SMILE.┃ park jongseong ✔︎

By page_sandy

❝ Fuck off. ❞ He's the type of man she despised. It all started when a girl, whose paranormal disability was... More

Characters
Prologue
Chapter 001
Chapter 002
Chapter 003
Chapter 004
Chapter 005
Chapter 006
Chapter 007
Chapter 008
Chapter 009
Chapter 010
Chapter 011
Chapter 012
Chapter 013
Chapter 014
Chapter 015
Chapter 016
Chapter 017
Chapter 018
Chapter 019
Chapter 020
Chapter 021
Chapter 022
Chapter 023
Chapter 024
Chapter 025
Chapter 026
Chapter 027
Chapter 028
Chapter 029
Chapter 030
Chapter 031
Chapter 032
Chapter 033
Chapter 034
Chapter 035
Chapter 036
Chapter 037
Chapter 038
Chapter 039
Chapter 040
Chapter 041
Chapter 042
Chapter 043
Chapter 044
Chapter 045
Chapter 046
Chapter 047
Chapter 048
Chapter 049
Chapter 050
Chapter 051
Chapter 052
Chapter 053
Chapter 054
Chapter 055
Chapter 056
Chapter 057
Chapter 058
Chapter 059
Chapter 060
Chapter 061
Chapter 062
Chapter 063
Chapter 064
Chapter 065
Chapter 066
Chapter 067
Chapter 068
Chapter 069
Chapter 070
Chapter 071
Chapter 072
Chapter 073
Chapter 074
Chapter 075
Chapter 076
Chapter 077
Chapter 078
Chapter 079
Chapter 080
Chapter 081
Chapter 082
Chapter 083
Chapter 084
Chapter 085
Chapter 086
Chapter 087
Chapter 088
Chapter 089
Chapter 090
Chapter 092
Chapter 093
Chapter 094
Chapter 095
Epilogue
Special Chapter
Author's note + Explanation

Chapter 091

3.3K 316 126
By page_sandy

« removal »

What's going on?

The girl was sure that she still curved her lips into a smile but why wasn't it still working to the stranger- ' Shit, this is such a wrong timing. ' She's doomed with no help on the spot, making the youngster wanna whimper with no other words.

Before she met Jongseong, there weren't any certain reasons for her to continue living a miserable life but after she'd met him, the girl didn't wanna bid him goodbye. Not even once in this lifetime.

Just thinking about it gave her chills.

❝ Please go away! ❞ She panicked whilst screaming since her mind's distressed, even more than the necessary amount after predicting what's likely to happen.

She didn't wanna die in some creep's hands.

This wasn't how she wished her story of life to end.

Jongseong who's running as fast as he could with a hasty pace sweated as his whole body was speeding up like flash. ' Please be fine Mijin.... ' It's the only thing that he could pray for. The girl's security and that nothing would happen to her. She had her curse to be there, right? The boy could only hope that she'd rely on that at the moment.

Tears uncontrollably streaming down her cheeks proved how agitated she was, just at the scary person who kept on moving closer to her second by second.

The freak knelt on the rocky ground as it made Mijin be baffled by what he's trying to do. ❝ Oh, sorry miss. I didn't mean to frighten you. ❞ , he apologizes as Mijin felt anxiety letting her go at least. Guess she's being nervous for nothing after all. The stranger removed his hood to let the youngster be aware that he wasn't one of those psychos which she sees in movies all the time.

❝ I just wanted to ask for some directions. ❞ Revealing his phone where it showed the complicating pic of a map, the guy proved his innocence which had nothing to do with guilt. But Mijin's wobbly legs gave up as she sat on the rocky ground, helplessly keeping on reminding that it's just her insecure thoughts that were imagining negativity only. How could her mind be at ease when her stepsister could do anything deadly and toxic to her? 

❝ Mijin! ❞  , exclaimed Jongseong as he caught up to the girl who's very close to bursting into tears at the spot.

 The girl felt her tensed body and goosebumps drifting away after seeing her familiar boyfriend catching up to her as if she's the only importance inside his eyes. ❝ J-Jay... ❞ Her stutter made it so obvious that she's helpless the previous minutes ago. ❝ Hey, look at me. I'm right in front of you now, okay? ❞ were the things Jay reassured her before embracing her tight to let her ears only experience the wonderful sound of his rapid heartbeats which were concerned for her earlier.

❝ Yeah and I'm never letting you go back home alone like that ever again. ❞ Firmly intertwining hands with his soulmate, the boy made a promising face for Mijin to listen to his words so she wouldn't fall into harsh consequences like today.

❝ Gee Mr Park, guess I'll listen to you this time. ❞ Faintly smiling, Mijin switched onto another topic as her mind was recalling the memories about her smile which was now back in a regular condition.

It wasn't certified yet but seeing how the guy's normally fine even after seeing her smile made the youngster proud since she wasn't harmless anymore. But it could be dangerous for her to be out on herself and that's what made Mijin feel uncertain whether she's supposed to feel glad or not.

❝ Heyyy, why do you look like you have something to tell me? Or are you gonna give me a goodnight kiss, huh? ❞ Teasingly with wiggly brows, the witty boy flirts and Mijin just embarrassedly hit his chest playfully for getting so cheesy out of the blue. ❝ Aish bro, stop dreaming. ❞ Mijin shakes her head from side to side since she was flustered by his cliché words which the boy would always use to joke around her or easily moving heart into a beating mess.

❝ Haha, then tell me what it is. ❞ Playing with her hands as he patiently waited for her to spill the matter, the boy just showed her a cunning smile. An angelic one which she loved admiring to be specific.

Nodding while pouting her cute lips like a tiny duckling, she gripped her senses and comments together before gathering them as one. It wouldn't hurt to share her opinions with Jongseong since he knew everything in her life.

❝ My curse... ❞

Bringing up about the serious topic made the appealing guy's face serious as he wasn't light-hearted when it comes to her misery.

❝ I think it's gone for good this time. ❞

Her confession put a huge grin on the youngster as he speechlessly dropped his jaw with a serious expression. ❝ I'm not sure yet but it didn't work a few moments ago...❞ When she tried to hurt the creepy stranger cause he wasn't identified yet, she knew that she's lost her powers.

❝ Mijin... ❞ Trailing his deep voice off, the charming guy starts. ❝ That's the greatest thing I've heard my whole life! ❞ , exclaiming like a cute little child who just got his candy, Jongseong widened his eyes before expressing his emotions.

Well, if he must admit, he's a bit disappointed cause Mijin might lose her independence and security but he, who's her soulmate was there to protect of course. This was what they'd been wishing their whole life. Guess her misery's finally having an end after all. ❝ But how did it happen? ❞ The same question dwelled in Mijin's mind as well since she wasn't particularly living to lift the curse away from her life.

She didn't remember about the removal.

❝ I don't know either. But it doesn't rain anymore when I smile at the sky though. ❞ Lifting his eagle eyes along to where Mijin's gaze took him, the boy didn't see a single droplet escaping from the dim and limitless sky.

He couldn't feel more glad and relieved than right now to notice the relaxing smile taking full place over Mijin's face.

He loved to see it on her so freely.

The sobriety beaming on her face was outstandingly gorgeous and could be described in so many beautiful ways. His clouded mindset could finally find its light through the darkness.

The light named Hwang Mijin  who'd saved him from the wrong before it's too late.

Tugging her inside his hearty warmth, Jay just patted her head like a small little spoon who's being hugged by him.

❝ See? I told you that our bond's working. ❞ Chuckling as his honey tone passed her ears, the youngster just embraced him back tight.

Jongseong's hugs were indeed the best for her.

Staring outside the simplified glass window of their huge company, Mijin crossed her arms as she's fully invested in smiling at the glass window now that her curse was gone. She still hasn't figured out why though.

Tucking a wavy strand behind her left ear, the girl's who's in her chiffon patchwork with flared white sleeves and a bow decorated in the middle who impressed her as a rightful heiress of DIF, soon entered the meeting hall.

❝ Glad to see you here. ❞ , said Taehyun as he fixed his tie. The concerning inheritors were invited by chairman Hwang of DIF since he wanted to hold a meeting so bluntly.

Mijin sheepishly smiled at her soulmate who soon stepped into the congressional room with others as they made it seem less obvious that they're dating so the society would avoid judging about her income.

❝ As some of you may've known, meet Hwang Mijin. My first grandchild and supposedly the heiress of our company. ❞ Mijoo immediately stormed a disastrous gaze towards the chairman after hearing the old man's words which were too salty to her liking.

❝ But there's also Hwang Mijoo who's rightfully elected to be the inheritor as my other grandchild. ❞

Mijin mostly narrowed her eyes at her grandfather complex words. Was he on the first blood or Mijoo's side? She didn't care whether she'll get to become the real heiress or not since such things as greed and reputation didn't matter that much to her at all.

She just wanted to let Mijoo feel the bitter taste of vengeance.

She couldn't understand the grumpy old man's decisions nor what he's planning to do.

❝ However, there can't be two inheritors in one place. ❞ That concrete logic has been lasting for years and he didn't plan on changing it even if he loved his grandchildren fairly since they're also an essential part of his blood.

❝ So I declare that the inheritors of DIF shall compete throughout a contest to testify their truly belonged positions. ❞

« end of a chapter »

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

197K 8.6K 32
|| 🎥 This story is completed || •• #1 in 'Heehoon' (2021) ___________________________________________ A weird tension between them. ________________...
509K 23.2K 43
„𝙃𝙚 𝙢𝙖𝙙𝙚 𝙢𝙮 𝙡𝙞𝙛𝙚 𝙖 𝙡𝙞𝙫𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙝𝙚𝙡𝙡" Bully AU She calls him a little devil. He may have a handsome face but there is a lot more beh...
14.1K 557 41
they are just ordinary people. but their stories are different. one live a normal life and one was miserable. one day, fate brings them together. sta...
436K 19.4K 35
❝ 𝘸𝘩𝘺 𝘥𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘸𝘦𝘢𝘳 𝘢 𝘮𝘢𝘴𝘬 ? ❞ ❏ 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘴 𝘴𝘶𝘯𝘨𝘩𝘰𝘰𝘯'𝘴 𝘴𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘳 ? 𝘰𝘳 𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘺𝘰�...