Bloody hands

By AnaDWinter

After a long trip in Europe, (Y/n) returns to her hometown. The place hasn't changed nor did the house in whi... More

Prologue
1- Sign of the Time
2- Meet me in the Hallway
3- We haven't spoken in years
4- Lovely
5- The Kids aren't alright
6- One Call Away
7- Lucky Strike
8- Strawberry Cupcake
9- Girls
10- Cold Water
A/N : Yuu and Ken's playlists
11- Talk too much
12- Can't Stop
A/N : Characters playlists
13- Intertwined
14- As it was
15- Midnight City
A/N : Characters aesthetic boards
16- Holy Lover
17- Woman
18- Lemon Boy
19- Almost Sweet
A/N : Poll For The Book
20- Sweet tooth
21- House of Cards
22- Should have known better
23- A cup of coffee for the soul
24- Drop the Guillotine
26- Nothing really matters
27- Me and your Girlfriend
28- Heartbeats
29- Loving is easy
30- Not Ok
31- Love on the Brain
32- Stereo
33- Sedated
34- The Only thing
35- Side Effects
36- Sweet Tooth
37- Number One
38- Hour Glass
39- Ride or Die
40- Safe and Sound
41- Lost on you
42- Spiralling
43- I want to know what love is
44- History of Violence
A/N
45- SOUR
A/N : I'm back !
46- favourite crime
A/N : Happy New Year and a surprise

25- Overthinking

1.1K 62 4
By AnaDWinter

After her brother had departed, (Y/n) had profusely apologised to Mia for putting her in such a situation. After all if the (h/c) haired female hadn't made their relationship a secret this wouldn't have happened. 

She couldn't even imagine how the green haired girl had felt in this moment, so out of place, so- And (Y/n) only knew how scary Yuu could be. He had already sent a few of her admirers running for the hills in the past... She just hoped Mia wouldn't do the same. 

"(Y/n), look at me." The green haired girl's soft palms on her cheeks brought (Y/n) back to reality as her brown eyes bored into hers, steady and calm. Reassuring. "It's fine. I'm okay. How are you though ?"

The (h/c) haired female averted her gaze to the ground, a shaky sigh falling from her lips. She would be lying if she said she was totally fine with what had just unfolded. "Well... This is not how I had imagined things." She voiced quietly, frowning. "But what's done is done. Positive thing is this is a weight off my chest..." 

She had to see the bright side of this. Now that her brother knew she wouldn't have to make any complicated stratagem to tell her family. Now, she just had to worry about their reaction. Well from what she had seen Yuu hadn't taken the news so badly. But maybe he had just been too shocked to properly react  back then. 

Mia offered her a comforting smile, placing a gentle kiss on her forehead. "It'll be fine. I'm sure of it. Your brother seemed fine with it, although a bit surprised." Apparently they had thought of the same thing. (Y/n) couldn't help but chuckle at the coincidence. 

"Maybe you should go see your friend now." The green haired female suggested softly. She didn't want to come between this boy and (Y/n)'s friendship. The two of them had been friends for the longest time and Mia would hate herself if she were to be the cause of a conflict between the two. 

A heavy sigh left the other female's lips as she nodded. Mia was right, she had to go and see him, make things right. In spite of all the self reassurances she had uttered to herself previously, breaking their daily ritual of having lunch together without informing him hadn't been a smart or kind move. She knew it. 

She got up to her feet, brushing off her clothes before sending a tiny smile to her girlfriend. "You're right." 

If luck was on her side, Takao would still be at their usual lunch break spot and thus she wouldn't have to search him all throughout the school grounds. Of course if she had to she'd do it, but she hoped to clear things up with him as soon as possible. 

She took a moment to catch her breath after ascending the stairs to the rooftop, eyes scanning the area for any sign of her friend. Fortunately enough, a familiar brown haired figure sat a few feet away from her, a visible scowl etched on his tense features. He didn't spare a look her way. Her heart clenched in her chest, the consequences of her actions hitting  her like a truck.

"Hey..." She greeted, reluctantly walking over to him and sitting beside him on the ground. She scratched the back of her head and sent him an uneasy smile. Guilt washed over her at the sight of dried tears on his cheeks. 

"I-I'm really sorry... I should have-"

"Told me that you wouldn't be here ?" He spat, finally turning to look at her. "Yes you should have." He exhaled a shaky breath, running a hand through his matted brown strands of hair. His emerald eyes locked with her (e/c) ones, full of (Y/n) could only identify as anger. 

"Do you know how worried I was when I came here and you weren't there ? Do you know how lonely I felt when after 30 minutes you still weren't here ?" He continued, eyes moist with new tears, heart squeezing in his chest. 

The girl averted her eyes to the ground, she couldn't look at him right now. Not when she knew he was right to be angry, that it was her fault. She hated knowing she was the cause of his turmoil, she hated the thought of hurting him. Even if a small part of her found his reaction a bit dramatic.

"Where were you ?" He asked, voice breaking at the end. "I was worried sick !" He buried his head in his knees, holding them to his chest. 

(Y/n) bit the inside of her cheek, hesitantly bringing a hand to his shoulder. "I'm really really sorry, Taka." She gently said, wrapping her arms around him in a comfortable embrace and resting her head on his. "I thought of telling you but for some reason didn't. I should have." 

He nuzzled in the warmth of her arms, finding the slightest bit of comfort in her presence. "What-What if something had happened to you and-and I wasn't there to-to protect you ?" He choked out, voice muffled by his knees. 

He couldn't bear the thought of anything happening to her, of her getting hurt. He wouldn't lose someone else. Not if he could protect them. And he would definitely protect his future wife. 

"Hey, Taka chill. We're at school. What could possibly happen ?" (Y/n) frowned, shaking his shoulders lightly to try and bring some reason into him. She didn't know what was going on through his head, but for sure he wasn't being rational right now. 

What could possibly happen ? What could possibly happen ?

(Y/n) was too pure for her own good, too ignorant of the harm inhabiting this world. But Takao had seen it in action. Hurt could come one's way anytime, in the safest of places. In the street surrounded by other people, in school under the watch of teachers, at home within the walls of intimacy. It could come in so many forms too. A car passing by, a stroke, a bad fall in the stairs... An unsuspected murderer. Anything could happen. 

Takao had never thought that a few years ago his father -an accomplished policeman- would be brutally killed under his very eyes, in the safety of their living room, by a total stranger. And still, it hadn't been a dream.

"So-So many things could happen... You could-"

"Taka, I'm here, aren't I ? I'm safe, you are safe. Everything's fine." She reassured, tightening her hold on him. He wasn't like this before. He had never been that boy who would get worried sick about her when they were children. What has changed ? 

He slowly raised his head from the safety of his knees and looked at her, thick lashes holding fresh tears on the brim of his eyes. The sight twisted her heart terribly in her chest. 

"... Yeah... You're right." He wiped his tears with the sleeve of his shirt. "Sorry, I got carried away." He murmured and placed a hand on hers, thumb tracing gentle circles on her soft skin. "I thought... You had left me once again... This is stupid I know but-"

"I'm not going anywhere." The female interrupted, eyes looking straight at him, unfaltering. "You're my friend, and I'm not leaving you. Not after we reunited after so many years apart." 

The brown haired male gazed at her, conflicted. Knowing (Y/n) still considered him as nothing more than a friend hurt, a deep unrest settling at the bottom of his stomach. He wanted her to be his. He wanted the certitude that they belonged to each other, that she wasn't going anywhere. But he'd ignore this for now. Her words still warmed his heart and put his worries at ease. She wasn't leaving. She'd stay with him. They'd stay together. Where he could protect and love her. He had all the time in the world to make this promise of theirs come true.

A light smile curved his lips and a quiet sigh of bliss fell from his lips as he bathed in her caring embrace. His eyes fluttered closed, memories flooding his mind. "You know, it reminds me of this time I comforted you at the park. Just before you left." 

A small chuckle fell from the girl's lips, the sound resonating in her chest and sending pleasant vibrations through Takao's back. If he were to focus he knew he'd be able to feel her heartbeat, steady and reassuring. 

"Yes, true."

Slowly, he brought a hand to her neck, fingers ghosting over the soft skin for her pulse. 

The female chuckled again, although this time more out of confusion than pure amusement. "What are you doing ?" 

The boy drank in every pulse on the tip of his finger, gently lulled by the proof of the girl's presence. "Just making sure you're here." He whispered calmly, his heart unconsciously syncing its beats with hers. "Can we stay like this a bit longer ?" 

The female smiled softly, not seeing the harm in indulging in her friend's innocent wish. He had been so distraught a few minutes prior, because of her. So it was only fair for her to comfort him. 

"Alright." She gently replied, nuzzling her head in his soft locks, letting them tickle her nose. 

"Thanks."

No she wasn't going anywhere, and she wouldn't. He'd make sure of it. 

Meanwhile, (Y/n)'s mind was running over how she'd approach her brother later this day, once she came home. Her heart clenched in her chest, fingers fiddling with the fabric of Takao's shirt. 

She could only hope for the best.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

297K 7.8K 55
in what could y/n do to escape from these horrific situations? from those crazy, overly obsessive bastards? (one shots) started: 6/16/22 ended: when...
3.5K 270 14
(Y/n)'s family was amongst the few people who had fled the city to find refuge in the forest far from society after the Infection had spread through...
35.5K 1.3K 24
y/n's mother had just got remarried and the girl who had been blessed enough to have two sister's now has an extra seven brothers but what happens wh...
257 20 5
♡ 𝐦.𝐲𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐬 𝐱 𝐟.𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫 ♡ ╭┈◦•◦❥•◦ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 , a young woman gets reincarnated into a zodiac horror romance yandere novel, and...