π™Έπš—πšπš˜πš‘πš’πšŒπšŠπšπšŽ π™ΌπšŽ

By missred__

BEING REVAMPED It's easier being known as just Valerie Romano, daughter of the most famous nightclub chain ow... More

INTRODUCTION
ONE
THREE

TWO

6.1K 94 31
By missred__

This disgusting excuse of a man, pleading for me to spare his life. Absolutely pathetic.

A coward, he was. Lied in hopes of getting away with it. But rather lied to endure death.

You've come face to face with the devil.

Had he not done what he did, he wouldn't be here. Pleading. Begging.

It was my time to be merciless towards him. He did not deserve my forgiveness.

"I promise you, if you do not own up right this second I will chop off all your fingers at once, and let you bleed a slow and painful death." I hissed quietly, but slowly raising my voice as my anger consumed me.

"I wasn't the spy! I promise you, Alec!" He begged, wiggling in his chair as he tried to free himself from the ropes around his wrists and ankles.

"You don't have the right to address me by my name. And wrong answer." I responded angrily, grabbing the knife that was on the table near me and held the blade against his cheeks, slicing it open, just slightly.

I wanted him to feel the pain.

I smirked as he screamed in pain, clenching his fists from behind. I brought out the table and put it in front of him, placing his hands on it and asked one of my men to hold him still.

"This is for fucking lying to your underboss." I stated, as I held the knife up in the air before bringing it down, chopping his entire hand off.

No fucking remorse.

His screams were so intense that it must of rattled the entire warehouse. His skin was as white as snow. I threw the bloody knife on the floor and stormed out of the basement with my fists curled into tight balls at my sides, refusing to look at the blood on my hands even though this was pure routine for me.

"Clear the body and leave no trace of it. I'm done for the day." I spoke to security, washing my bloody hands in the basin in the hallway before leaving the warehouse.

I ran a firm hand down my unshaven face. It had been too long of a day and my stress levels had sky rocketed through the roof. Why did dad want me to lead this mafia? I was not interested. But I had too, Cora didn't want to—nor did dad allow her to, and Leonardo was too young, I preferred him to follow his dreams rather than having to stand by killing people.

Being the oldest and heir in the mafia world was tough. I didn't regret being apart of this, it was just that leading would take a lot of responsibility. But it wasn't like I would be having a family of my own in the future so it should be fine.

At this stage of my life, my time and energy was being put into the mafia, aiming to reach top one in the assassins rank and spreading my name across the globe. 85% of the world knew who I was but not what exactly I did for a living behind closed doors, away from the public's eyes.

The drive back home from a long day of torturing, filling paperwork and training was quite fulfilling. Having thirty minutes to myself listening to music without anyone barking orders at me or vice versa was all I needed to reset.

I opened the front doors to the house, unlike every other day, the house was quiet. The voices I used to be happy to hear were unheard, and the faces I would of waited the whole day to see were unseen.

Or should I say the voice and the face. Singular.

If I could turn back time, I would take that opportunity to tell mum how much I loved her but that was impossible. I guess the only time I was able to see her were in my nightmares.

"You look like a lost puppy," A feminine voice mocked, leaning against the stair rails. "Want me to give you a map?" She asked, getting under my skin. Already.

I'm considering flying across the globe.

"Shut up, Cora. I've just come back from work and in no mood for your unwanted sarcasm." I growled, sprinting up the stairs, passing Cora, almost pushing her over.

I hated the fact that I snapped at her and I knew my work life would not justify my mood but I really was not bothered to deal with anyone, especially after today's conflicts.

"Fuck sake, Alec, learn to take a joke!" Cora yelled, throwing her hands up in the air.

"Language, sorella." I rolled my eyes and continued my way to my room. I loosened my tie around my neck before deciding to completely take it off and throw it on my bed. I unbuttoned my shirt and threw it in the laundry basket.

After waking up at four in the morning, I finally had the chance to lay down in bed but of course, someone had to ruin that for me.

The door swung open and my little brother, Leonardo, ran in and began to jump on my bed.

"Leo, please get out." I hissed, sitting back up, staring at my brother whose smile was as bright as ever.

His happiness was all I cared for. As long as he and Cora had a smile on their faces. That was all that mattered. Even if it meant I was miserable for the entirety of my life.

"Nope, Cora told me to annoy you so I listened to her because I love her more." Leo insisted with a smile, still jumping on my bed like he did at five years old.

For an eleven year old, he sure had a big mouth.

He better be joking...

I grabbed Leo and tackled him on the bed and began to tickle him. "Is that how it is? Is that how you really feel?" I asked him, still tickling him.

He was laughing so hard that he could barley form a sentence to answer me. He would laugh harder every time he would try and say "yes".

Finally, I stopped tickling him and let him go. "Is dad home?" I asked him, stretching my arms.

"Yeah, he also sent me to tell you he wants you in his office." Leo replied as he fixed his crinkled shirt.

I've got to teach him how to iron his clothes.

I nodded as I put on a fresh shirt and began to make my way to dads office. Once I approached the last door of the hallway down stairs, I walked in and found dad with his reading glasses, rubbing his forehead stressfully.

"You weren't the one that had to kill multiple people and dispose of their bodies today, dad. No need to stress." I said as I rolled my eyes, sitting down on the couch near the bookshelf beside his old wooden desk he refused to get rid of.

I don't know much about styling but I sure as hell know that that desk does not fit the aesthetics of this office.

"You aren't the one filling in paper work to put the hotels in your name." Dad replied sarcastically as he stood up and began pacing around his office. "One day you will—" dad began,

"I will run this mafia and run the chain of hotels, I know," I interrupted him, tilting my head back in frustration. "You remind me everyday."

By the deadly look on dads face, I knew right away he was not amused. "As heir of this mafia it is your duty to become more responsible. Instead of sleeping with multiple girls 24/7, focus on running the one hotel in your name so far." Dad requested, stopping directly in front of me. "When I die, everything—it will all be yours. Get used to the responsibility, my son."

I stood up, my face inches from his. "I am not interested in running the family business nor this mafia." I hissed angrily, but regretting what I had just blurted out.

"You have no choice, son." Dad spoke with power. The type of power I craved and hoped to gain some day.

I felt like a kitten standing next to a lion, despising the
Inferiority. Leaving me to feel weak and vulnerable. These feelings were not what I was used to.

I was used to being in control. Dominance. I got what I wanted because I worked hard for it. Dad didn't spoon feed me to be able to grow in confidence and thrive for the best, no matter the circumstances.

Dad ensured me from the age of ten that if I did not live up to the expectations...the responsibilities that were handed down to me, I would have no part in this association.

Maybe I cared enough to push myself beyond my limits because I wanted nothing but the best for my parents. I wanted nothing but to ensure that when I did take over the mafia that my father would be proud.

I was not used to failure. And I would not fail.

"I've gathered our members here this evening to discuss a mission. Make sure you are present." He spoke again, making his way back to his desk rapidly to write on a piece of paper.

I knew what the mission was about and as much as it was important, I couldn't be fucked to even attend. Time and time again we had been successful is stealing our enemies' weapons and stocks, why should this time be any different?

I let out a harsh sigh and nodded, leaving his office and slamming the door shut behind me. I needed a distraction from all of this, and luckily for me I had a specific person in mind who I could take out all my frustration on.

I reached for my phone in the back pocket of my jeans and dialled her number. She picked up within a second, knowing exactly what I want of her and answered saying, "On the way."

I grunted and hung up the phone as I walked up the stairs to the guest bedroom, where I usually meet the girls.

I hadn't called her since last month. I haven't had the time. I didn't quite enjoy her company either but she got the job done.

Within ten minutes, Athena entered the room and walked towards me. A smirk grew on my face as I took a seat on the single sofa and leaned back, spreading my arms across the top of the backrest.

She greeted me with a wet kiss on my lips before she kneeled on both knees in front of me and began to unbuckle the belt and unzip my suit pants.

I grabbed a fistful of her blonde hair and tugged at it as I adjusted myself to sit more comfortably, but all that was interrupted when Cora stormed into the room.

Today is not my day.

"You're late for the meeting!" She burst in, wandering around the room, still not realising what she had just walked in on.

Thank God.

Athena immediately stood up and bolted out the door as I buckled my pants up again, losing my patience with Cora.

"Cora, get out of the room!" I yelled at her, pointing my finger at the door.

"It's not your room, therefore I can leave whenever I want to." She responded sassily, placing her hands on her hips. Her attitude was just like mums, well, according to dad. Cora was too stubborn for my liking.

"It's literally the guest bedroom..." She looked at me with annoyance and rolled her eyes. "Meeting room now, stronzo." She skipped out of the room and disappeared around the corner.

This family makes me want to murder people sometimes.

I left the room and made my way to the meeting room. So far everyone was there, including dad of course. He was always the first one to show up. The mafia was his life. Through blood, sweat and tears, he made this mafia.

"Now that my son has finally decided to join us, we can get started." He began, giving off a cheeky grin. Oh, so now he wants to joke around.

"Tonight we have one of our rivals, The Lions, at the docks collecting shipments of illegal weapons. They believe that we won't be there, however what they don't know is that we will be there, ready to attack."

Dad believed that this mafia was involved in the disappearance and murder of my mother. Their leader, Ricardo Romano, was the one that killed her. However, we didn't know anything of him nor his family. He was a private man. We only knew he had two children.

Age? Unknown. Gender? Unknown. Where they lived? Unknown.

He maintained a low and hidden profile for many years until recently, slowly expanding his undercover operations as well as opening more and more nightclubs to make known in the public eye.

It was time I got my revenge. I wanted him dead.

"Are we all ready?" Dad said powerfully, folding his arms. His eyes scanned the room but never seemed to stop once on me.

"Yes, boss." Everyone responded. I remained quiet, staring into thin air.

"Good. Prepare the cars and the guns." Dad ordered.

Everyone nodded and made their way out of the room, including me. I didn't want to stay in there any longer, I'd already had enough "fun" for the day. I went out to the balcony to have a cigarette or two when Connor and Miles came out, disturbing my peace and quiet.

"He looks like a depressed thirteen year old boy." Connor joked, speaking to Miles as if I wasn't in the same space as them.

"I think it's because he hasn't gotten laid in a while." Miles replied, smirking.

I shot them both a glare, biting the inside of my cheek. "You're right, I haven't and I think it's time I should." I stated, exasperated, taking a long drag of my cigarette.

Connor and Miles snickered at my comment.

I was being sarcastic, of course.

That also explains why you called Athena, Alec.

Good God.

"We're gonna go to the club after this mission tonight, one hundred percent." Connor said happily. His favourite place. I didn't know how that man pulled the ladies with his stupidness sometimes.

I knew that he wanted to get laid too. I was keen on doing anything but I wasn't bothered. To go out and spend a night at a nightclub these days wasn't as appealing anymore. Sleeping sounded like the better option for a while now.

"We should get going, your dad wouldn't want you to be late." Miles said, as he lit up a cigarette.

I nodded and we made our way to the warehouse.

ೃ⁀➷

As soon as we arrived at the warehouse, the cars were prepared. I brought my black clothes to change into before we leave.

As I walked out of the bathroom, Cora came out of nowhere. "What the fuck are you going here?!" I yelled angrily, clenching my fists.

"Fucking hell, Alec! I'm still allowed to go on missions with you." She said, placing her hands on her hips.

"No, you're not allowed! What if you get hurt?" I grabbed her arm and dragged her to find dad. She was most definitely not allowed. She was only seventeen, still young and was not properly trained for missions.

As soon as she turned eighteen she could make her own decisions but for now, I wanted to protect her for as long as I could.

Her fate would not be the same as our mothers.

"With everything that has been going on, especially since mums death, you are not allowed to join us on these missions, Cora." I hissed, unintentionally tightening my grip around her arm.

"You need to stop controlling my life! I can do whatever I want!" She yelled, releasing herself from my grip. We stayed like this for a few moments, intensely holding each others gaze before dad found us.

"Cora! Did I say you're able to come?" He questioned angrily, looking between Cora and me, noticing the normal 'sibling intensity'.

Cora tilted her head to the ground and began to fidget with her fingers. "..no."

I knew it.

Dad sighed harshly as he rubbed his head stressfully. "We will be going now, Alec. As for you, Cora, I'll let Theo know to take you home immediately."

Cora scoffed as she stormed off towards the other direction while I followed dad to the main room.
"Get into the cars and drive off to the docks, we will be there fifteen minutes before The Lions." Dad spoke aloud.

Everyone listened and began to get into the cars. Connor and Miles came with me, of course. Connor was talking about girls the whole ride, it pissed me off because I wasn't in the right headspace for that right now. "Conner, will you shut up for one minute." I hissed, clenching the steering wheel tightly.

"Fuck off, grumpy pants." Connor murmured under his breath, thinking I wouldn't hear him.

I looked in the rear view mirror, meeting his gaze and rolled my eyes.

Miles chuckled loudly. Connor slapped the back of Miles' head and slouched in his seat. They acted like five year olds.

Finally, we arrived and moved into our positions, our guns ready to go and ready for the ambush.
After about ten minutes, they arrived. There was about seven vans lined up perfectly next to each other as their members hopped out and went straight to collect their shipments.

I turned towards dad, who hadn't signalled for us to do anything yet so I decided to wander further towards the shipments to get a closer look.

There was a tall, muscular male, he had a black balaclava over his head which made it impossible to see his facial features. He collected the boxes and took them to the vans, where three other members where, possibly looking out for anything. Two were females but one was completely hopeless and looked distracted.

Bingo.

I signalled to Conner who was roughly ten metres away from me that there was one male and two females at lookout.

He nodded and continued his patrol.

I observed a little more when all I heard was a gun shot. Dad's signal. Our crew surprised them, fighting again them. This place would turn into a bloodbath by the end of the night.

I saw one of their members, one female, that was on lookout, ran towards us but she took a turn, so I decided to follow her.

I could be quiet when it came to following someone. I reached a dead end. It was dark except for a tiny spot opposite of me. I stood in my spot, looking around for where the female was, but I didn't have to wonder for long, because she was now in front of me.

She, too, was wearing a black balaclava, but her ebony black hair was peaking out from the bottom. She hadn't worn it properly. But what most stood out to me was her bright navy eyes. They corresponded perfectly with the stars in the night sky.

"Who are you and what are you doing here?!" She questioned, raising her voice, pointing her gun at me.

"I should be asking you the same thing." I hissed at her, as I walked closer to her but still remaining in the darkness.

"Come into the light!" She demanded. I still remained in my position.

"Come. Into. The light." She enunciated slowly.

Again, I didn't move.

"Oh, for fucks sake! Why is every male so difficult!" She pointed the gun at my leg and pulled the trigger, making me buckle.

"Fuck!" I groaned angrily.

I heard a light chuckle as she ran away.

Fuck! I groaned as I felt the pressure in my leg. How did I get distracted by a girl? Why didn't I have my gun ready to go? I was fuming. It happened so quick.

I looked down at my leg to see that blood was now dripping down. I reached for my phone and called Miles to come to me.

I walked a little but almost collapsed to the ground. Fuck this shit. The bullet hit a nerve. I walked a tiny bit further before Miles arrived with Connor. I held onto both their shoulders and we walked over to the car.

The crew had left so it was just us three. I'd always leave a first aid kit in the car in case of emergencies so Connor got it for me and I pulled out the tweezers and carefully pulled out the bullet.

Miles helped me disinfect the wound and stitched me up. His 'doctor hands' worked wonders at times but the stitching killed my fucking life.

ೃ⁀➷

After arriving home, Connor and Miles left. But I quickly explained to them what had happened and, of course, they laughed because I let myself get distracted by a woman.

I wasn't planning on telling dad, but he would of obviously noticed from my limping. Regardless, Connor would of told him either way.

I went upstairs to check up on Leo. It was almost midnight and he was still playing on his Xbox. "You know it's past your bedtime, right?" I said, walking up to him.

"I was waiting for you to tell me stories of mum." He yawned. Leo didn't have much memories with mum that he could remember. Being a nine year old child that lost their mother tragically was not easy for him.

After two years since her death you would believe that the crying stopped. You would believe that the constant nightmares would of stopped. But no. They didn't.

Every night I would hear Leo wailing for our mother, begging her to tuck him into bed like she used to. That was why I had to take initiative and step in for my mother who was no longer with us.

Dad would sometimes tuck him in and tell him stories, but only on rare occasions. My fathers memories of my mother tore him to pieces. His love for my mother was like no other. Pure love.

They said a mafia Don couldn't love and that the men only married for the sake of an heir. It wasn't the case for my father. He couldn't live without her and the night he found my mother's cold, dead body was the night his loveable heart stopped beating.

I thanked God everyday that he didn't go off the rails. The love he had for his wife and children gave him the strength to stay with us.

"Maybe another day, champ." I replied quietly, tucking him into bed.

He nodded and hid himself under his covers. I chuckled lightly before closing my eyes for just a moment.

I'll do anything to make sure you live a happy life, Leonardo.

After five minutes I decided to leave his room to go to mine. I hopped into the shower and stayed to reflect on everything that had gone wrong in my life. I realised now how much of a bad idea that was.

My mind was crowded with thoughts and they were getting the best of me which I strongly disliked. Me and 'feelings' didn't mix and I didn't intend on letting it happen...ever.

Once I finished my shower I wore my boxers and collapsed on the bed tucking myself in, thinking about how mum used to sit beside me and stroke my hair at a young age, waiting for me to fall asleep but my mind drifted away from mum and to the girl I had seen at the docks.

Every time I close my eyes I see her navy blue eyes, shining like they had stars in them. Then, a feeling washed over me. Realisation. This girl was a rival, if I ever ran into her again I needed to gather information on her. Who she was and how long she had been working for The Lions.

Chances, however, were slim.

ೃ⁀➷

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 119 71
Elle Da Silva, a beautiful young 16 year old girl who goes back to school after the new years but has to deal with her enemy.. Enzo Gallo, a handsome...
385K 5.1K 18
~ A Mafia Romance ~ ISABELLA - A sweet but dangerous girl, daughter of the Spanish Mafia leader. Treated as nothing but a princess, she dreams of bec...
3.4M 142K 60
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally ❣️ Cover credit...
1.7M 112K 200
**Story is gonna be slow paced. Read only if you have patience. πŸ”₯** Isha Sharma married a driver whom she had just met. She was taking a huge risk...