Taming A Talkative

By Olajumoke_writes

(ʙᴏᴏᴋ #2, ʜᴏᴏᴋɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀɴ ʙᴏʏꜱ ꜱᴇʀɪᴇꜱ) They say uttering the Truth always, is the best policy... What happen... More

COPYRIGHT
Book Two Of Hooking The DAN Boys series
Prologue
Chapter 01- Don't Be Rude!
Chapter 02- Don't Be A Complainer
Chapter 03- The Hothead
Chapter 04- The Rancher's Daughter
Chapter 06- Until I Met You
Chapter 07- His Demons
Chapter 08- Don't Cause Trouble
Chapter 09- Don't Be Stupid
Chapter 10- I Need Her
Chapter 11- The Cold-blodded Human
Chapter 12- Started With A Note
Chapter 13- Unexpected Twist
Chapter 14- Girl of his dreams

Chapter 05- Don't Be Nosy

131 39 47
By Olajumoke_writes

Manchester

His spicy scent pulled me out out of my reverie as I slowly pried open my eyes to find him standing framed in the doorway with his arms crossed. I sucked in a breath at his intense gaze upon me. Something felt different about this look, he didn't look at me like he'd rather be in a smelly toilet than be in the same room with me, this felt very normal and it's getting me uncomfortable with every second seeing that I am not familiar with him showing a different expression other than disgust.

"Uhm what did she say?" I quietly asked and that seemed to make him snap out of it.

Clearing his throat, "Turns out you weren't bluffing." He said, straightening up, "I am going out now, help yourself to some spaghetti." He rushed out to say as he went to pick up what looked like a car key from the table.

"Where are you going to?"

"None of your business."

I frowned at his response, "Don't you think you are being nice by offering me some spaghetti?"

He paused by the door, heaved out a sigh and turned to face me with a crooked smile, "Don't get too ahead yourself, enjoy now cos this might be your last good meal for a very long time." He said and walked out the door.

I didn't have the chance to respond as he slammed the door shut. I punched one of the pillows beside me to let out my frustration, pissed that he got to have the last say once more.

"What does he mean by that anyways?" I thought out loud after I had calmed down.

Enough thinking about his annoying and weird behavior. I need to stay focus because he's not my priority right now. What I need right now is to eat, shower, set up my room and prepare for Monday. I finished with a mischievous smile.

"Oh monday monday! Here we come." I sang out loud, carrying my bags into my room.

***

"How long will it take you? You've been in there for over thirty minutes and counting. Lecture starts by ten and this is almost seven!" I wailed and continued banging on the door that had the toilet sign in a more persistent manner.

All I got in response was silence. Why do we have to share the same toilet? All I wanted to do is have my bathe and get prepared but Allen chose the wrong time to use the toilet.

I groan inwardly as I slid down the wall adjacent to his room, while I cast the toilet door a dark look, wishing it open. I wouldn't be surprised if he was engrossed in his game.

"Allen!" I cried out once more and still got no response.

I am going to kill him if I get to class late. I couldn't help but let my thoughts wander to how I had gotten late to class on myfirst day in high school and it was because of him...

↤↤↤↤↤↦↦↦↦↦

With every cereal I ate I got more anxious and angry with the thought of being late on my first day in school. I glanced at the grandfather clock that was hung on the wall for the umpteenth time and my heart dropped with a pang.

"Five minutes past seven." I gritted out to myself and losed appetite at the thought but I can't waste food. I could just hear dad's voice discipline me on food wastage and the consequences that comes out of it. I shuddered at the thought and continued to force the cereal down my throat.

It's been three days now since I came to live with the Abioye's and it's been exciting that is, if we scrap the embarrassing moment with Allen. I haven't conversed with him since then and I intend not to. We've both been avoiding each other and if the others had noticed, no one spoke about it. But something tells me I would be forced to speak to him this morning.

I had woken up early to get ready for my big day at school and waited patiently for Aunt Lola to finish up also, thinking she'd be the one to drive me to school. Sadly, she said I couldn't go with her since it was still so early at that time and that I wouldn't have met anyone in school.

So right now I am left with no choice than to go with Allen and he is yet to show up. I wish I knew the way to school.

"Morning." A voice greeted and I looked up to find Adrian, the second son pulling out one of the chairs beside me. Two things I have noticed about him is that he doesn't say much and he loves his phone just like his older brother.

"Morning. How are you?" I greeted warmly. At least he's still the nicer person out of them all, asides Nolan who is a fair weather friend as he only acts nice to me when his twin isn't looking.

"Angry." He replied in a nonchalant attitude.

I had to really look at his face for any sign of the said anger but he looked just fine to me, "Why?" I ask out of curiosity.

"I lost a bet." He answered, now pouring a generous amount of coco pops into his bowl of milk.

"Oh I am sorry about that."

"It's all good. So are you going to school with my brother and I?"

"Yes."

"Then I advice you put on your patient robe."

"Why is that?" I ask, piqued with interest.

"Cos I'm hundred percent sure we're gonna get to school late and something tells me you are not one to be tardy." He continued, now scrolling through his phone.

I gasped, "You can't be serious."

"Do I look like someone who jokes around?" He asked, looking straight into my eyes with utter seriousness. The answer was glaring, he didn't look like someone who has had a good laugh for a very long time.

"Look Adrian, you are right about me not being tardy for anything. So I would appreciate if you give directions on how to get to school." I gave him a pleading eye.

He didn't bat an eyelash at my antics, "I am the wrong guy to ask for directions, I don't know the way to the kitchen talk more of school." He said, plugging in his ear phones and dived right into his food.

I was at a loss for words at this news.

"And oh a friendly advice, don't think of going to disturb him cos he just woke up and the words he might utter to you may scar you for life." He continued not looking up from his food.

I don't know how he knew but I was ready to march upstairs and pound on Allen's room door but his warning made me rethink.

I settled back into my chair, exhaled loudly letting out my frustration in the process and vouched in my heart that today would be the first and last day I would go with them to school. I would pay attention to the roads toaday and go to school myself as from tomorrow.

↤↤↤↤↤↦↦↦↦↦

"Done." I heard Allen say.

I hadn't hear the door open because I was lost in my thoughts. "What were you doing that took you so long?" I ask, suddenly up on my feet.

"Such a nosy cat. Well my privacy my business." He answered and walked into his room leaving me to watch after him.

I rolled my eyes skyward, "So dramatic," I muttered and walked straight into the toilet and regretted it at once as my hands flew to cover my nose from the malodor, "there's nothing private about this business!" I yelled.

"Enjoy!" He yelled back in an amused tone.

...
An hour later I was ready and good to go in my pressed grey pants, a white buttoned shirt to the collar, dress shoes and a black handbag feeling fly and cat walked to the sitting room.

"How do I look?" I blurted out without thinking. I was now in the sitting room and giving Allen a pose but he didn't spare me a glance as he continued playing his game like I wasn't there.

I totally blame myself, I know his kind of person but I went right ahead to embarrass myself.

"Ugh! You are so infuriating. Anyway something smells good." I paused to sniff into the air.

"Sadly, I didn't make for two." He said finally looking up but stared at the wall behind me.

I gasped slightly, "So I am no longer invisible. Wow. Well that something smells like my favorite. Noodles." I challenged and started to cat walk towards the kitchen, a panel door that is on the west wall of the dining room.

I suddenly stopped in my tracks because he was already up in my face blocking the entrance. I must say his speed is something to be admired.

"Woah woah, where do you think you are going? When I said I didn't make for two, I meant I didn't make for you." He breathed out.

"I don't recall telling you that I don't understand english."

"That doesn't change the fact that I am gonna share my food."

"Four forks, please."

"Nope. Don't be a beggar. Go make yours."

"I feel insulted right now." I dramatically said.

"You should be."

"B-but I've got lectures soon. Just four... Okay three forks please." I pleaded once more.

"No. Your lecture is scheduled to hold by ten and this is eight thirty, but your lecturer would come in by eleven." He spoke as if he was sure of himself.

"You don't know that."

"Honey, this is the university. Uni101, never ever go to class early, you'd regret it."

I can't believe my ears, "I won't start my first day at school on a bad note." I said defiantly.

"Do whatever suits you but stay clear from my noodles." He responded in a dismissive tone.

"Arrrgh I totally hate you." I lashed out, turned around and headed towards the door.

"Hate me all you want, still not gonna share."

And I slammed the door in his face. What a great way to start my day.

...
Exactly twenty minutes later, I am walking into my first class with my course form in one hand. I scanned the lecture theater for available seats but realized that the hall was still scanty.

This is eight fifty-two and I could just make out twenty people that were already in class.

I could hear Allen's taunting voice flash in my head but I shut him out, "Better early than sorry." I muttered to myself and made my way to the front row.

I haven't finished settling down when I heard some movement behind me but I ignored it.

"Hello." I heard someone whisper into my ears.

"Ahh!" I yelped and jumped in my seat with my hands clutching my chest.

I looked back ready to see who had done that to me and give the person a piece of my mind but I got tongue tied instead as I took in the figure.

.
.

Another update! How did you see this chapter?

A heads up, there would be flashbacks in between chapters as it would help to explain some situations better.

A quick question - What kind of clothes are you most comfortable in?

Don't forget to vote, comment and tell a friend about this book.

Thank you.

σʅαʝυɱσƙҽ_ɯɾιƚҽʂ.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.2K 2K 35
"We need to talk".... "I've got nun to say to you Carru. So leave me alone".... "I said, we need to talk!".... "Who do you think you are ordering me...
5.7K 1K 32
Can a boy and a girl ever be best friends without having any secret romantic feelings towards each other? Bryan Ugwuoke and Jessy Black are childhood...
576 30 12
CONTAINS SEXUAL CONTENT. Not your typical Nigerian teenage story. 17 Year old's, Jessabelle and her Best friend Blessing ignorantly Fall in love. Bu...
5.9K 1.3K 51
"Do you have anything to say?" He shook his head, but never shifted his gaze from her face. "Well then, what do you want?" She snapped, tired of his...