Identity V

By naurbcyaur

Detective Orpheus, a miserable young man wo hardly got any orders for his job as a private detective, suddenl... More

The order
A hidden room
Let's have a conversation...
Defeat
The host
Dinner
The game begins
Escape
Quick info about the story
Run!
We did it
Welcome back
Where are the others?
Dreams are dangerous
The common room
Carneval
Memories
Past Mistakes
Puzzle
Orpheus

Breathe

22 1 0
By naurbcyaur

Patricias diary

The creature was now standing in front of our lockers, I didn't know if it saw us entering them but I knew that it guessed we hid there. I started to hold my breath, the musty air inside of the locker was making my head hurt even more.
I felt like I was about to faint.

My heart was beating faster and faster and my sight started to get blurry. My limbs felt so numb and if I wouldn't have had the walls of the locker surrounding me, I had fallen to the ground. He slowly stretched out his pale hand with claws so dangerous and spiky I have never seen on any animal before. He grabbed the handle to my locker and I thought this was going to be my end.
I would die.

Nothing could have saved me anymore, there was nowhere where I could run to and my skull wouldn't have helped me either at this moment .
Every chance of escape was lost right now and the fear and stress caused an intrusive image to come to my mind about how this creature will slice me up and how I will gasp for my last breath with dark blood all over my body.
I closed my eyes.

I have never felt so much fear in my entire life.
Tears where streaming down my face and I quietly started to whimper and whine.

Suddenly a very loud noice was echoing over the place, I didn't know what it was, but that old factory on the other side of the place was starting to get slightly illuminated. My heart was beating faster and faster and I really wanted to gasp for air right now, but it just seemed impossible with this monster in front of me.

The hunter quickly turned around and walked towards the factory.

I took a deep breath and sank to my knees in relief.
Thank god!

I was finally able to exhale and to calm down.
Closing my eyes and sitting there in pure silence felt so good at that moment, it felt like a present from the universe to me.

I needed to breath for a second, not s second but a minute, or maybe more? In this moment I didn't want to do anything but breathing.
And then it hit me.
I was alive

I was shocked, terrified, hurt and I was 99% sure that this will cause a trauma,
but I was alive.

Questions where filling up my head:
what was this all about? Will this happen again? Will I die the next time?

But I didn't want to answer them right now, or ever...

I opened my eyes due to the sound of another locker next to me opening itself

It was Aesop. „ Miss Dorval?" he whispered. I took another deep breath and slowly opened my stall.
He looked just as terrified as me.
Glad I wasn't the only one...

"Are you okay?" I asked quietly. " Yes.. but you're clearly not okay.."

I just kept staring at him. I had no idea what just happened, I was petrified.. A tear slowly ran down my cheek as I opened my mouth to say something.

But I stopped myself and looked at my wounded arm instead. I took a deep breath again and resisted the urge to puke as I saw my deep red blood flow over my cut open flesh. Fear was spreading in my body, but at the same time some sort of relief. I took another deep breath and swallowed my upcoming vomit down again. What the hell did just happen...

I got chased by an over 6 feet tall monster who was thirsty for m y blood and who chased me down this strange place of pure nothing. I didn't know what to say, what to do, how to act! I just stood there and looked at my arm with disgust and Aesop didn't say anything either.

He just stood there, looking at me with worry.

A few minutes of uncomfortable silence passed.
" Let me look at your arm." I was startled by his sudden words. He grabbed my arm gently and pulled out a few bandages out of his pockets.

I just let him do his thing, I was too mixed up to ask questions and I think he was too mixed up to answer them.

He slowly wrapped the bandages around my arm but no matter how gentle he was, it still hurt like shit. I took a sharp breath and made a painful face. But now wasn't the time for whining and crying so I pulled myself together and resisted the urge to start screaming in pain. He finally finished and just stared at me again.
I wondered what that loud noice from the factory was..
Could it be that the others were here too?

Vera's diary

" I DID IT! " I started laughing and jumping, I must have looked insane while I was jumping in joy after I finished and fixed the cipher machine. Luca sighed in anger. " First of all WE did it.. And second of all, can you shut the hell up? There is a MURDERER walking around here and YOU just start acting like we're toddlers on a fucking playground!" He pointed at me aggressively with a face of disgust looking at me.

I rolled my eyes in annoyance. " First of all mister Balsa.. You don't even know if it's a murderer or something like that and "This murderer" is busy with Patricia right now. And let me be fucking happy, at least I'm staying positive!"
He hit the machine with his fist. " Just stay quiet and now listen to me for once! ", he pointed at me again

" You will look for an exit right now and I will see if there is another one of those machines here. I don't think one is enough for an exit to open so there are probably some more here. If the exit doesn't open, what will probably be the case, you will also look for another one of those machines and just do what you just did right here. Got it?" I rolled my eyes again.
" Yes sir." I said sarcastically and started walking away from him with crossed arms.

Aesop's Diary

I put the bandages around Patricias arm and she seemed to calm down again. I wished I could calm down.. On the outside you didn't see how mixed up I was, but on the inside.. There was no time to worry about my anxiety now, so I tried to pull myself together. Miss Dorval seemed to think about something really intensely and pondered about it for minutes.
" Is there a problem, Miss? " She took a deep breath and curled one of her braids around her fingers.
" The hunter... He uh.. went into the direction where this loud noice came from... I wonder what it was. Is someone else here?" This moment of realisation hit me deep in my chest.

The cipher machine,
Miss Nair and Mister Balsa really fixed it.. But what's more important now is that they are in terrible danger.

" Mister Balsa.." I muttered. Patricia made a shocked face
"Luca!? They're here?" She seemed relieved but at the same time petrified. I gave her a scared look
" And Misses Nair..." She gasped and seemed to slowly get more and more scared
" They... They're in danger now.." She put one of her hands above her mouth and it looked like Misses Dorval tried not to scream. I expected her to start crying since I saw tears forming in her dark brown eyes but nothing happened. No, instead she took a deep breath, closed her eyes for a second and then said

" We need to help them", she then walked towards the factory, almost running.

" Misses Dorval wait!" She sighed " There's no time for discussing about this, Aesop! We need to help them and work together to get out of this hell!" She was in fact right but it was too risky to go near the hunter again.. Especially Patricia shouldn't go near him due to her wounds.
" But it's too dangerous... Especially for you, Miss. You are hurt!"
I told her in a slightly aggressive voice. She slowly turnt around
" I may be hurt but Vera and Luca may be dead if we don't help them!"

Then she ran away and left me in trance. She was right... This isn't just a silly game, this is a game of life and death. If I make one wrong move, if I'm not able to fix one of the machines in time, if I won't be able to be quiet enough for the killer to not notice me, I will die.
My life will be over and the last memory I have before I leave this world will be a vision of a bloody massacre...

Suddenly I felt fear.
I was never scared of death, I am an embalmer. I work with corpses everyday and I've always felt more connected to these lifeless beings than to living humans.
Death always seemed like a beautiful reward to me, so beautiful and charming that I actually got suicidal.

Of course I had the idea that this game won't be so peaceful as said in the letter and that some people will actually die here, but it never seemed too real to me and I wasn't scared of it at all.
Death felt like a dreamless and beautiful deep sleep I will never wake up from.

My body would get pale and my flesh would start to rot, my lips would turn blue and my limps would turn numb, my soul would just fall asleep forever.
It all sounded like a dream to me, a dream where I'm one of the corpses in a coffin getting embalmed and then burried 6 feet underground. It was like a perfect film to me.

But now... I was actually scared.
I could feel how my wish to die slowly disappeared and how a brand new craving developed in me.

The craving for living.

- - - - - - - - - - - -
Hii!! I will try my
best to update more regularly now and write longer chapters (:

- - - - - - - - - -

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Untangled By Stephanie Aston

Mystery / Thriller

1.1K 397 47
I slammed the table loudly and groaned out of pain. Not only the pain from the headache I was having right now. But also from the memories flooding m...
6.7K 414 100
(Fanmade between Identity V and Danganronpa -The Crossovers- READ DESCRIPTION FIRST!) "True Desires Comes With A Price. And that's something the surv...
108K 2.5K 43
I am new to writing x readers, but not to writing! I hope to use this as practice to get better, and to give something for people to enjoy! With that...
450K 14.7K 33
COMPLETED at 79092 Words (only story) 'Remember. Control.' Ding. I walk into a underground tunnel that seems to have no exit except the weird elevato...