wait for me | ray

By -craiscent

• • • ❝That horrible day, she bid me goodbye was the day I died inside. Confusion and emptiness were the only... More

❀ Prologue
1: Disbelief
2: New People & Boss
3: An Uncertain Path
4: Her Tale
5: Not Alone
6: Decisions
7: Stay Alive
8: A Moment In Time
9: Her Tale 2.0
10: Don't Watch Me Cry
11: Can't Stop Loving You
12: Vague Reasons
13: Kindness Isn't A Word
14: Her Tale 3.0
15: Spring Left Me Alone
16: New Normal
18: Your Lie
19: Found But Lost
20: Did She Ever Love Me?
21: You & Him, I & Her
22: His Memory
23: An Unreal Restart
24: Fake, It's All Fake
25: Painting The Canvas
26: Our Reality
27: Not Yet
28: Fun While It Lasted
29: Deja Vu
30: Heaven And Hell
❀ Epilogue

17: Hope In You, For You

2.1K 82 411
By -craiscent

𝖭𝗈𝗍𝖾: 𝖨 𝗂𝗇𝗂𝗍𝖺𝗅𝗅𝗒 𝗉𝗅𝖺𝗇𝗇𝖾𝖽 𝗍𝗈 𝗐𝗋𝗂𝗍𝖾 𝖺𝗇𝗀𝗌𝗍 𝗂𝗇 𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗌 𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖻𝗎𝗍 𝖨 𝖾𝗇𝖽𝖾𝖽 𝗎𝗉 𝖾𝗑𝗍𝖾𝗇𝖽𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗌𝖼𝖾𝗇𝖾𝗌. 𝖳𝗁𝖾 𝗇𝖾𝗑𝗍 𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗁𝗈𝗎𝗀𝗁... :)

┏━━━━°⌜ 赤い糸 ⌟°━━━━┓

"When you love, you
go beyond yourself,
beyond your own
expectations. Joy or
Sorrow, there are
never any biases. You
can never stop. You can
never un-love."

┗━━━━°⌜ 赤い糸 ⌟°━━━━┛

~The Next Day~

"Hey, guys," Ray's lips curved upwards in a smile at the sight of Barbara and Cislo. Barbara had grown considerably tall, with her hair reaching below her hips. Her face looked more feminine and her lashes had become more prominent, giving her golden eyes a pop. Cislo appeared more muscular and his chubby face was transformed to a well sculpted one.

"Hey, guys! How are you?" Emma chimed in, bringing the two in a hug.

"Awesome as always! How's your first year of high-school going for y'all?" Barbara grinned.

"It's going great. What about you guys? How's college?" Norman took a seat on the couch.

"It's kinda hard for me to adjust, especially when it's my second year. As for Barbara, she is managing well," Cislo spoke, resting his elbow on the headrest of the couch.

"What are your plans for this summer?" Emma questioned passing them a plate of cookies.

Barbara smirked,
"About that..."

"We should have told them first, huh?" Cislo chuckled under his breath.

"Told us what?" Ray's brows creased as he sipped on his lemonade.

Cislo pulled out his laptop from his bag and placed it on the table. For a while, he typed away and then looked up to meet their eager gazes. A grin plastered itself on his face,
"We have a lead on Boss."

The room went silent as the three teenagers took their time to process his words. Ray swallowed the lump that formed in his throat. We have hope.

He immediately shot up from his seat and walked to Cislo to get a glimpse of his laptop. Emma and Norman followed after and leaned from Barbara's side.

Cislo opened a webpage as he elaborated on the information,
"In California, there's this... orphanage. And... a person named Sam Carter is connected to the organization."

"Sam Carter?" Emma repeated.

"It could be that Sam added a last name like the rest of us," Norman stated.

"Did Sam ever mention his last name?" Ray eyed Barbara and Cislo.

Barbara shook her head,
"No, none of us except Y/n-san had a last name."

Cislo continued,
"It is an orphanage that provides shelter to kids who were abused, who suffer mental and physical disorders, abandoned children of mafia group and more. Not only that... it is written, 'The feats were achieved in hands of qualified analysts, Sarah Hughes and Victor Brown. Commendable collaboration was provided by aspiring analysts,
Y/n L/n and Sam Carter'."

He glanced at them to take note of their reactions to only find the three staring in shock with their jaws hanging. It was like sparks of hope were ignited and Ray felt like things weren't as bad as he imagined them to be.

After they recomposed themselves, Ray questioned,
"Sarah Hughes and Victor Brown; these two were mentioned in Y/n's file. How come they did not appear when we searched every inch of the internet for them?"

Norman placed a finger on his chin, "They are analysts, right? So it could be that they worked with the CIA or NSA until recently. The people who work with a nation's intelligence department are supposed to not disclose their actual profession."

"But the website doesn't show any connections of the two with the CIA or NSA," Cislo wondered, confused.

"Retired or not, you aren't allowed to disclose your profession. So chances are they quit. Or they considered that 'qualified analysts' doesn't disclose much. They could work with the police force too. But I believe the chances of the latter are pretty less," Norman clarified.

"What about Y/n and Sam?" Emma tilted her head in curiosity.

"Y/n would be sixteen right now and Sam, seventeen. So it is possible that the two of them are in highschool. Collaborating whilst attaining your education isn't imposible," Ray answered, still in his train of thoughts.

They all went quiet as they spent the time considering all the information they had recieved. Chances of the two people mentioned actually being them were high. They didn't have an option but to dig deeper.

"What now?" Emma placed a hand on her hip, a smile painting her face.

"We are going to California," Ray smirked knowingly at her.

"Knew it!" Barbara and Cislo chorused.

Norman raised an eyebrow,
"What do you mean?"

Barbara held up her leather backpack, "We came packed! Seven tickets to California at half past two tomorrow have already been booked!"

The three laughed at her excitement.

Isabella entered the hall with a pile of clothes in her hands,
"Who's going where?"

"Mama! We found a lead on Y/n and Sam!" Emma beamed.

Her brows lifted,
"Really?"

"Yes! Apparently they helped some qualified analysts set up an orphanage!" she explained further.

Isabella narrowed her eyes,
"Analysts and an orphanage...? That doesn't make much sense."

"It doesn't but we found their names on a website," Norman informed her.

Her mouth formed an 'o' shape and she nods,
"I see-"

"We are going too!" Nat cut her off and stood in the doorway with his hands on his hips and Anna behind him.

"I doubt that is going to happen," Gilda followed Don to the hall from the kitchen.

"Are you forgetting the '15+ travelling alone' rule?" Isabella argued.

Nat attempted to cajole his caretaker,
"But Mama!"

"No," she amplified and shook her head in a disapproving manner. In defeat, Nat didn't speak a word knowing that how Isabella had stressed over her words, she wasn't going to change her decision.

"When's the flight?" Gilda stood by Isabella's side.

"Tomorrow at 2:30 p.m," Emma conveyed.

Barbara added,
"We'll have to take a train or cab to the hotel and then a cab to the orphanage."

"You really did plan everything," Norman joshed.

"Duh," the brunette rolled her eyes.

~The Following Day~

"Did you keep your toiletries, Emma?" Isabella hastily checked Emma's bag.

"Yes, Mama! Don't worry so much!" the said girl reassured.

The woman got up and ruffled the ginger head's hair,
"Come back safe, yeah?"

Emma eagerly nodded and kissed her cheek,
"Bye, Mama! Take care!"

The lady smiled warmly as she saw her exit through the door.

She turned to her son who was standing with his hands stuffed in his pockets. She kissed his forehead softly, "Try your best to return with Y/n."

He hummed and wrapped her in a hug, "Mhm."

The bunch hopped into the car amd bid their goodbyes as the vehicle pulled away. The pleasent wind made a small smile etch onto the raven-ette's face. I hope you are safe, Y/n.

• • •

"Seat 24 A..." Emma searched the stickers carefully as she gripped on the handle of her trolley bag.

"There," Norman pointed to the seats to the right that were a bit further away from them.

Emma's eyes lit up and she hurried to the seats. Norman placed his and Emma's bags in the overhead cabinets which made Ray scowl,
"Yeah, forget about me."

"Ah, sorry, Ray," Norman apologised and took his luggage from him and mirrored his earlier actions.

"Oh, we sit here," Gilda let her leather backpack slide off her shoulders and took her seat, placing it on her lap.

"I'm taking the window seat!" Don declared and rushed to the corner most seat, setting his luggage under his seat.

"What about you guys?" Emma glanced at Barbara and Cislo.

Barbara swayed her body in glee and sung,
"I am sitting with Don and Gilda. Cislo will sit alone, with strangers."

"I knew you would do something like this when I asked you to book the tickets," Cislo bleated in frustration as he took a seat in the row behind Emma's.

Emma moved and seated herself on the window seat, followed by Norman and Ray.

After a few minutes, a female's voice sounded over the airplane's announcement speakers,
"Welcome aboard. We will be flying to Los Angeles, California, USA. The duration of the flight will be approximately twelve hours. Please make yourself comfortable and fasten your seatbelts. Do not unfasten your seatbelts until we inform you. We will take flight in about five minutes. Thank you for choosing us. We hope you have a pleasent experience."

The aircraft started speeding as Emma gripped on Norman's arm. Soon the wheels had left the runway and ascended to the sky. A few moments after, the aircraft found balance and the seatbelt fastening symbol stopped glowing.

Emma murmured,
"I want to sleep."

Norman moved the armrest out of the way and gently pulled her head to his shoulder, letting his own head rest on hers.

Ray glimpsed at the couple and smiled to himself before he pulled out his headphones. I hope we meet soon, Y/n.

~12 Hours Later~

Gilda yawned as her eyes were barely able to open.

Don stretched his arms and buttoned up his jacket,
"Are you guys dumb? Why would you choose a plane that would land at like three in the morning?"

"Ah, we forgot we would land the other day," Barbara nervously chuckled and looked away.

"Didn't know nineteen and twenty year olds make such imbecile decisions," Ray snarled at them.

Norman squeezed Ray's shoulder, "It's alright guys, we can't change anything now. Let's just go. Are we going by a cab or the subway?"

"Will a subway be available at this hour?" Emma leaned on Norman.

"Um probably no," Cislo looked away sheepishly.

Ray frowned, quite irritated with their decisions,
"I swear-"

"Then let's take the cab," Norman cut him off.

~The Next Morning~

"Good morning!" Emma greeted, her battery recharged with the rest she had taken.

"It's literally one in the afternoon," Ray glared her up and down.

She pouted, offended,
"Not my problem we slept at like four in the morning!"

"Guys, don't bicker right now," Gilda chastised as she took a seat beside Emma on the long dining table of the hotel.

As they began feeding themselves, Norman explained,
"Alright, so the orphanage is about forty minutes from here."

"Why didn't we choose a hotel that was closer?" Don furrowed his brows.

"Because Cislo and Barbara had to get a five star hotel specifically," Ray taunted, glaring daggers into their skulls.

Norman coughed a bit before he continued,
"Anyways, if we start by half past one, we'll reach there by two."

He didn't mention what they would do after that as he was afraid to provide unnecessary hope or ruin the hope they had.

"Alright," Ray wiped his mouth with a napkin, already done with his meal.

After a few minutes of chatting and munching, the group finally stood up and dusted themselves off before they walked to the hotel's exit.

The weather was slightly colder than Liverpool causing a few of them to shiver. Ray brought the blue scarf that was wrapped around his neck to cover his nose. He breathed into the familiar scent, a wave of nostalgia hitting him. It was the scent of the moisturiser that Isabella always used on Ray and Y/n because of Y/n's request back when she was eight. Once they came to the human world, Ray had found the exact same brand so he couldn't stop himself from purchasing it. He had worn the scarf a few months back, the last time he had used the same body cream.

Norman signalled for two cabs whilst his arm remained linked with Emma's. The trio got into the first car and the other four hopped into the second one.

Ray leaned onto the door to get a glimpse from the window. The place was so much different from the norm. It was beautiful and extremely diverse. He could spot teenagers eating at hotspots and couples walking with their hands interlaced. It wasn't too crowded and had a tranquil aura. The place was further from the main city which made it quite peaceful.

He opened the window and felt cold air slap him across his face all of a sudden. He scrunched his face at first but gradually his eyebrows loosened and a small smile adorned his face.
He leaned back into his seat and exhaled slowly. We will find you, no matter what.

• • •

"Okay... so where is that damn orphanage?" Cislo looked around with a piece of paper in his hand.

Ray took the chit from his hand and read it,
"Scions' House?"

"Let's walk to the right, we might find something," Norman glanced around as he began to take strides.

"Why didn't the drivers leave us at the gate itself?" Barbara grimaced, unimpressed.

Gilda brought her fist to her chest as she followed the others,
"I have no idea."

"Um what's that?" Emma stopped before a zebra-crossing and pointed to a fencing of metal rods that surrounded a white building.

Don squinted his eyes to get a better and spotted a board.

"There's a name board to it's right, let's check it out," he suggested.

Everyone concurred and waited for the traffic lights to turn red. Once the tyres of the vehicles screeched as they came to halt, the bunch crossed the black-white stripped road. When they traversed there, they took a right turn and trod for a few steps until Don's footsteps came to a stop, making the others following him peak their head from his side.

They stared at the curved board that stood above a few feets from the metallic gate. It read 'Scions' House'.

"This is it," Norman pursed his lips and declared.

Ray could feel his heart beat get faster as he took a deep breath to keep his composure,
"Let's go."

Gilda stuffed her shaking hands in her jumper's pockets. She was beyond nervous, just like Ray. But they both shared hope, even if it was just a spark, they hoped they could see her again. It was all they were asking for in that moment.

They took a step inside the orphanage, distinct laughs and cries of children were audible to their ears. They looked around and noticed a few kids playing tag. It took them back to the time when they were extremely similar, happy, smiling and carefree. A smile graced each one's lips, they couldn't help it at all.

They headed towards the main building. It was tall and looked modern with the exterior painted in white. Through the glass doors, they could get a clear view of the white and peach interior. The pavement to the erection was made of pebble-stones concreted into the ground evenly.

Norman grasped on the surface of the handle and pushed it open for the others. A woman who appeared to be in her twenties stood by the reception counter behind the glass that seperated her from them. Below the glass were numerous coloured hand-prints of children. The area was decorated with hanging origami and paper cut-outs of flowers and butterflies. Some portions of the walls had different animals painted on them.

After they took a quick view of the premises, Norman knocked on the glass to get the attention of the lady.

She glanced up from her papers as her rectangular glasses rested on the bridge of her nose,
"Good afternoon, how may I help you?"

Norman hesitated for a bit but answered,
"We are looking for Y/n L/n and Sam Carter."

She blinked a few times and pushed her glasses up to her head. Her voice sounded from the circular hole of the glass,
"Y/n L/n?"

"Yes," Norman nodded his head affirmatively.

"And what might be your business?" she questioned looking through a register.

Ray stepped beside Norman,
"Is she here?"

She shot the group a funny glance and repeated,
"I asked you to state your business."

"We are her friends," Gilda spoke up.

The receptionist shook her head,
"You can't meet her right now. She's-"

"Can you just tell her our names? I'm sure she'll make an exception," Gilda gripped onto the edge of the table, growing peevish.

The woman shook her head and muttered under her breath,
"Kids these days."

She dialled a number on the telephone,
"State your names."

Norman leaned forward,
"Ray, Norman, Emma-"

"That would be enough," she sighed and waited for a moment.

A short beep sounded before the woman spoke,
"Hello?"

After a pause, she informed as her eyes scanned the group,
"Um there is a group of... seven people who have come to see
Ms. L/n. They claim to be Ray, Norman and Emma."

She waited for a few seconds and nodded her head,
"Alright."

She put down the telephone and stared at Norman,
"Sam Carter will be here to meet you. Wait for five minutes if you will."

The white haired male pursed his lips hesitantly and nodded in acknowledgement. He inhaled deeply and turned around to face his friends who were timidly exchanging glances.

Norman wrapped his arm around Emma's shoulder and brought her closer as a way to reassure her. In return, she squeezed his hand comfortingly.

Ray's jaw clenched and unclenched as he attempted to keep his anxiety at bay. Gilda had unconsciously gripped onto Don's wrist which he didn't seem to mind much. They were on edge about what was to come. Innumerable questions swirling in their head didn't help much.

Was it really the Sam they knew? What if was just a random individual? Will they be able to find them then? If it really was Sam, was Y/n with her? Were the safe and healthy? Those few minutes of their lives felt like an eternity to them as they tried to keep their calm.

The ding of an elevator sounded and a pair of approaching footsteps were audible to their ears, making them flinch simultaneously. Ray shifted his weight from one foot to the other and kept on repeating it as he impatiently waited for the person to show their face.

Norman unwrapped his arm from Emma and instead formed it into fists. Gilda only grasped on Don's wrist tighter in anticipation. Barbara and Cislo both kept on taking deep breaths to calm their hearts that were beating violently.

It had been two years after all, ever since they had seen the two's faces and it hurt them till the extent it wasn't possible for them to put the dread into words.

The footsteps finally came to a halt and shaky breaths were exhaled by each one of them. The corners of Emma's eyes pricked with tears as a wide smile appeared on her face.

Sam softly grinned at them with his hands shoved in the pockets of his black slacks. The white button up shirt he wore was crease-less without a spot of stain on it. His well polished brown, leather shoes matched the outfit perfectly. Much similar to his debonair dressing, his chocolate brown hair were trimmed to the edges and his jawbone was more honed than they had remembered. His eyes were scintillating outlandishly when they looked close enough, it was more than absurd to see a new look in his eyes.

Barbara stomped her way to him and kicked his spine roughly causing him to wince,
"You nincompoop!" she insulted.

Cislo followed after the brunette and punched him in the abdomen. Sam grimaced and held his stomach as his framed curled inwards.

The smile reappeared on his lips,
"Alright, I think that would be enough."

"Where were you all these years!?" Cislo grasped his collar firmly and yelled in his face.

The brunette ignored his question and remarked,
"You all have grown up, huh? You guys sure look beautiful and handsome."

"Well, of course," Cislo puffed his chest proudly.

Norman's lips tugged upwards as he neared the male,
"We could say the same for you."

"It's really good to see you soon!" Emma wiped her tears and offered him a close eyed smile.

Don placed a hand on his hip and smirked,
"Can't deny that."

"I'm glad you are safe," Gilda's eyes softened.

Ray's eyebrows creased as he took steady strides towards Sam,
"Where's Y/n?"

The moment he entered Sam's field of vision, Sam's stomach twisted into a knot. For a moment he went blank, not knowing what to say and he felt himself panic. Sam, calm down. Calm down. What's the reality, is the reality. Nothing can be changed. Ray has to accept it. Same goes for the others.

Sam raised his brow mocking the other male playfully,
"Hello to you too, Ray."

The raven-ette sighed. He pinched the bridge of his nose as he laughed lowly,
"You shouldn't have disappeared like that."

"Yeah, I apologise for that," the latter spoke, sincerity lacing his voice.

"But seriously... where's Y/n?" Ray restated not feeling relief wash over him completely, unlike the others who believed that if Sam was safe, so would be Y/n.

Sam's purple hued orbs flicked to that of Ray's before he began kicking his feet, appearing to be nonchalant when goosebumps had already appeared on his skin.

His throat felt dry for which he gulped thickly. He met the eyes of the rest,
"Follow me."

[a/n: What if Sam took them to a graveyard?]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

127K 4.4K 12
ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʀᴏᴍɪsᴇᴅ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀʟᴀɴᴅ (ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ ɪɴsᴇʀᴛ) »»--------- ♔ ---------«« "𝘪'𝘥 𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘣𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦, 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦." "𝘪'𝘥...
957K 41.9K 200
what is freedom?」 「What is the outside world like? "Mom, what is the outside world like? When can I see it?" Why couldn't I leave? I want to leav...
151K 4.1K 179
❤️ For Ray's seventeenth birthday, Isabella had given him a camera. The first picture he took was you. ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ! BOOK THREE COMPLETE ! 🖤 reader x...
193K 7.9K 39
"Come escape with us and be free." "Come and escape with me." ゚ Summary - ➴ With the escaping and all other problems he has to face. An un...