call me yours ( harry j potte...

By wstrnflies

*ೃ:.✧✲゚*。⋆ Y/n Sterling, related to Luna Lovegood, just as carefree, creative, and odd as Luna was. But is pa... More

𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐌𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐒
―𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄
𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐅 𝐀𝐙𝐊𝐀𝐁𝐀𝐍
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
𝐆𝐎𝐁𝐋𝐄𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
𝐎𝐑𝐃𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐇𝐄𝐎𝐍𝐈𝐗
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
𝐇𝐚𝐥𝐟-𝐁𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐏𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐥𝐲 𝐇𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐬
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
―𝐄𝐩𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐮𝐞
ᵂʰᵃᵗˢ ᴺᵉˣᵗ

10

11.7K 390 397
By wstrnflies

Call Me Yours
▔▔▔▔
Chapter Ten: Firebolt & Practice

"Harry, you – you look terrible," Hermione said Harry hadn't got to sleep until daybreak. He had awoken to find the dormitory deserted, dressed and gone down the spiral staircase to a common room that was completely empty except for Ron, who was eating a Peppermint Toad and massaging his stomach, and Hermione, who had spread her homework over three tables.

Y/n and Harry had fallen asleep next to each other last night after talking for hours. "Where is everyone?" said Harry.

"They went home-" The soft voice said as Y/n walked down from the girl's dormitory wearing an oversized t-shirt that Ginny let her borrow and sweat-pants not her normal style of clothing. "It's nearly lunchtime, One of us was going to come and wake you"

Harry slumped into a chair next to the fire. Snow was still falling outside the windows. Crookshanks was spread out in front of the fire like a large ginger rug. "You really don't look well, you know," Hermione said, peering anxiously into his face.

"I'm fine," said Harry.

Y/n knew he wasn't okay and wasn't going to push it.  "Harry, listen," said Hermione, exchanging a look with Ron, as Y/n curled up in the single chair "you must be really upset about what we heard yesterday. But the thing is, you mustn't go doing anything stupid." 

"Like what?" said Harry.

"Like trying to go after Black," said Ron sharply.

Harry could tell they had rehearsed this conversation while he had been asleep. He didn't say anything. "You won't, will you, Harry?" Asked Hermione.

"Because Black's not worth dying for," said Ron.

Harry looked at them. They didn't seem to understand at all. "D'you know what I see and hear every time a Dementor gets too near me?" Ron and Hermione shook their heads, looking apprehensive. 

As Harry told Y/n last night so the girl knew. "I can hear my mum screaming and pleading with Voldemort. And if you'd heard your mum screaming like that, just about to be killed, you wouldn't forget it in a hurry. And if you found out someone who was supposed to be a friend of hers betrayed her and sent Voldemort after her –" 

"There's nothing you can do!" said Hermione, looking stricken. "The Dementors will catch Black and he'll go back to Azkaban and – and serve him right!" 

"I mean, he didn't get a trail..." Y/n stated.  Everything went silent as the trio turned to her, "I'm just saying...He might be innocent, might not...Everyone deserves to have their side of the story..." 

Hermione shook her head as Harry looked away not listening to Y/n for once in his life. "Hermione, You heard what Fudge said. Black isn't affected by Azkaban like normal people are. It's not a punishment for him like it is for the others."

"So what are you saying?" said Ron, looking very tense. "You want to – to kill Black or something?"

"Don't be silly?" Y/n said looking over at Harry serious this time and not being in the dreaming state that she always is. Again, Harry didn't answer. He didn't know what he wanted to do. All he knew was that the idea of doing nothing, while Black was at liberty, was almost more than he could stand. "Harry-" 

"Malfoy knows," he said abruptly. "Remember what he said to me in Potions? "If it was me, I'd hunt him down myself ... I'd want revenge." 

"You're going to take Malfoy's advice instead of ours hell Y/n's!?" said Ron furiously. "Listen... you know what Pettigrew's mother got back after Black had finished with him? Dad told me – the Order of Merlin, First Class, and Pettigrew's finger in a box. That was the biggest bit of him they could find. Black's a madman, Harry, and he's dangerous –'" 

"Maybe-" Y/n stated.

"he is! Y/n he got your father killed!" Harry snapped as Y/n got up and walked out of the common room leaving them behind. 

"Merlin Harry-" Hermione uttered chasing after Y/n.  

But the girl wasn't going to cry, sob, or anything. She was doing what any other Ravenclaw would do even if she was put in Gryffindor because of her fathers' side going to talk to the one that she knew went to school with them. 

Remus Lupin-

Y/n knocked on Lupin's door as no one answered. It seemed to be empty, almost abandoned. "Sneaking around-" Snape's voice echoed as Y/n turned to the man putting her gift to Remus for Christmas in her pocket. "That isn't that bright of you, looking for your loony friend just as loony as you-" 

"Merry Christmas professor-" Y/n carelessly said looking at Snape before walking away from the man with medium black hair.  

She walked around the castle, "Merry Christmas Y/n" Luna brightly said looking at her as Y/n turned to her cousin. "You seem to be going on a walk, mind if I join? I have to look for my shoes" She stated holding papers. 

Y/n nodded, "Don't mind at all" Y/n and Luna started to walk together as Luna hung up pictures to find her missing things. "Nargles have been mad now, yeah?" Y/n asked turning to her. 

Luna nodded, "I'm afraid so...Father mailed me saying he lost his notebook..." Luna explained as she looked over at Y/n once more. "Why are you on a walk? seems you have your shoes-" 

"I'm just looking for Professor Lupin...that's all..."

"He's a wonderful professor, Might be one of the best so far-" said Luna.

Y/n completely agreed other than Lockhart who she didn't have a problem with but wasn't learning another. It was like she was actually learning with Lupin around but knowing the position might be cursed, he wasn't going to last long. 

"Well, I should be getting to Breakfast, heard they are having Pudding-" Luna stated before skipping away. 

Y/n loved her family, no matter how loony, odd it was they all cared for one another and didn't let anyone drag each other down. "Excuse me professor-" Y/n called going over to McGonagall who was on her way to the Gryffindor tower. 

"Yes, dear-" McGonagall stopped looking at Y/n putting her full attention on the girl. 

"Mind I ask, where professor Lupin is...I have something for him-" 

"Dear, he is busy right now but I can assure you I'll tell him once he is out of the hospital wing-" 

She nodded as McGonagall kept on walking away, Y/n continued to walk towards the Hospital wing to talk to Remus. Mostly to make sure he was okay. 

The hospital wing door opened walked in was Y/n who looked around, there was a divider in the way of one of the beds. "Miss Sterling, what can I do for you-" Madam Pomfrey asked walking over to her.

Y/n turned to the lady, "Mind if I talk to Professor Lupin, It's about the next class, Reckon I should tell him, I wouldn't be making it-" Y/n lied to get to the man said to her. 

Madam Pomfrey unsure, raised an eyebrow. A fake cough came from behind the divider. "I guess, make it quick" Y/n nodded and walked over to the dividers as Pomfrey walked out of the hospital wing. 

"Professor," 

"Merry Christmas Y/n," Lupin greeted her as she handed him a small box for Christmas. "You didn't have to you know-" 

Y/n shook her head, "Hope your feeling alright, I know last night must have been hard...anyways I picked that up from Hogsmeade...Thought you would need it-" 

Lupin opened up the package and it was multiple chocolate frogs and chocolates. "Why thank you Y/n-" 

"It's honestly nothing, You're a brilliant teacher, and deserve something other than Snape's insults-" Y/n spoke. Remus looked at the girl seeing the same redhead from almost fourteen years ago who was always there for him. "You know you're not a monster professor, I know that's what you thinking, you were a kid..." 

"Thank you, Honestly..." Remus said with a small nod. "I know you want to know about your father-" 

"Actually no..." Y/n thought about it, "Professor...I know you went to school with Sirius Black...did you happen to be friends?" 

Remus nodded looking at Y/n, "Yes, I knew him," he said shortly. "Or I thought I did.....I should really be getting rest now, Thank you really for everything-" Y/n nodded as she walked out of the hospital wing but turned around. 

"Merry Christmas Professor-" Y/n stated before walking off.

Y/n was sitting in the common room, "oi! y/n you look lovely while you read-" Fred flirted as he sat next to the girl shocked from the snow that was outside. Y/n looked up from her creature book and turned to Fred who smirked.

George jumped over and sat on the other side. "George, are you encouraging this?" She asked him softly. 

He nodded, "Yes, Yes I am...Until Haroldson asks you out" Y/n looked down at the book once more as she quickly heated up. (Not blushed, since everyone is a different skin tone)

"Fred's going to keep on trying, and I'm supporting him" George and Fred high-fived each other as Y/n shook her n head looking back down at the book of the creatures. Fred hummed in response.

"Honestly, what was Hermione thinking-" Said Ron as he and Harry stormed into the common room. Fred pulled y/n close to him as she shook her head not caring and continued to read. 

"what are you two on about?" George asked looking at the two boys as Y/n looked up from her book and turned to the two. 

Harry and Y/n made quick eye contact as Y/n was the one to look away awkwardly. "Harry got a Firebolt for Christmas and Hermione told McGonagall-" 

"Do you know who it was from?" Fred asked. 

The two shook their heads, "Hermione was just looking out for Harry, It could be from Sirius Black..." Y/n explained looking up at the two as Ron shook his head and so did Harry. "Honestly, Ron you seem more upset than Harry-" 

Harry got out of the trance he was in and turned to Ron. "She had no right to do that...that's all I'm saying-" Y/n shook her head standing up. 'I should go and check in on Hagrid..' Y/n thought to herself. 

"I'm going to Hagrid's to feed the creatures and fang-" Y/n stood up shutting her book and putting it on the coffee table. 

"I'll come-" Harry announced before Fred could say anything. 

"You're not allowed to leave the castle, plus...I need a walk, aloneeee" Y/n stated turning to Fred as he put his hands up in the air, and Y/n skipped out of the common room. 

Ron turned to all of his friends. "She's gone mad! Madder than usual!" Ron said once Y/n left the room. 

Harry looked away from the door and turned to Ron. "Why do you say that?" 

"Now she is always disappearing and she is always with Professor Lupin" Harry looked at Ron. "Now did you hear the things she said about Black? That you deserve to hear his side-" 

"I mean,-" Fred and George both stated. "Nevermind-" 

"She isn't mad, she's different and that's why I like her, I mean, she doesn't care what people say especially Malfoy-" Everyone turned to Harry as Fred and George both smirked.

"She is always with him, probably wants to know more about her father, he was friends with him...and when did Y/n not want to hear the whole story and not just one side of it..." Harry defended. 

Butterflies flutter over the great green lawn. The giant squid breaks through the last glaze of ice on the black lake,  The Whomping Willow shakes the water from its branches. The dying sun streams through high windows, painting

Harry's face a fierce amber Red, as he stands opposite Lupin. ancient charts drape the walls while gleaming spheres of spun glass orbit one another silently. Lupin paces before a large trunk. 

"You're sure about this, Harry? This is very advanced magic. Well beyond Ordinary Wizarding Level." 

"If Black can fight the Dementors, I need to know how too." Lupin studies Harry as if conflicted then decides.

"Very well. The spell I'm going to teach you is called the Patronus Charm. Ever hear of it?" Harry shakes his head.

"A Patronus is a kind of positive force. For the wizard who can conjure one, the Patronus works something like a shield. The Dementor feeds on it instead of him." Just then, the trunk rattles violently. 

As Harry's eyes wander, as he thinks about Y/n and Fred even knowing they aren't dating or anything. Lupin snaps his fingers brings his attention back. "But in order for it to work, you must think of a memory. And not just any. This memory needs to be a very happy one. And powerful." 

Harry thinks a bit. Then nods. "Got something? Good. Let it fill you up. Lose yourself in it. Then speak the incantation: Expecto Patronum. Without your wand.." 

"Expecto Patronum..." 

"Right then. Shall we?" 

Harry nods, raises his wand. Lupin, watching closely, reaches over, grips the lid of the trunk. "Concentrate, Harry. Concentrate..." 

As Lupin flings open the case, Harry opens. In the sun's blood light, the Dementor looks particularly horrific. "Expecto... Patronum..." 

The torches on the wall flicker as a chill breeze fills the chamber. A scream echo, distantly. Harry's hand trembles. His eyes begin to roll up... "Expecto... Expecto..." 

"Here!

CRACK! the Dementor mutates into a silvery-white orb. "Riddikulus!" Lupin flicks his wand, sends the orb back into the packing case. Harry stands blinking. Dazed. Lupin fishes chocolate from his pocket. Presses it into Harry's trembling hand.

"Quickly." 

Harry studies the frog. Takes a bite. Begins to recover. "That's one nasty Dementor." 

"Boggart, Harry. The real thing would be much, much worse. Just out of interest, what were you thinking of? What memory did you choose?" 

"On the Hogwarts Express, coming here..." 

"Why is that-" 

"Because I met Y/n, Ron and Hermione-" Harry stated. 

Lupin shook his head, "Even though it seems it, That's not good enough, Harry. Not nearly." Harry glances toward the window, at the bloody sun.

"There's another. It's not happy exactly. I mean, it is. It's the happiest I've ever felt. But it's... complicated."

"Is it strong?

Harry looks up into Lupin's eyes. Emotional. Nods. "Then let's try it." Harry takes a breath. Tosses the frog aside. Poises himself. "Think, Harry, think --" 

"Just do it!" 

Lupin blinks at Harry's quiet fierceness. Opens the packing case. Instantly, the Dementor appears again. A chill fills the air. The hair skates off Harry's scar. He sets his jaw. "Expecto Patronum!"

Harry's hand trembles. His whole body trembles. But he holds his ground, when a huge silver shadow bursts from the end of his wand, hovering between him and the Dementor. The Dementor falters Harry's legs like water. "Riddikulus!" 

CRACK! The Dementor vanishes. Harry's arm drops. Slack. Lupin eyes Harry with a kind of awe. His voice barely a whisper. "Well done." 

"I think I've had enough. For today." 

Lupin nods. Watches Harry moves to the door. "So you know, Harry: You'd have given your father a run for his money. And, believe me, that's saying something." Harry ponders this. Then speaks, deep inside himself.

"I was thinking of him. And Mum. Seeing their faces. They're just talking to me. Just... talking. That was the memory I chose. I don't even know if it's real..." Harry grips the door, pushes past. "But it's the best I have." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

848K 25.4K 91
"This is all your bloody fault, Malfoy." When an accidental spell throws Hermione Granger and Draco Malfoy back in time to the Marauder's era, they a...
27.5K 1.1K 51
❝I was just looking for an empty compartment and what do I do? I get pulled into the biggest shit show of my life.❞ ❝Sorry.❞ ❝It's okay, I...
2.1M 80.2K 150
"She'll be the most powerful witch to ever exist." "And he will be very upset about that if he ever comes back." "Indeed. Which is why no one knows w...
9.2K 232 56
This is a y/n and Fred Weasley love story fan fiction You are a Ravenclaw and transferring to Hogwarts entering your 5th year. You're friends consist...