The Badass Nerd

By random_quills

"What the hell did you do!?" I heard a feminine voice behind me. I groaned and turned around to meet a very a... More

Cheese and Witcher
Valorant and Caramel
Date and hugs
Let you go
Break up and Punches
Cafe and Butt
Breakdowns and Sarcasm
That's what she said
Kit Harrington and Batman
Kisses and Sherlock Holmes
Lasagna and Zombieland
Drinks and Balls
STD and Hot Chocolate
Chocolate Mousse and Fifty Shades
Odin and Annoying Alarms
Biology Quiz and Karaoke
Blank Space and Daddy
Poisons and Hospitals
Big Hug and Crime Scene
Flings and PJs
Pure Evil and Six to go
Teddy Bear and Gamble
Football and Man-whore
Something with 'B' and 100% score
Irresistible Body and Library Aisle
Soft Tunes and Snores like a Whale
Walk of Shame and Badass Outfit
Fast and Furious and the Badass Nerd
Baby Shark and Halloween
Little Things and Red Flags
Disney Princess and Letters
Just Us
Editing Mode On

Team Spirit and Uber

1.1K 60 6
By random_quills

Honestly speaking, I can't get into the technicalities of the game because I didn't know how to. What I do know is it was a really really really close match. Carter made the winning goal and we all cheered for him. He was the star of the match and if you will ask me, I admired him in his each attempt. Twice, he tried to goal and twice his shot was way over the post. I guess regular practice really does affect a player's precision. He had to take the winning goal else it would have been a shame for him. He wasn't bad but he did make huge mistakes though his last goal saved his ass. All of us were hugging each other and chanting Carter's name continuously. As soon as he made the last goal, he didn't care if others were happy, he didn't care if the team was happy, he just looked at me, stared at me for my reaction. I was so much in aw I didn't even react for a while. When it finally registered that we won, I jumped and smiled widely so much so, my cheeks hurt. After he saw how much I loved his game and how happy I was, he went back to his teammates and they all cheered for him. Mark was with the team and they were all talking and laughing at something. I am guessing Mark said something good to Carter because he was scratching the back of his neck meaning he was blushing. 

"Should we go and congratulate them?" Mia asked.
"Nah! We can do that in the after party. I think they will have a talk with their coach. Some team spirit kind of crap." Sofia said and we all nodded in unison. I turned around to leave the ground.
"Not everyone wants to talk to the coach I guess." Emma said and smirked at me. I saw in the direction her eyes were focused on and I saw Carter coming towards me. I thought he was going to talk to me but he didn't stop. He just rushed towards me and engulfed me in a big hug. I was surprised at first but I became comfortable in his touch. I just realized how much I missed being close to him. I was desperately waiting for the match to be over so I could be close to him again. He sighed in relief and I thought he was going to hug a little bit longer but he abruptly pulled away.

"Sorry, I am drenched in sweat." He said and scratched the back of his neck.
"I don't mind." I said and smirked at him. He laughed and shook his head.
"So did you enjoy?" 
"Football? No. You sweating? Absolutely." I said and he smirked.
"Good to know."
"You know what else I would have enjoyed more?" I asked.
"What?"
"You guys should start playing shirtless." I said and he laughed at me.
"I would have said I am honored but I would be lying. I don't want you to watch others like that." He said and I laughed at how cute and possessive he was being.
"Should I expect you in the after party?" I asked and he shrugged.
"I didn't want to but I have to. Team wants me there. Will you be there?" 
"Obviously. I may not like football but I like parties."
"You just gave me a legit reason to be there." He said and winked at me. 
"Hey Grayson! Come on! Coach is calling us for team photo." Chris called him out and he cursed under his breath.
"See you in the party." I said and winked at him. I left the stands and saw my friends waiting for me in the car. I was so focused on Carter, I didn't even realize they already left the ground.

"I see you are done boning Carter." Ashley said and I smacked her head.
"Not yet. Just casual flirting for now. That will come later." I said and smirked.
"So it will happen?" Mia said and I shrugged.
"Tell me you didn't think about it when you first saw him." I said and she gave me a knowing smirk.
"I wanna say no but I'd be lying." She said.
"Well, I called the shots. Besides, you have Joe Mama for you." I said and everyone laughed. We took our time while driving. It was a peaceful night and Ed Sheeran's Castle on the Hill was on the playlist. We all danced and sang along in the car enjoying the ride. When we were close to the party house, we could here music from a significant distance. We parked the car and jumped out of it. 

"Let's get this party started!" Emma said and we all danced to the house. We got escorted by our guys as soon as we came in. I saw Joe taking Mia's hand and taking her towards the drinks. She must have invited him and they seemed happy together. I was worried that Sofia might get alone until Chris came jogging towards her and she gladly put her hand in his. I gaped at her and she saw my reaction. She mouthed I-will-tell-you-later and I nodded in response. As soon as she was out of sight, I made my way towards the bar and waited for Carter. He said he'd be here but I couldn't find him anywhere. I got a beer and was searching for him when a guy from the team came towards me.

"The most badass girl in school sitting all alone. What happened?" The guy said and I rolled my eyes while taking another sip.
"How ignorant and idiotic of you to talk to the most badass girl in school in that tone." I said and he raised his hand in surrender and laughed.
"Point taken. Let me try again." He said and cleared his throat.
"Better make the best use of it. Only one another chance left." I said and he chuckled.
"Okay genie. How about, may I buy you a drink?" He said and I smirked.
"Hm.. cliché but effective. I would have said yes-"
"But she is already waiting for someone. Don't worry darling, the wait is over. Your prince charming is here." Carter said while walking beside me. He put his hand on my shoulder and pulled me close. I chuckled and looked at the unnamed guy.
"My kiss turned him into this. He was a filthy slimy frog back then." I said and the guy laughed.
"You are awesome. I like you." He said ignoring Carter. I chuckled.
"Everyone does Mr. X." I said and he took his hand out for me to shake.
"Brian at your service Liv." He said and I shook his hand.
"No need for that Brian. I like being independent." I said and he laughed.
"Noted. I think your boyfriend might eat me alive any second now so I am gonna take your leave." He said looking at Carter and rightly so, Carter had a murderous expression on his face. Brian waved at me and disappeared in the crowd. Carter huffed beside me and I pulled his cheek.
"You are cute when you are jealous." I said and he groaned.
"I.AM.NOT.CUTE.I.AM.SEXY" He said and I laughed.
"Nah you are cute." I said and shuffled his hair. He smacked my hand away and glared at me.
"Boy someone needs a beer." I said and handed him the bottle. He took it and took a big gulped. I don't really know what happened but the next thing I know, I, Ashley, Emma, Sofia and Mia were sitting in front of the drink area and people chanting our names. I think we took a bet from the guys saying that we can gulp more drinks in three minutes than they can. Of course I was drunk enough to consider this a great idea.

"READY. SET. GO!" Noah said and well started taking shots. After one minute, Emma was down which was not surprising. She can't drink much, she is an elegant drinker. In the second minute, I and Sofia were done for. Again not surprising, we can't drink much. All three of us gathered around Mia and Ashley as they kept drinking. Mia was getting slow and after 10 seconds into the third minute, she was done for while Ashley kept her pace. She kept drinking and we were awed by her skills. Truly enough, no one can drink like Ashley. Just as the third minute finished, she gulped her shot and slammed the glass on the table.

Carter's P.O.V.

"35 SHOTS FROM THE LADIES! ASHLEY IS THE CHAMPION." The guy behind the bar announced and we all cheered for her. She stood on the counter and rolled her hand as if she was holding an imaginary mic. 
"THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT. I WOULDN'T HAVE DONE IT WITHOUT MY GIRLS." She said as if she was giving an Oscar speech. She motioned for the rest of the girls to come up and all four of them stood on the table with her. Music blasted from behind and they all started dancing. I, Noah, Joe and Chris surrounded the girls to make sure they don't fall while Mark enjoyed the show. After three songs, it was our turn.

"WILL THE GUYS BE ABLE TO MATCH THE GIRLS! LET'S SEE!" He announced and we helped the girls get down the table so they don't fall off. I helped Emma as well and she held me as if I was her only balance which I was because I soon as I left her, she almost fell on the ground. She weighted herself on me and I put her in a couch close to the counter. 

I took my seat beside Noah on the extreme end and Mark, Joe and Chris joined us. The guy behind the counter gave us a questioning glance and we all nodded.

"THE PARTICIPANTS ARE HERE! LET'S START THIS SENSATIONAL CONTEST. READY! SET! DRINK!" He said and we started taking shots after shots. Joe and Mark were the first ones to stop in the first minute. Noah stopped in the second minute and I and Chris kept drinking until I could drink no more and Chris was the last one to finish. He slammed his last shot as soon as the bell rang and the girls came by our sides for the result. I held Liv by her waist and the guys did the same with the girls. 

"WITH A VERY CLOSE MARGIN OF JUST ONE SHOT, GIRLS ARE THE WINNERS!!!" He announced and the girls hi-fived each other. They all laughed until all of their faces changed from happy to blank to nauseous. They all ran outside and threw their guts out. When they came back, everyone was silent worried sick about them but they all looked at each other and smiled.

"THE PARTY MUST GO ON!" Olivia shouted and everyone cheered. We all danced and drank until the party was almost over. None of us were on the right condition to drive so we decided to take a cab.

"Carter, boober." Liv said while slurring and I took my phone out. It was blurry and it was hard for me to navigate through my phone.
"Yes boober." Ashley said to Noah and he chuckled at her. 
"Isn't it toober?" Emma said.
"No, its cloober." Mia said and they all laughed.
"It's uber." Mark said and laughed at us. Mark was the only one who was the least drunk and in his half right mind. He had his plaster on so he was not allowed to drink too much. Mark ordered three ubers and we all squeezed ourselves somehow. I was with Liv, Ashley and Noah and Mia, Sofia, Joe and Chris took the next one and Mark and Emma came in the last one. 

"You know, everyone has their unique smell." Liv said and came close to me.
"You smell like a really masculine flower..." She said after sniffing me. "And I smell like chocolates." She said and bumped her fist in the air.
"Well, right now you smell like puke and vodka." I said and she glared at me.
"Shut up or I will turn into that filthy slimy frog you once were." She said and I laughed at her.
"I can see why you are falling for her Carter." Noah said and I glared at him. Even if she was drunk, I didn't want her to know yet.
"YOU ARE FALLING FOR ME!?" She exclaimed and my face was read as a tomato. 
"I am love." I said and she giggled. This was the first time I ever heard her giggle and I must say, it doesn't suit her personality.

After dropping Ashley and Noah off, I took her to her home but she was already fast asleep. I took her in my arms bridal style and went in her house. Her mom wasn't in sight and maybe she was already asleep. I carefully took her to her room and put her on her bed. She moaned softly.

"Carter." She whispered.
"Yeah?" I wanted her to sleep and rest but I was curious what she was going to say.
"I think..."
"Yeah?"
"I think I am falling for you too."

.........

Let me know if you like it. Vote and comment XOXO

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4K 147 34
I fell for a boy with the kindest blue eyes, and a charming dimple. He made me feel loved, and cared for, and most importantly he made me feel safe i...
164K 4.9K 33
Completed "What the hell do you think you're doing?" I asked, glaring at him while he forcefully dragged me out of class. "You told me you need help...
7.5K 278 17
When Enid Jones a straight A student and a perfect Islamic daughter any parent would wish to have, won a scholarship to the prestigious Montrose Acad...
183K 2.6K 31
Enemies to lovers❤️ Imagine if your worst enemy would move in RIGHT NEXT TO YOUR HOUSE? This book about Grayson and Isabella will tell you how she ex...