The Human's Alpha

Door barngrjl

Liam was actually excited to find his mate. It would be nice to have someone to help him with pack business... Meer

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Epilogue

Chapter 46

19.8K 735 71
Door barngrjl

Lily

It had been three weeks since my shift. Although it was strange having a second existence within me, with her own thoughts and opinions, nothing else had really changed. Liam and I had slid back into our routine. The only difference now was that I had an office at the packhouse, right next to Liam's. He had been a little more protective of me, but I couldn't blame him after almost losing me. That's where I was currently sitting, working on the merging of our packs.

It wasn't until after I shifted, hunted a deer, let Liam fuck me in a stream, then slept for eighteen hours straight, did Liam and Sam explain to me that we were now Alpha and Luna of the Mountain Peak pack. To say I was shocked that killing Kane earned me that title was an understatement.

But the douche bag deserved it.

Since their pack is so undeveloped, we decided to move them here. When the men found out that not only was their great Alpha taken down by a female human, but now they were going to be brought to said female's pack, they bolted. All of the men just up and left the women and the children, even their mates. I was horrified to learn of this. Even Liam and Sam were shocked. So now, we were sending them supplies to keep them alive until we could get enough housing set up and figure out how to transport them all here.

It had been a complete nightmare.

But we were nearing the end and it would only be a couple more weeks until they were here, and we could help them settle in. Liam was worried about security, that maybe some of them would be violent and angry due to their mates' behavior, but I figure if all of them were treated half the way Sophie was, they'd be grateful for the relocation. I couldn't even describe the relief I felt when I saw here name on the top of the list of people who would be coming.

I guess in the end she will get what she wanted. To live in our pack.

I'm pondering this when I hear a light knock at the door.

"Come in." I call absentmindedly as I count how many more beds we will need to order to be ready. I hear a shuffling of feet and my office door click closed.

I look up in time to see Chloe flip the lock.

I had tried many times over the last few weeks to spend time with her. Both with Sam and just the two of us. She always had an excuse; she was tired or not feeling up to it. Sam was becoming increasingly irritated, his normal patience waning. She had yet to let him mark her or make any effort to strengthen their bond. He said she wouldn't even allow him to sleep in the same bed, so he had taken up residence on the couch.

"Hey, Chloe! What do you need?" I ask cheerfully, trying to ignore the knot in my gut that twisted when she locked the door.

"I need you to leave my mate alone." She seethes.

I furrow my brow in confusion as I study her. She's leaned up against the door of my office, hands behind her, shaking a little, but it's pure fury in her eyes.

"What are you talking about?" I ask quietly.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about. All he ever talks about is how great you are, how kind and thoughtful, how much better the pack has been since you came. Every time he leaves the house it's to be with you. Why do you think I haven't let him mark me yet? I don't want to feel what he's doing with you." She spits the last word in complete disgust. My jaw drops at her accusations and my skin crawls.

"Look, Chloe. I'm sorry if you somehow got the wrong impression, but Sam is my Beta and friend. Nothing more. He's more like a brother. I care for him deeply, but not in the way you just suggested. I love Liam and am very happy with him. And I know for a fact Sam would never cheat on you. Not with me, or anyone else." Her breathing increases, her chest heaving as if she's trying to catch her breath.

Her jaw clenches as she pushes off from the door and lifts her hand, the one clutching to a silver dagger that she hid behind her back.

The tip pointed directly at me.

"I don't believe you." She whispers, which is scarier than if she had screamed at me. "Why wouldn't he want you? You're perfect. Beautiful, smart, kind, you even bake his favorite fucking brownies. And what am I? Some poor girl that was captured. Used." The way she says the word makes me flinch and I don't have to think hard what she means.

"Chloe. Did those men..." I can't say it. I can't. The thought is too horrific.

"Yes." She whispers. "I told Sam they didn't hurt me, which they never beat me. But what they did... was so much worse. And now I'm ruined. Sam will never want me when he knows the truth." I shake my head vehemently and stand behind my desk. Her eyes dart to me and she reinforces her hold on the dagger.

"That's not true, Chloe. Sam would never reject you. He will help you deal with this. To heal." She scoffs out a laugh before hardening her eyes on me.

"There is no healing from this. I'm damaged. Broken beyond repair. Sam deserves better. He deserves someone like you." I shake my head again, imploring her with my eyes to see reason.

"No, Chloe. He wants you. You and Sam can have a great relationship. You just need to put in the work. I'm not saying that it will be easy, but we can get you treatment."

"Treatment?" She asks.

"You may be suffering from a mental illness. Depression, anxiety or even PTSD. I'm not a therapist, but we can find you one. Maybe get you on some medication so you can feel better. So the world has a little more color." She shakes her head and takes a step towards me.

"No! I'm not crazy!"

"I'm not saying you are, but there's nothing wrong with needing a little help." I try to say gently, while holding up my hands, palms facing her, trying to show her I mean no harm.

"No! Needing help like that is only for the weak!"

This pisses me off and I slam my fist against my desk.

"No it's not. Mental health is just as important as physical health and mental illness is just as real as cancer or any other physical ailment. So, you can either put the blade down and accept our help, or you can face the consequences." Her face pulls into a sneer and she snarls at me.

I hear someone pounding on my door, but that noise is in the background, my attention solely focused on the dagger coming towards me. She lunges at me over my desk and I side step her assault, pushing her down on the floor. She's on her feet the next second, lunging for me again. I grab her wrist that's holding the blade, and wrap my other hand around her throat. I push her up against my book case hard, and slam her hand against the shelf. I tighten my grip on her neck as she flails and tries to kick me. Her claws rake down my hand and I feel my warm, sticky blood roll down my arm. Finally, after one more brutal hit, she drops the dagger on the ground. I look down, to see large hands picking it up.

Liam.

He and Sam managed to break through my door. Sam has Chloe now, her hands wrapped around her back as he chains them with silver cuffs. Liam puts the blade in my desk drawer before wrapping me in his arms.

"Are you ok, love?" He searches my body for injuries, the only ones on the back of my hand are already healed.

"I'm fine."

"God, Luna I'm so sorry. I had no idea she was going to do this." Sam looks at me with tortured eyes, glancing from his mate to me.

"No, Sam it's ok. It's not your fault."

"Take her to a cell, Sam." Liam says as he looks at her with hard eyes. Panic rises in me as I look from him to Chloe.

"No, Liam. She needs to go to the hospital." He looks at me incredulously and wraps me in another hug.

"She tried to kill you, Lily."

"I know, but she's been traumatized and she's suffering. She needs therapy and probably medication. You don't just lock someone up who's suffering like that without stabilizing them first. She needs the hospital. Please?" Liam looks conflicted as he looks over at Sam.

"No, Lily. It's my job to keep this pack safe, and she is too dangerous to go to the hospital." I shake my head and look over at Sam pleadingly, hoping he's on my side.

"Sam?" I ask quietly.

"I'm sorry, Luna. I agree with the Alpha. As Beta, you and his safety are my priority. Even over my mate. We need to keep the pack safe."

He lifts her and begins to carry her out of the room, and I make to follow, only for Liam to grip my bicep and keep me next to him.

"No! Liam please listen to me. That's not what's best for her. She needs help." Liam sighs heavily and kisses my forehead.

"We will get her help, love. I promise."

Chloe gives me one last look of utter contempt before she disappears from view.

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

237K 5.1K 32
|Highest Ranking: 76 in Werewolf, 13/3/21 | After the murder of her parents, sentenced to live the rest of her life out as a rouge. What happens when...
233K 6.5K 33
FORGIVENESS is the best form of love... it takes a strong person to say SORRY and an even stronger person to FORGIVE... ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...
13.4M 366K 63
"Fuck, baby. You can't say things like that to me. I want to, also. Trust me." His hand snakes down my body until he enters two of his fingers into m...
5.3K 171 30
_A broken wolf_ I have longed for a mate. I yearned for love. Maybe my parents loved me, but I have no memory of either of them. My aunt never cared...