The Revenant Queen 2 (wlw)

By Kailaniarcher

FANTASY/ LESBIAN FICTION Chaos spreads among the supernatural world and amid the violence, hatred, and sabota... More

Author's Note
Epigraph
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty- Two
Chapter Twenty- Three
Chapter Twenty- Four
Chapter Twenty- Five
Chapter Twenty- Six
Chapter Twenty- Seven
Chapter Twenty- Eight
Chapter Twenty- Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty- One
Chapter Thirty- Two
Chapter Thirty- Three
Chapter Thirty- Four
Chapter Thirty- Five
Chapter Thirty- Six
Chapter Thirty- Seven
Chapter Thirty- Eight
Chapter Thirty- Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty- One
Chapter Forty- Two
Chapter Forty- Three
Chapter Forty- Four
Chapter Forty- Five
Chapter Forty- Six
Chapter Forty- Seven
Chapter Forty- Eight
Chapter Forty- Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty- One
Chapter Fifty- Two
Chapter Fifty- Three
Chapter Fifty- Four
Chapter Fifty- Five
Chapter Fifty- Six
Chapter Fifty- Seven
Chapter Fifty- Eight
Chapter Fifty- Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty- One
Chapter Sixty- Two
Chapter Sixty- Three
Chapter Sixty- Four
Chapter Sixty- Five
Chapter Sixty- Six
Chapter Sixty- Seven
Chapter Sixty- Eight
Chapter Sixty-Nine
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter Twenty

2.1K 131 47
By Kailaniarcher

At the sight of those familiar eyes, of humbleness and gentleness, Isabella was left dumbfounded. She couldn't believe that the man stood there, and in all his glory. But could it be him, the sunny, charismatic man who was eager to learn about devils, to be wealthy, to learn and grow as an intelligent being, an intellectual force or was she hallucinating?

Probably.

Nothing had truly changed thought the older devil as she stepped away from the scene of her whipping her daughter like it didn't happen. She brushed off Wolf's magic. Her footsteps were slow and unsure as she neared the man and as expected she stopped short, her thoughts too thick and disarrayed to propel her forward.

It couldn't be, could it? She asked herself incessantly. Humans were not supposed to live that long not even if they learned magic, so there was no way that he could be alive....unless? No. She didn't want to believe that he was conjured from the dead, if so for what?
Even if the man was conjured from the dust, why was he there and what did it had to do with her? Were Isabella's thoughts. She left him behind for a reason, there was nothing special about this human despite him being an admirable wizard and a good friend. There was nothing that bound him to her, there was nothing he had that she needed or would like to see and that's why she erased him from her memories.

Yet her chest still flattered, her heart still tugged and goosebumps still decorated her flesh in those annoying patterns and she couldn't tell what exactly caused such a reaction.

For a moment, the creases between Isabella's brows relaxed as she admired the man. Aksel, across the room, seemed to mirror her reactions because there was no longer confusion on his visage but possibly interest. The man seemed genuinely intrigued to have seen the woman after so long but hidden behind his affability was uncertainty. He too felt like neither of them should've been there, particularly him. He didn't know why the other devil, Wolf found him within his haven, bringing him back into civilization.

At Isabella's uncertainty, her deciphering that she wasn't the only almost godlike soul in the universe, Colette took the opportunity to run over to her majesty along with McLean. Adira was fine, but her skin was marred in a few regions due to the whip lashes. The obscure cuts on her skin caused Colette to shudder. For a moment it took Adira a few seconds as she struggled to her feet but McLean was there, offering himself as a platform to use so she could pull herself upright and seeing that the brunette went further, extending her arm to her love.

Adira shook as she gripped the older man's oddly firm arm, pulling herself up. Her majesty groaned, feeling her side as it hummed from the pain of being bashed in. Her mother truly did a number on her but those wounds and injuries would be healed in no time but the whip mark?

"Jesus, you're bleeding so much," said Colette touching the woman's upper arm gently and frightened by the dark hue. The blood seeped from Adira's wounds heavily, the dark crimson painting the floor in all obscure patterns as they stopped due to the queen gently swaying from her disorientation.

"We need to leave," whispered McLean and Adira looked at him, and then to Colette.

There was still hostility flooding through her veins, how she wanted to turn around and drive that dagger into her mother's chest but she couldn't, she'd already caused enough mayhem for one day. Instead, Adira looked back at her mother and that was when she saw the other figure the older devil stood a few feet from.

This man was just as tall as Isabella, but his existence wasn't as blood curdling and menacing and her majesty figured it was because he was a stranger. But this stranger had interesting eyes, they seemed to look into the soul and the queen wasn't mistaken because as she lingered there trying to gather herself, the man glared at her and the way his eyes gazed upon her reminded her of something so familiar.

The strange man seemed taken aback but quickly that expression was replaced by kindness. But before Adira could question who he was, a sudden flash in the room indicated that elders were still trying to quell the other scuffles that were still perpetuated.

"Come," McLean said, hooking his arm against Adira's in the height of her curious gaze, drawing her attention. Both the man and Colette guided her out of the room but the queen couldn't help but look back at the man who seemingly couldn't take his eyes off of her either. He seemed to have many questions as did she but those questions couldn't be answered then

×

The door to the room slammed harshly as Adira locked both herself and Colette inside of her chambers. The woman, bloodied and dark with anger paced the room, refusing to speak due to the sudden realization of the extremity of the fight, the embarrassment from her mother, Colette witnessing all of it. Her gaze was hollow, her face seemingly carved from the toughest stone there was but there were cracks in that stone the brunette realized. And so, she just needed the right approach to get into those crack where laid the tender woman she knew who tucked herself away.

"Please let me help you, Adira," Colette pleaded, going over and carefully placing her hand over the woman's arm. She gently squeezed her majesty's arm, and at the feel, the queen relaxed. Her amber eyes were more than a hollow shell for a split second as she allowed the warm, familiar touch to wash her with the sweetest feelings. She wanted to crumble in Colette's embrace, she felt so angry at herself for going against her own words and causing such a nasty scene but at that moment Colette was so unaware of how she affected her, Adira thought observing the concerned face. The woman wondered if the girl felt that buzz too, that current that pulsated when she was near and or touched her. Adira knew she felt it and every single day of this new chapter of her life and the sensation grew.

"I know you're up-"

"You cannot possibly know how I feel," Snapped her majesty, but as quietly as possible. Her mood reversing and so unexpectedly and the iciness in her tone, despite her voice was so soft, made the girl flinch. Colette eyed her cautiously. She decided it was better to tread lightly but that was so hard as she wasn't used to watching her step with the queen, ever. She wanted to baby the woman, hold her, tell her she was being childish and that she should let her help but Colette couldn't do that.

In the silent room, Adira finally pulled her arm away but despite her anger, it was a gentle tug and even the brunette realized.

The taller figure paced quietly, her long black hair brushed and swayed at her hips each time she moved.

"Everything was her fault," said Adira.

"She embarrassed me in a room filled with people, she questioned my authority, painted me out to be this impulsive person, mocked me."

The queen glared at Colette and for a moment it was as if she could read the girl's mind and at the unspoken words, Adira looked away.

"And I proved her point,"

"Anyone with a rational thought process, unbiased, impartial could see that she incited you to behave that way. She even threatened me but they couldn't see that,"

"I showed them that I was the impulsive, power-obsessed woman she depicted me to be,"

"Your reasons are justified, for those who know the whole truth."

Adira scoffed.

"The council is aware of the whole truth but you know what they would've done from the inception? Make circles around the whole situation because before they would prosecute those blood-sucking ghouls, they would rather question my leadership, question my motives. My revenants and I weren't in the wrong, they counteracted the hostility that stemmed from me accosting Petra. And I went after Petra because she hurt you,"

"I know but.."

"But what?" The woman questioned her amber eyes to the smaller girl.

"You do not think I was right to defend us and our names the way I did? Edas was portraying this narrative that you and I are liars, he tried to make it seem like Oliver is insane and has no clue of what he saw and was I just to stand there and allow it to happen?"

The question lingered in the air for several seconds. Colette understood the woman's reasoning for going ape shit but now it would backfire. She could already feel it in her bones, the hum, the tragic words from the tragic songs of consequences that will soon follow.

"I...it was inevitable, Adira. I never wanted to see you in that light, to see you so violent and inconsolable but it was bound to happen. You scared me at that moment but do I think you were wrong for getting worked up? No. You gave Edas ample time to stop what he was doing and before that, you did the same with Petra. It is not your fault that they thrive off of toxicity and always choose chaos  but what I am shaken up by was you accosting him in the presence of everyone."

At those words, Adira's brows drew together in a slight frown.

"I'm shaken up because I know they will come for you because they did mention exacting punishment to all those involved in the situation and that includes myself. They now know I exposed my powers and I'm terrified."

"You have no reason to be terrified Colette, I will protect you," replied the queen, stepping closer to the girl but before she could run her hand across her face or even brush away loose strands of her hair away from her face, they were interrupted.

Mclean was the one to have barged into the queen's chamber and when he did, he was out of breath.

"You may need to come with me, your grace," he stated and the woman grimaced.

"For what?"

"We have visitors,"

Adira stepped away from Colette, annoyed to know visitors came by at such an inconvenient time.

"No, wait you need to be cleaned up first," stated Colette walking alongside the woman.

"I do not think there is time for that," replied the older man. "Isabella is here," he continued and the queen froze.

"Why is she here?"

"Apparently the council has come to an immediate decision and she was chosen as the emissary," 

Groaning, Adira decided to get cleaned up before facing her mother just an hour after they fought one another.

"Couldn't they have sent someone else to my home?" She asked wearily and as she disappeared to get cleaned up, McLean turned to Colette.

"Brace yourself as I foresee another encounter like the one at the citadel. And it is advised that you stay put miss Rivers, Isabella did not come alone."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43K 1.4K 25
Satan has been mistreated since day one. Ever since her parents found out they were having boy and girl twins, they have been disgusted but the fact...
180K 12.4K 44
Forsaking God to kiss someone you hate might not be a smart decision, but damn does it hurt good. ✧.*✧.*✧.*✧.*✧.*✧.*✧.*✧.*✧.*✧.* Judith was never su...
7.2K 385 32
~Lesbian romance & Mature language~ *Second book in The Haven Series* *Cannot be read as a stand-alone book* Here we are five years later, fighting f...