Alpha Aiden's Protection Prog...

By 1fandombookgirl

The last thing Tate Blackwood expected was for her mate to be the infamous Alpha Dickhead, also known as Alph... More

Copyright & Description
Character Aesthetic
Chapter 1: Alpha Dickhead
Chapter 2: Shut Your Jell-O Hole
Chapter 3: Psycho Murdering Werewolf
Chapter 4: I Just Really Like Chocolate Cake
Chapter 5: Ugliest Being To Ever Exist
Chapter 6: What The Actual Flying...
Chapter 7: Jealous Judy
Chapter 8: Green Whistle?
Chapter 9: Might Accidentally Murder Her
Chapter 10: Stolen Cookies
Chapter 11: The Theory of Blood
Chapter 12: Little Piggy
Chapter 13: I'm An Idiot
Chapter 14: No Signal
Chapter 15: I Texted First
Chapter 16: Alpha Idiot & The Silly Girl
Chapter 17: Just Keep Swimming
Chapter 18: You Gotta Kiss The Boy
Chapter 19: A Silent Threat
Chapter 20: Breaking & Entering
Chapter 21: Bleeding Heart
Chapter 22: A Holy Prayer
Chapter 23: Slow Death
Chapter 24: He Loves You
Chapter 25: Coffee On His Lips
Chapter 26: A Thousand Deaths
Chapter 27: From A Poet To A Poem
Chapter 28: Life Or Death
Chapter 29: Please Be Alive
Chapter 30: Worried About Him
Chapter 31: Kissing Death
Chapter 32: I'd Be The Orpheus
Chapter 33: Desperation Was A Wicked Thing
Chapter 35: Spirit Of Fresh Water
Chapter 36: Blood Drive

Chapter 34: Zombie Luna

2.1K 71 26
By 1fandombookgirl

Sitting in the sliver of sunlight that peeked through the thick curtains was how the last two days of my life went.

I hadn't expected sitting still in an old room would make me become an impatient person, yet here we are. I was itching for some fresh air and to finally shift into my wolf.

However, that couldn't be done as my mate faked my death to his pack. Now, I was left sitting here all day with the company of Tourmaline, Calypso, Dr. Nazra or Jenny. Never all at once though. Tourm visited with either Calypso or Aiden, and the others visited in between. It would be too risky if they all came at once instead of on a rotation.

The time I loathed the most was when Jenny showed up. I found it impossibly difficult to thank her or even speak to her. She was just here out of obligation to keep me company while the others went about their daily tasks. And even if she was here out of concern, I'd never be able to forgive her for plotting to kill my Aiden or trade Tourmaline's life for her mate.

***

"Wouldn't you have done the same for Aiden?" She had asked that morning.

I was just polishing off the hearty breakfast Aiden sent up for me when she'd directed her question at me. The food turned to concrete in my stomach as she voiced the words. 

What would I have done?

Responsibility to protect my mate and guilt of harming others both clashed inside of me.

"If I had to hurt others to save my mate, then I don't believe I'd be any better than the ones who wanted to harm him in the first place. And I don't believe he'd forgive me for hurting others for him either," I answered her.

She lifted her brows, not at all surprised by my answer yet she neither believe it, "So you'd leave the person you love to die at the hands of your enemies?"

"No, I'd cut my enemies' hearts out with the help of the ones they wanted dead." I stated pushing my plate aside. "I'd be wise enough to know that I stood no chance against a cave of bats, so I'd seek help from those they wanted me to hurt. Isn't that what you're doing now?"

"I'm not a wolf," She snapped. "We don't plan wars or strategize about killing others."

"Then it's time you learned. Vampires are the prime enemy of your people, Jenny, you have to adapt to your situation. If you don't, you'll lose your mate and the rest of your people while you continue to be their puppet," I said. "I won't forgive you for attempting to kill my mate or Tourmaline, but I'll help you because I want my revenge just the same."

"You act as if you've never messed up in your life."

"I have," I answered, "but never in a magnitude that required me to harm a child."

Jenny went silent as she turned her head away from me. Her green hair curtaining her face from me as she peered down at the floor. 

***

That was how the rest of the morning went by, Jenny sitting across the room from me, a book in her hand but not turning any pages. I, for the life of me, couldn't decide if jabbing myself in the eye or jumping off the balcony would provide more excitement than pacing the ever stuffy room. I didn't think my mind was that morbid, but anything to mix it up would be heavenly. 

When Jenny finally left, Dr. Nazra stayed at my side for the rest of the evening, but she fell asleep an hour in our conversation. I don't blame her, ever since the castle was attacked everyone had been on edge. Patrol was tightened and training was pushing on a constant rotation. Training in the Oaks Pack wasn't easy two-step defences and throwing punches. Nope, the trained warriors fought as if they were in a war. Quick healing and stamina allowed for this, but when the injuries became too deep, they required Dr. Nazra. 

She's been in the infirmary all day after pulling night duty on patrol. 

When I looked to her sleeping form, I couldn't stop the burst of guilt in me. I should be running patrol. I should be protecting my pack the way a Luna does. Yet, I was stuck in this ivory tower, nothing to do but sit and rot. 

Finally, night rolled around and I sent her back to her room. A Luna's order to take the night off, even though my words hold no official capacity of authority. 

Not five minutes after she'd left, Aiden finally clocked in. He forwent his comfy and dustless room to keep me wrapped in his arms at night. Those moments were the highlights of my day.

When he stepped through the door, looking tired and rugged, I couldn't help but throw my arms around his neck and twine my legs around his waist. He let out a tiny 'oof', but returned the embrace as he wrapped me in his arms. 

"Hey," I whispered his ear before pulling back and catching his small smile.

A smile that lifted his shoulders as if I took the weight off them. 

Silently, he went over the bed, laying us both down on the soft mattress yet keeping me wrapped in his arms. 

"Hi," His warm breath fanned across my face, making me blush at both his nearness and the way his eyes sparkled while looked at me. 

"How was your day?" I asked as my fingers brushed his long hair at his neck.

Groaning, he pulled me closer, held me tighter. "I want to tell you that everything if fine, that I have everything under my control...but I'd never lie you, Tate. Not ever again."

I cupped his cheek, smoothing my fingers over his stubble, "Then don't."

Nodding, he opened his heart to me. The brick wall no longer standing between us.

"It's tiring. The pack seems to be more suspicious of each other. Dylan's betrayal left a nasty scar in our pack's minds, making us wary and distrustful. Even if it wasn't his intention, he chipped away at our pack mentality."

The fire in his eyes screamed for blood, a vengeance for his people and his pack's pride. And I was going to do everything in my power to help him get it.

"Let me help you," I said and he immediately started shaking his head. "Aiden, let me come back, please. I can't sit here all day knowing those damn leeches are preparing to slaughter us, to take Tourmaline."

His expression was pained as he held my hand that was resting on his cheek and slide it to his lips where he pressed a tickling kiss.

"I want you by my side, Tate. I need you there. But I can't risk your safety or Tourmaline's or the pack's. You were an ounce of blood away from death, if you came back now they would know," His teeth grinned together, eyes holding mine as he readied for a fight. "I won't put you in a position to get hurt ever again."

The anger in my blood that wanted to protect my mate and pack simmered at his statement. I knew he was right, was explained the situation before, but how could I sit here. Worst yet, how could my very existence put everyone in harm's way. We each had to pick our battles in life, and this time I chose to back down. Because this was a fight I'd neither win nor wanted to face the consequences of if I did.

So instead I pressed my lips his, taking him by surprise. The shock didn't last long as he wrapped his arm around my waist and opened his mouth to my demanding tongue. 

Aiden didn't kiss with hesitation anymore, now he kissed me like a starved man whenever we were alone, and I can't deny that I've haven't been equally as ravenous for his soft lips on mine. Our breaths mingled, our hands explored, our feeling deepened.  

It was never like this before. I think my ill heart played a significant role in that. It made Aiden cautious of touching me, of going to far in case my heart speed up and caused the rippling pain to tear into my chest.

Now that I was fully healed, and maybe it was my close brush to death, or the fact that we were finally on the same page about our feelings...whatever it was, it awoke a deep burning of want in the both of us. 

A searing desperation of need that had me moaning into his lips and had his large palms pressing into my back sensually as our bodies aligned. 

I returned the kiss with as much passion as I received, curling my fingers in his dirty blonde hair and gasping as his hands curved against my waist and traveled lower.

He pushed my leg back as he rolled me under him, his movements smooth and cautious to not break our kiss. Aiden's weight pressed comfortably against me. Pulling away from my lips, he grinned down at me before pressing kisses all over my face causing me to giggle.

My laughter soon turned into gasps of air as his fingers explored my body, his little ministrations sending pleasure coursing through me. 

My hands left his hair, trailing down his back and then edging it's way back up under his t-shirt. I felt his muscles flex and his abdomen shudder when I raked my nails over his skin. Aiden let out a growl, his kisses moving to my neck.

As his hand toyed with the hem of my t-shirt, I nodded at his silent question. He took my answer in stride as his palms stroked up my stomach before hovering over my chest.

"This okay?" He paused to ask.

"Yes," I said breathlessly.

His calloused fingers traced the edges of my bra and I felt the sharp teeth  of his canines scrape against the juncture of my neck and collarbone. The area where my mark would sit.

Aiden stilled above me as my eyes flew open in realization. He lifted his head into my view and I saw that the sharp teeth were in fact the ones he'd used to mark me. My mate was all to quick to sit back, pulling his hand free from my shirt as his teeth shrunk back to its human shape. 

"Shit," He swore, dragging a hand down his face. "I need to be more careful."

My heart thundered in my chest, racing from our fiery exchange of kisses, as I nodded my head in agreement. 

You see, my fake death not only stopped me from helping my pack, it also stood in the way of Aiden and I going all the way. If we did end up sleeping together Aiden would surely mark me, and if that happened, then the pack would be aware that they now had a Luna. We had to come clean about our pack about me being alive before we go barreling in with them suddenly getting a zombie Luna. Couple that with the fact that we also can't tell them I'm alive until we know how the mermaid blood works has left Aiden and I in a constant state of having to hold back on our desires. 

His expression was pained, "Don't get me wrong, Cupcake. I want to - god do I want to - but-."

I sat up and kissed his jaw, "I know, babe. I don't blame you. I just really want to leave this room and start killing some blood suckers."

He chuckled, "And here I thought you wanted to leave so you could finally jump me."

"That too." I grinned as the heat between us simmered down.

Even though I was bold enough to admit it,  I could feel the tips of my ears heat from a blush.

Aiden simply kissed the shell of my ear without dragging out my response to him.

"Tomorrow you'll get into contact with a pack in France?" I asked quietly.

"If Kai doesn't contact me, yes."

The underlying fright in his voice was almost undetectable. His best friend was missing and he didn't have to the means of going after him.

I wanted to say that Kai and Matt were going to be alright. That they'd call before the sun rises tomorrow. But I couldn't do that. I couldn't whisper false promises and fill my mate's head with an empty sense of hope.

"I should go take a shower," He finally said, lifting away from me. Aiden pulled his phone from his pocket, placing it on the bed next to me as I sat up. "In case they call."

I nodded silently as he grabbed a fresh change of clothes and headed to the en-suite.

Glaring at the blank screen of his mobile, I willed it to ring. To ping with a text, light up with the indication that Kai emailed him a location or a photo. Anything would be better than the silence he'd given us.

By some odd stroke of luck, I watched in utter confusion as the phone's screen awoke with life. A soft jingle echoed from the speaker and it vibrated against the mattress.

No name. Local number.

My finger was sliding the screen to answer as I pressed the phone to my ear.

"Alpha?" A familiar voice called through the receiver.  

"Kai?" I asked carefully. My mind unbelieving that I had actually heard his voice.

"Tate!" He answered. "Where's Aiden? I need to speak to both of you. Privately if you could."

I was on my feet already, moving to the bathroom.

"Kai," I said through a heavy breath. "Holy shit, you're okay?"

He chuckled, "Trust me, it hasn't been a pleasant time." I wanted to asked more, but he went on in a rushed tone. "Could we make this quick? I don't want to stay on the line for long."

"Yes, of course," Startled, I pushed the bathroom door open despite hearing the water going.

Aiden jumped in surprise at my sudden intrusion, his hands flying to cover his groin. As a question formed on his lips, I held out the phone, "It's Kai."

His eyes were wild as modesty left him and his hands fumbled to turn off the shower. Grabbing a towel, I threw it at him as he exited the glass enclosure and wrapped it around his waist.

The phone was on speaker before he held his hand out for it, "Kai?"

"Alpha," He sighed in relief. "Look, I know we have much to discuss, but we can't speak over the phone for long in case anyone's tapping in."

"Kai," Aiden snapped his friend into attention. "Are you and Matt okay?"

"We are," He answered and Aiden's shoulder relaxed with relief. "There's a lot to explain, but I need you to come to me."

"Your number says you're local."

"We're in a small town a few hours up the coast." Aiden and I exchanged a curious glance before Kai went on. "I'll drop you the location, but we don't have much time. You'll have to leave by sunrise, and ensure you're not followed."

"I'll be there."

"And Alpha... look, I know you trust Dylan, but I don't. So, don't let him see you leave and for God's sake check the car you use before you do. He could have installed a tracker or messed with the battery again," I could hear the frustration in Kai's voice along with the hope that Aiden believed him. 

"Trust me Kai, there's a lot we need to tell you too," I answered. He'd left before Dylan's doomsday of a birthday party, so he was yet to catch up on to the Gamma being officially kicked out of the pack. 

The silence that followed clued me into his shock at the turn of the conversation, but he quickly composed himself and said, "I'll see you tomorrow and we'll talk then."

Aiden ended the call and before he could say a word, I said, "I'm going with you."

He pressed his lips together, looking aggravated, "Fine, but if something happens-"

"It won't."

"But if it does," He pressed as he held my shoulders, "you run okay. You run as fast and as far as you can, preferably into the sunlight." 

My fingers reached out and grabbed the towel that was wrapped around his waist, dragging his wet skin flushed to me, "If you think for one second I'd ever leave you, then you haven't been paying attention, Alpha."

His lips brushed my hairline as he said, "Ohh, I've been paying attention, but I won't stop the hope that someday you'd actually listen to me."

"Where's the fun in that?" I grinned at him before asking the question we're avoiding. "Do you think they found the Mélusine?"

With a pinched eyebrows he considered, "If they haven't then it's something close enough. Hopefully they have the answer as to why Jenny's blood healed you."

"Would they...do you think it's a trap?" I worried my lip between my teeth. I trusted Kai with my life, and I knew Aiden did as well. Maybe it was the sting of Dylan's betrayal or the odd circumstances of Kai leading us way from the castle, but I felt on edge. 

"Kai wouldn't do that," Aiden decided. "If by some chance they were captured, he'd find a way of telling me through that brief phone call."

I nodded, knowing he was right. Yet I couldn't shake the feeling that after tomorrow, we were in for a fight that would end with spilt blood. Whether it stopped at wolf blood being lost in battle or merfolk blood being stolen by vampires, I had yet to see. 

At some point this battle had to end. I'd prefer it in be sooner rather than later, because it was time for the Oaks Pack, my pack, to live. 

"We should take Dr. Nazra with us," I said. 

Sighing, he nodded, "I'll mind link them to meet us."

Over the next hour, Aiden and Rick argued over this strange meeting, which was to be held at a small, rural town according to the coordinates Kai had sent. I could sense the distrust that Aiden had mentioned earlier, it was written all over Rick's expression. 

I could tell Rick was still dealing with Dylan's lies, seeing as they'd become brothers as Beta and Gamma, but Aiden reassured him that Kai wasn't Dylan. Calypso also butted heads with her mate as she wanted to tag along, worried over our safety. I'd never stop her from wanting to help, but I agreed with Rick on this matter, she has to stay in the castle. 

The danger of the situation was already unknown, if anything were to happen to Aiden or I, Tourmaline would need Rick and Calypso. The pack would need them. 

Tourmaline, we'd also kept out of the conversation but Jenny, however, followed Calypso up here and now she also demanded to tag along. 

"The last thing we need is to watch out for you if we have to fight," Aiden said, refusing to let her go with us. 

She glared at him, an argument on her lips, but I started before she could say anything. 

"We should let her go," I told Aiden, who turned to me with shock as did everyone else. Despite what I'd said to Jenny earlier, about her bad decisions made to protect her mate, I knew I'd do anything to keep Aiden safe. "If the mélusine are here, I think it would be best to have a mermaid with us. Maybe they'd be more amiable to our situation and help. Plus, her determination to save Anvi - while not the right approach - is admirable. She'd do anything for her, which means she won't be a liability." 

"Thank you," She said to me. 

I nodded once, the bite of her plot against us still fresh in my mind. 

Aiden raised his brows at me curiously, but I simply shrugged. 

With that set, we were officially a party of four, Aiden, Dr. Nazra, Jenny and myself. 

Calypso left shortly to check the car for any possible tracking devices or faulty systems, while Aiden and Rick gathered weapons to kill blood suckers. Jenny looked up the small town, noting it was mainly a port for transporting vessels and a harbour for local fishermen, while Dr. Nazra went back downstairs to feign a headache and put one of her trainees to oversee the infirmary. This way, she'd be in the clear to easily disappear tomorrow. 

I, on the other hand, planned my escape. If I had to leave the castle undetected with the others tomorrow, going out the front door was not an option. As I looked out the window of the castle, I determined it was also not an option. Unless, I'd wanted to break my neck on the way down. 

"I'll cover you," Jenny's voice called from behind me. 

Turning away from the window as I lifted a brow in question, "I think that green hair of yours will track more attention than not."

Scoffing, she shifted her attention back to the laptop where she was booking the hotel rooms, "I meant with my blood, unless you'd rather  jump through the window."

"I'd rather  jump through the window," I said, making a face at her idea. 

"You'd only need a little blood, since us merfolk have subtle a scent. Not that I have much to spare anyways, seeing as I gave you some not that long ago."

"Your blood has more than been replenished by now," I rolled my eyes at her.

"So, I'll take that as a no?"

"It's a yes," I sighed, having no other option. "Why are you so keen on helping, anyways? Aiden already agreed to help get Anvi back."

"And for theat I should be thankful," She said seriously. "My life hasn't been all rainbows and dolphins. I left my home behind when Queen Amethyst moved us here, I lost my family when I was young and my mate was stolen from me while I was blackmailed. And yeah, maybe I deserved some of it for doing shitty things, but if I intend to get Anvi back then I need to help those who'll help me. Most importantly, I need to become the kind of person who she'll love, because Anvi will never forgive me once she learns what I've done over the pass few years. I know she'd hate me if she knew I put Tourmaline in danger."

"I can't say she won't," I said honestly, "but what would she say if she knew what you'd been through for her? What you've done at the hands of the vampires to ensure she stayed alive?"

There was a clarity in her eyes then, the scrunching of her brows as tears brimmed her eyes. She'd never thought about it that way. 

A/N

She's ALIVE! And by she, I mean me. I'm so sorry for the worry guys (and the long wait, yikes). I won't be surprised if I lost many of you as it's been three years :( But I plan to finish this story! It must be done. Chapter 35 should be uploaded right after this one, so look out for that. More explanation will be posted on my account soon.

Song: Hozier - Better Love

I hoped you enjoyed the chapter

If you did then please consider:

Voting + Commenting

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

585 5 21
Everyone talks about how precious is the mate bond, how it is the most important thing in the life of a werewolf, and how it should lead us, shape...
477K 12.8K 22
Peyton Athens Reid is the runt of his pack he's an intersex omega born from a beta family. His parents ignore him, his older twin siblings hate him...
2.4K 214 25
Autumn- I am not wolfless but my silver wolf needs my mate to unlock its potential. I'd been mateless for years until the fight that suddenly erupted...
438K 12.2K 53
~~~*Complete*~~~ Alpha Alexander Weston is a ruthless killer when it comes to ruling his pack. No one should ever double cross him and death and des...