The Badass Nerd

By random_quills

"What the hell did you do!?" I heard a feminine voice behind me. I groaned and turned around to meet a very a... More

Cheese and Witcher
Valorant and Caramel
Date and hugs
Let you go
Break up and Punches
Cafe and Butt
Breakdowns and Sarcasm
That's what she said
Kit Harrington and Batman
Kisses and Sherlock Holmes
Lasagna and Zombieland
Drinks and Balls
STD and Hot Chocolate
Chocolate Mousse and Fifty Shades
Odin and Annoying Alarms
Biology Quiz and Karaoke
Blank Space and Daddy
Poisons and Hospitals
Big Hug and Crime Scene
Flings and PJs
Pure Evil and Six to go
Teddy Bear and Gamble
Football and Man-whore
Team Spirit and Uber
Something with 'B' and 100% score
Soft Tunes and Snores like a Whale
Walk of Shame and Badass Outfit
Fast and Furious and the Badass Nerd
Baby Shark and Halloween
Little Things and Red Flags
Disney Princess and Letters
Just Us
Editing Mode On

Irresistible Body and Library Aisle

1.1K 50 0
By random_quills

"Guys, I need to pee." Mark said for the fifth time  in the last half hour. And since we are in no hurry whatsoever, we have stopped at four places already because of Mark.
"Dude you are this close to filling a swimming pool with your pee. We are not stopping now. Hold it." Carter said and I laughed.
"Yeah, you are right. I am gonna hold it." He said sat back down.

*Five seconds later*

"Yeah, no guys I really need to pee." Mark said and Emma smacked his head.
"Pee in the wind." I said.
"Okay." Mark said and started  unzipping. We all looked at each other in horror.
"STOP!" All three of us said in unison and Mark stopped whatever horrifying thing he was going to do which was my idea, although it was a joke. We stopped again and waited till Mark finished his stuff. I turned the radio on and put a One Direction song, Little Things. Mark came pretty soon but I guess not soon enough for Emma.

"What took you so long?" She asked.
"Hey! I have a small bladder and I drink a lot. Apologies for staying hydrated." He said while getting in the car and we laughed. 
"Play Willow next." Carter said while looking ahead and looked at him in surprise. 
"You listen to Taylor Swift?" I asked him and he nodded his head.
"I love her. You don't?"
"I just think she is very cliché."
"Taylor was right. Some people just hate hate hate hate hate." He said while singing and smacked his head.
"Why do you girls love violence so much!?" Carter said while massaging his head where I hit him and I and Emma laughed.
"Because Mark taught me. It's his fault." I said pointing at him and he jerked up. I guess he was halfway through his sleep when he heard his name.
"Hey! I taught you for self defense dude."
"Yeah I wanna know this story. Liv mentioned this when we first went out to eat but she never gave me any details." Carter said and looked at Mark through the back mirror.
"I and Olivia are childhood friends. We used to spend all the time together. I don't even remember when we first met. We just sort of connected. She taught me how to cook and how to ride a bike and I taught her basic fighting skills. We used go on jogging in he morning then have some milkshakes at a small shop. I even spent all my time in her shop helping her make new recipes." Mark explained a fond memory flashed in front of me.
"Hey Mark, remember when we thought that we love spicy food and we love chocolate desserts so we decided to blend them in?" I asked and Carter looked at me in horror.
"You didn't!" He said and I chuckled.
"We absolutely did. We made a very spicy chocolate cookie..."
"And she shoved it down my throat because I was her Guinea pig." Mark said and huffed.
"Hey you don't complain when I let you taste good stuff like mint cookies." 
"Point. Anyway those cookies were a disaster. We had to eat like five pastries to get that dreaded taste off our mouths." Mark said and gagged. 
"I am glad I was given a good recipe to taste. I mean that mousse was awesome." Carter said and Mark gaped at me.
"You let him taste your new recipe? And you didn't even tell me about it?" He asked and I rolled my eyes.
"Don't be overly dramatic. I didn't ask you because you were busy." I said and looked at Emma who was looking outside clearly uninterested with the conversation. When Mark realized what I was talking about, he blushed and shook his head.
"Yeah kay, point taken but when will get to try it?" He said and shuffled through my bag to take out the mousse I packed earlier. 
"Right now?" I said and gave him the box with a spoon. He gladly took it from me and started shoving it. That caught Emma's attention and they both ate like they haven't had food in a long time. I looked at Carter and he was laughing at Mark and Emma.
"You don't want?" I asked and he briefly looked at me before focusing on the road again.
"Uh.. no offense but I don't like chocolates that much." He said and scratched the back of his neck. 
"None taken. I don't like it either." I said and looked at me with surprise.
"But you work in a bakery." I rolled my eyes.
"Welcome to the irony of life. I love cooking but that doesn't mean I like all kinds of food. A chef doesn't necessary needs to be a foodie." I said and he nodded thoughtfully.
"Damn! That was good Liv. Do you have some more?" Mark said and I laughed at him.
"No, that's all for today." I said and he pouted. 

For an hour we kept driving according to directions from Google maps. We stayed in constant contact with the other car to make sure we aren't going in different directions. Mark and Emma kept fighting about whether anime is better or k-drama. Personally speaking, I like anime more because k-drama is literally a lot of drama. And the romantic stories go so slow, I would rather die than keep watching it. 

I glanced at Carter but he was driving with all his focus. He seemed to be in some deep thought.
"Penny for your thoughts?" I said and he jerked up as if I just pulled him out of whatever he was thinking. 
"Nothing special. Just thinking why these two aren't dating already." He said and I looked back. They were so focused in their discussion, they didn't even hear what Carter said. I chuckled and looked back at him.
"Hm, that's something to ponder upon but were you really thinking that?" I asked him and squinted my eyes at him. 
"You want me to think about you?" He smirked.
"I am thinking about you so I thought maybe you would want to return the favor."
"I will but tell me first, what are you thinking about me? My irresistible body, my handsome face? my charming personality?"
"Your huge ass ego." I said and he laughed.
"You really are a piece of work, Claire." 
"What's that supposed to mean?"
"Take it in a good way. You are one of a kind."
"Kinda like you?"
"Kinda like me."

We reached to our hotel and I saw the lobby was empty. Either the other already came and settled in the room or they are yet to reach. I quickly texted in the group and they said they will reach here soon.

"See you in the beach baby." I winked at Carter and left with Emma to check our room. It was perfect for five people. It had a huge bed in the middle and I guess we are scooching for the night. It also had a huge TV facing the bed and water bottles on the night stand. The lighting was perfect and it had sufficient walking space. I put my bag down and went in the bathroom. It had a huge mirror stuck on the wall and a wash basin below it. Opposite to it was a tub with curtain covering it. They provided us with basic amenities as well like shower gel, conditioner, shampoo, etc. For the fact that we would be dividing the cost five ways, it was a pretty good place. Emma went for a quick shower first. She is a Monica, remember? While she was bathing, I went through my bag and decided to wear a denim shorts, a peach spaghetti and a multi colored shrug. It will pair nicely with my hat giving a perfect beach look. She came out pretty soon and I took a quick shower myself. When I came out, Sofia, Ashley and Mia were in the room talking to Emma. After everyone was ready, we decided to o to the guys room. We can all go eat after that.

Emma knocked on their door and I thought they would invite us in but Mark's head popped out.
"Let's go eat you guys, I am hungry." Sofia said and we all nodded.
"Yeah we are just getting ready. Give us like four..."
"We can wait for four minutes." Emma said and we all shrugged.
"....ty minutes." Mark finished and we gaped at him.
"Dude we need more time to make up than you do and you need extra time."
"Well, yeah give us at least 30 minutes."
"Listen here Mark, I will give you five minutes and if you don't come out by then, I will barge in and eat everyone alive!" Emma said in a low threatening tone and we all gulped. We know never to mess with a hungry Emma.
"Five it is." Mark said and went back in. True to his words, Mark cam out in five minutes followed by a very irritated Noah, Chris, Joe and Carter. 
"What's up their asses?" I asked Mark and he laughed nervously.
"You would think guys take seconds to get ready but trust me, that is not the case." He said and I chuckled.
"So, they are mad because they didn't get their make up done?" I asked.
"We can hear you, jackass." Noah said and I laughed.

We sat around a king sized table and ordered many dishes considering how hungry we were. 

"So, let's deal with the elephant in the room, what is the deal with you and Chris." Ashley asked looking at Sofia and she blushed. Chris laughed nervously and looked at Sofia. 
"Yeah, so we met in the school library." Sofia started abut Mark and Carter interrupted her.
"Since when do you go to library?" They asked at the same time looking at Chris and he blushed.
"Hey, I am a very intellectual person. I like reading." He said and Mark looked at him as if he doesn't believe him. Chris sighed.
"I was making out with a girl there." He said slowly and we all laughed.
"Yeah, now it sounds like you." Carter said.
"Anyway, I was in the library where they were...well, let's just say, boinking. They were startled when I came to their aisle. They both looked at me and the girl, whoever she was said something mean to me. I was going to punch her in the face until Chris told her to leave and called her a whore. Granted he himself was being one, but since I like him now, I can overlook that." She said and Chris turned into a tomato.
"And when did this happened?" Mia asked.
"About a week ago." She said. I would be lying if I said I wasn't scared for Sofia. Chris now seems like a nice guy but honestly, he is like a previous version of Crater. I was able to trust him again because he showed me how much I meant to him. He change himself but it just has been a week since they started dating and I didn't want Sofia to get hurt. I made a mental note to talk to her later about this. She didn't ask for my opinion but I'd be a bad friend if I didn't tell her what's bugging me at least once.

After we were done, we paid our part and went to the shore. It was very quiet since it was not a famous beach. We clicked multiple pictures and asked one of the other people that came to the beach to click our photos. We kept our phones in a safe place and ran to the ocean. I was the first one to jump in and others followed. 

"Geronimo!" Carter shouted and splashed water all over me. I was trying to search where he went until I felt a tug on my legs and before I knew it, something pulled me in. When I tried to open my eyes underwater, Carter was smirking at me. I quickly came back up and glared at him. 
"Don't do that again." I said and he grinned.
"Can't promise that." He said and went back in.

.............

Damn you guys! I always wanted to go to the beach with my friends. Anyway, lemme know if you like this chapter. Vote and comment XOXO 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 45.2K 92
"You're mine. And I don't think you wanna go against that." Her eyes dangerously darkened. He gulped, and nodded a yes. --- Everybody has a story. An...
184K 2.6K 31
Enemies to lovers❤️ Imagine if your worst enemy would move in RIGHT NEXT TO YOUR HOUSE? This book about Grayson and Isabella will tell you how she ex...
3.8M 116K 44
He stares right at me, "You eat like a pig." "You look like a pig." I rolled my eyes, continuing to eat. "A pretty damn sexy pig." He winked. "You m...
1.4M 391 1
Lia I'm a sucker for romance, especially romance in novels because let's be honest, love like that doesn't exist in reality. Yet, he makes me feel a...