Harry Potter OneShots

By quillsanddaydreams

This is the collection of all harry potter character's (except the marauders, who's book could be found on my... More

°˖✧ never leave me again » george weasley ✧˖°
°˖✧ concequences » fred weasley ✧˖°
°˖✧ teddy bear » fred weasley ✧˖°
°˖✧ badass women of hogwarts » fred weasley ✧˖°
°˖✧ a little longer » regulus black ✧˖°
°˖✧ falling for her » regulus black ✧˖°
°˖✧ idiots in love » draco malfoy ✧˖°
°˖✧ bottled feelings » lily evans ✧˖°
°˖✧ peonies » hermione granger ✧˖°
°˖✧ cliché sleepovers and some popcorn » ginny weasley ✧˖°
a letter from fred.
a letter from george.
a letter from regulus.
a letter from draco.
°˖✧ flirting game » draco malfoy ✧˖°
°˖✧ icecream swirls » george weasley ✧˖°
°˖✧ puzzle dates » regulus black ✧˖°
°˖✧ duty calls » hermione granger ✧˖°
°˖✧ holey » fred weasley ✧˖°
°˖✧ on a date ✧˖°
°˖✧ polaroids » regulus black✧˖°
°˖✧ dancing ✧˖°
°˖✧ home » fred weasley ✧˖°
°˖✧ pinks, blues and yellows » regulus black ✧˖°
°˖✧ arranged » george weasley ✧˖°
°˖✧ soft mornings » regulus black✧˖°
°˖✧ not anymore » regulus black✧˖°
°˖✧ mixtapes » draco malfoy ✧˖°
°˖✧ moonlit ramblings » regulus black ✧˖°

°˖✧ sundays » fred weasley ✧˖°

7.5K 159 57
By quillsanddaydreams

—author's note: So, I think this is the moment where we say 'and they were roomates!'

—warning(s): mentions of food, gender neutral!reader (pronouns haven't been used throughout the story)

—wordcount: 1,517

Curled up on the couch, with a book on one hand and tea on another was perhaps your favourite state to be. It was Sunday and you were planning to use it as much as possible. The apartment was rather quiet which you found absurd. Your roommates had always been mischievous and the silence on a day off made you think whether you were a part of an elaborate prank. You knew George wasn't at home, he had a date with Lee, but the quiet still made you paranoid. Untangling yourself from your previous position, you got up and moved to Fred's door and knocked twice.

"You can come in," an exasperated voice came and you opened the door.

Fred was staring at the laptop screen in utmost concentration, running a hand through his hair. The room was a mess, the green bed sheets all crinkled and boxes laid open all around. That wasn't something new, his room always seemed to get dirty but the grin you were usually met with was missing. You knew that Fred sucked at muggle technology. He hated using a smartphone, as accessible as it was. Seeing him using a computer made you furrow your eyebrows.

"Fred, what are you doing?" you asked as he squeezed his eyes shut.

"You know how much dad loves the muggles and technology, right?" he asked and you nodded. "I thought of making him one of those video thingies but this is not working."

You tentatively walked to sit beside him, looking into what he had created. Pictures were haphazardly placed and he had 15 windows open all at once. Fred let out a groan. It pained you to make out what he was trying to do.

"Um, Fred, do you need the sound recorder right now?" you asked softly and he shook his head. Taking the laptop from him, you closed it.

"Which editing app do you want to use?" you asked next, seeing the five applications he had opened.

"The blue one with the owl? It's the only one I can get," he said as you clicked a few times clearing out his desktop. When you were done, you handed it back to him.

"I think things would be a little simpler now," you said getting up. Fred tugged at your hand, stopping you.

"Help me, please," he pleaded, his eyes and lips in a perfect pout. You found yourself smiling before you could help it, for you had never quite learnt how to say no to the man in front of you. And he did seem exhausted.

"Fine," you said, giving in. It wouldn't be too difficult, you had gone through the process more than thrice. Fred's face transformed into a wide grin you knew all too well. Trying to control your heartbeat, you sat down to the place he was gesturing. Though it had been years since you lived with him, you never quite got over the crush you had built for him when you first met. He was attractive and cheeky and seemed to have an uncanny ability to make you smile. Over time, you just started loving him even more. You never quite had the courage to tell him, being roommates and all. The fear of rejection outweighed all possibilities.

Fred shifted a little, your sides touching with his. He gave you the device as you separated the pictures he was using hoping to see what he did.

"Fred," you started. "What— what were you attempting to make?"

Fred crossed his arms, looking unsure.

"You know that thing you made for your friend's birthday? Where the pictures zoomed in and out?"

"Oh."

"One of my long-time customers helped me convert the pictures I already had into ji-fs?"

"G-i-f's?"

"Dunno, it sounded weird," he said, scratching the back of his neck. You chuckled.

"Alright," you said. "Can I see them first?"

Fred nodded as you opened up the folder. You squealed a little on seeing the first picture. Fred and George were holding chickens as Arther told them something.

"Actually, on second thoughts," Fred began trying to shut the panel. "I don't think I'm up for showing my childhood pictures to you."

"Nu-uh," you tutted, clicking your tongue against your cheek. There was no way you were giving up on this. "I wanna see the adorable person you were."

"Oh so I'm not now?" Fred asked as you considered him, squinting your eyes. Placing his chin on his palm, welcoming you to stare at him. He always had beautiful features. Looking at his eyes, his freckles... his lips; you could practically hear your heart thumping in your chest. You didn't know how he hadn't figured it out, you were quite obvious.

"Nah," you said at last, smirking and turning your attention back to the screen. If you saw his face, you knew you wouldn't be able to keep up the act. Fred feigned hurt.

"Oi look at this cute baby here," you said as he dramatically propped his head on your shoulder.

"I don't know, I think my old pictures will now only serve as a reminder of how handsome I used to be."

You rolled your eyes.

"Stop," you laughed, nudging and Fred wiped an imaginary tear off his face.

"Can't believe my beautiful roommate doesn't think I'm a cutie," he muttered. You snapped your head towards him.

"What did you just say?" you asked as his eyes widened a little.

"Hmm? That I can't believe my roommate doesn't think I'm a cutie," he repeated. You narrowed your eyes at him, but he continued to act nonchalant. Fred never complimented easily and you knew what you heard. Could he... you shook yourself. It was better to continue.

After seeing all the pictures, you quickly sorted them out, year-wise and started on the video. The editing application Fred used wasn't great so you switched it up. In an hour or so, it seemed to be coming together. Pictures zoomed in and out in different shapes, you made sure each one was given ample time to be played. Soft music you two chose upon seemed to fit it perfectly and you found Fred smiling. His eyes had a sparkle. You could sense just how much he loved his family, not just this once but from the years you spent with him. Always going out of his way to do things for them, making them gifts, how happy he looked when they visited... It was one of the things you admired about him.

"You know, you've been staring at me far too long for someone who doesn't find me cute," he said, making you look away and heat rise to your cheeks and ears.

"I was only joking and you know it," you murmured as Fred shot you a smug look.

"I couldn't quite hear you, love," he said. You glared at him in half-annoyance and placed the computer on his lap, getting up.

"Your video is almost done, I think you can complete it now," you said, opening the door to get out.

"Oh no you don't—" Fred said, almost jumping. Your eyes widened as you sprinted out of his room, your roommate hot on your feet. Feeling arms around your waist, you let out a squeak, seeking to release yourself from his hold but ended up toppling down. You held Fred's elbow to steady yourself but it didn't work. He resulted in falling down on you making you release a grunt.

"Ah! Fred, move," you exclaimed. "You're heavy."

"Dunno," he said, wiggling his eyebrows. "I feel pretty comfortable."

You tried not to show any emotions but it was proving difficult. His face was so close to yours you could count his freckles. He glanced at your lips for the smallest second, you almost missed it. Almost.

"Is that so?" you asked, putting on an innocent smile. You did not know where the sudden confidence came from, and apparently neither did Fred. His cheeks brightened with a rosy red colour. Bringing your hand up, you brushed away stray hair from his face, gazing at his eyes. He swore under his breath.

"Do you have any idea how difficult it is to control myself around you?" he asked, voice barely above a whisper. Your mind worked too fast for you to think and all you could feel was your ribcage bubbling madly.

"Then don't," you prompted. Fred blinked, before gently cradling your face with one hand. He leaned in cautiously, giving you ample moments to stop him or pull back. Moving upwards, you captured his lips making him release a gasp in surprise. It was a slow kiss, the one that was filled with both hesitations and delight. You let your eyes fall shut relishing in the feeling.

"God I wanted to do that for a long time," you said, making Fred's sassiness return. Before he could say anything, you pressed a finger against his lips.

"Don't. Don't you dare tease me now."

"I was going to say I should make you fall more often, but I guess I'll have to shut up."

—so what do you think?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39K 728 30
[BEING REWRITTEN! MORE INFO ON MY PROFILE] I've tried multiple times at a decent description but im bad at those, so this is a Reader Insert story an...
41.2K 593 35
Hello, lovely readers! Here lies a collection of harry potter characters (x female! reader) one-shots that I have written over time. I mainly writ...
9.7K 94 14
This is a oneshot, xreader book. like the title already said this is for Harry Potter characters I am really busy with school and life so I am ending...
1.5K 41 7
Like the title suggests this is a book of Regulus Black one-shots because somehow I've become obsessed with a character that was only slightly mentio...