Kira and Jared [Historical Ro...

By EstherAshar

After watching me struggle to his heart's content, he gripped my neck and started choking me. Then he began t... More

✍️Prologue
✍️INTRO: The emperor's bastard
✍️Jordan
✍Runaway daughter
✍Prince Edrin
✍The unexpected
✍One last time
✍First wedding night
✍I'm sorry, Kira
✍The Verhamian Princess
✍The verdict
✍Tragedy
✍The truth
✍Revived
✍Maybe this is our chance to be happy
✍Jared's hearing
✍Second wedding night
✍Revenge
✍Meeting Victor
✍A sick twist
✍️Our only hope
✍️The blacksmith
✍️The secret tunnel
✍️The countdown
✍🏻War
✍🏻I played with fire and got burned
✍🏻The purple tree
✍️King Dexter's letter
✍️Jared
✍️High-risk pregnancy
✍🏻Her caregiver
✍️Vena, daughter of Vethruk
✍️Kira's rival
✍Grayson Vanderhall
✍Brave
✍Grief
✍Power-hungry
✍Grayson's daughter
✍Osiris
✍Nightmare
✍Regrets
✍Soulless
✍Breathe no more
✍Her return
✍Our secret place
✍Their love story
✍Rebels
✍Maybe
✍Jaeigh
✍Third wedding night
✍️Epilogue
AUTHORS NOTE

✍Stay a bit longer

429 40 0
By EstherAshar

   Kira and Bianca waited in the old throne room as Jared had instructed. Although she had been feeling weak since morning, Kira still chose to show up for Jared's sake.

  A few minutes later, Hector entered the room. 
"Sorry for keeping you waiting, your highness".
Then his eyes shifted to Bianca. He was quite smitten by her beauty, the radiance she emitted mesmerized him.

Kira cleared her throat awkwardly. This brought him back to reality. Bianca was thankful to Kira for saving her from his burning gaze.

"Right! Follow me, your Highness, my lady".
He led them to an abandoned study room in the corner and turned a metal object on the bookshelf. This action birthed an opening of an apparent secret door behind the desk. Kira and Bianca were surprised at the numerous hidden rooms in the castle.

  They finally reached the secret meeting room, where Jared was busy discussing something with Victor. The moment he noticed their presence, he shot up from his seat and walked up to her.

Vena rolled her eyes at that.

"My Princess"
He kissed the back of her hand.

"What is this place?"

"This used to be an underground hiding place for old Kings, I have converted it to our secret meeting room".  "Bianca, you have met Hector, now let me introduce you to Victor, Derrick and Richard".
He pointed to the three men, who each greeted the women.

Then he pointed at Vethruk.
"This is Vethruk"

Kira knew she has heard that name somewhere... "Vethruk? The same Vethruk the terror?"

"Yes, that story King Grayson told you all at that party. Only a handful of my men know that I did not kill Vethruk. The whole story about them being rebels was made up, now that I think of it, by King Grayson himself. He just wanted me to annihilate their entire clan for his gain"..."Last but not least, this is Vena, Vethruk's daughter".

Kira felt insecure seeing Vena there but did not want to dwell on that.

Vena gave a fake smile.  "Welcome, your highness. How is your husband, Prince Edrin?"

The way she emphasized the word, 'husband', made it clear to Kira what her intentions were. 

"Come sit down, my princess".   Jared hated what Vena was trying to do. As it stands, Kira could be in more danger than him, what Bianca said the previous night replayed in his mind.

He pulled out the empty seat beside his own for her.  After the two women had taken their respective seats, he sat down as well.

"We called you here, my princess because we feel you might be in danger".

"Tell me something I don't know". She stared down at her hands placed on the table.

Jared looked slightly perplexed at her statement.  "What happened?"

"Grayson always threatens me in Edrin's absence".
She looked into his eyes.

"What does he say?"

"He says he will deal with me when the time is right".

Jared placed his hand on hers.   "Nothing will happen to you, I promise".

She nodded.   "Thank you".

He then turned his attention to the other people at the table, who had been watching the two of them. He cleared his throat and began to address the issue at hand;

"I spent the whole night going through the documents Lischan had sent me through Hector. The conclusion I have drawn is, Grayson has always been involved in illegal activities even before he became my father's chief advisor. A man like that knows how to cover his tracks well. Therefore, the best way to bring him down would be to gather as much evidence as we possibly can against him".

"But who do we present the evidence to? King Grayson has so many supporters, all the nobles answer to him no matter what he does". Said, Richard.

"We present the evidence to someone with the power to take away his title, the Aakhian Empress... Many of you may not know this, but the Aakhian empire is like the mother of the western kingdoms, including Verthona.  A constitution was drafted over five hundred years ago that clearly states, that if a King of one of the western nations is not doing right by his people, then they should lay complaints to the Aakhian emperor.  He has the power to demand that the King steps down.  This constitution was swept under the rug by King Gerome II, who declared that the rule of law should not be taught in schools. We are going to use that constitution against King Grayson. Empress Zhin Xhi-Lan will have to hear us whether she likes it or not, the Dumal organization does operate on the Aakhian soil, therefore, this concerns her as well".

"How do we get an audience with her without alerting King Grayson?". Asked Victor.

"Don't worry about it, I have a plan".

"How can I be of help?".  Asked Kira, with a look of worry on her beautiful face.

"You just have to stay safe. I suspect that King Grayson will try to kill you, then marry Edrin off to Empress Zhin Xhi Lan's third daughter, Zhin Jo Kwan... I wish there was a way to keep you out of the castle until you deliver".

She saw genuine concern in his eyes, this melted her heart. He noticed how she blushed, even though she tried to hide it. He could not stop himself from smiling at her futile efforts. She returned his smile.

While they were sharing a moment, Vena's blood was boiling... "Your majesty".

The two lovebirds broke eye contact, which was what she wanted.

Jared focused on her, "Yes, Miss Vena?".

"I just want to let you know that I will help you in any way I can, as I am very fit to do so".

The last part was aimed at Kira. It made her feel useless.

Vena continued,   "I will have some of the female warriors join in, you need as much help as you can g..."

Jared shook his head, "Thank you Miss Vena, but this is a game of the mind, not physical strength. I don't think we would need them".

"Don't say that, they might come in handy". She insisted.

"Don't you realize that we are trying to hide underground. It will not be a good idea to invite more people here. I have enough men, thank you for offering".

She got annoyed, pushed back her chair and got up. She glared at Kira for a long time, before she walked off.

Jared had to continue the meeting as there was no time for delays.

***

After the meeting was adjourned, Kira was about to leave with Bianca when Jared called her. Bianca excused herself and left to wait in another room with the other men.

"My Princess, how are you feeling today?"

"I am fine, your Majesty".  She smiled as she said that last part.

He involuntarily blushed at what she just called him. Kira caught this and widened her smile.

They both sat back down at the table.
He started, "I need you to know that Vena and I have nothing to do with each other, she is just Vethruk's daughter to me, that is all".

"I have no right to that information.."

"No no, you need to know".  He held her hand in his.

"Jared, I know that when you become King, you will need a Queen by your side. Sadly, I won't be that person. Vena, she seems to be a strong woman, exactly what you need. I am not that".

"Don't say that my Princess, you are the bravest and strongest woman I know".

"Just call me Kira, please".

"Okay, Kira".

"I have to go now".

"Stay a bit longer..."

***

Bianca was in the next room, waiting patiently for Kira to come out so that they can leave.
The men were busy conversing and making jokes amongst themselves, but she did not mingle with them. She just stood in the corner, minding her own business, when Hector came from behind her holding a chair in his hands.

"My Lady".

She looked his way, perplexed.

"Have a seat".
He placed the chair near her and went to join the other men in the corner.
She sat down, not sure what to make out of his kindness.

A while later, Kira came out and they both left, accompanied by Richard this time.

***

  That night, Vena sat down in her room sulking. If sadness was a perfume, then she wore its fragrance.

Her father knocked, she let him in and went to sit back down on her bed.

He stood beside the door, observing his precious little girl.
"How my princess doing?".

"I'm not sure".
She frowned, looking down at her hand.

"I know you love Jared"

She looked at him surprised. 
"Who told you that, papa?"

"It is obvious; the way you behave when he mention Kira..."

"I hate him, papa".

"I know. I hate him too because he make you cry".

He took a seat on the bed, beside her.
"My dear, I will advise you not think about him".

"What?"
She stood up abruptly. "What are you saying, Papa?"

"You will only get hurt. Imagine me being with someone not your mother. That will be disaster. I..."

A knock on the door, made him pause his speech. Vena went to open it and saw none other than Victor.

"What does the dog want?", She spat, before turning her back on him.

"Vethruk, can I talk to your daughter for a second?"

Vethruk growled at him, but he stood his ground.

"Papa, please go. I want to hear what the talking dog has to say".

Vethruk left them both inside but not before giving Victor a warning look.. which of course, he(Victor) did not take seriously.

He shut the door after Vethruk left and walked over to Vena who still had her back turned on him.

"When will you stop making a fool of yourself? Vena, daughter of Vethruk".

"What?"
She turned to him angrily, but because Victor was already standing close behind her, their lips brushed against each other.

She pulled back immediately and wiped her lips.   "Disgusting dog!"

He smiled.  "What does that make you since you kissed a dog?"

"I did not kiss you, idiot!"

"That is not what my imagination says".    He joked.

"I hate you so much! You are like your master, always doing stupid things".

"Does that mean you can have the same feelings for me as you have for him?"

"I don't know what you are talking about". She folded her arms on her chest.

"I know you love Jared and I understand you completely".

"Put your mouth in your pocket, dog!".

"Dogs don't have pockets, so-".

She grunted in frustration.

"Fine, I will mind my business". He smiled at her and turned to leave.

"Wait"

"Yes?".     He faced her again.

"Do you think I will ever have a chance?"

"No"

She sighed. "Okay, thank you".

"Thank you? That's a first".
Victor saw the sad look in her eyes.  He didn't know if he should just leave her that way, or try to cheer her up. It's not his problem anyway, so who cares?

Stepping out of her room, he heard a sniffing sound behind him. He turned his head in her direction, to see that her face was wet with stubborn tears. 

He walked back to her.
"Ei, ei... why are you crying?".

She did the most surprising thing;  She hugged him and cried on his shoulder.
He was shocked at first but held her in a warm embrace, while she let out all her sadness. At that moment, he promised himself that he would never let her cry, ever.

***

Queen Violet was having her evening bath when she heard a noise come from her bedroom behind her.

"Who's there?!"
She asked aloud.

No response.

She shook it off and continued to relax in her bathtub.

Another noise got her attention...

"Who is there? You better show yourself or I will have the guards deal with you!"

Suddenly, the bedroom light went off, and there were shuffling sounds coming from the bedroom. She got up immediately, covered herself with her robe, picked up a lit candle, and walked slowly into her bedroom...

"Ah!... Oh It's you. You frightened me, Lila. Why are you here my dear?".
She placed her hand on her chest to calm her racing heart.

Lila smiled mysteriously.
"I am here to get rid of that which stands in my way".

The Queen looked perplexed.
"What are you talking about dear, what is in your way?".

"You".
In the blink of an eye, she drove a dagger into the Queen's neck.

The Queen held onto Lila's shoulders refusing to let go, attempting to scream for the guards but only blood spewed out of her mouth.

  On seeing that she was refusing to die, Lila pulled out the dagger in her neck and stuck it in her chest this time. That was the final blow for the Queen.

She fell to the ground with her lifeless eyes wide open, blood flowing out of her mouth and the two places she was stabbed.

Lila smiled victoriously.
"If I can't have Edrin, I will have the King then"

Author's note: 
Good day, how is your day? Vote and comment, I beg you.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 73.6K 104
Pushing him away from her, she screamed at him ; " This wedding was an option for you.. But not for me.! You really think that if given the opportuni...
249K 9.6K 26
"You still love her? What do you mean by that? you love her when you are the cause of her sorrow? you love her? don't forget the fact that you were...
28.2K 1.1K 47
~"You don't- you don't need me." I stared in shock. This was the first shred of emotion he'd shown since he started avoiding me, and I had no idea ho...
136K 5.2K 60
**** COMPLETE **** This novel centers around Faith, a young black woman in her early 20s that's given up on the thought of love. That is until she fi...