Backstabber (Five Hargreeves...

By characters_need_love

[ON HOLD TEMPORARILY] backstabber : a co-worker or friend assumed trustworthy but who figuratively attacks wh... More

Check In
Introduction
We Only See Each Other at Weddings and Funerals
Run Boy Run Pt.1
Run Boy Run Pt.2
Run Boy Run Pt.3
Run Boy Run Pt.4
Run Boy Run Pt.5
Memes Pt.1
Extra Ordinary Pt.1
Extra Ordinary Pt.2
Man on the Moon Pt.1
Man on the Moon Pt.2
Man on the Moon Pt.3
Man on the Moon Pt.4
Tagged
Memes Pt.2
The Past of the Mystery Girl Pt. 1
The Past of the Mystery Girl Pt.2
Number Five
Memes Pt.3
The Day That Wasn't Pt.1
The Day That Wasn't Pt.2
The Day That Was Pt.1
Memes Pt.4
The Day That Was Pt.2
The Day That Was Pt.3
The Day That Was Pt.4
Memes Pt.5
Rescue the Princess Pt.1
Rescue the Princess Pt.2
Rescue the Princess Pt.3
Rescue the Princess Pt.4
Memes Pt.6
Rescue the Princess Pt.5
Fictional Crush Q&A Tag
Rescue the Princess Pt.6
Rescue the Princess Pt.7
Rescue the Princess Pt.8
Rescue the Princess Pt.9
Rescue the Princess Pt.10
Rescue the Princess Pt.11
Rescue the Princess Pt.12
Memes Pt.7
Rescue the Princess Pt.13
πŸŽƒπŸ’€Halloween SpecialπŸ’€πŸŽƒ
What Will Happen (Important A/N)
Rescue the Princess Pt.14
I Heard a Rumor Pt.1
I Heard a Rumor Pt.2
One of u needs to come clean
I Heard a Rumor Pt.3
Not a Chapter but Important
I Heard a Rumor Pt.4
I Heard a Rumor Pt.5
I Heard a Rumor Pt.6
Memes Pt.8
I Heard a Rumor Pt.7
I Heard a Rumor Pt.8
I Heard a Rumor Pt.9
Changes Pt.1
Changes Pt.2
Changes Pt.3
Changes Pt.4
Memes Pt.9
Changes Pt.5
Changes Pt.6
Q&A Pt.1
Changes Pt.7
Changes Pt.8
Changes Pt.9
Changes Pt.10
Changes Pt.11
Memes Pt.10
Changes Pt.13
Changes Pt.14
The White Violin Pt.1
The White Violin Pt.2
The White Violin Pt.3
The White Violin Pt.4
Public Apology
The White Violin Pt.5 (Final Part)
Memes Pt.11
Memes Pt.12
Five in Wonderland: Down the Rabbit Hole
Five in Wonderland: Advice From a Caterpillar
Five in Wonderland: The Grinning Cat
Five in Wonderland: A Mad Tea Party
Five in Wonderland: The Queens' Croquet Ground
Five in Wonderland: Who Stole the Tarts
Five in Wonderland: Five's Evidence (Final Part)
Introduction 2
Right Back Where We Started
The Frankel Footage
The Swedish Job
The Majestic 12 Pt.1
The Majestic 12 Pt.2
The Creatures of the Night Pt.1

Changes Pt.12

702 38 7
By characters_need_love

Song Choice: Lady Gaga - Bloody Mary

"You're done with the Despair Facility, right? Because I know being its new leader is a dream for you." Five asked, his trauma from all her past lies and betrayals and murder attempts started to make his suspicions rise. He still didn't trust her as much as he used to. Because as long as Lana was still alive-

(Y/n) dropped a singular decapitated finger with a bright red long nail into Five's drink.

Five looked at it and took "a wild guess" at whose it was. With (Y/n)'s top having blood stains and a familiar looking nail polish color, Five easily concluded what (Y/n) did when he and his brothers left.

And he was very much surprised but proud, he really didn't think she had it in her to do that to the person she thought the most of. Sure Reginald gave him trauma but he could never in a million years have the guts to do that, at least admitting to himself. Maybe it was him being a coward, maybe it was his own morals, or maybe it was some other third thing on why he couldn't imagine himself placing direct harm on his "father".

"If being in power means I have to become a complete lunatic with no heart then it's not worth it. Besides, getting what you want means losing what you already have. Five, with you by my side," (Y/n) grabbed Five's right hand and looked into his eyes, causing Five's face to get hot from the intensity of her firebrand eyes. "I feel like I can take on anything. You gave me the courage I needed to stand up to Lana. So please... be more confident. I believe in you, so you should definitely believe in yourself!"

The raise in voice volume stirred a certain male awake. Diego grunted and sighed, "Shit."

"Good, you're up. Ready for a drink now?" Five said while (Y/n) wanted to disappear, knowing Diego didn't think very highly of her even though she got him out of harm's way at the Facility... even though in hindsight it was her fault he was in danger in the first place.

Diego jumped up, looking around. "Where is he?"
"I let him go."
"You what?" Diego said with a betrayed look in his eyes.
"Now that the apocalypse is over, it's time for the fighting to stop."

Diego whipped himself around and snatched one of his weapons off the ground. "Hey, he didn't kill Patch! His partner Cha-Cha did." Five called out.

"So what?!" Diego aggressively said. "They were both there that night."

"This half of the partnership gave me both of their guns. Which will clear you, because the ballistics will match Patch's crime scene. Hazel came here looking for a way out. He wanted a fresh start. And he happened to have in his possession the one thing that could do our family a little good. So it's time to move on."

"Not a chance." Diego said without hesitation.

Five sighed, giving up. "Suit yourself. C'mon (Y/n)." The hitman and the assassin both hopped out of their seats, the girl tailing behind the boy.

Five stopped. "By the way, Diego. (Y/n)'s officially on our side for good now. (Y/n) you got anything you would like to apologize to Diego for?" Five said to the girl beside him like he was talking to a child.

(Y/n) folded her hands and held a regretful, soft face. "I'm so sorry for... for everything. For every sabotage and nearly getting you killed by my jealous ex-friend. I humbly ask for your forgiveness." (Y/n) knew that apology probably wasn't as good as her one with Five but Diego's deep dislike for her was on a totally different level than Five's lack of trust due to dejection.

Diego looked sorry for her as he said. "I'm deeply sorry, you're a very nice girl but... I can never trust you because of your past actions."

(Y/n) pursed her lips to prevent too much of a sad frown and nodded understandingly. She turned to walk away with Five. 'He'll come around. He's just never had her on his side.' Five told himself, confident in the fact that Diego will grow to learn to trust and believe in the ex black hearted.

"I am curious." Five stopped once again and turned around to Diego. "Your girlfriend, Patch. What did you like about her?"

"A lot of things." Diego answered. "Cute butt. Nice legs."

"Anything a little more profound than that?" Five sighed out with (Y/n) standing meekly behind him, ready to leave when he was.

"She believed in people. No matter how much shit and filth she saw on the streets. She always saw the good inside."

"Well, I'm sure she'll be proud to know that you're killing Hazel and Cha-Cha as a way to honor her memory." Five said walked away with (Y/n) following.

~

"Hey you have the 1986 Bon Jovi 'Slippery When Wet' album record!" (Y/n) said as she reached for the familiar looking grey album cover that was at the top of a stack of other albums that held records from the 80s. "I think this is the one with 'Wanted Dead or Alive'." She said as she showed Five.

She was about to put it back on the stack until she saw another certain black and white album cover that was next in the stack. She gasped again. "And Scorpions' 'Love at First Sting' from..." She used her hand to cover the date, wanting to try and guess with her memory. "1983?" She uncovered it to reveal the real date. "Oh, 1984, I was a year off."

Five smiled at the sight of her quick smile from just looking at album covers and walked over to her. "And 1981 Foreigner's 4th album! God I love 'Juke Box Hero' and 'Waiting For a Girl Like You'. 1988 Poison 'Open Up and Say Ah' with 'Every Rose Has its Thorn' and 'Nothin But a Good Time', that song is like my theme song! Twisted Sister's 1984 'Stay Hungry' album! Ooh this one has 'I Wanna Rock' and 'We're Not Gonna Take It'. Ya know, Twisted Sister's music videos changed my life." (Y/n) ranted the more she looked through the stack.

She looked up at Five with big sparkling eyes. "You didn't tell me you also liked rock music!" Five had the mind to tell her 'oh yeah I totally do, we have another thing in common' but he knew that desperate statement would be too big of a lie to live with.

"I actually don't even like rock, I just... wanted to give your interest a try." He said with a light blush creeping up his neck, his eyes darting away from hers. (Y/n) gasped in offense. "How can you not enjoy rock music?! It's the perfect kind of music to dance to!"

'It hurts my ears when they just scream in mics and they have sex 20 times a week, your taste in music is terrible.' Is what Five would've said if he was talking to literally anyone else, but since his soft spot for (Y/n) was bigger than his honesty he chose a nicer set of words. "I just don't see the appeal, in concerts the singers would literally mumble the faster words." "Because they're freaking rock stars! That's just what they do! They do it so fast that the audience doesn't even notice." She defended.

"I still don't get how you ended up liking it." Five admitted, since her bubbly personality didn't necessarily fit the average die hard rock fan.

(Y/n) shrugged and went back to flipping through the records. "Both my parents were headbangers in the 80s so I grew up with them playing all kinds of hair metal rock music around me."

Five squinted at her with curiosity. "(Y/n)... what did happen to your parents?"

Said girl instantly stopped happily flipping through the records which unsettled Five greatly.

She didn't move at all as her eyes widened to a large size. Quick memories flashed through her brain, her chest filling up with extreme mournful regret and trauma.

Five placed a hand on her back which made her shiver, her shoulders tensing. Five looked at her with sympathetic sadness. 'What horrible thing did Lana do to them?'

"I don't want to tell you. Because if I do, you won't look at me the same way. I'm really trying to be seen in a different light and I don't want my past actions to be brought up and ruin everything I've worked for."

Five was able to take a guess at what those words meant but he still wanted her to say it, just to clarify. "(Y/n). I said I didn't want you hiding anything else."

(Y/n) didn't let herself think too much about it so she quickly admitted one of her biggest odious shames. "I killed them."

Five felt himself tense up in sudden shock, his stomach turned.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

253K 4.4K 38
Read at ur own risk... this is from my imagination and if u don't like smut then don't read. It's going to be a long story. Basically- You ended up...
5.4K 61 16
( sorry for any incorrect spellings ) " you act so innocent yet here you are spilling lies and playing your little game like were just some board pie...
2.2K 383 29
Who is a friend? This question has been asked by everyone. But what happens if your best friends are your worst enemies? Friendship and Deception see...
3.4K 355 76
When being betrayed by the who is close to you.