The Other Fairy

Per xxMissGallifrey

Bloom was a changeling taken from her family but what if she wasn't the only fairy to be taken. Rosalind took... Més

Prologue
Ch. 1
Ch. 2
Ch. 3
Ch. 4
Ch. 5
Ch. 6
Ch. 7
Ch. 8
Ch. 9
Ch. 10
Ch. 11
Ch. 12
Ch. 13
Ch. 14
Ch. 15
Ch. 16
Ch. 17
Ch. 18
Ch. 19
Ch. 21
Ch. 22
Ch. 23
Ch. 24
Ch. 25
Ch. 26
Ch. 27
Ch. 28
Ch. 29
Ch. 30
Ch. 31
Ch. 32
Ch. 33

Ch. 20

1.6K 31 0
Per xxMissGallifrey

I stepped into the suite heading to take a shower. The water ran across my body as my irritation continued to pulse inside me. I knew I was harsh to my friends but I couldn't stop myself hearing my old name and them prying into what happened with Saul. I had barely processed it and they wanted me to talk about it. I wasn't ready to talk to them about it.

I stood under the shower head letting the small drops hit me until the water was cold and I was shivering. I then decided to get out and pulled on pajamas. I winced as the top brushed my stomach sending a brief flash of pain reminding me I was healed yet. I sat on my bed after I had changed and grabbed a random book to read. I was surprised to discover it was one of the Harry Potter books. I smiled as I immersed my attention fully in the book of magic and wonder. I spent hours reading the book until I heard the suite door open.

I took a deep breath before placing the book down. I needed to apologize for being as rude as I was. I got up walking into the common room finding Bloom and Aisha. I saw regret and guilt in Bloom's eyes despite doing nothing wrong.

"Look, Bloom I'm really sorry for how I reacted in the cafeteria. I was upset about everything and I took it out on you. It wasn't fair of me to do that," I said firmly as Bloom's eyes widened in shock. "It wasn't your fault and you weren't at fault at all. You didn't know I prefer to be called Brielle and you also didn't know I wasn't ready to talk about what happened with me and Saul."

"We are worried about you Brielle," Aisha chimed in as Bloom nodded. "What I saw in the cafeteria isn't you."

"I know it's just," I trailed off not knowing how to explain my emotions at the moment. I was happy and sad, scared and yet not all at the same time. My emotions were going a million miles and I wasn't really handling them well.

"Hey, I get it. A lot has changed in the past few days," Bloom said and I gave her a thankful smile. "I know you are probably overwhelmed but we will help you as best we can."

"Bloom is right Brielle. You are our friend and friends stick together no matter what," Aisha said as I walked over pulling them into a group hug.

"Thank you guys," I said before pulling away.

"Okay, now that we've cleared the air I'm going to tell Musa it's emotional safe to come back," Bloom said pulling her phone out to text her.

"So, you don't want to talk about everything what sort of distraction would you like?" Aisha asked as I sat on the couch.

"Anything please," I begged grabbing Aisha's arm pleading with her.

"Well Bloom and Sky finally went official," Aisha said as my blue eyes snapped over to the fire fairy who's cheeks tinted pink.

"Wow!" I said bluntly. "I didn't think you would ever go official. I mean you guys were sorta a thing even before I got here and yet you both weren't technically dating."

"Sky was very patient waiting for Bloom," Aisha said as Bloom sat on the couch next to Aisha.

"That's really sweet he wanted to make sure you were ready," I said grinning at her.

"Yeah, I just wasn't sure if I wanted to start dating after barely starting here at Alfea plus the whole Rosalind issue kept getting in the way," Bloom said as I nodded. I bet Rosalind and Andreas purposely got between Bloom and Sky as much as possible. Sky is the best fighter we have and Bloom is strong so Rosalind wouldn't want them together until they were fully under her control.

"So when is the first real date?" I asked her as she stiffened giving me a panicked look.

"I don't know and I definitely don't know what to wear," Bloom stated as I bit my lip holding back a laugh at her panicked expression.

"As awkward as it may be I'd ask Stella. She has a ton of stuff you could wear," I suggested as Bloom sighed.

"I hope he doesn't ask me to go soon," Bloom said as I laughed lightly at her annoyed face. I glanced outside to see it was dark out a figured I should try and actually sleep at a normal time.

"I'm going to bed. Gotta fix my sleep schedule sometime," I said getting up and heading into my room. I curled up in the bed letting myself drift off to sleep.

I stood in my mother's office while she read through my file Rosalind wrote when my father burst into the room flanked by Rosalind and Andreas. I faced them in confusion as he glared at me.

"Farah she is worthless. She can't even use another element and she certainly isn't our child," he spat as Rosalind strode forward stopping in front of me. Her hand caressed my cheek as her blue eyes stared into mine.

"Even your father hates you. You are such a disappointment," she spat her hand drifting down my cheek to grip my neck tightly. I gasped as she made me face my mother. "You couldn't save her. You can't save anyone." Tears raced down my face as I struggled against Rosalind's hold. I could only watch as Andreas stabbed my mother.

"Mom!" I cried out trying to conjure up my magic but I couldn't feel it. Andreas smirked viciously as he approached me.

"You are weak," Andreas whispered in my ear seconds before a sharp pain filled my abdomen. I glanced down to see the same blade he stabbed my mother with sticking out of me. I fell to the floor blood pooling beneath me as Rosalind, my father and Andreas looked down at me as I bled all over the floor.

"You aren't my child," my father growled before exiting the office.

"You are pathetic," Andreas said simply before following my father leaving me with Rosalind.

"If only you listened," she said her fingertips gliding across my cheekbone delicately.

I woke with a scream and was drenched in sweat. I breathed heavily as my heart pounded in my chest aggressively.

"Brielle," Bloom said with worry as she entered my room. "It was just a dream." Bloom said sitting on the bed beside me taking my hand gently. I didn't respond as the dream echoed in my mind. "Do you want to talk about it?" Bloom asked and I could see the fatigue in her face.

"No," I said not wanting the burden her as I pushed the covers off getting to my feet. "I'm fine Bloom you can go back to bed." I said firmly as I glanced at the clock. It was 3 am and I knew I couldn't go back to sleep tonight.

"Brielle are you sure?" She asked as I nodded firmly.

"I'm just going to take a walk to calm down," I said softly as I slipped on some shoes that didn't really go with my pajamas but I didn't really care at the moment. I grabbed my black jacket to cover my arms before making my way quietly through the suite and out into the hallway. Bloom watched me warily but let me go without following me. I walked through the silent hallways before stepping out into the cool night air sitting on the steps. I shut my eyes focusing on the feeling of the air touching my face. The longer I sat there the less the dream seemed to affect me.

I opened my eyes after a few minutes before getting to my feet. I turned to head back inside only to run into Saul. I froze in place as his blue eyes looked at me. There wasn't any warmth or concern in them more like frustration at seeing me.

"You shouldn't be out of bed," he stated coldly.

"Yeah well you shouldn't have spoken about me the way you did with Sky," I spat back at him. His blue eyes hardened at my comment.

"I don't believe you are my daughter. My daughter died and it's a cruel thing that you and Rosalind are doing," he said as anger flashed through me. It took all my strength to hold my magic back.

"And it's a cruel thing you are doing to me," I managed to get out without yelling. "All I wanted was a family and I could have one but you won't accept me." When he didn't say anything I scoffed at him. "Have a nice life." And with that I pushed passed him entering the school. My magic crackled around me and I knew I couldn't go back to the suite because I would most likely wake everyone up.

I stopped leaning against the wall as my eyes shimmered with my magic. I gasped as the light beside me flickered as my magic shook violently inside me. I hated how out of control my magic was when I was angry. Any other emotion and I could hold the power at bay but for whatever reason anger was something that I felt so intensely the power would ooze out of me. I knew I needed help but I didn't want to wake my mother for this. I asked so much of my mother and with each added problem I felt guilty for needing her so I went to the only other person I could think of, Mr. Harvey. I ran through the school knocking on his door. I heard a groan before the door opened.

"I'm sorry," I started my eyes flashing between white and blue. "I can't control it and I didn't want to wake my mom," I rambled as he quickly moved to let me in the room.

"Okay um, tell me what happened?" He asked clearly not sure how to deal with my magic as it spiraled around me.

"I need you to distract me," I instructed him firmly knowing that focusing on the anger would make it worse.

"Sorry, I'm not really good with mind fairies. I could barely help Farah and that was only because she was my best friend," he said in panic as frustration flowed into my anger and a burst of magic rushed out sending a bunch of his books to the floor.

"I'm sorry," I said quickly as I tried to recall my power to me.

"Ben, is everything okay in there?" My mother's voice called out urgently. He glanced at me before he opened the door pulling her inside. She saw me and then her eyes drifted to the bookshelf which was broken. "Okay, Brielle. I want you to focus your power on me. I'm calm I promise just listen to my thoughts and emotions. You won't hurt me."

I took a shaky breath beginning to feel tired from using so much energy holding back my power. I shut my eyes as my magic floated to my mother. Her warmth welcomed my magic as my anger started to fade away. I could see flashed of my past in her mind from when I was a baby. A smile found it's way across my face as I watched her memories of me and felt how happy I had made her. I opened my eyes disconnecting from her as she gave me a smile.

"Nice work Brielle," she praised as Mr. Harvey sighed glancing at his shelf. Embarrassment and guilt flowed through me as I looked at the mess I made.

"Mr. Harvey, I'm really sorry I didn't mean to," I started as he looked at me waving me off.

"It was bound to happen sometime. Farah did similar when we were in school," he said moving to pick up his books as I walked over to my mother.

"Are you okay now?" She asked me as I frowned. A burst of that anger bubbled up but I felt like I could control my magic this time.

"I," I trailed off not quite sure how to explain what happened with Saul and my dream. "It's really hard to explain." I sighed frustration filling my voice.

"Let's go to my office and you can start slow that way we don't keep Ben up any longer," my mother said softly as I let her lead me away from Mr. Harvey and the destruction I had caused.

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

293K 7.9K 19
"𝙰𝚛𝚎𝚗'𝚝 𝚊𝚒𝚛 𝚏𝚊𝚒𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚜 𝚜𝚞𝚙𝚙𝚘𝚜𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚢 𝚘𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚒𝚛 𝚏𝚎𝚎𝚝?" "𝙷𝚞𝚑. 𝙸 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚜𝚊𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚎...
3.6K 120 43
Increasingly haunted by her past and supported by Saul, Farah, who has experienced the unspeakable and holds a terrible secret, decides to reveal the...
66.4K 1K 21
Aundrey Hayden, a powerful fairy without control. Her element is supposed to be fire but what happens when she can't control it? What happens when th...
170K 3.2K 61
「 riven x f!oc 」 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇, faye silva starts her first year at alfea college training to be a specialist. she finds herself becoming close w...