Loving Brandon Gray

By HollyHanson5

Riley Adams, a high school senior who has everything. Brandon Gray, a high school senior who despised everyth... More

**
1- Senior year
2- Brandon
3- Riley
5- Ice Cream
6- Thank you
7- Are you okay?
8- Partners
9- Zombies
10- Dodgeball
11- What happened
12- Friends
13- Swimming
14- The kiss
15- Rumors
16- The date
17- The date Part2
18- The bonfire🔥
19- The L word
20- Tattoos
21- What are you doing here?
22- Prom
23- Troubles lurking
24- Stuck
25- Sick
26- Graduation
27- Broken
28- One regret
29- Needing a friend
30-Needing space
31- Confused
32- What's taking you so long?
33- An apology
34- Drink up
35- I'm scared
36- Change of plans
37- Ending it all
38- Forever
39- All of you

4- The break-up

5K 163 45
By HollyHanson5

Riley's P.O.V.

It's been a few weeks since school started and the shock of Brandon being back has died down.

Josh came over again last night after the football game and was hanging out with me all day today. Since my parents had the weekend off, Josh's parents were coming over for dinner tonight and they all wanted to talk to us about something.

I was laying in Josh's arms, running my hand up and down his arm. "I'm going to shower, then we should work on calc."

He groaned, "Please, I don't want to move just yet, baby."

I started laughing, "Well my parents just got home from getting stuff for tonight and I don't want them walking in here when we're like this."

He pulled me into a kiss, "Be quick!"

"I will."

I got out of bed, grabbed my clothes and headed to the bathroom.

After showering, I brushed my teeth and headed back into my room. We spent the rest of the afternoon working on our homework.

"I'm going to grab some water, do you want anything?"

"Yeah, I'll have some water too."

When I got back I noticed Josh reading something.

He turned toward me and threw the papers on the bed, "What the hell is this?"

I looked down at my acceptance letter to the University of Chicago. "Ummm..."

"Don't! When were you going to tell me?"

"It's not finalized yet, Josh. I mean I've told you I didn't want to become a doctor, now I have other options to choose from."

He just stood there staring at me.

"Say something." I demanded.

"A doctor is such a better choice, you can still write your books, plus we won't be at the same school-"

"Okay. I'm going to stop you right there! So is this career choice, just because it's not what Mom and Dad and obviously you want for me. This is my life and I think I have a say in what I want to do with it."

"Of course you do but I don't think this is right for you."

That hurt. No one seems to care what I want and he's supposed to be my partner and a person I can talk to about anything. Not someone who steers me away from something I wanted to do so badly.

"Out of everyone, I was hoping you... the person that said he loved me more than anything in this world, would understand. I want this Josh and if you can't understand that then maybe..." I stopped and paused for a moment. Was this what I really wanted too?

"Then maybe what?" He questioned.

"Maybe we should take a break!" I breathed out. I can't believe I just said that. I didn't want to lose him as a friend, I just couldn't be with him romantically anymore if he couldn't support me.

"Riley... Josh, dinner time." My mom yelled from downstairs.

Josh didn't say a word as he stormed out of the room, letting the door slam behind him.

I let out the breath I was holding, "Holy shit." I ran my fingers through my hair, I felt like a huge weight was just lifted off my shoulders. Now to make it through this very awkward dinner.

Walking downstairs I was greeted by Josh's parents. "Hey sweetie, how are you?"

"I'm good Mrs. Ried, how are you guys?"

"Wonderful, especially now that we're here. Your parents work too much."

I started laughing, "Yes they do."

"Come, you can sit next to Josh."

Great! I sat down next to him as our parents filled in around us.

My heart was racing a mile a minute wishing this dinner was over already.

We were almost finished with the meal when Mom addressed the elephant in the room. "Is everything okay between the two of you?"

"Everything is fine. Mom, this is delicious." I tried changing the subject.

"Thank you sweetie."

My Dad spoke up next, "So, a big reason for this dinner is so we all could talk to you about your future. All four of us have talked and since you're both going off to college next year we wanted to set you up in an apartment together and not in one of those dorm rooms."

Josh started laughing, "That's going to be kind of hard since we will be going to two different colleges."

I closed my eyes, apparently having this conversation now.

"What?" All of our parents said simultaneously.

"Yeah, I saw her acceptance letter to the University of Chicago today. Then your daughter broke up with me."

"What and what do you mean you're going to the University of Chicago? They don't have the best medical program." Dad asked, confused.

"I didn't break up with you, Josh." I got tears in my eyes, "All I want is for everyone to listen to me and understand. I don't want to be a doctor, I know it's a great career choice but it's not for me!"

"Jesus Christ, back to the book thing again?" Dad hissed.

"Not just that. I want to possibly teach or-"

"It doesn't matter, you worked your ass off for this so why change now?"

"I've been telling you this isn't what I want, why can't you just be happy for me?"

I could see the disappointment on everyone's faces. I stood up, holding back the tears that wanted to fall and looked at Josh.

"Just because I got that letter from U.O.C, doesn't mean that's where I was going. Maybe it's for the best though since I am breaking up with you."

He got up fast, following me to the door. "Babe, I'm sorry. Please let's talk about this."

"I can't keep doing this, Josh. I wasn't able to talk to you about this without an eye roll from you. You might not have agreed with what I wanted to do but you could have supported me anyways or stuck up for me in there. What kind of life is that if we can't support or talk to one another?"

He didn't say anything. "Exactly... I'll see you at school."

I walked out, slamming the door behind me.

Fucking hell, I didn't have my phone, my purse, a coat or my fucking car keys. "That's just fucking great." I yelled as I walked further and further away from home.

*****
I was walking through the streets of Chicago at night, probably not the smartest decision that I've ever made but I couldn't be in that house any longer.

I didn't know where I was headed but I just kept walking until I got to the train station. I wasn't planning on going anywhere, I just needed a place to think and be away from my parents and Josh.

I wasn't sure how long I was sitting there, thinking before I realized how late it had gotten. I was cold and tired. I should have just hid out at the park near my house instead of going on this little excursion because this wasn't a safe place to be late at night.

I watched four guys in the distance fooling around walking my way. I decided to stay here where it was lit up hoping they would go away and leave me alone but just my luck, they didn't. I got up ready to walk away when someone lightly grabbed my arm.

"Hey baby, where ya goin?" One guy asked.

"Home."

I pulled my arm back and went to walk away when he grabbed me again.

"I can take you where you need to go, I think we could have a fun time."

"I'll pass, let me go."

He pinned me up against the wall. "Come on baby."

I brought my knee up, kneeing him in his balls. "No, now leave me alone." He hunched over in pain as I tried walking away again but the other three stepped in my way, stopping me.

"She said no." A deep voice coming from behind me said, sending chills all over my body.

Brandon?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 37.5K 31
People say that love is in every corner... looks like Riley's been walking in circles. You see, Riley is a proud tomboy and she loves being one of th...
618K 10.7K 39
Dawn is the home town good girl with a spunky attitude and compassionate heart. So much like her father and struggling with the estranged relationshi...
105 1 16
Meet Ariel Blakely, a nice girl with a guarded heart and an easy-going personality. Here's Aiden Daniels, a bad boy who, for some reason, hates the w...
235K 6.8K 59
MATURE CONTENT !!!! 18+ UNEDITED ... PLEASE FEEL FREE TO COMMENT, SHARE, & LIKE 🥰😘 Riley is a good and innocent girl never been through anything in...