Beyond The Lamppost

By ineffable_narnia

Just A book of Narnia one shots!!! I hope you all enjoy these and I hope they can maybe help you to see Narni... More

He Missed his Father
I'll be
Four Extrodinary Kids from England
Like an Ocean
I promise
Write The Future
You Lowered Your Sword
You Don't Have to Face the World Alone
Together Forever
The Best Big Brother Ever
Because I Love You
All I Care About
Everything Was Right in the World
I Forgive You For Everything
I Will Always Forgive You
Always The Youngest
Goodbye is Not Forever
Just
Goodbye
I Can Only Imagine
Lost Without You - Part 1
Lost Without You - Part 2
Lost Without You - Part 3
Peter Would Want You to Have it
To Love At All is to be Vulnerable
The Best Gift I've Ever Recieved
The Best Christmas
The First Christmas in Narnia
Happy Birthday Ed
Too Good of a Big Brother
For Narnia and For Aslan
Brothers Forever
A Wild Imagination
Love and Sacrifice
Random Prompts Game Part 2
That's What Friends Are For
Home
I Wouldn't Want it Any Other Way
Stay Gold
Random Prompts Game Part 3
Incredibly Grateful
Random Prompts Game Part 4
Now My Eyes Leak Acid Rain
How Rare and Beautiful it is to Even Exist
Random Prompts Game Part 5
Random Promps Game - Part 6
The Most Difficult Thing I've Ever had to do
Until His Dying Breath
Turned into Your Worst Fears
Longing For Love
Lucy Had Nothing
Random Prompts Game - Part 7
The World Hated Me First
Home
Random Prompts Game - Part 8
Random Prompts Part 10

Random Prompts Game

248 12 4
By ineffable_narnia

A/N: Please Read
So I played this game with my friend Nina the other day MagicofNarnia where we had a random prompt and ten minutes to write it. If you follow her you've probably already seen hers 😂 but these were written very quickly in a short amount of time so they're short and unedited 😅 but Nina needs to read them so I shall publish them.

Alsooo I was literally one sentence short of finishing this first one in time, so I just added on a sentence at the end bc it is way too cute not to publish. You'll love it Nina😂😉💖

Rain
Edmund stared sadly out the window as the rain poured down from the sky. He'd wanted to play outside, but seeming as it was raining, he knew he wouldn't be able to do that now.

"Hey, Ed." Peter said, walking up to his brother.

"Hi." Edmund said sadly.

"What's wrong?" Peter asked.

"I wanted to play outside, but it's raining."

"Oh." Peter said, looking out the window. Well you can always play inside?" He suggested.

"I'm bored of playing inside." Edmund said.

"What if I played with you?" Peter said.

"But I wanna play outside." Edmund said, crossing his arms.

Peter chuckled slightly, before kneeling down to his brothers level. "Okay, tell you what. How about you and I throw on our raincoats, and rainboots, and go jump in some puddles?"

Edmund's eyes widened and a smile lit up his face. "Can we please?!" He said.

Peter laughed. "Sure. But not for too long, or we'll get sick."

Edmund nodded, already going to put on his coat and boots.

Once the boys were dressed they headed out to the backyard. It wasn't raining too heavily, but enough to get them wet.

Edmund immediately ran over to a huge puddle and jumped up and down in it.

Peter laughed before running over to a giant puddle right next to Edmund's. He jumped right in the center, and splashed Edmund with water.

Edmund gasped as the water hit him, looking over at his brother. "Hey!" He said, laughing.

Peter smirked at him before jumping in the puddle Edmund was stood in, getting him even wetter than before.

Edmund laughed. "Peter!" He said.

"You wanted to get wet." Peter said with a shrug.

Edmund laughed. "Can we play tag?" He asked.

"Sure." Peter said. "But don't run too fast cause you may slip and fall."

Edmund nodded before running away, Peter chasing after him.

Eventually Peter caught him. "Got ya!" He said, lifting Edmund into his arms and tickling him.

Edmund started laughing, as he looked up at Peter. "Thank you for playing with me!" He said.

"Of course, Ed. Did you have fun?"

"A blast!" Edmund said, before the two headed back inside.

Nightmares
Peter rushed into Edmund's room the second he heard his brother scream. When he opened the door, he saw Edmund thrashing around in bed, tangled in the blankets, and sweating.

He ran over to the bed, sitting on the edge. "Ed!" He said, shaking his brother. "Edmund wake up."

It took a little bit, but eventually Edmund woke up.
He stared up at Peter for a moment, taking deep breaths. "Peter?" He said, barely above a whisper.

Peter nodded. "I'm here. It's alright."

Edmund let out a sigh of relief before sitting up.

"You wanna talk about it?" Peter asked.

Edmund shrugged."the same dream I always have. Jadis."

Peter nodded. "Were you in her dungeons?"

"Yeah." Edmund said. "She tortured me for information on where you all were, then killed you right in front of me."

"Oh, Ed." Peter said, wrapping his arms around his brother. "It's alright. She didn't kill us. I'm alive, and so are Susan and Lucy."

Edmund wrapped his arms around Peter, glad he was able to do so. "I know." He choked.

"Thanks for waking me up." He said, after they pulled apart a moment later.

"No problem." Peter said, smiling at him. "You should get back to sleep."

Edmund nodded before lying down. "Peter?" He said, right as Peter reached the door to leave.

"Yeah?" Peter asked.

"I love you."

Peter smiled at him. "I love you too Edmund. So much."

Edmund smiled at him. "I know you do. Goodnight."

"Night, Ed." Peter said, before shutting the door behind him and heading back to his own room.

Battle
Edmund never forgot the battle of Beruna. How could he? It was the day he almost lost his life.

He didn't regret what he did though, not for a second. His sacrifice had saved Peter's life, along with the lives of countless Narnians. If losing his life, is what it took to save them, then he didn't mind. He would sacrifice himself willingly to save his family and his people. And he had, and he would do so again if he needed to.

Peter wished he hadn't done it, for Edmund had scared Peter so badly. He'd scared himself so badly.

But, Peter would have done the exact same thing in that situation. And they both knew it.

Sacrificing himself, was the least Edmund could do after betraying Narnia. He loved Narnia and her people, and he owed that much too them.

He owed much more than his life to Narnia.

Narnia gave him a home. It brought his family back together. It changed him for the better. Because of Narnia, he knew Aslan. And because of Aslan, he found the one true Aslan in our world.

Jesus.

Because of Narnia, Edmund had new life. In many ways.

And for that, he was incredibly grateful.

Gold
The golden child.

Edmund always felt like Peter  was the golden child. He did perfectly in school, never once got a bad grade. Had the perfect friends. Mum and dad always loved them.

Edmund wasn't so perfect. He made bad grades sometimes. He really did try his best, but he didn't always understand what was happening. He asked for Peter's help a few times, but he was always busy.

Edmund's parents hated his friends. They said they were bad influences, and bullies. And deep down, Edmund knew they were right. But, these were the only friends he had. If he stopped being friends with them, he would have no one.

Edmund wished he could be more like Peter. He admired his brother. He always had since he was younger.

But as they got older, his admiration turned bitter. Because he knew wasn't good enough to be like Peter. And he instead wished Peter wasn't so perfect.

And eventually, he got angry with his brother for always being so perfect. That anger grew. And Peter thought Edmund didn't like him, or even hated him.

He tried to show Edmund love, but Edmund rejected him. He rejected everyone.

Because everyone was perfect. Except for him. And he never would be.

So he stopped trying to be.

He didn't care about his grades. He didn't care if everyone hated his friends. He didn't care if he made Lucy cry. Or that Peter was perfect and he never would be.

He didn't care about anyone, except for himself.

And that's how Edmund's falling out began.

❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀
Let me know if y'all enjoyed any of these. I honestly enjoyed writing them, and wouldn't mind doing this again if y'all want me to😂 it's good to get me in the mood for writing (which I reallyyy need lately😅)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

157K 3.2K 30
A Reader X Edmund Pevensie FanFic starting in the setting of the film Prince Caspian. This will be an ongoing series! I am open to suggestions and re...
107K 1.7K 22
"But Peter, It was always you..." Must be Love || THE CHRONICLES OF NARNIA PETER PEVENSIE X OC [EVERYTHING BELONGS TO DISNE...
2.6K 80 12
"The sons of Adam and daughters of Eve shall rule, but the oldest daughter shall never be equal to her siblings" Anne Pevensie was constantly oversha...
8.5K 148 22
Diana is the princess of a far away country in the world of Narnia, but since she is the youngest of her siblings she is looked down upon, and even w...