Divinity || Draco Malfoy

By icecubewater

Averie Wilson is an aspiring fashion student. Draco Malfoy is a top designer and CEO of his own well known f... More

Casting
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35

13

2.4K 111 260
By icecubewater

Averie couldn't sleep.

It was probably well past midnight as she silently stared up to the ceiling.

She expected to fall asleep early tonight—the day had worn her out entirely, but her eyes couldn't succumb to the natural slumber. All she wanted to do though, was sleep. Her head turned to the side, facing the big window in her room. The city was still still alive, it always was. Sometimes that made it hard for her to drift away—knowing all that was still going on.

Averie flipped the covers off of her and padded over to the window, to simply observe. It wasn't like she was getting much sleep anyways.

London had become her home in just a short amount of time. Something about it just felt more like home than anything. She loved the city—how it was full of opportunities for someone as young as her. Already she was in charge of a whole collection for a runway show. It was insane to Averie, the work she was doing. She was in her element, and she was more than grateful for it.

Even if she were to be fired for her smart mouth directed at Malfoy, she had experience now. That was enough to get another job—not one as perfect as this—but still.

Averie's apartment complex was settled in only a few miles from her usual work building. From her room, she could see it among the crowded city windows. It looked so pretty at night, no one would ever know what stress was caused in the walls of it.

As stressful as it's been for her, Averie still thought it to be completely thrilling and exciting. She couldn't have been more at peace with the work she was doing.

Averie had been in charge of half of Mature Divinity's runway collection for Milan, Zara working on the other half. Which meant she got to make all of the creative decisions and work with a professional team, and she got to boss them around to complete the work—she had to admit she enjoyed that part.

The theme that Malfoy had chosen was a beach theme, probably because of Italy's many beautiful beaches. Averie had loads of ideas for it, and she couldn't wait to get started when they were introduced to the theme.

But there was only one week left to complete everything, and although she was confident in her work, she couldn't help but feel nervous again.

Malfoy made her nervous.

It was strange, the way she felt about her boss.

He irritated her beyond relief, that was known. It seemed she had the same effect on him since they were always bickering. But as annoyed as Averie constantly was, for some reason she... liked it. She liked the excitement he made her feel when he stood all powerful and manly in front of her. The power she felt whenever she tells him off, the fierce feeling that rushes through her after.

Averie shook her head, wondering why in the world she was thinking about him.

It was just his attractiveness that was alluring, she thought—trying to believe it herself.

Averie blamed her lack of sleep for her slight desire to see the blonde in front of her.

Besides, she had Theo. He was also attractive—in a safer way. Always wanting to shower her in affection and desire. She didn't even know if they were official yet, it sure felt like it though. They had been seeing each other for a few weeks now, been on multiple dates, but Averie felt like something was missing. A factor of suspense, danger.

Theodore didn't seem dangerous, but reliable.

Averie felt he cared for her, and her the same.She was happy with him, comfortable. And yet still, she craved for something more.

A sense of venom in a pure garden.

She had no idea what she wanted though.

Her eyes focused on the slightly rosy skyline, the sun peeking out of the horizon.

She rolled her eyes at herself, there was only a few hours before she would have to get ready for work- again.

Averie wasn't sure how long she stood at the window admiring the city—her homebut when she plopped onto her soft bed again, it had never felt comfier.

And she fell asleep instantly, but wouldn't remember the dream she had later.

"Averie... Averie!"

A sharp nudge on the arm made the sleeping girl jolt up.

"Hmm?"

"Sleeping on the job, Miss Wilson?" Zara teased.

Averie groaned, sitting up from where her head rested in her hand and stretching her arms.

"Couldn't sleep last night," Averie mumbled back, looking around her desk.

She recalled when she fell asleep, waiting for her small team to come back from their lunch break—while she fell asleep during hers.

Zara smirked suddenly, "Up late thinking about someone?"

Averie froze, turning her head to meet Zara's pale eyes. "Oh...noI," she stuttered before she was cut off by a chuckle.

"Relax Evie, I know," she grinned. "There's someone waiting for you in the lobby."

Averie perked up at that.

"Who?"

"Not sure. Probably the man you've been staying up thinking about," Zara shrugged, raising her eyebrows in a suggestive manner. "But he's cute so don't keep him waiting."

Averie's thoughts immediately went to Theodore.

Sweet and caring Theodore.

Zara smirked at the sudden blood rush to Averie's face, though she wasn't aware of it. Her fingers ran through her hair as she stood up, ready to meet him. Averie was a bit embarrassed at her appearance today, the outcome of her restless night. She didn't look bad but she wasn't all dolled up like usual. She only hoped Theo wouldn't care—but she doubted he would. He was too kind to judge her on that.

Unlike some.

Averie was sure that Malfoy would insult her, but she hadn't seen him in the office all day so far.

As soon as Averie stepped into the lobby a small smile made its way on her face. Theo had brought her a coffee. As if he knew she was in need of it.

Immediately she gave him a hug, wrapping her hands above his neck. He smelled like honey and coffee, a warm feeling.

"What are you doing here?"

Theo smiled back, handing her the coffee cup which she graciously took in her own hands.

"Bringing you coffee, of course," was all he said.

"It's like you knew I needed it today," Averie sipped the sweet coffee, humming as it warmed her inside.

Theo stood in front of her in casual attire, just like her.

"Don't you have work right now?" she questioned.

He watched her intently, taking a sip from his own coffee cup in his hand. His other moved his floppy hair to the side, as it distractingly covered his face.

"No, I called out."

"How come?"

Theo smirked, making Averie's eyes glisten with curiosity. "No reason."

"I thought you liked to work," Averie scoffed playfully, shaking her head with disapproval. A yawn followed right after.

"I'd much rather visit you. Seems like you did need the coffee, hm?"

She rolled her eyes at his comment. He had no idea.

The two stayed in the lobby for a couple moments, just chatting. Averie almost forgot she had work to get back to, until the entrance doors opened. Her eyes followed the movement, seeing her design team enter one by one. They walked past her, eyeing down her and Theo suspiciously. But she didn't care.

"Look I...I should get back to work," she hesitated. She didn't want to leave when Theo was here, but he had come during office hours.

"I understand," he smiled.

"Call me later, yeah?"

"Of course."

Just as Averie went to turn around, her wrist was grabbed softly.

"Averie," Theo muttered, eyes locked on her own.

She was a bit dazed looking into his own. The color matched the drink in her cup perfectly. Perfectly coffee colored.

"Yeah?" she nearly whispered.

He looked timid, and Averie wondered why.

She parted her lips to ask what was wrong when it was hushed by his mouth on hers.

Theo kissed her.

And Averie kissed him back, softly.

His lips slowly moved against her own, but it was sweet. It was their first kiss together.

Averie only had one other kiss in the past few months, and her mind couldn't help the vivid taste on her tongue. It wasn't the taste of Theo.

The taste was accompanied with the feeling of roughness, danger.

She almost moaned, right before Theo broke the kiss, staring softly at her still. Her mind was muddled though, still thinking about something she desperately tried to keep reigns on.

"I'll see you later then?" he asked once more.

She merely nodded, a bit shy all of the sudden.

Her fingers traced her lips as he walked out of the lobby, she felt ashamed.

Why was she imagining Malfoy as she kissed       Theo—her boyfriend?

Was he her boyfriend now?

It felt inappropriate, but surprisingly not guilty.

She shook her head again, blaming it on the lack of sleep once more, gulping down the rest of her coffee. If only she had noticed the figure leaned on the stairway, spying on them. How the figure shot daggers at Theo.

How the figure turned red hot angry as he watched them kiss.

And how the blue eyes followed her as she leisurely strolled back up to the office.

If only she had noticed him.

A few hours later Averie was back to being energetic with the work, thanks to Theo's kind gesture.

Her co-workers already knew what they were doing, so it was up to her to make the designs well. It was going quite well she had to admit. The design sketches had been finished, the materials were picked out, and they had already started the design process.

Her 'team' consisted of a fabric consultant, and two seamstresses, ready to help Averie sew whenever she might need it. Both of them were pretty girls, probably 10 years older than Averie. They seemed very experienced with the work which also helped move the project along. The consultant was a jittery man, hair black as night. He seemed nervous around Averie, which was a bit amusing.

She hadn't seen the pig, Cameron Rogers, since the day this event was introduced. She was thankful for that, seeing as how rude and disrespectful he was in just a short time.

Averie was getting along more than fine.

There was only one week left though, and she was told to report her progress to Malfoy at the end of the day.

Knowing his behavior, Averie was sure he would say she was moving too slow—which wasn't the case. Averie had been spending late nights at the office for the past week. She needed to make sure her part was finished, so she took the initiative to work overtime.

Very overtime.

The usual work day ended at four, but lately Averie's been reaching home at eleven. She wasn't sure if anyone knew how late she was staying, besides the janitor that would always check up on her. He was a sweet old man who was curious as to why she was so determined to stay late.

But Averie was a perfectionist, and there were never enough hours in the day to achieve what she truly wanted done.

She wondered how Zara was coming along. The two had only seen each other briefly while at work. Both of them focused, set on being the best. Averie knew she wasn't staying late like her, so she was most likely behind.

In any event, she still needed to tell Draco how far her team was—and they were impressively almost ready for the show already.

So Averie halted her fingers busied with fabric, sensing it was about time to leave—for the rest of them at least.

Before she left the room, she quickly put her design book in the usual spot in the bottom drawer of the desk, hidden right under some scrap papers. No one was in the room, so she didn't bother to be secret about it.

Averie was prepared to tell Malfoy how ready and brilliant her half of the show would be. She quietly swung her lounge door open, her sneakers padding softly on the tiled floors. Usually her strides were accompanied with the clicking of heels, but she had been way too tired to even put them on today, she felt missing without her heels.

Averie spotted Lucas still at his desk, looking to be wrapping up for the day. Her eyes glided to the black door—Malfoy's door—which was opened the slightest.

Was he even still here?

Her feet brought her to Lucas before she thought of it.

"Did Malfoy leave yet?"

His jet eyes still trained on what he was doing when he replied, "Saw him go into his office about ten minutes ago."

She quickly thanked him, before seeing if he was indeed in his office like her friend had just told her. Her footsteps still quiet, she peered into the crack of the door to see if it was worth knocking.

Malfoy was there, his tie halfway undone and hanging around his neck. It reminded her of when she first saw him in the office.

But Pansy Parkinson was fondly touching his arm, whispering in his ear. They both looked smug, snickering lightly, so Averie could only guess what was happening.

For some reason Averie felt sick at the sight.

And she felt like she could hurl Pansy across the room and slap her mercilessly.

But she only backed away, not wanting to interrupt a moment like that, and rushed out of the room entirely.

She found herself in the bathrooms, splashing cold water across her face. Her fists clenched the sink out of frustration.

Why did she feel so ill all of the sudden?

After taking a few minutes to collect herself, she walked back at an unhurried pace. Today hasn't been good for her. Only the thought of sweet Theo pushed her through the day.

Her feet hurt, her body felt beyond sore, and she felt a headache arising in the back of her skull.

Of course.

Averie decided to not stay late, she was ahead of everything already, anyways. She knew she deserved to rest. Maybe she'd spend time with Theo, as she wanted.

She walked into the lounge room, both greeting and saying goodbye to Zara who was on her way out.

As Averie gathered her belongings like she did every day, a flash of green caught her eye. It was a specific green—light sage and soft.

The very same color of her personal design book.

Weird.

Averie thought she'd shut the drawer already, could have sworn it. But it's been a more than tedious two days, and she had only gotten a few hours of sleep—so she dismissed it—only shut the door once more.

On her way out towards the elevator, she found a lone Pansy leaning by the wall. Her eyes sparkled with wicked mirth, and Averie didn't even want to know what made her amused this time. She was just happy to go home on time, get some sleep.

Averie completely forgot about the misplaced book.

Maybe she shouldn't have.

A/N

hi sorry it's been 2 weeks oops! school just ended so i'll have more time to write YAYY EVERYONE SAY YAYYY

i want to hear theories about anything GO

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 53 9
Draco Malfoy hides incognito at a Swedish muggle university. You are intrigued by the mysterious new student. What is his secret? - A sweet, short s...
107 9 13
Sequal to Screw You, Malfoy. 🔞 18+ 🔞 Mature and sexual themes. Cassandra and Draco are adjusting to life post war and finding their footing with t...
771 11 8
Draco Malfoy, the heir to the Malfoy Lineage is to be married to the Dark Lord. As one might suspect Draco is not quite happy about his current pred...
428K 18.7K 85
in which a dark and little bit twisted malfoy sister finds herself staring at a very beautiful blonde witch. violetta malfoy has never been in love b...