The Only One- Park Jimin

By StrongBeautiful16

WARNING! This book might make you fall in love with the Bangtan boys, if you aren't already! (If you enjoy go... More

Chapter 1- First Impressions
Chapter 2- Getting to know him
Chapter 3- Surprise!
Chapter 4- Words
Chapter 5- Vulnerable
Chapter 6- Friends Again?
Chapter 7- Truth or Dare?
Chapter 8- Fight
Chapter 9- The Truth Always Comes Out
Chapter 10- It's Real
Chapter 11- After
Chapter 12- Soon
Chapter 13- Sports Games and Dating?
Chapter 14- Best Night Of My Life
Chapter 15- What If It's Love
Chapter 16- New Opportunities
Chapter 17- I'll Be There For You
Chapter 19- Trip
Chapter 20- Niagara Pho Pho!
Chapter 21- Double Date (Yep, again)
Chapter 22- Anniversary
Chapter 23- Confrontation
Chapter 24- Blame
Chapter 25- Driving and Painting
Author's Note
Chapter 26- Graduation
Chapter 27- The Only One For Me

Chapter 18- A for Effort

65 22 48
By StrongBeautiful16

Hobi's face is unreadable for a split second, then; "You got in!!!" He shrieks and jumps on top of me, hugging me so tight I can't breathe. The rest of them follow suit.

The euphoria lasts more than a few minutes, everyone smiling and laughing and hugging. 

Eventually I look over at Jimin. He's also smiling, but it's a sad smile. "Good job," he whispers.

The world around me seems to go quiet and dim. All I see is him, his kind features and eyes and warmth, and just him. My sun, my happiness, my love.

I don't know if I can live a thousand miles away from him. I don't want to start over without him. 

When he pulls me into his arms, murmuring comforting words about supporting me no matter what I chose, I start to cry. I'm simultaneously so happy and so sad and scared at the same time. Who knew change could leave you so conflicted?

Jimin stays like that, with his arms around me tightly, head resting on mine for a long time. "I love you," he says. My tears flow even heavier.

"I love you too."

******* 

The idea that me and Jimin could be separated by college is really taking a toll on us. We argue somewhat frequently, about minuscule things such as where we're going to eat or where we're going to go, but deep down we know the real reason is that we're scared. 

After one stupid fight, (I'm not going to say to spare my pride) I'm angrily laying on my bed, wishing I hadn't over-reacted so much. 

It's not like the last slice of pizza is the end of the world.

Oh no, I just said it, didn't I? Oh well, now you know. We fought over a slice of pizza. It wasn't even fancy pizza. Or like rich person pizza. 

*Rich person pizza- pizza that probably is just as bad, if not worse than pizza at fast food restaurants, (not the good Italian kind), and is only eaten because people like to spend money on things that they think are 'top notch'. Rich person pizza is similar to rich person clothes. Who decides that some clothes are just better than others? I'd prefer my cheap, cute clothes, thank you very much. Imagine wearing some high end brand and then spilling something on it! What a nightmare. 

Long rant aside, yes, we fought about pizza. Then I just went home, annoyed, to go lay on my bed and contemplate my life. 

Now you're all caught up.

A/N: This reminds me of when Jimin told the story about him and Taehyung arguing about dumplings and if they should eat it before dance practice or after. 😂

I really love Jimin, I do. And I'm scared to choose a college because of that. I always said I was the type of girl to not let a guy determine my future, because my future is forever, and guys can come and go. And I've stuck by that. 

But what people don't tell you is how hard it is. 

I'm thinking about my possibilities when my phone pings with a text. I want it to be Jimin, trying to make up, (even though it's probably my fault), but instead it's Namjoon. 

Hey, can you come out to your window? The text from him reads. 

Oh gosh, is something wrong?

Confused and slightly worried, I walk over to my window, shove the curtains aside, nearly get blinded by the sun, and then open my window. 

It squeaks so loudly I wouldn't be surprised if my neighbors heard it through their wall. 

Then I look through the screen, just to see Namjoon standing below my window. Holding a mini speaker.

He looks like he's very much regretting his life choices. 

*Cue meme: Why am I here... just to suffer...* 

"Namjoon!" I call down to him, laughing slightly. "What are you doing here?"  

He sighs, and I can even hear it from the second floor. Instead of answering, he just fumbles with the speaker, clearly trying to find the play button. 

Clearly he's trying to emulate the movie "Say Anything", where the main guy woos his love and wins her over by going to her house and professing his love while holding a boombox. 

But because it's the 21st century and no one has boomboxes anymore, he's instead holding a speaker. 

I wait patiently, trying to figure out why he's here, expecting music to come blasting out any second. Namjoon is flipping the speaker around, trying to find the button to play, when suddenly it tumbles out of his hands and crashes to the hard pavement. 

Namjoon curses and goes to retrieve it, assessing it for damage. While I'm dying laughing. 

His hand goes to the bridge of his nose, and then he turns to left, muttering, "It broke."

I hear him say it quietly, and I nearly trip over my bed in my laughter. That's when I notice the rest of the guys running towards him from behind the wall separating my house and my neighbor's. 

They rush at him, smacking him, laughing. "Ughhh," Jimin moans. "Why did I trust you with this responsibility?"

Namjoon shrugs. 

Jimin sighs, and then turns to me, looking upward at my window. "This was supposed to be romantic," he calls. "Music, us singing for you, like a real romance. And I thought the only reason you'd come out is if someone else was out here instead of me."

I leave my room and run down the stairs. I yank the door open and leap into Jimin's arms, hugging him, still cackling at the mishap of everything. 

"This was so sweet," I tell Jimin, my head buried in his neck. Eventually I place my feet on the ground again. "It's the thought that counts," I add.

He laughs, shaking his head. "Are we good? I'm so sick of us fighting."

I nod. "We're good. Let's just focus on the positive for now. And I'm sorry I grabbed the slice of pizza from you. That was uncool."

He smiles, chuckling. "I've never seen you so determined for something."

I shrug. "Food will do that to a person."

"Clearly."

Laughing, Jimin wraps his arms around me and we walk inside my house. "What do you want to do?" I ask him. 

"Let's watch a movie," he replies. 

"What movie?" 

"Something funny," he says. 

I nod. Then I turn back and see that the rest of the guys are just standing awkwardly on the grass outside. "What are you guys doing?" I ask. "Get in here!"

The stampede inside. "We thought you guys were going to do something romantic," Yoongi says to us. 

"Later," I respond. "We can watch a movie altogether, and then me and Jimin can go out to eat together or something."

Jimin nods. 

Jungkook grins in excitement and then immediately starts rummaging through my cabinets, searching for snacks. He grabs a bag of chips. 

"Woah, woah, woah," Jin says. "What are you doing?"

Jungkook looks worried. He doesn't like to upset his hyungs. "Just...getting food?"

We all assume Jin will reprimand him for not asking me if it's okay. 

But then he just snatches the bag from Jungkook's hands. "Haha, got ya," he says, laughing. "You really thought I'd care?"

Jungkook's hand is still outstretched. "Yes?"

Jin snorts. "Nah, I just wanted the chips." He waves it around proudly. "Last bag!"

Jungkook sighs. "Do you want me to starve?"

Jin rolls his eyes. "I've bought and made so much food for you. It's about time you make me dinner!"

The rest of us laugh. "Remember his carbonara pasta?" I remind him. "You sure you want to put your faith in him?"

Jin pauses. "Oh, yes, that pasta was... not great." He turns to Taehyung, the next youngest in the group, and claps him on the shoulder. "Guess it's on you!"

Taehyung grimaces. "But me and Jimin are the same age! Why can't he cook for you?"

"Nope," Jimin says, grinning. "I'm like 2 months older than you."

Tae pretends to cry. 

And on that note, we settle down in my small living room, and search through Netflix and Hulu for comedies. We stumble upon one promising movie called "Liar, Liar". 

I grab some popcorn and candy and we start the movie. And soon realize that this is not the type of movie you want to watch with food in your mouth. Because you'll probably choke. It's so funny that Tae falls off the couch and gets a mouthful of carpet, I smack Jimin in my fit of laughter, and Hobi makes the mistake of taking a sip of Sprite during a funny scene, leading to him snorting the liquid out of his nose. Which only makes us laugh harder. 

Best ship in the universe: Hobi x Sprite 😂

Once the 8 of us have recovered from the bouts of laughter, they eventually leave me and Jimin alone, waving goodbye and then heading out to the car. 

"So," I say, looking at him. 

"So."

"We should probably get some dinner. My parents don't get home until around 6:00, so we could order something and get some extra for them."

He nods. "That sounds good. But how about we make the meal instead?"

I groan. "Jimin, my parents already like you. You don't need to impress them with a homemade dinner."

He laughs. "But I want to."

"Fine," I sigh. "Go for it."

He starts looking up recipes and I end up searching through the pantry, cabinet, and refrigerator for the ingredients he needs. He decides to make a pasta dish, with a homemade sauce and grilled zucchini. 

We talk and laugh together while he preps the meal. At some point he starts to cut up slices of mozzarella cheese for the pasta, and each time he looks away, I snag a couple of piece and shove them in my mouth. 

When he turns towards the sink to wash the zucchini, I grab a handful, but there's too much to swallow by the time he looks back at the cutting board. 

"Did you take some?" He asks, looking at me in amusement. 

"No," I mumble, trying to rearrange the cheese in my mouth so I don't look like a chipmunk. "I think that you just need to cut more."

"Mhm," he says. "That's what it is, is it?"

I nod. "Or maybe it's Remy the rat. You know, from Ratatouille. He probably took them." 

Jimin laughs. "Sure. That's the only logical explanation."

"Yes," I respond. "I think that-" I try to start. 

And then a piece of cheese tumbles out of my mouth. 

I look at it. Traitor! 

Anyone remember this V live? 😂

I grin at Jimin, who just goes back to cutting cheese, shaking his head. "You will be the death of me," he says, laughing. 

I finally swallow. "Well, I.. what's that?" I yelp, pointing towards the counter. 

His head whips around. 

"Diversion!" And I grab another piece of cheese. 

Jimin turns back towards me, because of course there was nothing there. "Maybe I should just order food," he says. 

I grin. "I'm sorry, I'm just having too much fun teasing you. It's too easy!"

He laughs. "I know. I already get it from the hyungs, and now you too!"

I lean over the counter and kiss him. "Yes."

He goes back to cooking, and eventually I help him out a bit. I guard the pasta, stirring it occasionally, while Jimin tries to grill zucchini. 

The water starts to boil. "Okay!" I say. "Salt!" 

He passes me the salt without looking at me, still busy trying to figure out how to make his portion of the meal. 

I start to pour some salt in, slowly at first, to be careful. Suddenly, Jimin spins around to grab a knife, and he bumps into me, jolting my hand. This causes a whole gigantic pyramid of salt to tumble into the boiling water. We look at the pot, then at each other, grimacing. 

"People like salty foods," I try to reason. "We can just add more sauce or something."

He nods, looking worried. "Who doesn't like salty food?" 

My mom, I think. But I don't say that. 

After some time, the pasta cooks, and then we pour the red sauce on it, pretty proud of our work. Jimin continues with the zucchini, and after around thirty minutes, I hear the door to my house click open, and my dad steps inside. 

"I'm home!" He calls, and then clomps into the room. "Ah, hello Jimin."

Jimin smiles pleasantly at my dad. "Hello, sir."

"What are you cooking?" He asks him. 

I throw my hands in the air, rolling my eyes. "Hello to you, too, dad."

My dad ignores me, focused entirely on my boyfriend. 

"We've been making pasta," Jimin explains. "And zucchini."

"Wow!" My dad smiles at Jimin. "Impressive."

"I helped too," I add in. 

My dad just pats my back. 

I sigh. "Dinner will be ready soon." 

My mom arrives a half hour later, tired from her long day at work, and Jimin immediately steps in, taking her bag and pulling out a chair for her at the dining room table. While my mom and dad sit patiently there, waiting for us to serve the food, I smack Jimin, smiling. "You're gonna make my parents wish you were their kid instead of me."

Jimin laughs. "They love you."

"Mhm, sure. After this they're gonna get accustomed to me making meals for them and seating them at the table and clearing dishes and stuff! What have you done," I complain, laughing. 

He kisses me quickly. "My dreams are coming true."

I just roll my eyes. Then we set the table, carrying over the steaming food. 

"What do we have here?" My mom asks, once we're all seated. 

I look down at the plates of food. "Overly salted pasta and burnt zucchini."

"Wonderful," my mom chirps. "Can't wait."

We dive in, and almost immediately people's mouths start to pucker. The saltiness is so bad, but we're all pretending to enjoy it. 

At some point, I set my plate down with a clank. "Who wants Japanese food?"

My dad coughs, letting down his utensil. "Oh thank god, yes." 

I order the food, chugging gallons of water. The food comes after a while, and by the time we eat it's around 8:30 at night. Overall, though, it goes well, my parents still like Jimin a ton, and probably like me less.

Once we're finished eating, I walk Jimin to the door. "Thank you for today," I say to him.

He smiles. "I enjoyed it."

I blush, looking down. "Me too."

He peeks over my shoulder, making sure my parents aren't behind me. Then he kisses me intensely, pulling me closer to him. I wrap my arms around him, kissing him back. 

Eventually we pull apart, and I watch him leave, closing the door behind me with a big smile on my face. 

Thank you guys so so much for over 600 reads, like woah!! You guys are amazing! I love you all! 

Have a wonderful day! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

134K 2.5K 26
A simple cute college love story which folds in a type of beautiful comforts and discomforts. love and maturity. "her one screeching 'hii' can make m...
2.3K 116 12
You're a young girl, who's a little bit introverted and afraid to be under everybody's eyes. You only have your best friend, but it's ok for you. You...
1.6K 756 20
A hard love story between 2 young people.They love each other so much.But will the fate let them be together? Jimin:My angel dont go! Yn:My love dont...
27.8K 1K 50
[Kim Seokjin Fan Fiction] Jin is so confident about his looks especially when he's around his friends. Suddenly, someone walks into his life and he b...