Flames Of Love

By exxangel

A Bond Between a Vampire and Werewolf was like Fire and Ice. For Hundreds of years both creatures have been... More

Summary
WELCOME
EXTRA INFO
INTRODUCTION
CH 1. Cold Beauty
CH. 3. Lord Byun
CH 4. Secrets in Flames
CH 5. The Destined
CH. 6 Ice Breaking
CH 7. Dilemma
CH. 8. Zhang Yixing
CH.9. HeartLess
CH 10. Carved with Flames.
CH. 11. So You Care?
CH 12. Hybrids
CH 13. Master Xiu
CH 14. The Unforseen
CH 15. Calm Before the Storm
CH 16. Echoing Abyss ( 1 )
CH 17. Echoing Abyss ( 2 )
CH 18. An Artisan?
CH 19. Trap or Trials?
CH 20. The Unknown.
CH 21. Crescentum: The Cursed Land.
CH 22. Crescentum : Breaking Dawn
CH 23. Unveiling Bonds
CH 24 : Serenity.

CH 2. The Phoenix

443 24 26
By exxangel

Author's Pov :

Suho's breathed in an out as he raised his head and meet eye to eye with the young Alpha. "That's the truth"

The Grey clouds haven't dispersed, as its darkness started to envelop the area around the werewolves. A pin-drop silence hung between everyone, but the hush of air and rustling of leaves made it at least bearable. 

"We didn't send these spies. Someone is trying to frame us" 

As Suho said these words, he shifted his eyes away and stared at the the grey sky. It looks like the rain is gonna pour anytime soon. 

Chanyeol silently watched the two elders before raising a curious brow. "You didn't send spies, then how come our pack mates were found in the Wilds" 

Yifan frowned as he glared at the corpses. "How do we know? Chanyeol  they are not our spies but the ones who might be working behind our backs" he said with a scowl on his face. "We should investigate this instead of pointing fingers at each other"

Suho gave a small nod. "The wilds is an underworld territory. No one dares step foot in there from the mystic. We don't know how the hell did they even have guts to cross the border"  

"So the conclusion is we have got traitors among us." Sehun spoke with a hint of anger in his voice as he turned to face Chanyeol. "Alpha, do you think we should start an investigation?"

Chanyeol shook his head, "That might be a way out for the traitors, the news will alert them" His eyes narrowed again over the elders.

Chanyeol's mind wandered as he remembered the paper Sehun and Kyungsoo gave him. 

"Chanyeol, do you really wanna talk about this here?" Yifan mumbled, raking his hand through his hairs, frustration written all over his face. "Discussing here might be dangerous"

Chanyeol's gaze lowered before his eyes travelled up and stayed fix on the sky. The grey colour of the sky matched his eyes.

He has never been stuck in such a situation before. Is there someone who is trying to plot against them? But why?

"Head back to my office" He ordered. "Guards, make sure to raise the border patrol, keep your eyes and ears open"

Turning to face his Delta he gave him one more instruction. "Kyungsoo, Inform all our scouts to widen their search in the neighboring territories. Especially ask them to stay alert near the border of Mystic Forest" 

Everyone quickly scattered away, leaving only the Alpha, Beta and some warriors behind. Chanyeol looked at them before shifting his eyes over the corpses. His heart was swarmed with different emotions. He could not accept the fact that few of his pack members would go to such lengths. Chanyeol quickly schooled his expressions before speaking again. 

"Bury the black wolf in our cemetery with proper tradition, inform his family that he was killed during a surprise attack. And about those corpses…" Chanyeol halted as he felt his wolf stirring inside. It was feeling ashamed as well. As an Alpha, it was his duty to look after every pack member. He had failed himself. Chanyeol's lips parted as he faced the new dilemma. "Bury them as well, with proper tradition. Even though they might be onto something against us, they were still members of our pack. You are dismissed" 

Chanyeol didn't wait for anyone though as he quickly turned into his wolf, bones cracking one by one as big paws and fur-coated the young Alpha, his grey eyes changing into silver-blue the shine in them was a bit dull compared to the previous sparkling ones as he took off not sparing anyone a single glance. 

He ran to the packhouse, but he didn't feel like going in. Instead, he took a whole round and ran in the forest connected to his territory. Soft rain drizzled down, his paws hitting the wet soil with gentle thud, his tongue rustling along with the leaves and branches, he could feel himself running all the way, round and round until he stood in front of his house. He inhaled and exhaled a few times, before quickly turning into his human form. He needed a shower before the elders could arrive. He can't simply just straunt himself in front of them looking so haggard. 

Quietly standing under the water for quite a few minutes, he inhaled and exhaled to take a hold of himself. He was an Alpha, he could not afford to sway because of his emotions. He wasn't ready for this and he had in no way expected it but he has to accept it and move on. Life is not a rosy walk, but a path full of thorns.

He wiped himself up and dressed in casual clothes. The rain had stopped again, when he walked in the corridor, the glass windows showcasing the expanse of forest surrounded him, with mist covering the top of the mountains.

Chanyeol could only see trees and the mountain tops from the windows lining his corridor. When he was outside his office he reached and held the door knob before opening the door.

He Scent of musk and wood hit him as he stood at the doorway. A huge desk sat in the left side meanwhile a book case and sofa sat in the right side. A huge wall size window covered the wall between his desk and sofa.

Beyond his window his eyes focused somewhere far, crossing the vast green coloured enormous barrier which protect the land of Mist. He could see the green-colored barrier clearly, which separates the Mystic forest from the land of Wilds. 

At times such as this, the words of the Vampire rang into his ears. He had pushed those at the back, into a separate corner of his mind when they suddenly surfaced up. 

'It isn't right to sneak in and steal something, Alpha, not everyone is pure and sincere in this world' 

Chanyeol's brain had malfunctioned the moment he started to repeat those words in his head. Maybe he was wrong, but he could be right as well for thinking that he got the meaning all wrong, that those words weren't even said to him or the elders but those were directed towards something else.

 And no, Chanyeol wasn't just overthinking about it, he had thought each and everything carefully, from the start to the end and he knew Suho and Yifan were hiding Something but they were the least of people he would ever suspect.

Hell the most absurd thing they would do is hide something from him just to protect him they were that kind of people but the Vampires, they have met once and he already feels amazed as well as wary of them. 

His attention was brought back again when he heard a knock on the door, all his thoughts dispersed again as he muttered a small come in. He blinked, heaving a deep long sigh, before facing everyone.

Yifan, Suho, Sehun, and Kyungsoo entered and to his surprise, Zi Tao the head warrior of his pack walked in as well behind everyone with his cat-like eyes, sharp as ever as he bowed towards the young Alpha in silent greeting.

Zi Tao was the head Warrior of Mystic Flame Pack, the best fighter who had been by their sides since his parents were alive and ruling. Chanyeol has a deep respect for this man as he is the only one other than his guardians and friends, that he trusted blindly and the other would also go to any lengths for the pack. Chanyeol admires Zi Tao's bravery and loyalty to the pack. The fact that Chanyeol had been trained by him, when he was young and the honor to become his best student fills him with pride. 

Everyone settled down except for Zi Tao who leaned against the wall. If Chanyeol's memory is right he hasn't seen Zi Tao around since a month, as the warrior seemed busy with his on and off missions as he only ever comes around to meet the elders who were also his best friends. Maybe he should inquire later. 

Chanyeol cleared his throat as he leaned against the window himself.

His gaze once again swept over everyone. Suho and Yifan had mixed expressions of anger and confusion, while Sehun looks alert, Kyungsoo had a blank look but his eyes were hard and focused, meanwhile Zi Tao looked tired as he could see the dark circles, as if not slept properly for days.

Chanyeol thought he was the only one holding his emotions well but forgot that these people are the same people who had stood beside him facing the same things. He feels a bit guilty to not be of any help. 

His expression softened as he turned towards Suho who was looking down lost deep in his thoughts, his expressions clearly said that he was having an internal war. 

Taking a deep breath, Chanyeol asked,"So, please could any one of you tell us what the hell is going on?''

Chanyeol walked towards Suho and kneeled before him. "I am not the young boy anymore ma, I am stronger than you could ever imagine because you have taught me well. If you are scared that it will put me in danger then trust me you are not doubting me but doubting yourselves, doubting all you have taught me. So please i request, I need the truth. The whole truth"

Suho felt himself deflate against those words before his gaze shifted and looked at Yifan with a clear sign to help.

Chanyeol felt the couple communicating among themselves. He might as well give them a push.
"I read the prophecy or whatever it was" He stood up instead and walked towards his table before opening the drawer and silently pulling out the paper Kyungsoo and Sehun stole for him.

Walking back he held it towards them, shocking the elders whose features went from worried to pale then anger. Shooting a quick glare towards the  Beta and Delta who avoided looking over towards them they faced Chanyeol. They remember they hid it well only to see it now in their son's possession. 

"Cut it out already or I might start my own investigation. You both know well how good I am when I am curious" he shrugged.

Yifan groaned and slumped back on the couch. "If you have it, then what were you waiting for?"

Chanyeol shook his head, "Don't you get it? I want to hear it from you not sneakily from someone else" He leaned forward rubbing his face with one hand the other holding the paper. "You are my family and I am not gonna lose our relationship over something which can be solved at last" 

"It's not something that can just be solved quickly..." Suho mumbled with a pale complexion. 

"What do you mean?" Chanyeol asked.

To his surprise, it was Zi Tao who interrupted them "Sorry to intrude, my Alpha" he has everyone's attention now. "I have never imagined myself breaking this to you"

Suho and Yifan tensed up as they knew what Zi Tao was about to reveal.

"This goes long way back. The words written in that paper are a prophecy passed down to your parents when you were born. Years later, they were killed and up to this day we haven't found out who killed them. Your Guardians were worried for you as the actual target for them was you so they made sure to hide it"

Zitao bowed in submission. His expression, solemn. "We don't know how the prophecy suddenly resurfaced after so many years but at this point, it's only a matter of time before it gets revealed to the world" 

Chanyeol's eyes widened as ZiTao finished speaking. "My parents...?" He whispered before he shot a hard stare towards his Guardians. "You told me they died by the hands of a Vampire!"

Suho failed to meet his gaze. "We lied"

A heavy tension filled the room before the beta spoke.

Sehun sat up looking even more alarmed, "You mean the ones who are spying on us are the same people who killed Chanyeol's parents?"

Kyungsoo also looked curiously  towards the head warrior. "You said, the former alpha and luna died protecting the prophecy. What does it mean?"

Suho finally found some strength to reveal something as he looked at the young Alpha who has his back towards them faced morphed in anger and disbelief.

"There is a divine prophecy over this pack. 'When the sun will rise, on the eighth of the fourth month, a divine being will be re-born from the ashes. It would be so powerful the mist will bow to it" 

Yifan leaned forward, his gaze heated. "Chanyeol, you were born on April 8th, near dawn" He stopped gauging the other's reaction before continuing, "Before your birth, a few hours ago Rouges surrounded our territory landing a surprise attack. We all were so caught up that there was no one beside your mother except for the healers"

Suho nodded confirming what Yifan said. "The fight lasted a whole night. In the end, we received huge damage. At last, we were informed that you were born so we rushed over only to see another presence beside your mother and the healers" 

"Who was it?" It was Chanyeol who asked the question this time. He sounded sad.

Yifan wanted to stop the story because of how much small Chanyeol sounded.

"Don't stop. I need to know the whole thing" Chanyeol interrupted his thoughts.

Yifan sighed before continuing speaking. "There was an unknown woman who held you. She was identified as a witch. She didn't introduce herself, but she said she doesn't have time. Your father was very protective, he tried to snatch you from her but the witch seemed like she was like just an illusion so he went past her body" 

"An illusion? How come…" Kyungsoo whispered to himself when Suho confirmed the doubt for him. 

"It felt like she wasn't even alive, her body was transparent and she was floating instead of standing as if it was her soul present not her body, mentally but not physically. When she spoke, her voice didn't hold any malice, instead her words were clear and pure. She recited the prophecy and chanted something which made Chanyeol skin glow, a few seconds later, a phoenix tattoo suddenly appeared over his upper body. Not believing their eyes, your parents were stunned as the witch made them promise to protect you with everything they have. She said you were born for greatness and that one day you will rule the mist and beyond. But there will be enemies who will try to find you but you must never disclose your identity until its time" 

Suho stopped speaking. There was a long pause, as he let the youngsters take in all the information.

Chanyeol still had his back to them. "Alpha, it wasn't your fault. Those rouges had ulterior motives. You were just a kid" Zi Tao let the words out only to meet silver blue glowing eyes reflected in the glass of the window. 

No one expected the Alpha to just stand there silently with his eyes glowing silver as if he was on the verge of tearing down the ground he stood on. No one expected him to just breathe like a normal person when anyone over his place would have gone berserk. 

"Why couldn't I remember anything?" The young Alpha whispered as if he was on the last of his words. "How old was I? Why is there no such incident in my memory?" 

Yifan has his palms tightly clenched over his side. He licked his lips and looked out of the window as well but his lips parted to speak. "We have no idea. When you woke up the last thing you remember was going out with your parents and then it was blank. The healer said it must be that the trauma must have erased your memory of the incident. You never remembered it again  so we never tried to bring it up either" 

After everything he heard, Chanyeol felt his inside burning, like hot flames has suddenly raised inside his body. He felt so angry, rage was leaking through his eyes. He could see his reflection in the mirror, his eyes were blazing silver blue.

Truth to be told, his anger wasn't directed towards his elders who hid such a big part of his life from him, nor was he angry at the moon goddess for blessing him with such a curse. He wasn't angry at his parents either who gave their lives so carelessly just to protect a beast like him. He was angry at himself for putting his people in danger. With this power he has brought them misery, the pack he swore to protect lost their Alpha and Luna, their protectors just because they wanted what he has. His parents had to lose their lives just because they thought they had to protect him at all cost. He was so angry that he could only blame himself and no one, not even the one who killed his parents.

Everyone was greedy for power, everyone wanted to become strong. He was just a unique wine everyone wanted to taste and get their hands on. He was worth someone's life and Chanyeol hated the thought from his core. He shuddered even thinking about being a dangerous walking beast. 

"I have promised myself that I will protect you Chanyeol" Suho let his hand rest of the Alpha's shoulder" "After that incident we tried everything to hide you, never letting you out of our sights, protecting you from every corner, we destroyed everything related to the prophecy" Suho confessed.

His voice Suddenly hardened. "Until a month ago, our scouts informed us that recently there has been a rumor that a fire elemental has emerged. We were firstly scared that they found out about you, but to our shock, it wasn't you…" 

Kyungsoo furrowed his brow as he stared at the Elder. "Another one? If it isn't Chanyeol the rumors are about then who is this another fire elemental. Do you think it's an imposter?" 

Zi Tao shook his head. "This is why I have been in and out of the pack for a month. I have been inquiring about this imposter Fire elemental and to my surprise, this one appeared three months ago in the human realm. No one saw his face, but he had appeared in a few articles. The humans have tried to find him but he disappeared as if he never existed. The mystic council either ignored this case or directly denied ever knowing such a person. While no one dares inquire in the Wilds and you know why"  

Chanyeol, whose silver blue eyes dulled a pinch, closed them as he inhaled deeply before he opened them again, this time the silver eyes gloomed and his usual grey appeared.

All traces of anger and rage had suddenly vanished instead a serious thoughtful look appeared over his handsome face.

"I apologise again for keeping you in the dark Alpha. I had reported everything to Suho and Yifan, a week ago immediately after my return" Zi Tao informed. "During my search I didn't find any of the similar incidents occuring. Do you think they choose our pack purposely?"

Sehun let out a frustrated sigh, while Kyungsoo's frown deepened. 

Kyungsoo couldn't help but raise the question. "If they were sneaking in and out of our pack so easily, how the hell did no one stopped or even noticed them?"

Sehun who was beside him raked his fingers through his hairs. "It's only possible if someone from Inside was helping them" 

Chanyeol who was staring blankly just a second ago, suddenly stirred as the beautiful Vampire words echoed through his mind. 

"It isn't right to sneak in and steal something"

Chanyeol suddenly opened his eyes wide, his grey eyes the color of rain clouds as he turned around, his steely gaze quickly meeting with his Beta and Delta. 

"Or maybe someone has sneaked inside the pack" He mumbled, a dark look crossing his features. "They might still be here or maybe not" 

Zi Tao who stood against the wall a second ago stood up straight. His brow pinched together as surprise flashed over his face. 

"I will ask someone to check all the barriers. There might be an opening left or something" Zi Tao's vision fogged as he quickly mind-linked a few warriors to check on the barriers. 

Suho and Yifan also had started to mutter profanities as the mates tried their best to not raise their voices. 

"Those barriers were placed by the same Witch as a gift of safety to the pack. All these years it has been our shield, strong and unbreakable. Who can break them so easily, unless ….it's witch or a warlock" Suho thought his assumption might be possible. 

"A witch and a warlock you say?" Yifan frowned. "First it was a blood sucker and now a juju witch!" 

After 15 minutes Zi Tao who was still mind linking, opened his eyes as he gritted his teeth. "Truly there is an opening in the southeast border. They also found a brown cloak and some blood scattered around. I asked them to round up the whole area we may as well find some clues even" 

"To break such a powerful barrier. How strong is this person?" Chanyeol thought to himself as another thought came to his mind. Didn't he feel omnious presence when he was returning to the pack house. That time he was in a hurry so he didn't stop to inquire.

Chanyeol's eyes flashed in alarm as he turned towards the Head warrior. "Zi Tao, inquire if someone from the southeast side has been missing.  Quickly!" 

As soon as Zi Tao opened his mindlink again, Chanyeol waited nervously. He had got the hunch as to what is happening but he wasn't sure. 

Chanyeol stared at Zi Tao who suddenly opened his eyes staring wide in alarm. "They had found a body just a few meters away from the border. It's been drained of blood too, but there is something else as well. They found a paper in his palm" 

Chanyeol sucked in a deep breath as he closed his eyes as another wave of pain crushed him. Not another one of his pack mates. Why just why?!

"Tell them to wait and stay guarded. We are coming" 

Saying that Chanyeol picked up his Alpha mode before rushing out from his Office to the South East of the pack. 

When he finally arrived at the said location he held his palm over his nose to stop the awful smell to enter in nostrils. 

"Gosh, this one smells even worse than the ones before" Sehun groaned as he pulled out a mask and wore it amusing the warriors who stood behind them. 

Kyungsoo walked forward and kneeled to check the corpse with a bit of hesitation he opened his palm and took the paper the boy held before quickly getting up and stretching it towards Chanyeol who gave a grateful nod. 

Chanyeol suddenly remembers the paper in his pocket, tucked away.  Before anyone could raise their voice of protest Chanyeol unfolds the paper as well as the one in his pocket. To his surprise, it was the same prophecy, which Suho has recited to him written with bold Red ink but as he took a look closer his nostrils flared with disgust.

It wasn't written in ink but with blood. 

At first, when Chanyeol heard the prophecy, he called it a curse instead of a blessing. His packmates died, his parents lost their lives, and now his whole pack is in danger. 

Chanyeol was never a power-hungry person, for him family and loved ones mattered more. He wonders if he was a real werewolf instead, his parents would have survived, he would have lived with them happily and one day take over the Alpha title under his father's shadow but life has something else planned for him.

He became the Alpha of Alpha's known in the whole mystic forest, his pack was the largest and strongest and his family and friends were his pillars. It isn't that bad but he feels slightly bitter at the fact that his parents were not by his side. Maybe that's why he hates the power he was been bestowed upon. 

The moon goddess must probably watching him, shaking her head at him in disappointment. She must want to knock him over his head or something. 

'Your parents died for you, don't let their sacrifice go to waste!' 

'Your packmates shielded you because they loved you, don't laugh at their love, you stupid child!'

That must be it as Chanyeol huffed. 

Chanyeol shook his head as he stared at the corpse of the boy. He looked young maybe around fifteen-sixteen. It should have been his time to find his mate. Chanyeol felt anger coursing through him. The boy didn't deserve this, even if they were spying he was so young to lose his life like this. None of them deserved to die like this. 

One thing Chanyeol was  sure about, that the one who is behind this isn't warning him or scaring him, its trying to lure him, trying to lure the phoenix who has yet to wake up and Chanyeol will make sure that they never succeed. 

He was the phoenix, and if they want him so badly Chanyeol would make them crawl for it.

❤❤❤❤❤

So, how was it? Is it turning out good or boring?

Anyways, Thankyou so much for all the love, support and patience guys. You'll are gems. ✨

Love you all, do vote and comment.

Also, don't forget to stream DFTF on YT as well as On spotify. 🤗

Take care ❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10K 471 23
First fanfic Baekhyun: A young handsome hybrid, prince of his own kingdom, so many girls and boys even some gorgeous beasts are trying to get him. He...
2.2K 173 2
[SEBAEK 💗 COMPLETED] 8,108 words Baekhyun had been assigned to watch over Kyungsoo, to be his guardian angel of sorts. Everything was going perfectl...
62.4K 3.8K 26
[English] A ChanBaek/BaekYeol fanfiction. What if suddenly a stranger came into your peaceful life and change your life? Will you hate that person? O...
101K 4.6K 46
"I-Is this still a part of what slaves do, Master?" Baekhyun chuckles softly. "No, Channie." "Th-Then why are you biting me there? Isn't that for mat...