Safety- Drew Thomas

By sex_with_a_ghost

Madeline never felt safe after she got this "gift". But after joining the warrens and meeting there assistant... More

Prologue
Whos Drew?????
Match maker
"You Almost Ran Over a Cat"
Are you jealous?
I Felt Safe in His Arms
Unsatisfied

Interrupted

2.2K 79 12
By sex_with_a_ghost

I woke up to my phone ringing from the kitchen. My body was sore and I felt dirty. I reached for the switch on my lamp and turned it on then rubbed my eyes. I remembered what had happen earlier and thought in my head how I got here.

"Oh my gosh he probably had to carry me in here" I whispered to myself "that's so embarrassing". I got up and hurried into the kitchen and answered the phone.

"Hello" I said then I heard Lorraines voice on the other end "hey Madeline it's Lorraine did you get home ok sorry I'm calling so late"

I looked at the clock and saw it was 11:23pm I then said "yeah got home just fine no problems at all"

"that's good to hear, well tomorrow we are going to a house to collect evidence for an exorcism. I already called drew and gave him the details, he said he would pick you up tomorrow".

I told her that sounded good then said goodnight and hung up. When I put the phone down I looked around the kitchen it was dark and silent. I slowly walked back into my bedroom and saw a piece of paper on my bed. I sat down picked up the paper and read it.

I stopped by the store and bought a litter box, litter, cat food, a cat bed, and some toys for the cat. He's all set up in your bathroom also your shoes are at the front entry
-drew

I opened my nightstand drawer and put the note inside. I couldn't help but smile at the note my cheeks also felt warm after reading it.

I got off my bed and went to the bathroom to see the little cat sleeping in his bed. everything was set up like he said it would be which only made me smile again. I closed the door slowly attempting to not wake the kitty up and walked back to my bed.

I fell asleep with a warm feeling in my stomach and not one thought of the terrifying things that happened earlier that night in my mind.

I woke up at around 7:30am to the phone ringing again I ran over too it and answered.

It was drew "hey I'm gonna pick you up at around 8:45 does that sound ok" drew said I thought for a moment then answered "sounds good" he then hung up after saying goodbye.

I dialed a vet office and scheduled a appointment for the cat. they could only fit him in next week which was fine since he seemed ok except for being a bit under weight.

I went and opened the bathroom door to let the cat out. He ran up to me and begged for pets I tried thinking of a name for him but one didn't come to mind so I decided I would call him kitty for now. I took his stuff out of the bathroom and moved it to a spare room.

I then brushed my teeth and hopped in the shower, got dressed and did my hair. It was 8:30am now so I refilled the cat food then headed to the door. Right as I reached for the handle I heard a knock.

I opened it up to reveal drew he smiled then asked if I was ready.

I stopped for a second then said "just wait" I ran into my kitchen grabbed a bit of cash then ran back out I was about to hand the money to him when he stopped me.

"what's that for?" He said

"You bought all that cat stuff I have to pay you back" I told him.

He shook his head then told me he wasn't gonna take it that it was just a gesture of kindness towards me. I rolled my eyes at this and put the cash in my pocket then walked past him.

"I think the words your looking for are thank you." He said.

I turned back to look at him and said "thank you."

I jumped into the van and looked in the back there was lots of bags, cameras, strange lights and just overall a bunch of equipment I didn't understand how to use. Drew opened up his door and got in and asked if I was doing ok since last night. I looked down at my hand and saw that there was no mark from the grab. I was so confused since I was almost positive there was one there last night.

Then I heard drew saying my name so I snapped back into reality. "What" I said.

"Are you ok since last night" he said again

"Yeah I'm fine just some scraps and bruises that's it."  I said.

We sat in silence for a moment when drew started to pull out of my driveway. I looked around at the houses with perfect lawns and gardens and thought about how mine looked. I should probably work on it I thought to myself.

As we drove I watched out the window. The day was a sunny one with only a few clouds in the sky. Drew turned into a parking lot which made me turn his way and ask in confusion what we were doing. I looked at where we turned into and saw that it was a grocery store.

"I'm gonna go in and get a few snacks since we're probably gonna be there all night, want anything?" he said.

I thought for a moment then said "I'm coming in with you"

He then got out of the van and I did the same following behind him into the store. Once we were inside I looked around trying to decide where to go first. I looked over and saw a small microphone thing which connected to the speakers in the store. Before I could walk away drew stopped me and said "I dare you to say something".

I looked at him unimpressed then said "what are you five".

He shrugged then followed me into the aisle. I picked up a few snacks then he did the same and i made my way to a register. I set my things down and the lady who was at the register started to scan them. she was an old lady who had short hair and brown eyes she looked sweet. I looked behind me expecting to see drew but to my surprise he was still grabbing stuff. He lifted up an apple and mouthed "want one" I nodded yes then waved him over.

Drew came over to the register and added his stuff to the pile. The lady who was scanning looked up and smiled then said "y'all are a beautiful couple."

I could feel my face heating up. I was about to say something but before I could Drew did "Thank you" he said proudly. I turned around and looked at him he was smiling and holding in a laugh. I turned back to the lady handed her the correct amount of money and grabbed all the bags of snacks. I then told the lady to have a nice day and walked out to the van.

When I got out i heard Drew laughing. He walked in front of me then said "you should have seen your face".

"What was wrong with my face" I said unamused

"It was so red. you know you blush a lot" he said

"No I don't" I said

"You do especially when you talk to me" he said with a smirk on his face.

I sat there looking at him flustered then I felt my cheeks heating up. He must of noticed because he smiled right as I felt it but his smile only made me blush more. So I quickly opened the door to the van threw the bags in and went to the passenger side of the car and got in.

He got in a few minutes after then looked over at me I avoided eye contact with him and acted like I didn't notice that he was looking at me. "Madeline" he said trying to get my attention but I ignored him.

Then I felt his hand gently grab my chin and he made me look at him. His touch made my stomach flip and my heart beat faster. He looked at me then said "you know I find the whole blushing think cute it's just fun to mess with you about it"

I didn't know what to say. But I felt drew slid his hand to my neck and gently pull me in. My heart sped up and my body felt warm. We were so close now but before our lips could touch I heard a knock on my window.

I jumped back and drew did the same I looked out my window and there stood Ed warren. I looked over at Drew and asked "what is he doing here". Drew brought his hand to his head then said I told him to meet us here so I could drive behind him to the house. I covered my face with both my hands and let out a groan.

Once I built up the courage I opened the window. Ed smiled then said "hope I didn't interrupt anything".

"Nope nope you didn't" I said.

"Well Lorraines in the store so we will be ready to go in like 10 minutes". Ed said

I opened the door of the van then told Drew and Ed that I was going to go inside to help Lorraine with anything she needs. Truly I knew Lorraine didn't need help but I was so embarrassed that I had to get out of the situation.

As I made my way inside I thought about what would have happened if Ed didn't show up. That thought gave me butterflies.

Please vote and give me constructive criticism. I love y'all.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

302K 6.7K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
276K 8.3K 63
❝ Shut up,❞ ❝ Make me, 𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬.❞ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 no matter how hard she tries to resist, the daughter of Hades ends up falling for Percy Jac...
565K 34.7K 99
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
226K 9.2K 60
𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 noura denoire is the first female f1 driver in 𝗗𝗘𝗖𝗔𝗗𝗘𝗦 OR 𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 noura denoire and charle...