number of police officers.

❝ Kang Mina, what the heck did you do?! ❞ Calling out his second wife by her original name, Mijin's father was even more distressed since he never knew that he had to marry such a disgusting woman.

Slowly retreating her steps since the police were still there, Mijoo's mother disappointedly roamed her eyes around the spot before pointing her guns towards Mijin who felt hopeless.

❝ Don't come closer, or you can say bye-bye to your precious daughter. ❞ With a wicked smirk, the woman hissed as Mijoo terribly bit her lip in sadness and horror that her mother's behaving this way.

❝ Mom, please stop....❞ Mijoo got on her knees since she also felt horrified because of her own mother who's slowly transforming into a monster...just for her?

❝ Shut up Hwang Mijoo, I didn't kill her mother for nothing. ❞

Silence and a huge amount of shock engulfed Mijin as a terrified expression was replaced onto her steady face as Mijin badly wanted to fall unconscious and wish she wasn't capable of hearing the sudden news.

What did she just hear?

Her mom wasn't suicidal all along but it was her filthy stepmother who murdered her...?

Kang Mina didn't even deserve to be called a human after what she'd done all along.

Jay was nearly as shocked as Mijin to overcome the sudden news which she wasn't prepared for. Probably because this wasn't something which they wished to hear. If Mijin's agony towards Mijoo and her mother could be put into numbers, it'd be limitless.

❝ How can you fucking do such a thing?! ❞ , the current CEO screamed out loud as he refused to believe that he's a dumbass living in his mistress' games his whole life. He never planned to betray his wife but because of his one mistake within a night, the responsible man had no other choice.

The wicked blood chuckles, amused to receive all the terrified reaction from everyone as Mijin even felt weakened than she already has been. Her poor mother lost her life in a stranger's bloodied hands. ❝ I can do anything for our Mijoo, I won't let you fuckers destroy my daughter's future. ❞ She threatens whilst maintaining a sinful gaze onto Mijin.

❝ Especially you. ❞

Rather than being touched by her mother's thoughts on her and that she actually wishes a bright future for her, Mijoo felt even more guilty on behalf of her mother after what she'd done. It's heart-warming for a parent to create a successful future for their child, but it's also important for it to be not in the wrong way.

Firmly pulling the jet-black trigger, the woman didn't even hesitate to clear off the young adult's life with her ruthless decision.

❝ Mijin....❞

An exclamation was made as Mijin wasn't able to process what was coming ahead of her as a loud shot was made inside the huge mansion.

The next thing she could only feel was Jongseong's aromatic presence wrapping around her soul as he hid her head tightly on his chest. His embrace was lovely and warm like always but Mijin was unsure whether this hug was supposed to occur at the moment.

Staring up at her beloved soulmate, the girl got represented a heart-fluttering smile with serenity from Jongseong before the sparks in his eyes disappeared while falling unconscious onto the ground as he collapsed fully with all the senses losing inside him.

❝ Jayjay! ❞

_

It's been more than a day since Mijin last saw the smile which she loved to see the most as the girl's been lingering for her soulmate to be awakened anytime soon if fate ever spared some mercy for the two sweethearts.

It wouldn't be honest if Mijin says that she didn't blame herself for indirectly making Jay injured. Nothing would've happened if she didn't let Jay take her place.

What if he doesn't wake up from his sleep? It's been almost a month ever since he started falling into a coma when the bullet thoroughly went inside his head when he was hugging Mijin that day.

❝ I-Idiot....w-why did you even do that? I don't deserve a precious human being like you. ❞ Mumbling through the sobs, Mijin hatred the fact that Jay's too caring and good to her when she completely felt like a loser who wasn't able to do anything.

Mijin's stepmother was probably behind the cell bars by now that justice had done its job that night after shooting Jay instead of Mijin. The bipolar woman was now stuck in jail but Mijin wasn't satisfied since she's close to losing someone who's the most essential to her life...

❝ Jayjay, please come back home.... ❞

Rubbing her tear-stained cheeks with his pearly hands, the girl tried to reassure herself with his comforting warmth which she'd be missing. The playful and goofy Jongseong-ie which she'd always use to see was now all blue and grey.

It reminded her of her past image which she used to be like when they first but now, she'd found her saviour.

As if the two soulmates switched their lives.

A gentle movement startled Mijin as she felt the motionless hand unexpectedly tickling her cheeks while trying to move out of her grip. ❝ J-Jongseong-ah.... ❞ Was it a dream? If then, Mijin surely didn't want this beautiful dream to end somehow.

The numb boy with a huge bandage on his head woke up at last as Mijin felt her heartbeats increasing fast. ❝ Jay-ah! ❞ With emotional tears on her cheeks, Mijin lovingly hugged her soulmate tight, hoping that he'd be at least relieved like her but she got it wrong so bad.

Jay didn't utter a thing and just distanced himself from her after quickly pulling away from the hug which only lasted for seconds. Mijin's dumbfounded by the consequences as the two examined each other's gazes...which made them feel like isolated strangers who'd never met before.

❝ Sorry if I offend you or anything but, ❞ , he starts with his charming voice which Mijin always loves to hear.

But the next words to escape out of his pale lips weren't lovable at all.

❝ Who are you? ❞

« end of a chapter »

IM CERTAINLY NOT READY TO END THIS BOOK

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.3K 628 17
Imagine your everyday life is usually pretty boring. Always just scrolling social media and thinking about what it would be like to be rich and famou...
509K 23.2K 43
„𝙃𝙚 𝙢𝙖𝙙𝙚 𝙢𝙮 𝙡𝙞𝙛𝙚 𝙖 𝙡𝙞𝙫𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙝𝙚𝙡𝙡" Bully AU She calls him a little devil. He may have a handsome face but there is a lot more beh...
14.1K 557 41
they are just ordinary people. but their stories are different. one live a normal life and one was miserable. one day, fate brings them together. sta...
102K 4.1K 34
❝ sunghoon, please be here in the morning ... i don't like waking up alone. ❞ ❝ i'll be here. ❞ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 ───── ˎˊ˗ 𝗰𝗵𝗼𝗶 𝘀𝗼𝗿𝗮 is born...