This Love. | Professor Stan

By laraebarnes

REVISED EDITION IS UPLOADED NOW!! It's becoming obvious that you're sleeping with your history professor to m... More

first time readers
update
Introduction
chapter one | hot chocolate
chapter two | darling
chapter three | good girl
chapter four | next time
chapter five | warm
chapter six | infatuation
chapter seven | burden
chapter eight | black coffee
chapter nine | lover boy
chapter ten | no control
chapter eleven | our fun
chapter twelve | gift
chapter thirteen | slow
chapter fourteen | bimbo
chapter fifteen | guilty pleasure
chapter sixteen | attached
chapter seventeen | good for you
chapter eighteen | unseen
chapter nineteen | never forget
chapter twenty | take it slow
chapter twenty-two | impulse
chapter twenty-two | proud
chapter twenty-three | terrible
chapter twenty-five | mocktails
chapter twenty-six | terrace
chapter twenty-seven | aphrodite
chapter twenty-eight | trust
chapter twenty-nine | valentine
chapter thirty | everywhere
chapter thirty-one | need
chapter thirty-two | shut up
chapter thirty-three | daddy
chapter thirty-four | somewhere only we know
chapter thirty-five | go with the flow
chapter thirty-six | keep her coming every night
chapter thirty-seven | hard to keep her satisfied
chapter thirty-eight | this love
new book

part twenty-four | snobs

15.5K 383 1.1K
By laraebarnes

- - - -

They've called a meeting Thursday at 7:30pm

If all goes well, Friday we'll have our first date :)

a meeting?

They wanna check I'm not abusing my power or giving you an advantage

It's so stupid, they set it up like we're going to court

who's there?

President, Vice Chancellor, Head of History, and some other random professors

Chris and Scarlett have to come too

it really is like court then huh

scarlett says she can make it

See you on the stand then 333333

have you finally had your first stroke

NO HOW DO YOU DO THE HEART?

like this

<3

v3

How do you spin it?

V3

Damn it

Shift didn't work

i'll show you when I see you dummy <3

Okay v3

- - - -

You meet Sebastian outside the room he instructed you to wait outside with Scarlett. He comes striding over, Chris following suit.

"Hi, sorry we're running a little late. Chris had trouble in paradise", squeezing your hand in reassurance before heading in.

"Zak got lost dropping me off from his place that's all. You ready Janet?"

You nod, "As I'll ever be"

"Scarlett? You okay? You seem a little pale", he turns around and sees her still in her seat.

"Not great in front of lots of people, I always end up swearing and sweating"

"Come on, won't be so bad. You'll be next to me", you say, going over to offer your hand before you walk in.

It was honestly like a court room, and you thought it was set up for situations like this. Where students should plead if they should stay on at the college if their grades were slipping, so you hoped it would be the only time in the next couple of years you would be in this dimly lit, oak room.

"Miss. Taylor and Miss. Johansson, please sit where it has been indicated", the librarian who who only saw once directed you to a table where name tags were.

"Like a fucking UN conference", Scarlett whispers in your ear. All throughout, Sebastian and Chris were seated on another table to the left of you. Sebastian smiles over at you, in order to give you some confidence. It didn't at all.

You focus your attention to the front of the room. The President, Professor Robert Downey Jr., sat in the middle. He always intimidated you, since he took your interview. You couldn't even tell if what you were saying was correct, for his face was always so stoic. The Vice Chancellor was Professor Cobie Smulders, who was seated to the right of him. You never really met her until now, and she was sat looking at some notes. You think she taught something like communications, but you weren't sure.

To the left of Professor Downey, was Professor Paul Rudd. He was the head of the history faculty, and your other history professor for this year. You have to admit, if you wanted to go for someone even older than Sebastian, you would pick him. But he wouldn't be as easy to have wrapped around your finger. You scan the rest of the room, seeing labels of Professor Mark Ruffalo from the Biology department, Professor Jeremy Renner of the Maths department and Professor Samuel Jackson of the Drama department.

None of these people you knew apart from the big three at the head of the room. You could snicker to yourself if the tension wasn't so thick; they looked like they were trying too hard to be a super secret boy band and the way they were all dressed up in pantsuits.

"So, we've gathered here today on the behalf of Sebastian Stan, who has brought to our attention of a sexual relationship between him and a student, Janet Taylor", Downey begins once he sees that the room has settled. "Before we begin, I'd like to remind everyone here that this is not an interrogation, nor trying to end your time here at the college. We are able to ask questions, but there must be no judgement. This is the only precaution that we take, unless we see that this relationship should be put to an end", seeing that you looked a little nervous.

"I'll begin. Miss. Taylor, how long would you say that you and Professor Stan have been seeing each other?" Downey asks. He definitely wanted to be a lawyer, the whole way this was set up. It would have boiled your blood if you weren't so damn anxious.

"Around 3 to 4 months. Uh, we started late October last year", you answer, projecting your voice a little at the end.

"Okay. Why would you only tell us so far down the line?"

"Uh, I'm not quite sure what you mean by that sir."

"Are you insinuating that Janet or Sebastian are like, wanting to get into trouble?" Scarlett pipes up now.

"Please remain silent unless I ask you a question", he responds as Scarlett leans back in her seat huffing.

"No sir. As cliche as this may sound, you cannot help who you fall in love with."

"Ah, young love", Professor Rudd says now, placing his chin on his hand and leaning into it. "A beautiful and rare thing, which reminds me, we'll be exploring powerful relationships soon in class-"

"Paul, do not interrupt me to talk about your insignificant subject."

"Oh come on, this is not a cross examination! This was supposed to be a simple conversation!", calls Samuel, who obviously has better things to do on a Thursday evening.

"He's right. When I sent out that email, I said it shouldn't take more than an hour. Sit back down, and let others do this. You're too intense sometimes, you're scaring the girl", Cobie says, finally looking up. "Janet, apart from Chris and Scarlett, is there anybody else who knows about your relationship?"

"On campus? No one"

"Surely your classmates gossip and like to know about any boyfriends you have?" Jeremy pushes. You shake your head. "You two have sure mastered the whole sneaking around thing." Scarlett snorts a little.

"Do you have something to add Scarlett?" Robert says.

"Well, uh. Me and Chris only know because we caught them. On separate occasions of course."

"Ooo when?" Paul looks between the two to elaborate.

"I saw them kissing goodbye near our dorm late one night."

"I saw them in mine and Sebastian's shared apartment", turning a little red.

"So to your awareness, only the people in this room know about this relationship?" Mark clarifies. Everyone affirms.

"Now. Sebastian, would you say that given the nature of your relationship with Janet, that you may have given her an unfair advantage in the latest assessments?" Robert asks, again assuming the role of a lawyer again.

"I'll be honest, that even though I did revision with her, I didn't give her any hints or the questions that were coming up in the exam."

"Yeah, he was more guiding me through revision and making sure I wasn't doing anything wrong."

"Study dates oh my god," Paul exclaims before looking down at his sheets in embarrassment. "Uh, well, there's no evidence I have to say that Sebastian did help Janet in the exams. Her grades have been the same through the year, even before and during the time you said you started seeing each other. It's at the level I would expect for this point in your first year."

"You're very smart at all of your subjects from what I've seen, I wouldn't expect you needed help from your professor", Cobie adds as she skims through the latest report. You see Sebastian smirking, and can always hear him thinking 'History isn't what she needed help with'. You would smack him if you could.

"Robert, I see no signs of abuse of power or anything. I think we should end it here", Mark says.

"Yes. Thank you for coming and telling us. You can continue sneaking around if you want, or you're welcome to tell more people. Just keep on doing what you're doing, and you'll be fine," Cobie ends, smiling warmly at you as your quartet gets up and leaves.

"See? Wasn't so bad now", you say as you cling to Scarlett's arm for a little before moving to Sebastian, as you all chat about how shit that meeting was.

Paul, Mark, Samuel and Jeremy walk out, all nodding at the group. Paul stops for a brief moment, goes "I must say this, as a friend to you Sebastian. Whatever you do, don't let her go. You've gotta good thing going you two, don't let some snobs ruin your dynamic. See you around Janet, maybe read up on some powerful relationships before next lesson. Or look at your own, I don't care", you laugh as he runs to catch up with his colleagues.

"Stay safe you crazy kids, I don't want to be a grandma yet!" he calls, turning again and waving goodbye.

Sebastian goes bright red and runs his hand through his hair. "God, I love Paul", as the others murmur in agreement.

"So, what you planning to do now?" Cobie questions as Robert locks up and Chris and Scarlett say goodnight.

"Probably just keep it on the down low for now," Sebastian smiles down at you. "We're restarting, taking it slow"

"Crazy at first right?", Robert calls as he tries to get the lock to work. "Always are. You two look like you can't keep your hands off each other anyway. I don't care what you do behind closed doors, but I hope it's not like this in class."

"You're an old man, they know better than that. You need to stop embarrassing these two teenagers", noting how Sebastian had an arm dropped around your shoulder protectively.

"Well, not that you guys need it, but the college won't keep you apart. You secretly have my blessing", Cobie whispers to you as she walks past, obviously seeing that both your reputations were a concern to you. This meeting really helped in you seeing that reputation didn't matter - as long as you were with Sebastian, everything else was not as important.

"Now, I can't do much about the students if you decide to parade around the place, but the faculty will mind their own business. I'll make sure of it", Robert says as he walks away.

Now, it's just the two of you in the archway. Sebastian is gazing down on you as usual, as if you were better than the stars that illuminated the night sky.

"Now, are you going to show me how to do that silly little heart you always send me? So I can organise our first date", pulling out his phone. You show him how to do it, and his mouth is simply agape the whole time.

"Jesus, I didn't know that. You're amazing, darling", he drawls out with his arm still around your shoulder as he walks you to your door. You don't mind the few funny looks you get, focusing on snuggling yourself into his body more.

"I'd invite you in, but that only happens on the first date", leaning against your door.

"And I'm pretty sure Scarlett would want to bitch about the staff", the two of you laughing.

"I do, now hurry up and say goodnight!", and you nearly fall backwards as she swings the door open. Sebastian grabs your hand, pulls you back up, and presses his lips to yours.

"I'll call you later. Goodnight Janet", stroking your cheek before walking away.

"Fuck, I'm single. Not even a goodnight for me!"

- - - -

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

932K 15.9K 41
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
34.2K 1.7K 32
What if the bullying Izuku Midoriya had gone thru was a little crueler? And Izuku a little less forgiving and a bit more vindictive? In this story, I...
579K 29.6K 23
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, a powerful d...