1910 // l.h.

By Noelia_Tomlinson

"I don't understand, I don't understand why it has to be like this" I said as I stared at his blue eyes. ☆ ~... More

0.1
0.2
0.4
0.5
0.6

0.3

52 3 0
By Noelia_Tomlinson

Melody's POV

I woke up at the crack of dawn. I wanted to get ready as quickly as possible, and take a walk before my father wakes up. He tends to check on me every morning and I like my private time alone. I put on my robe that my maid left me at the edge of my bed. She knows that I like to wake up early. I open the door and quickly walk down the stairs trying not to make a noise. When I make it down I open the door for the backyard, which is basically a garden and the courtyard, and make my way towards the entrance of the garden.

I stroll down looking at the roses that were starting to bloom, since spring had just started, it looked amazing. I then walk deeper into the garden and find my very favorite and special flowers, tulips. This used to be my mum's garden before she got really sick, I used to help her tend it. I sigh as memories replayed in my head, I wanted to cry. I then take a seat on the bench that was next to me. I started thinking, will I ever find that special someone who will want to be with me? My mum would always talk about how she met my father, she had this special glow in her eyes whenever she would mention him. I wanted that, someone that would make me feel like I was on top of the world! Sadly I can't, because I have a boyfriend. It's not that I don't like him he's nice and everything but he's just not my type, but he's the only guy I know and my dad thinks it's the right thing to do. So basically I have to date him against my will.

My dad never let's me go anywhere. I'm home schooled therefore I don't know anybody and my only friend is my neighbor who's my best friend. It's a sad life I have, but I hope I get to meet someone tonight. Cause tonight we're having a party celebrating the success of my dad's business. The whole neighborhood is going to be here! I just can't wait!

Just as I was standing up I hear rustling near a bush. "Who's there?" I ask, usually its a squirrel, but surprisingly it's not.
"Hello?" I say as I walk closer to the bush, "You can come out, I won't hurt you" I say as the rustling continues and then it stops. A pair of pearcing green orbs stare at me. Whoever it was, they were stubborn enough not to come out, and I was getting nervous by the second.

"Melody! There you are dear, I've been looking for you for a while now. I should've known you were here" I turn around to see my maid, Glenda's worried face. "Your father is up already and is expecting you for breakfast." Glenda says as she interrupts me from continuing my investigation. Those green eyes were still staring at me, following my every movement I could feel it.

"Thank you Glenda, please tell my father that I'll be there in a few minutes" I tell her as i turn around to look at the bush one more time before I head inside.

"Yes mam" she nods "Don't forget to pick a dress for tonight Miss, it's going to be a spectacular party!" She tells me before I leave the garden.

After I'm done changing I head downstairs. Father was still waiting patiently for me at the table.

"Good morning father" I say taking a seat across from him.

"Good morning pumpkin" He looks up at me with a smile, as he holds the newspaper in his hand.

Pumpkin, that was what my mum used to call me...

"How did you sleep?" He asks me while setting down the paper on the long Mahogany table.

"Good father, how about you?" I say as I pick up my fork and start grabbing my waffles. YUM! It looked so delicious, I was starving already.

"Very good, are you ready for tonight pumpkin? I want you to get along with everyone tonight especially Ms.Hathaway!" He tells me with a stern face.

Oh God, not MS.HATHAWAY!!!! I hate her... She's a snobby woman who has been talking with my father a lot lately and I'm afraid she's been flirting with him which is so gross! I hate her so much and I know for a fact she doesn't like me either, it's really funny how we both fight for the attention of my father. Just thinking of her with my father and taking my mum's place made me sick. I was holding my knife so hard now and stabbing my poor waffle that my hand was turning white from all the force. Ok Melody chill, you got this girl!

"Oh yes father, I can't wait for today! And don't worry about Ms.Hathaway I'll be really nice to her today. Don't you worry father, I'll take care of her" I say with a smirk on my face as I took the last bite of my waffle.

Just then Glenda arrives at the table. "Melody you have a visit dear" She tells me, I look at her surprised. Who can it be, I rarely get visits.

"Who is it?" I ask her

"It's Michael, should I make him pass?" She asks me.

"Yes Glenda" I tell her. I wonder why he's here so early, the party doesn't start till later tonight.

"Melody, love how have you been?" Michael exclaims as he comes in and picks me up to give me a kiss. Father looked happy and satisfied with this, and I on the other hand was caught off guard which caused him to kiss me on the cheek. He looked at me kinda sad, cause I have never let him to kiss me on my mouth. No never have, and never will that's for sure.

"Good, how about you?" I ask.

"Well but I feel better with you next to me." He tells me with a wink as he let's go of me. My father clears his throat reminding us that he's still in the room.

"Anyways, I came here to propose you something" he tells me. I guess my dad sensed his presence was not needed that he then decided to speak.

"Well I'll leave you kids to talk" father says as he gets up, leaving his half eaten waffle at the table. Damn I could've eaten that waffle they're so good and delicious and-

"Melody!" Michael exclaims as he waves his hand in front of my face, "are you even listening to me?" He asks.

"Oh yeah, I have, I was just-"

"Then what's your answer?" He interrupts me, knowing that I wasn't really paying attention to him.

"Huh?" I say cluelessly.

"Exactly you weren't listening to me. I asked you if you wanted to go out to dinner with me tomorrow?" He asks me with a smile.

"Well, um..." How can I say no to him and not hurt his feelings. I don't like him like that, and if I go he will think this relationship is getting serious which it's not.

"Well?" He asks me as he looks at me pleading in his eyes.

"Ok, sure I'll go with you" I simply say.

"That's it? That's all you had to say?! I took me a while to ask you out on a date and that's all you say?!! I didn't even get a yes! Why?" He yells at me then looks down at his feet. I forgot about his anger issues he gets angry really fast and it's not pretty as you can tell.

"Do you not like me? Am I not good enough for you? Do you need more time to think about us?" He bombards me with questions. He then takes a seat at the table and grabs his hair with his hands.

"No honey" I try to soothe him by hugging him and rubbing his back. "It's not like that, it's just I'm not sure where this relationship is going, and having an official date is taking a huge step for me" I tell him, trying to calm him down. Last time when he got in a mood he almost throwed my lamp and broke my vase. So I was scared of what he'll do next.

"Really?" He looks up at me with hope in his eyes. "Are you telling me the truth?" He asks.

"Why yes Mikey! Look, the important thing is that I accepted to go on a date with you, don't start with this" I say as I walk away from him to look out at the window. I'm done trying to convince him. Every time we fight he always does this, mistrusts me and creates these crazy ideas. I can't stand it anymore!

I hear footsteps coming closer to me and soon his arms wraps around me. "I'm sorry Melody" he says as he nuzzles his face against my neck making me shiver. "You know I never meant it to get out of hand, I can't control this." He says, his hot breath hitting my ear. Damn he's so warm and cozy.

I turn around and hold his head between my hands. "I know Michael, but you have got to learn how to. Try at least, it's important if you want this to go any further with you." I rub his cheek with my thumb. He closes his eyes and takes a deep breath.

"I know Melody and I'm trying to change for you, look how about if I dance with you all night to make up for it. I know you love to dance!" He says as he wraps his arms around me once again hugging me.

I look up at him, "Alright, but promise me you won't start a fight or anything. I don't want a scene ok?" I tell him.

"No! I would never do that Melody." He says.

"Just promise me. Please?" I plead him.

"Oh alright, I promise you I won't start a scene, there happy?" He says.

"Yes" I smile as i jump a little to peck him in the cheek. Tonight was going to be amazing, and nobody was going to get in my way from having fun.

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡
A/N:
Sorry it's taking forever for me to update.
I have Band contest all week so things have been busy lately.
So, I hoped you enjoyed this chapter! XD
Big love to you guys! ♡
-NOELIA x

P.s. and yes chapters will get longer. :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

969K 24.3K 23
Yn a strong girl but gets nervous in-front of his arranged husband. Jungkook feared and arrogant mafia but is stuck with a girl. Will they make it t...
218K 9.1K 24
Where Lewis Hamilton goes to a cafe after a hard year and is intrigued when the owner doesn't recognise him. "Who's Hamilton?" Luca says from the ba...
501K 20.6K 61
╰┈➤ *⋆❝ 𝐢'𝐝 𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐮𝐥𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞-𝐛...
357K 15.5K 39
જ⁀➴ᡣ𐭩 hidden, various hazbin hotel characters x female reader જ⁀➴ᡣ𐭩 𝑰𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 we follow an angel named y/n, who had her bes...