Winter Is Here // Game Of Thr...

By Audelia01

"You can't save someone who doesn't want to be saved" Audelia Stark of Winterfell, the beauty of the seven ki... More

Audelia Stark of Winterfell
Winter Is Coming
The King's Road
Winter Is Coming (Jaime POV)
The King's Road (Jaime POV)
The Ride (Audelia POV)
The Ride P.2 (Audelia POV)
Baratheon's dream
Honor (Jaime POV)
Bastard (Audelia's POV)
The Golden Crown(Audelia POV)
The Lion And The Wolf(Jaime POV)
A Hothead (Audelia POV)
Duty Over Love(Audelia POV)
Love Over Duty (Jaime POV)
You Win Or You Die(Audelia POV)
Baelor (Audelia POV)
Black Is My New Color(Audelia POV)
Captivity(Jaime POV)
The North Remembers (Audelia POV)
What Is Dead May Never Die (Audelia POV)
I Swear It(Jaime POV)
Rescue Mission(Audelia POV)
Love and War(Jaime POV)
Hate or Love? Tomato Tomato(Audelia POV)
Walk of Punishment (Audelia POV)
Maimed Lion (Jaime POV)
Wolf Judges the Lion(Audelia POV)
It's Time(Audelia POV)
Pain(Jaime POV)
Death From Above (Audelia POV)
The Beginning of the End(Audelia POV)
Regret(Jaime POV)
Numb(Jaime POV)
Rains of Castamere (Audelia POV)
Painful(Jaime POV)
The Purple Wedding(Jaime POV)
Revenge Goes Both Ways (Audelia POV)
Sold(Audelia POV)
Hopes to Dreams to Disappointment(Jaime POV)
Wrong(Audelia POV)
Childish Fears(Audelia POV)
A New Era(Audelia POV)
If You Think This Has A Happy Ending... You Haven't Been Paying Attention
Scars(Audelia POV)
I've Had Enough(Jaime POV)
I Am Not Afraid Of Death(Audelia POV)
Bring The Pain(Audelia POV)
How To Keep Wanting Without Ever Getting (Jaime POV)
Life-Changing News (Audelia POV)
Decisions Decisions(Audelia POV)
War Again?(Jaime POV)
Don't Make Me That Guy(Jaime POV)
Are you Stupid or an Enemy?(Audelia POV)
Planning a War(Jaime POV)
I Wish This Never Ended(Jaime POV)
The Bear (Audelia POV)
The Army I Promised(Jaime POV)
I Served House Stark Once But House Stark Is Dead(Audelia POV)
The Battle Of The Bastards (Jaime POV)
The Winds Of Winter(Audelia POV)
The Black Wolf(Audelia POV)
News from the Capital My Lord(Jaime POV)
Physical Attraction Chemical Reaction(Audelia POV)
Assurance(Audelia POV)
You Were Never Even A Player(Audelia POV)
With Love(Jaime POV)
Seven Hells(Jaime POV)
Nothing Ever Goes According To Plan(Third Person POV)
The Lone Wolf Dies(Audelia POV)
And The Pack Survives(Jaime POV)
Arrangements Can Be Made(Third Person POV)
Reuniting Brothers(Third Person POV)
Twins are not meant to be Lovers. Or are they?(Jaime POV)
The Night Gathers(Third Person POV)
In the Lion's Den(Third Person POV)
I Will Be Waiting(Third Person POV)
Old Endings and New Beginnings(Third Person POV)
Hidden Enemies and Common Friends(Audelia POV)
Second Chance(Third Person POV)
Now It Begins(Third Person)
Now It Ends (Third POV)

Questions But No Answers(Audelia POV)

1K 28 3
By Audelia01

(I'm so sorry, guys, the previous chapter did not turn out the way I wanted it to, so I took it down. I didn't think it through enough, so just disregard it if you have read it, we are going a whole different way everybody, and forget about it. Sorry for the inconvenience (this just continues where we left off of from the chapter before the one I deleted))

I held Jaime until he was finally able to fall asleep. His head was firmly pressed against my chest as I ran my fingers through his long, dirty hair. Most of the roots had already greyed, leaving only the tips of his hair gold. Most of that gold hair looked brown though. Nothing like the cocky lion I had met the first day he arrived in Winterfell. Yet I still loved him more than anything in the world.

He was my home. My life. My world.

And he was absolutely destroyed by the news of his son's death. And I wasn't sure if I could ever help him get back together. 

I kissed his head lovingly, and he moved a little in his dreams, cuddling further into my chest.

If you had told me that I would be pregnant, and with Jaime in Winterfell as the Queen in the North back when I was in King's Landing, I would have laughed in your face. I never thought I would get back home, nevermind with Jaime. But here we are.

I carefully moved from under him, resting his head back on a pillow. I could see him pout in his sleep, and move a little to the side to make himself more comfortable. I had to go finish some duties as a Queen first. 

I quickly got dressed, and quietly left the room, lingering in the doorway for a moment to remember the sight of Jaime. He was absolutely perfect. More than I could ever have asked for.

In my office, a few letters that required answering, and a couple documents to sign awaited me. It didn't take me long to get through, as I had seen my father do this more times than I can count. I always thought that what he did was fascinating. He tried to teach my brothers what it meant to be a Lord, but it never really went well. However, I was more willing to listen and learn than anybody else. It was a surprise to my mother who could not even get me in the same room as the Septa for some time as a child.

I kept those memories close to me, always remembering them to make sure I never forget. As if I could. Father, Mother, Robb, Rickon were gone, their time in this world was over. And although it ended so unexpectedly, and harshly, it is something we need to get used to. Jon, Sansa, possibly Arya and Bran, and I were not finished. We still have time. 

And that is alright.

So I finally had enough courage to visit my father in the crypts. Robb's body was practically destroyed when he was killed, and then carried around on sticks back at the Twins. Mother's body was apparently dropped into a river, so there was no way of getting her. But at least Father and Rickon were back home. Where they belong.

The crypts were silent, and dark except for the soft glow of the candles. It didn't take me long to find Rickon's statue, it was much shorter than everybody else's, since he died so young. The statue looked a lot like Rickon, but not the Rickon I would always remember. The childish, giggly, tiny Rickon that was my little brother. 

I remembered when Rickon had a nightmare. Instead of going to mother, or any of our other siblings, he came to me to comfort him. He knew I would never ask questions like my siblings, or baby him like our mother. I would just be what he wanted me to be for him. That night I mostly spend telling him different stories I have heard or read about. I never found out what had troubled my brother in his dreams, he never said, but I never pushed for him to say. 

"I am so sorry Rickon. I love you", I whispered as I put a lighted candle in my brother's hand. I looked up to his face, and felt a tear stream down my cheek. His time was over.

After a moment longer, I moved on to my father's grave. His statue hadn't changed, still looked nothing like him. I'd have to have the servants remake it, I had a portrait of father, hopefully they could change it but it was the least of our concern at the moment. 

I lighted another candle, putting it on my father's stone grave. I didn't know what to say or think. I had no words to justify everything that I did and did not do. But I hoped that I didn't need to. It was comforting to think that my father knew what I couldn't tell him. 

"I delivered the bones back myself", said Littlefinger from behind me. I quickly pulled my cape closer to me, to cover my pregnant belly. It was getting harder and harder to hide it, it was barely visible but judging by my physique, a pregnancy would be very noticeable. I was not ready for people to start finding out about.... my situation.

"Presented them to your mother as a gesture of goodwill from Tyrion Lannister", he continued, getting closer and I turned back towards my father's statue.

"I was sorry when he died. Your father and I had our differences but he loved your mother very much. So did I.", he continued again and I refrained myself from sighing hard.

"You don't belong down here, Lord Baelish", I said suddenly, fed up with his lies, and riddles, and empty promises. 

"Forgive me, your grace?", he asked confused.

"I have nothing to say to you, Petyr. I believe I have said and showed everything I wanted to", I continued.

"Not even thank you? If it weren't for me, you would have been slaughtered out there in the Battle", he asked with his signature smirk. 

"And if it weren't for me, Lysa Arryn would still rule with her son over the Vale, and you would not have nearly as much power as you do now", I reply cockily.

"You have many enemies, My Queen but I swear to you, I am not one of them", replied Baelish, getting closer to me once again, and I put my hand out to stop him.

"I believe you should go", I said quietly, looking into his dark eyes. "While you still can".

"Is that a threat?", he asked, taking a step back.

"It is whatever you'd like it to be", I reply, smiling at him. I nodded and walked past him out of the crypts.

I needed a plan to get rid of him, and soon. I felt like I was treading on quick sand around him, I knew he was planning something already. But I needed a good cause, good evidence. Maybe not.

"Your grace", bowed one of the guards as I was passing by on my way to my chambers. 

"Write a letter to Lord Robin Arryn of the Vale, and Lord Royce, I would like them to attend a meeting here at Winterfell at once. Inform the other Lord's as well.", I order him and he nods.

"Specific reason for the meeting, your grace?", he asked.

"They'll find out when they get here", I reply dismissively. He nods and I walk away, but not before admiring the snowy lands in front of me. The North would never stop being so beautiful to me. I just hope that with time Jaime can also learn to appreciate it.

"Your grace!", Maester Wolkan quickly caught up to me. I looked back at him, sighing inwardly. I didn't realize being a Queen meant that I could no longer spend quality time with my beloved.

"Yes Maester Wolkan", I greeted him and he handed me a letter from a raven. "Who send it?".

"Queen Daenerys Stormborn of House Targaryen", he replied, making me snap my head up.

"What does she want?", I asked mostly to myself.

"The letter was addressed to Jon Snow, but I thought I would tell you about it first.", explained the Maester and I nodded.

"Thank you Maester Wolkan. You may go", he bowed and walked away while I turned to the snow filled lands before me. Taking in a deep breath, I opened the letter for my brother. If it was from the Targaryen Queen, she most likely wanted us to plead allegiance to her.

Truth be told, I had completely forgotten about her existence. Or the fact that she has a Dothraki horde, an army of the Unsullied, and three Dragons. According to the letter, anyway. Tyrion send it, and at the bottom he said something that he told me and Jon in the first night we had met. It was after I had left the feast to join Jon outside and keep him company. 

It was him. 

So he had chosen to side with the Targaryen Queen. She must be something then. Better than Cercei if Tyrion chose to support her as her Hand. At least there were good news. But I did not want Jon going to Dragonstone alone. 

Stark's didn't fare well with the Targaryens. 

Every since the Mad King burned my grandfather and Uncle alive.

I would accompany him, but I couldn't. I was not only a Queen, but I was also pregnant. And I was almost halfway through my pregnancy. It would not benefit anyone if I began having contractions on Dragonstone. Besides, Jaime would never let me go. 

We needed the armies, and the dragons to fight the Dead. Fire kills White Walkers. What breathes fire?

"From whom is the letter?", asked a voice behind me. 

"Daenerys Stormborn", I replied, looking down at the short piece of parchment once more.

"What does she want?", asked Jon as he joined me by my side. I decided to not hide anything from him. He deserved to know the truth and nothing but the truth.

"She wants you to come to Dragonstone", I replied and his eyes widened at that.

"Me? Why me?", he asked, alarmed.

"I am not sure. Tyrion didn't say. But Jon, she has two of the best armies of the world, and three dragons. To fight the dead, that may just be enough", I urge and I knew that he would also agree. But if he didn't want to go to Dragonstone, I wouldn't push him. Someone else could go.

"And you are sure it is not a trap, or some ploy?", he asked and I nodded, handing him the letter.

"Read the last bit", I tell him and he reads it. The same look I got when I read it passed through his face.

"It's true", he said, rolling the paper back up and handing it back to me.

"What do you want me to do?", he asked, leaning on the stone.

"When have you asked me that? It's the first time ever", I replied jokingly, he smiled and turned to me.

"You are my Queen. Now and always. And I do as you command", he replied. Of course he would.

"We need her dragons, and her armies if we are to stand a chance against the Night King. But if you don't feel comfortable with going there...", I trailed off but he stopped me.

"I'll go. I will negotiate with her", he proposed and I smiled softly at him.

"You don't have to if you do not want to", I said, trying to give him a chance to leave. But he shook his head.

"I want to. For my Queen", he replied, giving my forehead a peck.

I smiled up at him, and sighed.

"Why can't this nightmare ever be over?", I asked rhetorically. "It just keeps dragging on and on, killing more and more innocent souls".

"I've heard about Tommen. How is he?", asked Jon, sounding genuinely concerned, and I decided not to lie to him.

"Destroyed. He blames himself", I reply quieter. 

"He will get through it, I know it", Jon tried to sound supportive and I thanked him for his efforts.

As if on cue, Jon nudged my shoulder to my left, and I saw Jaime with his god awful walking stick, failing miserably at walking. I stifled a laugh as Jaime turned the corner trying to get to me.

"I hope you are feeling better, my lord", said Jon. I was proud of him, he put his differences with Jaime aside, and began accepting him, just as I had asked the Lords to do. 

"I am, thank you", he replied, trying to smile but we could both tell that it was fake. His sad eyes gave it away. 

"Well I will leave you two then", said Jon after a moment, nodding to both of us and walking away. 

"You should have stayed in bed. The maester hadn't cleared you to move so much yet", I said, unraveling his cape a little more so it covered more of him.

"I'm alright. I couldn't stand to stay in that room for a moment longer", he mumbled back, getting a better grip of his walking stick. I smiled up at him, rubbing his hand gently.

"Do you want anything? Do you have any pains?", I asked. His pale skin, and the circles under his eyes made me concerned. He needed to recover fast. 

"No, I'm alright", he replied weakly, looking around.

We didn't say anything, just enjoying each other's company. We didn't even need to say anything to each other, we could communicate just using our eyes. I could tell what he was feeling when I looked into them, and he could do the same with me. 

The people below us hadn't noticed him yet, they most likely completely forgot about his existence. That was for the best while he recovered. 

"I never truly appreciated the beauty of the North. And I don't just mean you", said Jaime, giving me a rare, genuine smirk. I had missed seeing it. It was a sign that he was coming back to himself. But it would take time.

"You flatter me, Ser", I reply, smiling brightly up at him. 

I could see my Jaime.

I could remember the first time I saw him since he got captured by my brother. Brienne was leading him back to Riverrun, and a couple Northmen attacked them. I could still see his surprised face as he saw me. I remember that night when it had rained, he held me close to him to warm me up. When he lost his hand, I was there trying to stop the bleeding. I could never forget the face he had, pure hopelessness. He was destroyed back then, but he managed to pick himself back up, perhaps not completely, according to Sansa, but enough to survive.

"When I met you, I knew I had found my happy ending. You are everything I need, and never thought I wanted. You are amazing, kind, smart, fierce, witty, absolutely beautiful inside and outside.", began Jaime and I looked at him with a sparkle in my eyes. He really was the one for me.

"Queen Audelia Stark of Winterfell.", said Jaime, and he turned to fully look at me. I raised an eyebrow in confusion. What was he doing?

"Will you marry me?".

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2K 137 9
'Oh Lord, Oh Lord, what have I done? I've fallen in love with a man on the run Oh Lord, Oh Lord, I'm begging you please Don't take that sinner from m...
67.6K 2.1K 31
{Book 2 from the "Rise" saga} After the death of her father, Lilia Stark stays in the Capitol with her younger sister, Sansa. Away from the rest of h...
3.3K 89 27
Winter is coming, and Lyra Stark, adopted daughter of Eddard Stark, Lord of Winterfell and Warden of the North, travels to King's Landing with her fa...
7K 268 12
๐๐‹๐€๐‚๐Š ๐ˆ๐‚๐„ โ ๐™ž ๐™–๐™ข ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™ฆ๐™ช๐™š๐™š๐™ฃ ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช ๐™ฌ๐™ž๐™ก๐™ก ๐™—๐™ค๐™ฌ ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๐™ข๐™š! โž IN WHICH; Robert Baratheon's daughter gets...