Heartbeat (BTS x Manager! Rea...

By LazyLoli18

"If you were not there then, would we, who were just like a lonely island. Shine as bright as now? . . . See... More

Before you read
What's What?
It Wasn't a Dream
Somehow You're Hired
JUST DANCE
The Campus Legend
You Find Fate, or Maybe Fate Finds You
๐Ÿ’Spring is Blooming๐Ÿ’ (special chapter)
Call me Manager
Misunderstandings in the Practice Room
No Such things as Secrets
Dorm Life with BTS
We Made a Mistake
A Rap Line Collaboration
Glass Mentality Boy
๐ŸŒธNever Grow Up๐ŸŒธ (special chapter)
The Burden as a Main Vocal
I Promise
๐ŸŽตI Believe that We're Bangtan!๐ŸŽถ (special chapter 7 year anniversary)
Happy Birthday Namjoon๐Ÿจ๐ŸŒธ
Midnight Shadow
First LOG
Our Irreplaceable Member
๐ŸŒŠI Hear the Ocean๐ŸŒŠ (special chapter)
Who Are You
A/N: I Have Discord
โ˜€๏ธSummer Getaway๐Ÿ– (special chapter)
Bangtan Boys or Festival Boys?
๐ŸHappy Chuseok๐ŸŒ™
A/N
Our First Performance
A Truth We Want To Tell
Will We Debut?
My Heart Syncs to the Beat
๐ŸAutumn, No Big Deal๐Ÿ‚
We Made It!
A Restless Night
Feels Like Fate (250 ๐Ÿ’œs)
โญThe BTS Awards๐Ÿ†(special chapter)
300+โญ Q&A
We Debuted!
We're Rookies!
Work Wasted but Memories Reminisce
7-1=0
7-1=0 (pt.2)
How to be a Tough Boy
Nominations and Our 1st Festa
LA Hustle Life
The Missing Person
Will We See You Again?
Mission: Melting Sugar (Pt.1)
Mission: Melting Sugar (Pt.2)
I NEED U
First Place Winners
Let's Run, BTS!
Emergency Rap Recruit

Events and Bittersweet Dreams

489 38 6
By LazyLoli18

"Okay, everyone's here? Let's get this show on the road!" (Y/N) announces as she and the boys go on their way.

"Where are we going today?" Hoseok asks.

"Today..."

From Seoul, Gangwon, to Gyeongsang, Chungcheong to Jeolla... It's summer- festival season. The Bangtan Boys have come back with N.O. and are traveling every corner of the Korean peninsula.

From Nonsan's Strawberry Festival...

"🎵It's strawberry-flavored- Such a liar- Strawberry- You're such a hypocrite-🎶" Jungkook sings along his own random lyrics.

"My grandma has a friend who grows strawberries. The stems of fresh strawberries stick straight up." Taehyung grins as he daydreams of fresh strawberries.

"Oh, Taehyung seems to know quite a bit about strawberries." Yunki says, impressed with Taehyung's knowledge.

"When the stems droop like this, stick them back up before you eat them and they'll taste fresher."

Yunki sweatdrops, "Okay, nevermind."

...to Hoengseong's Korean Beef Festival...

"🎵Everybody say Moo- Later is not an option anymore-🎶" Jimin serenades a tune in his head.

"Phew, today's performance was amazing, too. Huh? Where's Jeongguk?" Hoseok looks around as he sees the maknae is nowhere to be found.

"Jeongguk is... over there." Taehyung points at a direction.

"He's eating beef." Jimin looks over at the scarfing maknae.

Seokjin shakes his head, "He's had 10 servings already."

Jeongguk licks his lips as he finishes another platter of beef and holds it out, "Can I have another plate?"

...and even Yangju's Cotton Festival.

"🎵Who are we? Who? We're rising BTS!🎶" Namjun raps out as he holds his mic with confidence.

"Kim Taehyung? What are you doing in the cotton field?" Jimin asks.

"Shh, I'm concentrating. I'm putting cotton seeds in my pen cap. I'm gonna take them back to our dorm. Call me V Ikjeom. Haha!" Taehyung states proudly.

"Manager, he's being weird." Jimin complains.

They went wherever there was a stage available for the Bangtan Boys to stand on. That also meant that they ended up with some... unexpected extras.

"Augh... Manager! There's too much extra stuff in the van!" Jimin whines as he feels himself get cramped.

Yunki nods his head, "Yeah. It's like riding in a regional specialties exhibit. We could open a road show."

"Jeongguk, how can you feel like eating dried seaweed in a place like this?" Namjun asks, as he sees the maknae munching.

"It's good. It's the seaweed we got from the Wando Laver Festival." Jeongguk answers while he's still snacking.

"Oh, we're close to Gyeongsang province now!" Jimin exclaims excitedly.

"Ah, Gyeongsang province?" Jeongguk asks.

"Gyeongsang province is amazing, you know?" Yunki says.

"Oh, we're almost to Jeolla province now!" Jimin says.

"Hyung, we have that too! Have you eaten? The bibimbap is the best!" Hoseok smiles as he talk about the food.

(Y/N) giggles at their interactions, "Adorable..." She drives with a smile on her face when a sudden jolt of realization washes over her.

Screeeeeeech!

Everyone lunges forward and gets startled by the action.

"Ah, that was scary! Manager, what's wrong?" Seokjin asks as he sees the worried look on (Y/N)'s face.

"I think I forgot something important. Something really important..." (Y/N) states as she gets that sick feeling in her stomach.

Hoseok looks over to her, "Something really important? What did you forget?"

"Count the number of people in the van, minus me..."

Namjun counts, "One, two, three, four, five... six... Six?!"

Jeongguk looks in the back and takes out something, "Wow, that's freaky... I thought it was Taehyung in the back seat, but it's the bamboo wife we got from the bamboo festival!"

"I think we left him at the plum festival we just left..." Yunki mumbles out.

(Y/N) feels herself going through a mid-life crisis, "Taehyung's alone in an unfamiliar place... He must be looking for us. Oh, no..."

She speedily turns the van and head back to the plum festival.

"Taehyung! Kim Taehyung!" Yunki yells out.

Everyone splits up to look for him, but it isn't easy.

"Excuse me! Have you seen a blonde, wide-eyed, really mischievous looking kid around here?" Seokjin asks the mayor.

"Blonde... Do you mean our young next mayor?" The Mayor asks.

Seokjin's eyebrows furrow, "Next... Mayor?"

The Mayor points at a direction, "Way over that way. By the big plum tree!"

There's someone singing folk songs with the village elders under the plum tree.

"🎵You don't smile at me on purpose! You're cold to me on purpose!🎶"

Taehyung is seen serenading the small crowd with his beautiful, raw vocals.

"Thank you very much! My name is Kim Taehyung and that was just a little tune!" Taehyung waves at the elders with a polite gesture.

"Wow! How is a young man like you so pretty and so good at singing?" An Elder compliments.

"He'll be a great leader! He's going to be a pillar for our plum farming. I feel so happy just looking at him!" Another Elder says.

"Tae- Taehyung! There you are." (Y/N) rushes over to him.

"Oh, Manager!! You're finally here! I was just chatting with everyone." Taehyung box smiles at (Y/N), showing how happy he is.

"Ah! You blend right in. I almost thought you were a local." Hoseok comments as he looks at Taehyung.

"Hehe. I was just chatting and got invited over here! Gran, gramps, this was really fun. Goodbye!"

One of the Elders look at him with an upset face, "Where are you going? No, you can't leave!"

"Congrats on your new calf, and for your cousin's daughter getting a perfect score on her dictation test! I'll write letters when I get to Seoul. Promise!" Taehyung says, meaning every word he says. He endeared himself to the village elders in (Y/N) and members' absence, but they finally get him back to the van.

Everyone gets back on the road with the van filled up even more

"Taehyung's new friends send us off with a ton of plums..." (Y/N) comments.

Jimin pouts, "Our cramped van got even more cramped."

"It smells really nice, though. Doesn't it?" Taehyung sniffs on the fresh scent of plums in the car.

".......Huh." Yunki seemed like something was on his mind.

Jeongguk notices, "What's wrong, Yunki hyung?"

"I think we forget Namjun."

Back at the plum tree...

🎵Damn hip hop pride, idol rapper? Cut that bull. They say I'm just idol trash and ignore me.🎶

Namjun finishes his solo with the village elders. "Okay... I'll wrap it up there. Thank you, this was RM. Mic drop."

"Is that a song or an incantation?" An Elder questions.

"Hmm... No. I don't think you're cut out to be our next mayor. Fail! That's a fail!" Another Elder shouts out.

Namjun sweatdrops from the reactions, "Manager... When are you coming back..."

*Timeskip*

"This drive's kind of boring... I wonder what's on the radio?" (Y/N) brings her hand to turn the knob.

Her and the members were on the road back to Seoul after wrapping up more events in the countryside. Their packed van races down the moonlit highway. Then the Radio DJ is heard on the radio.

[It's the season when the biting cold nibbles at your nose! We're almost to the end of the year. How did you spend 2013? Did you achieve your goals?]

"Yes! We achieved them all!" Taehyung shouts.

Jimin looks at him weirdly, "Kim Taehyung, are you talking to the radio?"

Yunki leans towards Jimin's ear, whispering, "He talks to dandelions. Why wouldn't he talk to the radio?"

Taehyung continues to talk to it, "We debuted! We released an album! We met ARMY, too. We achieved it all."

"I think we achieved nearly everything!... Except for one little thing." Namjun declares.

"Hey, you too? Me too. I still have one goal left for this year." Yunki says.

"You too, hyung? Wow, right? That one thing's got me kind of down."

Hoseok nudges Namjun's shoulder, "What is it, what is it? I'm curious. Tell me!"

"Want to say it together on the count of three, hyung?" Namjun asks Yunki.

Yunki starts to count, "One, two, three..."

"Perform at a year-end show!"

"Rookie of the Y-" Yunki pauses at his sentence, "Perform at a year-end show!! Perform at a year-end show!!! You had the same idea as me Namjun, haha!"

Yunki quickly changes his statement, but the members' silence makes it clear what they're thinking.

(Y/N) knows exactly what they're thinking, 'Everyone was hoping to perform at at least one year-end award show...'

"Hmm... Well, dreaming is free. What would you do if you won Rookie of the Year?" Namjun asks his hyung.

"I want to do laundry on Jimin's abs." Yunki bluntly states.

Jimin flushes at the statement, "Why are you dragging me into this all of a sudden..."

"If we win Rookie of the Year, I want to clean the dorm bathroom." Taehyung cheekily smiles.

Yunki lifts his eyebrow at Taehyung's statement, "That's something you already have to do."

"I want to give a present to ARMY. What about you, Jin hyung?" Jimin turns to Seokjin's side.

Seokjin places his hand above his chin, thinking for a moment, "Me? Hmm, I..." He swallows once and replies seriously. "Give back to society."

"...Okay, thank you." Yunki says.

"Yours was the least serious." Jimin comments.

Seokjin looks taken back, "Whaaat? When the oldest hyung talks, you should say stuff like "Wow, that's so cool! We respect you!" And you're not even doing that."

"Excuse me, hyungs." Jeongguk speaks out.

Seokjin gives his attention.

"Turn up the radio, please."

[The next song was requested by username Golden Maknae! "I hope that you all achieve your goals. That's my goal." Thanks for your message! Alrigh, here's your request- the Bangtan Boys' N.O.]
[🎵 A nice house, a nice car
Will those things bring happiness?🎶]

"I don't know whose song this is, but it's great!" Hoseok comments as he smiles at their own song.

The members loudly sing along as their song plays on the radio.

(Y/N) smiles at her own thoughts, "Yeah... We'll just focus on the things we can do now instead of worrying about the future."

"Manager, what on earth are thinking about to make that face? You've got a white-knuckled grip on the steering wheel... Ease up a little." Seokjin says as he rests his hand on her shoulder. "You're trying really hard to stay awake, aren't you? You did drive a little over 10 hours today..."

(Y/N) shakes her head, "No, it's okay. It's bearable."

"Sure it is. There's a rest area over there. Let's take a break. It's not safe to keep going." Seokjin says that as he ruffles her hair.

*Nightmare*

[The 2013 Rookie of the Year award winner is...not the Bangtan Boys!]

Jimin looks (Y/N)'s way with an angry look, "Manager, what is this?"

Yunki gives her a side glare as he crosses his arms, "I knew you were sketchy. Who are you? Are you really cut out to be a manager?"

"I can't stand doing all these small town events..." Jeongguk said, looking frustrated.

(Y/N) feels her eyes water up as her heart grows heavier by their disappointed glares.

Seokjin sighs before beginning to walk away, "I guess this is where our story ends. It's been fun."

The boys start to walk away, not even looking back.

(Y/N) tries to run after them but her body is stuck in place as she slowly reaches up her hand, "No, wait! Don't go, Seokjin! I'll do better!"

*Nightmare ends*

"I'll try harder... I'll- I'll do bett- Ah!!!!!" (Y/N) jolts awake in the van's familiar passenger seat, tears in her eyes. '...Just a dream. Thank goodness... Wait. What? Why are we moving?'

"Do better for what?" Seokjin asks.

"What?!" The female turns in surprise towards the driver's seat. Seokjin's driving.

"Shh." Seokjin's nod directs her eyes to the back seat where the other six members are deep in sleep.

"You must've had a fun dream?"

(Y/N) wipes away her tears as he head hangs low. "I had a nightmare where you all left me..."

Seokjin's eyes widen, "Really? That sounds like a really... good dream?"

"A good dream? How on earth is that a good one?"

Seokjin grins. "They say dreams are the opposite of reality. So... It probably means that there are only good times ahead for us." He smiles her way, making her forget all about her nightmare. "See? As soon as you wake up, you're on a nighttime drive with an extremely handsome guy. Good times."

(Y/N) feels the weight get off her chest after that, "Thanks. Have you always known how to drive?"

"Actually... I secretly attended driving school because I didn't want you to suffer alone." Seokjin whispers, winking at her.

(Y/N) giggles at his flirty attitude, and places her hand on top of his free one that was sitting on the console. Giving it a firm squeeze, "Thank you, Seokjin. For making me feel better."

Seokjin's cheeks up to his ears flush a light pink as he keeps his eyes on the road, "No problem. Keep resting, you deserve it for driving all those hours."

A weird sort of conviction hits (Y/N). As long as she has the members by her side like she does right now, she could get through anything.

*Back at Home*

"You worked so hard, guys! Go get some rest!" (Y/N) says, clasping her hands together.

Buzz- Buzz-

(Y/N)'s cell phone rings from her pocket.  "Who's calling at this hour...? Hello? What? Excuse me?" She sets her phone down a second as she looks up to the boys with a shocked look. "Guys! Guys?!"

"What's wrong, Manager?" Namjun asks.

The members freeze on the steps to the dorm and slowly turn to look at her.

"Okay. Brace yourselves, because we're all going to be really tired for the foreseeable future!" (Y/N) exclaims as she feels really amped up.

"Why? Are we going to another event?" Taehyung asks, excited for the news.

"No, we have to practice for a year-end show!" (Y/N) shouts out.

Yunki's eyes widen as he hears her words, "Year... what, Year-end show?"

"Yeah! We're going to be performing! They just called me with the invite!"

Jeongguk's bunny smile widens up as he felt so euphoric, "This isn't a dream, right? I'm going to pinch Jimin hyung's cheeks."

Jimin looked nervous, "Hey, hey, hey! Jeongguk... You're supposed to pinch yourself."

"Hold on, what dance can we do to make people rave about our performance?" Hoseok thinks for ideas.

While the other members chatter away, Seokjin locks his eyes with (Y/N)'s. He doesn't say anything- but he flashes her a smile.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
A/N: Yayyy! A new longer chapter! Hope you guys are still enjoying the story and I love all of you for the support you give to make all this happen. Also, Happy 8th anniversary to everyone and our boys. Please give them lots of love and support! As always, I purple all you beautiful ARMY and have a safe and happy day 💜🌸🦋
Also if you'd like to join the discord, message me and I'll send you a link!💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5M 240K 101
"hey" seen. "stop leaving me on seen" seen. "i love you." replying... 060917 #1 in fanfiction !!
5.2K 447 36
|| Don't cry when the clouds crying because of me. Thank you for always being by my side and be a good pal of mine. I wish you were you mine, but I c...
9.2K 503 28
โi love you more than he does.โž ยฉ SANTAESTIC
4.5K 114 47
๐™ป๐š˜๐šŸ๐š’๐š—๐š ๐šœ๐šŽ๐šŽ๐š–๐šœ ๐šŽ๐šŠ๐šœ๐šข, ๐š‹๐šž๐š ๐š’๐šœ ๐š’๐š ๐š›๐šŽ๐šŠ๐š•๐š•๐šข? เผ„ โ˜”๏ธŽโ˜”๏ธŽ