The Silence of a Somber Day

By EmmaSmoke

He isn't a villain, obviously. He isn't a vigilante, legally. He isn't a hero, personally. He isn't a civil... More

Storm In The Making
Clouds on the Horizon - Philza Interlude
Prevailing Winds
When It Rains, It Pours
Rising Waters
Tsunami
The Dam Is Breaking
Accrual Raindrops
Floods
Damage Control
Falling Like Raindrops
Sleet
Clear Skies
Frozen Rain - Niki Interlude
Dew
It Was Raining Yesterday
Rain On An Old Tin Roof
El Nino
Higher Than The Clouds
The Flaming Sun
Acid Rain
Mist - Scylla Interlude
Roll Cloud
Raining Gasoline
Current
Cyclone
Fog
Rain Lullibies
The Thunder Rolls
Hurricane
Calm Before the Storm
The Storm
Whispers In the Rain part 1
Whispers in the Rain Part 2
I'm a Terrible Person
Lightning Before The Thunder
Nacreous Clouds
Hail
Shenlong
Calm Waters
St. Elmo's Fire
Southern Winds
Typhoon
Dandelions in the Breeze
Red Skies At Night
Corrupted Chapter: Pet Project
Crimson Lightning
Mother Nature
Hell Storm
Tempest
Heads Up!
Concept/Fan Art

Shapes of the Clouds

1.6K 125 195
By EmmaSmoke

Tempest sat at the table eating some FutureMan french fries in the Twitch Cafe. He had pushed his mask up enough to where his identity was still hidden, but he could put some food in his mouth. He took a long sip of his cola before looking at the red haired boy who wanted to be Royal's sidekick.

"Royal told me that you were his new sidekick. He asked that I give you some advice. My question to you is: do you want practical and technical advice, or more of the mushy kind? Do you want me to make you a better fighter or feel better at night? I can do both cause I'm a Big Man, but we should settle for what you want," Tempest said as the silence stretched. They had been sitting there for at least ten minutes with neither talking. Tempest had finally had enough.

Fundy seemed at a loss for words, but he snapped back into reality at the words. "Practical. I- I want to be a good sidekick for Royal. All I've heard from people is that you are the best of the best."

"I'm a loyal dog. Nothing more or less," Tempest replied. It would have been modest if it didn't sound so self disregarding. Tempest leaned back as he tapped his hands against the table. "Remember to train in all areas. Be at least ordinary at everything. Be versatile for any situation. You should have more than one skill that you are incredibly good at. Take everything that you show even an ounce of talent in, and absolutely fucking run with it."

"What skills do you think are the most important?" Fundy asked with enraptured attention. His curiosity about Tempest never faded from their first interaction. Even more, Fundy had been worried whenever XD said that Tempest would be doing a special mission for a little while. Fundy had been twice as worried when he learned of what Dream was doing.

"Academics. Stuff like math and reading- while incredibly boring- can help in a lot of situations. Psychology couldn't hurt if you think you're up for it. To understand and manipulate an enemy is the easiest way of taking them down if you aren't strong, fast, or agile," Tempest explained. "Above all, physical aptitude. Most villains can't be reasoned with. They either have a compelling motive, a personal vendetta, or have gone berserk. You need to keep up with them."

Fundy nodded as he tried thinking of what he knew, and what he could improve on. Tempest gave him a minute before continuing. "Another thing, while you should never, ever rely on your powers alone, it would be best to push them to their absolute limit. Make yourself as powerful as you can be."

"What if you can't? What if I do all that, and I'm as weak as I am now?" Fundy asked. He didn't consider himself all that weak, but Fundy knew that he would he defeated easily by the likes of many heroes. Tempest right now could send Fundy to Spawn before he could blink.

"Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak," Tempest quoted softly. Fundy's eyes shot up. He heard that phrase before. It was from that book Techno liked... what was it... Tempest gave a wry smile as he answered Fundy's unasked question. "The Art of War."

"That was it!" Fundy said. That was Techno's favorite book, and he read it during his free time to the point he could probably quote the book word for word. Fundy had picked up a few paraphrases here and there, but it seemed Tempest knew some of it.

"Speaking of the Art of War, another piece of advice is to use your brain. To strategize and think is a gift greater than we can imagine," Tempest explained as he tapped once against Fundy's forehead. Tempest slid from the booth, dropping a five dollar bill on the table. Tempest gazed down at Fundy for one last second. The fox hybrid held his breath as he felt Tempest's eyes peer into him.

Tempest leaned down before whispering something softly, staring Fundy straight in the eyes as he did it. Fundy's face went pale as paper as he watched Tempest pull his mask back into place, leaving the establishment. Fundy nearly choked on his spit as he tried to control his breathing. There was absolutely no way in hell.

——

Tommy sat on the floor in front of his TV, flipping through the channels for something good. Tempest didn't get the appeal of televisions until he found some comedy channel. Watching people crack jokes or make fools of themselves made Tommy crack up with laughter. Several times he had to calm himself because Jack was in the back bedroom, resting while his body recovered from the influence of the Egg.

There was a knock on Tommy's door. He looked over it, wondering who it could have been. Puffy or Niki would have messaged Tommy that they were coming over, and Wilbur would have walked right in. Tommy paused the TV as he walked towards the door. Opening it, Tommy was met with the face if a girl. She had reddish brown hair that framed her face, and large green eyes that stared at him with recognition. She wore a light pink sweater with a dark magenta skirt and leggings tucked into white boots. She wore a flower crown made of roses.

"Tommy Innit? I'm Hannah Rose. I need your help," The girl said with a hesitant smile. She looked around her before leaning in to whisper, "I know you're Tempest."

Tommy grabbed Hannah's arm, dragging her inside with a lot more force than necessary. He shut the door louder than he intended as he demanded answers from Hannah, "How the hell did you know that? Who the fuck are you?"

"Hold on!" Hannah said as she ripped her arm away. She took in a deep breath before pulling up the sleeve of her sweater. Red vines were growing across the skin, some sinking in the skin before popping back out. There were even leaves and a few black thorns that drew blood. Hannah refused to look at her arm, but Tommy was caught staring. "I need your help."

"Why'd you come find me to chop your arm off? Any homeless man would do it," Tommy rolled his eyes at the statement. "Speaking of, how the hell did you find me and my identity?"

"You wouldn't remember, but a long time ago, you and Dream saved a group of hybrids from a facility where they were experimented on. I was one of those kids. You've been my hero ever since. You've inspired me to become a heroine myself," Hannah gave Tommy her origin story. "Recently, however, this has started growing on my arm. I can't get rid of it, no matter what I try. I'm sick of its whispers in my head. I decided I would need to seek your help again."

"I'm flattered," Tommy said. "But... why come to me? There are so many heroes out there that are much, much easier to find."

"If I'm being honest, I think the Egg pushed me to do it. I wanted to see if you could help me at first because you're my hero, but the Egg has been pushing me to find you. It convinced me to sneak into Unfound's house to steal this hard drive that explains things about you," Hannah said as she pulled out a small, silver box from her pocket.

"And I should help a felon because...?" Tommy said as he took the hard drive into his own hands. He twirled it around between his fingers, knowing the symbol of Unfound the hero all too well.

"What do you think of this, Toms?"

"Anythings good if Gogy does it!"

"If this Egg continues to grow on me, theft and breaking and entering will be the least of my crimes. The Egg wants you, Tommy. Why or what for, I don't know," Hannah said. "Please, help me."

Tommy looked away. He had a pretty good idea on why the Egg wanted him, but he was working on the what for. Maybe helping Hannah would give him some leads. "Alright. I'll help. What can I do?"

"There is an experimental drug referred to as Holy Water that is said to burn away the Egg permanently. If you can steal some from the Holy Lands Laboratory, I'll be able to exterminate the Egg from my system," Hannah explained. That laboratory is where Tempest first met the Syndicate, Tommy thought with a grimace. It hurt him to think of how long ago that was.

"I can steal the drug. No problem. But if it's experimental, how do we know it won't kill you?" Tommy asked with an eye raise.

Hannah sighed, "We don't. I'd rather die than be someone's puppet, though. If you can get the drug, I'll worry about my life."

"Whatever you say," Tommy rolled his eyes as he brought out his communicator. He sent two messages. One was to Niki, asking if she and Puffy would babysit Jack and some girl he found. The second was to Tubbo, asking if Insect Infant and Ender kid wanted to break into a lab with him.

——

Next chapter in a nutshell:
Tempest, Enderman, and Yellowjacket steal drugs
And Then There's These Three:

Also! I have a new story: We Have A Problem (title and cover pending) that you should all check out!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.2K 689 30
Sequel to Nothing is forever. Tommy is an intern for heros who see him as a part of the family. Icarus is a vigilante who, along with his team mates...
7.3K 186 41
❗️marked mature for violence❗️ Running along roof tops, avoiding the hero trilogy and beating the shit out of some bad guys? Tommy Theseus Innit was...
138K 4.8K 65
Tommy is a vigilante known as BigInnit, the powerless hero. What happens when people find out about his powers, and he has to get a job for the heroe...
3.1K 215 12
Tubbo is a vigilante known as Apis, has been for the last three months. And now, under the guise of being a human, has finally gotten a job to help h...