The Ranking System (BoyxBoy)✔

By letsgohomehidee

After getting caught by the police, Axis Imber is sent to a school for misfits. A school to some, a prison fo... More

⚜~Author's Note~⚜
⚜Chapter 1: The Interrogation Room
⚜Chapter 3: Him
⚜Chapter 4: The Orphanage
⚜Chapter 5: Serpenti High
⚜Chapter 6: Home
⚜Chapter 7: The Ranking System
⚜Chapter 8: Our Forever
⚜Chapter 9: Heroes Don't Exist
⚜Chapter 10: Adam Hale
⚜Chapter 11: Off-Limits
⚜Chapter 12: A Blowie
⚜Chapter 13: Three Days
⚜Chapter 14: Naked in the Showers
⚜Chapter 15: The Bottom
⚜Chapter 16: The Good Ol' Days
⚜Chapter 17: Lone Wolf
⚜Chapter 18: Two Boys, One Bottle
⚜Chapter 19: A Mishap
⚜Chapter 20: My Death
⚜Chapter 21: Don't Trust Anyone
⚜Chapter 22: Vadim's Secret
⚜Chapter 23: My Friend, the Psychopath
⚜Chapter 24: High Morals
⚜Chapter 25: A Vicious Cycle
⚜Chapter 26: A Corpse? No, a body
⚜Chapter 27: Another Psycho
⚜Chapter 28: The Brink of Death
⚜Chapter 29: All for Me
⚜Chapter 30: Cold Case
⚜Chapter 31: The Deal
🌟Book 2 & 3🌟
🌟Published!!!🌟
⚜Book #2: The Rankless System
⚜Book #3: The Fall of the System
⚜Hidee's Shop part II⚜
🌷Y.O.L.O & Hidee's store🌷

⚜Chapter 2: One Year in Hell

75.8K 3.6K 5K
By letsgohomehidee

A/N: 10.06.2021

Random question, but how many languages can you speak?

P.S: If you guys would like access to advanced chapters and quicker updates of "The Ranking System", you can join my Patreon!

The link is in my Wattpad bio ♡

⚜⚜⚜

"How did you manage to survive on your own?" the policeman asked, resuming where we left off.

"Is that a genuine question or a remark?"

"Eric-"

"Axis," I corrected acidly. If my wrists weren't cuffed, I would have knocked him off his chair. There was only one person who was allowed to call me by that name. 

I paused and stifled a pathetic laugh. 

Yeah, the same person who abandoned me.

I pushed the thought away for the millionth time but a bitter feeling remained.

"It's a genuine question," Mr. Cop said, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"I became the city's youngest hitman and killed a couple of people to get some cash," I shrugged.

Mr. Cop and I obviously didn't share the same humor. All the lines on his face deepened. I said nothing at first. I glanced around at the grim cinder blocks, the tiny black video cameras that peered down from every corner before looking back at him.

"I had a couple of part-time jobs," I finally said.

"You're a minor."

"And you're an old fart."

His jaw tightened and I smiled.

"You'd be surprised by how many unpunished crimes happen in this city," I said with a Chesire grin. Mr. Cop, being the dumb and naive cop that he was, asked me what kind of jobs I did, who hired me, and where the locations were. But he should know by now that if I was unwilling to talk about my own life, then there was no way in hell that I'd snitch on someone else's. 

Besides, illegal or not, those jobs kept me alive. And the people who hired me were good people. Good people who did bad things because they struggled to keep their heads above the water. But they saved me.

Hiring a homeless orphan was cheap labor, but they never treated me badly. They took care of me and watched my back when no one else did. When I washed dishes, the restaurant owners would sometimes give me leftover food so I wouldn't have to worry about starving for the next couple of days. 

"Eri- I mean, Axis," he said. "I understand that you want to protect these people, but-"

"My lips are sealed," I cut him off. 

He opened his mouth and then closed it, blinked twice, then spoke.

"I'm sorry we couldn't protect you, Axis, I really am. I won't ask about your jobs, but can you answer this," he said. "How illegal were the jobs?"

My eyebrows quirked, confused by his question.

"They were honest jobs."

"You didn't..." he rubbed his hands together, looking uncomfortable. He then put his hand over his mouth and dragged it down his prickly jaw, then said, "You didn't do anything that required intimate services?"

My eyes flattened to slits.

"I didn't whore myself out if that's what you're asking," I deadpanned.

"It was a question, Axis, I needed to make sure."

"I'd kill myself before I spread my legs for anyone."

"Axis-"

"Are we done?"

He looked at me. I guess he was getting tired too. Good, maybe I can go home now.

Ha, jokes on me, I didn't have a home. 

Mr. Cop, who I later learned was "Christopher", asked me a few more questions which I blatantly refused to answer. Not after his offensive question.

"Alright, we'll stop the interrogation for now," he said.

"For now? You mean we have to do this again?" I groaned.

He dismissed my question.

"We've spoken to an organization that helps fund money for young people who are struggling with poverty," he said.

"You guys threw a pity party without me?" I asked, pretending to sound hurt. Again, I was ignored. 

"Since you're still a minor, they've agreed to help pay for your education. We're sending you back to school. There's a high school in the Southside. It's a school for-"

My eyes widened when he mentioned the southside.

"You can't seriously be thinking of sending me there."

"You don't know which school I'm talking about."

"Oh, I do. You're thinking of sending me to that school for criminals kids with behavioral problems," I blurted. I've heard about that school's terrible reputation. "You can't seriously be sending me to that hell hole!"

"It's not as bad as your think," he tried to reassure me.

"Last time I heard, someone died in there," I sneered.

"It's the only public school with a dormitory," he said calmly. "You'll be given a bed, have food on your plate, and the education you need to graduate."

"You're sending me to juvey!" I shouted. 

"It's not juvenile," he scowled, but the expression on his face made it feel like it was a place far worse than that. "You'll be given proper education and get a diploma that'll help you build a better future for yourself."

I let out a shaky laughter.

"You're kidding me. Just let me work right away. I have arms and legs. I don't need knowledge, I need money."

"You earn money with knowledge."

"You really think someone like me is going to fit in society? I don't know if you've noticed, but I'm an outcast. I'm never going to climb up the ranks."

He frowned. Before he could say anything, I interrupted him.

"You can't send me to juvey," I murmured.

"We're not sending you to juvenile. Juvenile will leave a permanent record. We're sending you to a high school, an institution that will give you credits. The school has a... Bad reputation, but it's the only school that's willing to accept you, especially on such short notice."

"Which school are you sending me to?" I asked weakly.

"Serpenti High."

My eyes widened. I've heard rumors about that place, definitely worse than sending me to juvy. I heard kids who murdered their parents went there, some kind of crazy mental institution or worse. 

"You're sending me to a school for criminals," I said, accusingly. 

"Technically, you're a criminal too."

This time, I was the one who didn't reciprocate his humor. 

I fell silent. I wasn't one to complain much, I didn't have much to complain about since my life was never great to begin with. Expectations were low, but Serpenti High? I knew I was born with bad luck but surely, even I didn't deserve to be sent there.

A bunch of delinquents running around acting like gangsters, selling drugs, and committing crimes. What kind of education would I get there? Lessons on how to sneak in illegal drugs without getting caught? How to get away with murder?

"You start school next week. We'll bring you your stuff and send you there once we finish signing the papers. I'll visit you whenever I can. One year, okay? Once it's over, you can live your life however you'd like."

One year.

He made it sound like one year in Hell was nothing.

⚜⚜⚜

A/N: Please don't forget to leave a vote! ❤

P.s: comment your nationality and flag! I really want to know where my readers are from 🥰

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2M 121K 49
*** COMPLETED *** Sixteen year old Daniel Layman has been bullied since he came out. His best friend and protector Sean, moved to Los Angeles leaving...
809K 19K 59
The story of a boy, a man, and a lie. Leo is an 18 year old high school senior who is up to his neck in stress from work and school. He simply can't...
25K 2.5K 16
"When I first saw you, I thought I'd have to kill you." "Uh, excuse me?" "But now I'll kill anyone that even thinks of laying a finger on you," he s...
64.3K 2.9K 32
Leroi's lifetime list of bad decisions has just gotten longer than he ever imagined. He pissed off rival jocks, fell in love with the school's outcas...