Meethe Pal

By m4manju

Collection of Arnav-Khushi one shots written for their special days, show's milestones and readers' birthdays... More

1. 10 years & counting (A)- IPK anniversary June21
3. You may kiss the bride- wedding anniversary Oct21
4. Precious Pain- ArHi wedding anniversary Oct21
5. Bhaag gaye- ArHi contract anniversary Feb22
6. 10 things- ArHi Holi anniversary March 22
7. Save Your tears- IPK anniversary June22
8. Wedding Night- Birthday OS Nov'22
9. Shubh Shagun - birthday OS May'23
10. Kya Yahi Pyar Hai - birthday OS Dec'23
11. Switched at birth - birthday OS May'24
12. Tujhe Bhula Diya - IPK anniversary June'24
13. Kambakht Ishq - birthday OS June'24

2. 10 years & counting (K)- IPK anniversary June21

2K 135 16
By m4manju

Khushi looked from the kitchen counter at the father-son duo. They were busy playing some cricket videogame. Arnav was not much of a cricket fan earlier, but one would debate he knew much more about the cricket history now than he did about any other sport, courtesy his son! It was funny how Kavish, their 5 year old son, made Arnav not only sit through the live cricket matches being telecasted on TV but also play video games related to the sport. And Arnav happily gave into his demands. He no doubt was a doting father to her 'chikku' and to his 2 princesses. She smiled thinking about that.

"Mamma food" came a voice from behind her and Khushi turned to look at her 1.5-year-old daughter Arohi, who was sitting in her stroller and asking for her meal. Her other twin daughter, Shreeya was with nani and was probably taking a nap. Khushi often wondered how her twin daughters Arohi and Shreeya were so different from one another. Not only in looks, because that they were, Aru was Arnav's Xerox copy while Shree was a beautiful blend of them, his eyes-her smile but they also were different in personalities. Aru was very impatient and always demanded-nay-commanded attention, while Shree was very calm, very patient child. No one would notice there was a baby around for shree was that calm. They all used to joke saying shreeya was a reincarnation of some saint or philosopher!

Khushi remembered when she and Arnav first started trying to get pregnant. It was shortly after her 25th birthday and to be honest, that was her birthday wish! Though he argued that she herself was still a baby, he eventually agreed that it was not such a bad idea. "Your wishes are my dreams" he said. Another benefit to it was he really enjoyed every bit of the process, specially the 'trying' part!

She remembers the days of her first pregnancy, the crazy pampering by whole Gupta and Raizada clan, specially a certain laad governor who seemed to have made his office in their bedroom to be available for her all the time. And then how he panicked when she was in labor and how half of their family's attention went on to pacify him and tell him she was fine. He had made her swear that she will not make him go through it again, as if he were the one pushing a baby out from his body! But she understood he said all that because he was afraid of seeing her in pain, of losing her. And then there were their twin daughters. Despite him taking all precautions, they found themselves pregnant again after their yearly summer holiday in 2019. "I should have just gone ahead with the operation after Kavish's birth" he had cursed frustrated, after she refused to terminate the pregnancy. Khushi always knew he would eventually get over his initial fear and come around. And that is what happened. Whatever little apprehensions he had about their second child; it all went out of the window the moment he held their daughters. The world watched in awe as a once dreaded ruthless business tycoon ASR tuned into a most loving and mushy as it can get, family man for his wife and kids! She would always visit AR when Kavish was little, but those trips reduced after she was pregnant with their twins and later because Covid pandemic happened. They always used to say that while 2020 might have been a difficult year for everyone, it brought them their angels. They cannot imagine their life without their daughters Arohi and Shreeya aka Pari.

Naming their kids was another story. Arnav had successfully convinced her to not name their baby boy 'Prem' or 'Chulbul', as her Salmanji's characters names from his movies were apparently too 'tacky' for their son. He eventually let her call him 'chikku' while his official name was decided as Kavish. It's another matter altogether that very few in their home called himby that name. He was 'laddu gopal' for buaji and nani, 'champ' for nanheji and akash jiju, 'kishu' for her amma and babuji and 'kavish' for the rest. Arohi and Shreeya's names were decided relatively easily. And while it was decided against having any more nicknames for the Raizada kids, they still had a bunch of them. 'Aru', 'Princess arohi', 'Shree', 'pari' to name a few!

She handed the food tray to HP, with daliya for Arohi and pari and picked up Arohi to walk into the twins' room. While she fed aru her food, kavish walked in the room. He put his arms around her neck from the backand kissed her on her cheek, something he always did to shower his love on his mamma. Khushi caressed his hair, kissed him on his cheek and head, and told himto get freshen up and come for dinner. When he made a fuss about it, she knew how to get her eldest's attention.

"Aru, do you know I made halwa puri today? But what to do, you and pari cannot eat it and your bhaiyya does not want to eat. I will just give it all to your piya didi." Khushi talked to arohi who understood very little and just giggled, but it caught kavish's attention as he ran into bathroom to get freshen up and dash out for his favorite meal. Khushi chuckled at her 'chikku's' antics.

When she walked in their room later that night, Arnav was feeding Pari. She doubted if he remembered what was special about next day. But given that he always celebrated their smallest anniversaries in past few years, she was sure he would remember. Besides, if he remembered or not, she had planned something for him. They could not go out for any of the birthdays or anniversaries since last year due to pandemic, including the twins' first birthday, but that would not stop them from celebrating things!

Her mind went back to the day that was tomorrow, 10 years since the day when their paths first crossed! Most eventful 10 years! They went through so much through it all, got married, fought with each other, fought with enemies like Shyam and dadi, remarried, traveled the world, had beautiful babies and most importantly fell in love with each other more with each passing day! Sure, there were problems and ups and downs in their way, but they held onto each other.

"what are you thinking?" Arnav asked holding 2 mugs of what she knew would be ,badam-doodh, walking in their room. Since the time of her first pregnancy, when doctors told them she needed to improve her calcium intake, he had made this habit of having 'almond-milk' every night. She used to complain saying she did not like the taste but, in her heart, she adored him for his gesture.

"nothing much, just thinking about how our lives changed in last few years" she replied, honestly.

"any regrets?" he asked with a small smile on his lips. He knew the answer well still needed assurances from time to time

"maybe one." There was mischief clearly visible in her eyes

"what's that?" he asked frowning.

"I couldn't marry Salman khan ji" she replied with fake sincerity and pout and looked at him. It took him a few seconds to absorb what she was saying and then they both burst in laughter.

A while later, as they were settled in their favorite spot at poolside (though the pool was now covered, thanks to 'babyproofing the house'), she leaned onto him. His hands instinctively wrapped around her shoulders.

"I don't think we can plan a lot for tomorrow" he said a little later.

"Hum jaante hain (I know) but its ok, we'll celebrate all pending anniversaries when the world is littler safer for that" she tried to tell him that it was ok. And he knew at that moment, they had surely come a long way! She was no longer that 22-year-oldgirl who lived a little too much in her 'filmy world' but a 32-year-old woman, a wife, a mother, a working woman in her might and he was proud of her! Proud of them! She was still cheerful, the life of their house, the breeze of happiness in his life but she acquired few new qualities to her personality and that made her even more charming.

The next day went by rather too quickly. Having 3 kids around only gave them so much of time and to top that, they had their individual businesses to take care of. His 'AR' and her 'Gupta foods'. Soon it was evening and ASR started his plan. Khushi was busy with a call with an NGO, about sending food packets to help them, when he took over the kitchen with Payal and nani's help. A simple yet special 7 course dinner for her! She felt overwhelmed by the preparations at dinner table and blinked her eyes to stop her tears as she proceeded to sit on the table. The dinner went with chit chat and happy conversations, for it was a known fact that the whole family sat together for dinner, unless they went out or unless one of the babies needed attention and dinner had to be taken later or in the kids' room. But she knew he was craving to spend some cozy moments with her. Through their hectic schedules, it was becoming more and more difficult for them to get some time just for each other. So, they used to look forward to special days like these.

Unknown to him, she had also planned something for him too. Their bedroom was decorated with rose petals, scented candles and the fairy lights. And then there she was, near the foot of their bed, on the other side, draped in a cherry-red color saree, her hair on one side of the shoulder, wavy and shining, and minimal jewelry, her Mangalsutra, bindi, diamond chandeliers as her earrings and kohl filled eyes! One look on his face and she knew her efforts were appreciated. And then he showed her later that night just how much he loved what she did for him.

"no one will believe you have given birth to 3 kids, Khushi" as they were lying in each other's arms later that night, his complement on her body, made her blush a dark shade of crimson.

"can I tell you a secret?" she asked. A thousand thoughts went through his minds after that, another baby?, She planning to go to Lucknow? Anything he did wrong? But he just 'hmm'ed' in response for her to continue.

"I am glad I fell in your arms that day and I am glad I did not marry Salman khan ji" her cheeky reply made him sigh in relief and then pull her into another kiss which eventually turned into much more!

Their life was as blissful as it could get, and they couldn't wait for many more of such moments to come! 

--*--

A/N - thanks a bunch for all the votes and comments you guys. This was my first attempt at ArShi and your support meant a lot. I wish I could individually thank everyone. 

Anyhow, please do check my other FFs on arshi if you haven't already. They can be found on my profile.

Thanks.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 46.6K 65
Awarded in Charmed Romantic Fanfiction by IPK Charm Awards 2018 Cover Credit: @KoeliDalmiya Highest Rank #1 in arhi #2 in IssPyaarKoKyaNaamDoon #...
55.7K 2.7K 12
HIGHEST RANKING.. #11 IN SHORT STORY.. 2nd FEB.. 2018 An Arshi SS..
257K 7.1K 9
Highest Rank #114 in FANFICTION (06-04-2017) Continuation from Arnav and Khushi's first marriage track.. Here is my imagination on how their life cha...
285K 26.4K 118
IPKKND-Epilogue series, Arnav and Khushi as young parents to their biological son and twin daughters and glimpses of their everyday life. Story start...