Out Of Time

just-dreaming-marvel

Y/N Rogers got the healthier genes compared to her twin brother, Steve. But they both got an equal amount of... Еще

Intro - Please Read
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
forty-seven
forty-eight
forty-nine
fifty
fifty-one
fifty-two
fifty-three
fifty-four
fifty-five
fifty-six
fifty-seven
fifty-eight
fifty-nine
sixty
sixty-one
sixty-two
sixty-three
sixty-four
sixty-five
sixty-six
sixty-seven
sixty-eight
sixty-nine
seventy
seventy-one
seventy-two
seventy-three
seventy-four
seventy-five
seventy-six
seventy-seven
seventy-eight
seventy-nine
eighty
eighty-one
eighty-two
eighty-three
eighty-four
eighty-six
eighty-seven
eighty-eight
eighty-nine
ninety
ninety-one
ninety-two
ninety-three
ninety-four
ninety-five
ninety-six
ninety-seven
ninety-eight
ninety-nine
hundred
hundred one
hundred two
hundred three
hundred four
hundred five
hundred six
hundred seven
hundred eight
hundred nine
hundred ten
hundred eleven
hundred twelve
hundred thirteen
hundred fourteen
hundred fifteen
hundred sixteen
hundred seventeen
hundred eighteen
hundred nineteen
hundred twenty
hundred twenty-one
hundred twenty-two
hundred twenty-three
hundred twenty-four
hundred twenty-five
hundred twenty-six
hundred twenty-seven
hundred twenty-eight
hundred twenty-nine
hundred thirty
hundred thirty-one
hundred thirty-two
hundred thirty-three
hundred thirty-four
hundred thirty-five
hundred thirty-six
hundred thirty-seven
hundred thirty-eight
hundred thirty-nine
hundred forty
hundred forty-one
THE OTHER BOOKS

eighty-five

945 29 5
just-dreaming-marvel

Y/N woke up as Fury, Natasha, and Sam found her. Sam and Nat quickly rushed the twins to the hospital. On the way, Y/N starting realizing that she had forgotten about one thing. Her team. They were in danger. Or, at this point, could have been dead. So she snuck away. She knew she needed the medical care, but her team needed her more. Fury caught her in the back of the hospital and stuffed her into a van.

"What are you doing?" Y/N questioned.

"Helping you," Fury answered, waving the driver to go. "And your team."

"Do you know where they are?"

"Even better, I know where they're headed. And I'm going to get you there first to help."

"Where are we headed?"

"The airport. I have a jet waiting to take you to one of my bases off SHIELD's radar. Agent Eric Koenig will be there to greet you, he knows you're coming."

"Thanks, Nick."

"I just have to warn you, Romanoff called Stark."

"What?!"

"And he's heading to the hospital. He's not going to be very happy when he realizes your gone."

Y/N began massaging her temples. "He's going to call a national search party."

"Then call him."

"He'd insist on coming with me. And there's no way, especially after today, that he's ever going to back down again. I can't call him, not until my team is safe."

~~~

"Where is she?" Tony rushed into the hospital. Natasha was there to meet him, trying to figure out where Y/N could have gone. "I watched the helicarriers go down. Please tell me she wasn't on those."

"Tony, I'm going to need you to calm down," Nat said, setting her hands on his arms.

"Calm down?! My girlfriend was a fugitive of the law! And she wouldn't let come help her. Not to mention that the agency you all were working for was actually HYDRA. So, no, I will not calm down until she's safe in my arms."

"That's the thing, Tony.... She's missing."

"What do you mean she's missing?"

"We brought her and Steve here as soon as we found them. I went out to call you and when I came back, Y/N was gone."

~~~

It was freezing, wherever Fury had her dropped off. Luckily, he had things in the jet already for her. She folded her arms across her chest for warmth as she walked to where Fury told her to. A rock suddenly started moving, revealing the base. A man was there waiting for her.

"Agent Rogers, it is truly a honor to meet you," he greeted as Y/N walked into the base. "I'm Agent Eric Koenig. And this is what I call Providence."

"Have you heard from my team yet?" Y/N asked as they walked further into the base.

"Not yet, but you will be informed as soon as they make contact."

"Thank you."

"I have a room set up for you and here." Eric handed her a lanyard. "This will allow you access to everything."

As she put it around her neck, she felt the pain in her shoulder. "Do you have a first aid kit? I've kind of had a long day."

"Everything you need is in your room. And here we are." Eric stopped in front of a door, opening it. "The panel on the wall will allow you to know everyone's location and has a map of the base. I'll leave you to get some rest. Let me know if you need anything."

Y/N nodded as she stepped into the room, Eric closing the door for her. She stripped off the winter layers she had on and painfully took off her shirt. Leaving her in nothing but a sports bra on top. This allowed her to notice the hand shaped bruise on her neck. Y/N gently brushed her fingers against it, thinking of Bucky. It hurt to think about everything he might have gone through. She blinked away the tears that were forming and got back to what she was originally going to do.

Y/N slowly took off the badging and examined the wound. The wound had been bandaged up, but not stitched since she took off before anyone could help her. She sighed. It definitely needed to be stitched up, but the bleeding had slowed and Y/N didn't want to stitch herself up. So she bandaged it up with new wrap and settled into the bed for some much needed rest.

~~~

"Agent Rogers," Eric called into the room using the intercom system. "Your team has arrived. I will greet them. Met me in my office."

"Got it," Y/N replied, getting out of bed.

She went to the closet and grabbed a SHIELD sweatshirt, pulling it on. She looked at the wall panel for directions to Eric's office before heading off. Y/N waited patiently, choosing to hide herself as to surprise the team. She waited for a few minutes before Coulson and Eric entered, neither seeming to notice her.

"It's nice having company," Eric said as they walked into the room. "But don't get me wrong. I mean, this place is great."

"What's with the windows?" Coulson asked.

"Oh, that's supposed to make the isolation more bearable. Every day of the week, different view. Wednesday's pretty terrific if you like topless beaches."

"So, how long have you been in here?"

"Since the Chitauri invaded New York."

"Oh."

"Oh, it's not so bad. Reading a ton of historical fiction, gaming online with my brother. We're racking up major Call of Duty hours. You play?"

"Of course. Lately, not so much."

"Ah."

"So, was there something you wanted to tell me?"

"Yes! My bad. Fury-"

"Fury's not dead," Y/N interrupted, stepping out from where she was hiding.

"Y/N," Coulson breathed out. He quickly came over and embraced her. "You're okay. We didn't know about you and-"

"Steve and I are okay. Fury helped sneak me out of the hospital so that I could come here and help you guys."

"So, Fury's not actually dead?"

"Yeah," Eric replied. "HYDRA thinks they killed him, but he managed to survive."

"So you just lied to my team."

"Well, I don't know them. And those are Fury's direct orders. Only a select few people can know that he's alive. Maria Hill, Cap, Y/N, a couple of others, and now you and me."

"Where is he now?"

"No one knows," Y/N answered. "No one's heard from him since he dropped me off at the airport."

"This is highest priority," Eric said. "Full Eclipse protocol. No one else can know."

"I'm not comfortable keeping secrets from my team," Coulson said.

"Well, they haven't been vetted. And if you talk, we're gonna have a major problem."

"Are you threatening me?"

"100%. Fury's orders. Not big on the trust, is he? So we're good."

"We're good."

"Great! I'm gonna get you set up with a lanyard. Uh, maybe ask Agent May to pull the plane in. I've got a parking space for her and everything."

Coulson nodded as Eric walked off. He looked at Y/N for a moment studying her. She had scrapes and bruises from the fights. But he noticed the change in her eyes the most. They were more sad.

"What happened? In DC?" Coulson asked.

"Turns out HYDRA's been inside SHIELD the whole time. And they had a secret weapon for all these years," she answered, tears forming in her eyes. She looked up, trying to keep her emotions in check. "They- He- Bucky's alive."

"What?"

"He's the infamous Winter Soldier. They saved him after the fall." Y/N walked over to the couch in the room and sat down. "I think they brainwashed him or something. He didn't know who Steve and I were... He didn't know who he was..."

"Y/N..." Coulson came and sat beside her. "I'm so sorry."

"Everything I know is a lie. And I feel like my world is exploding. So, please, tell me that our team is safe and that no one is a traitor."

"Agent Garrett was the Clairvoyant."

"Garrett? He-"

"Was behind everything."

"Oh my- where is he now?"

"Ward and Agent Hand were taking him to the Fridge. But now the Fridge is down, who knows where he is. All of our team is save though, and accounted for except for Ward. He's still out there, but Skye's been keeping in touch."

"Good... I'm just glad everyone is safe."

"They'll be excited to see you."

Y/N and Coulson walked into the dinning hall where everyone was waiting. Skye was the first to notice them.

"Y/N?" Skye said, running up. She hugged Y/N tightly. "I'm so glad you're okay." Skye let go, still holding onto Y/N's wrists.

"We watched the helicarriers go down," May stated.

"We were worried you and Cap didn't make it," Tripp expressed.

"It's going to take a lot more than that to keep us down," Y/N joked. "I'm so glad you're all safe."

"May, Agent Koenig says he has a place to park the Bus," Coulson said.

"I'm on it," May responded. "It's nice to have you back, Rogers."

May came up and gently patted Y/N's shoulder. She winced and groaned in pain.

"Are you injured?" Skye asked.

"Just a bullet wound... It reopened on the helicarrier."

"Let me take a look at it," Simmons said.

Y/N took a seat. She grunted as she pulled off the sweatshirt. Everyone let out a small gasp at the sight of the bruise on her neck.

"What happened?" Skye asked.

"Just some HYDRA thug," Y/N excused it. Coulson shot a confused glare her way. "Nothing that won't disappear soon."

Simmons carefully undid the bandages as everyone watched. Simmons clicked her tongue as she saw the damage.

"Did you fight with this wound?" Simmons asked.

"I had to," Y/N answered. "It was an end of the world scenario."

"Tripp, find me a first aid kit."

"On it," Tripp replied.

"It was stitched up," Y/N said. "I just was going head to head with Buc- a HYDRA thug... I helped save millions of lives, I tried to not let a bullet wound stop me."

"Here you go," Tripp said, setting a kit down and opening it. "Looks like there's no needles in here."

"We're going to have to use the Bus once May's back," Simmons said.

"Let's go meet her," Coulson suggested.

The team grabbed all of their things and headed to where May was told to park the bus. Skye kept staring at Y/N as they waited. She could tell that something was off, that something else had happened.

"You're not telling us everything," Skye whispered, standing beside Y/N. "What happened in DC?"

"My past came back," was all Y/N said before she walked away, heading towards the Bus May was currently parking.

Simmons and Tripp stitched Y/N up and rebandaged the wound. Everyone went their separate ways after that. Each trying to figure out how to cope with the loss of everything they knew.

Y/N found her way into her room on the Bus. She closed the door and laid down. She stared at the ceiling as she ran through the events of the last few days in her mind. Y/N knew that Bucky had pulled her and Steve from the river, so he had to have remembered something. Right?

And what about Tony? How was she going to explain everything to him? And what would she explain to him? She didn't know what was going on anymore.

A knock sounded on her door, pulling her from her onslaught of thoughts. Before she could tell the person knocking to come in, the door was being slid open and Skye poked her head in.

"Hey," Skye greeted, a little nervously. "I came by to check on you. You seem-"

"I'm fine," Y/N answered curtly, not moving.

"What really happened in DC?"

Y/N sighed, clenching her eyes shut. "Bucky's alive."

"What?" Skye stepped into the small room and sat on the bed with Y/N. "How?"

"HYDRA. Bucky's been brainwashed, or something... the last seventy years, he's been known as the Winter Soldier. Their personal assassin... he..." Y/N's voice cracked as the tears started. "He didn't know who we were... who I was... I tried, and I think I started helping him. There was some sort of recognition in his eyes. I saw it. And... and I'm pretty sure he's the one who pulled Steve and I from the river."

"That's- that's a lot. I'm so sorry."

"And I don't even know how to begin to tell Tony. Because-"

"You love them both."

Y/N sucked her lips in and nodded. "And I don't know what I'm going to do."

~~~

Skye left a little while later, having gotten notice from Ward that he was arriving at the base. Y/N arrived in the lab some long minutes later to see everyone else there and Simmons patching up Ward. Ward had been telling them what happened.

"I'm afraid this might scar," Simmons stated as she took care of a wound on his face.

"Upside, you'll look badass, dangerous," Skye commented.

"He's gonna be fine, though, right?" Fitz worried, hovering over Ward.

"He will if you back up and give me some room," Simmons said.

"So, what then?" Coulson asked Ward.

"But they time we got to the Fridge, it was too late," Ward continued his story. "It was overrun... HYDRA everywhere. We couldn't stop them."

"What were they after?" May asked.

"Everything. They took weapons, alien artifacts... anything they could grab."

"I assume that means the prisoners are no longer prisoners?" Coulson asked. Ward nodded in reply, causing Coulson to look down.

"So... Ian Quinn..." Skye said.

"I'm sorry," Ward said, looking at Skye. "He's out. They all are."

"And Garrett?" Fitz wondered. "Did he get away?"

"Couldn't stop them from taking the Fridge, but I wasn't gonna let Garrett walk... not after what he did."

"Is he the one that did this to you?" Skye asked.

Ward nodded. "He was a tough son of a bitch."

"Was?" Y/N repeated, causing people to realize she was in the room. "Past tense?"

"As soon as I had the upper hand, I put two in the back of his head."

"Good," Fitz commented.

"One from me..." Ward looked at Tripp. "One from you."

"I would have emptied the mag," Tripp said.

"You're all set," Simmons said. "Well, I mean, as set as you can be with two cracked ribs and a zygomatic fracture."

"For those of you that don't know what that is," Fitz said, "that's a..."

"Hairline fracture to the cheek bone," Tripp and Fitz said at the same time.

"Your body needs time to heal," Simmons told Ward. "Please take some time."

"Understood," Ward replied. "Thanks. Ah. One small victory." Ward helped up a hard drive. "HYDRA didn't get their hands on this."

"A hard drive?" Y/N questioned.

"It's all the research our team's ever done," Skye explained. "Downloaded off the plane and encrypted for safekeeping."

"We should probably back it up now that we're in a secure facility," Ward suggested.

"First, Skye, I need you on threat assessment," Coulson ordered. "Pull up a list of all the inmates at the Fridge. I want to know just how bad this is."

Everyone began to slowly head to the dinning hall in the base, starting to get hungry. Skye left to grab her computer before heading down. It was clear to Y/N that Ward was trying to come at talk to her, but she quickly left the plane before he could.

~~~

Y/N sat alone on the far side dinning hall as everyone watched Skye work.

"This is really, really bad," Skye said. "Quinn is the least scary of the bunch, and he shot me... twice."

"Quinn's more a sociopath," Coulson said. "A lot of those inmates are full-blown psychopaths. Violent, impulsive."

"And some with superpowers. Lovely."

"Is Marcus Daniels on the list?" Skye looked it up before turning the screen to Coulson. "That's him. Cross-check the list of inmates with crime databases, recent activity. Got a feeling we'll be seeing a slight uptick."

"Okay, but that'll take time, and more computing power than my laptop. Agent Koenig probably has some sort of-"

"I'm sure he'll lend a hand." Coulson turned to Ward. "The plane you flew in on, is it operational?"

"Yeah," Ward responded. "You need me to pilot?" He grunted as he stood up.

"You heard Simmons. You stay and get better. I'm gonna take a splinter team out and start going after inmates on that list, starting with Mr. Daniels. I think I know where he's going."

"Uh, you sure it's wise to split up the team, leave this base?" May asked. "What if it's part of HYDRA's plan... a distraction?"

"She's got a point," Y/N commented. "I mean, Fury brought us here for a reason. We're safe here."

"Yeah, we're safe here," Coulson repeated. "But what about everyone else, people who don't happen to have access to a top-secret underground shelter? What about them? I don't know if it's wise, but it's right. I'm taking a team, and that's the end of it."

Coulson walked out, everyone watching him go. May caught Y/N's eye and motioned her to follow her. The two women walked out and went somewhere they could be alone.

"Coulson found out about the mission," May whispered.

"What?" Y/N quietly exclaimed.

"But I made sure that it was all on me. He has no idea about you being involved. I had to keep it that way so that he would still trust one of us."

"That's why he's being cold towards you... makes sense."

"You need to keep a close eye on him. He's spiraling. I'm worried that this is when we'll see the side effects of what's been done to him."

~~~

The team was taken to a darker room, with nothing but a chair and a holotable in it.

"Alright. Just gonna need you guys to answer a few questions, a few psychoanalytic, non sequitur questions," Eric explained.

"A lie detector," Coulson stated.

"The lie detector, Agent Coulson. This baby measure galvanic skin response, oxygen consumption, micro-expressions, biofeedback brain waves, pupil dilation, voice biometrics... 96 variables in all. Fury designed this himself. He wanted a lie detector Romanoff couldn't beat."

"Did she?" Ward asked, seemingly nervous. Y/N studied him for a second. Something was off.

Eric scoffed. "Like Fury would tell!"

"Okay. Sooner we get this done, sooner we can get to work," Coulson said. "So who wants to go first?"

~~~

With SHIELD destroyed and the governments taking over their bases, Tony didn't know where to start looking for Y/N. The cameras had conveniently been turned off at the time she went missing, so there were no clues there.

Both Natasha and Steve had said that the last few days had been extremely hard on her. But that they couldn't understand why she would disappear or who would take her. Nat and Steve had both agreed that Y/N should be the one to tell Tony about Bucky. It was her place to tell him, not theirs. Though they were concerned as to where Y/N might have gone.

Tony had JARVIS scanning anything and everything, looking for Y/N, while Steve and Sam met Fury at a fake grave.

"She's safe," Fury said, without having been asked. "She's with her team, trying to help them clip lose ends."

"You helped her leave," Steve stated. "Why?"

"Because she needed something to keep her mind off what happened and I knew she wasn't going to leave her team behind... Tell Stark you got some intel, that Y/N's alive and with her team."

"He won't be okay with that."

"She's not ready to see him. She's processing what's happened. She'll come around. She always does."

~~~

Luckily, due to Fury, Coulson and Y/N were cleared from having to complete the lie detector test. Coulson decided that Tripp and Fitz-Simmons were going to be the ones going along for the mission. He had decided that Ward and Y/N both needed rest, Skye could use the systems at the base to track others that escaped the Fridge, and he didn't trust May currently.

As they watched the others leave, Y/N began to fill a slight buzzing in the back of her head. It wasn't has bad as those in the past. But it was still there, and it still scared her. So after the four had left and so had May, Y/N went to her room in the base, trying to get some alone time. She was in there when Ward opened the door.

"What do you want?" Y/N asked.

"To talk," he answered, coming in and shutting the door.

"Well I'm really not in the mood right now." She turned around to fold back the blankets on the bed. "So if you could-"

She couldn't say anymore as a gun shot rang out and she began gasping for air. Ward caught her as she fell.

"I really didn't want to do this," he said. To her it was fuzzy. "I'm sorry."

Then her world went black.

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

139K 3.7K 44
(Bucky X Reader) [COMPLETED] y/n Rogers, Steve's younger sister. The two Rogers had always watched each other's back since they were little. The yo...
1M 31.1K 27
(Book one) When Anna Smith enrolled in the army, she was best friends with Bucky Barnes and Steve Rogers. She left them to follow a dream of becoming...
8.8K 250 24
"Love the life you live. Live the life you love." -Bob Marley When Yn Rogers and her brother, Steve Rogers, come out of the ice and are the first rec...
14.9K 331 24
I'm Y/n Rogers, Steve's little sister. Our parents took me in at a young age and I grew up with him. Even if we weren't blood, Steve and I were extre...