Heir of shadows

By Katie4026

Elowyn Castillo was a warrior aswell as a princess and a powerful witch but what will she be when the goddess... More

Introduction
Shadows
The letter
The sword fight
The figure
Decade dance
The truth .... the full story
Fires die down
Ice melts
The sun goes behind the clouds
Rain dries up...
Stars stop shining
Sacrifice
Nightmare
Return
Pranked
Noelani
The past has a funny way of becoming the present
Nobodys safe
Nobodys safe pt 2
So vampires really do sleep in coffins?
Dangerous woman
Bad blood
Young and beautiful
Runaway
Somebody i used to know...
You're just a man...

Youre somebody else

141 3 2
By Katie4026

The howls echoed through the brush of the dark forest. I could see the glimmer of their bright yellow eyes, so inhuman, they were the colour of the lanterns that I used to release into the night sky with my brothers and sisters in the tradition of the royal family. Now the colour curses my vision and messes with my mind. Their leader had incredible power, stolen from those who worked against me,so many moons ago. He approached as his pack Scavenged the forest looking for their next meals, they'd assume to be me.
But he didn't, he stepped forward, in his human-esque form and stared into my eyes. His eyes were filled with nothing but hatred and murder, his smirk revealed bloodied fangs that had claimed the lives of many.
" Hello, daughter." He growled.

Sweat trickled down my neck and forehead, I gasped for air as if it was my first breath after being reborn. The dream felt so real, it felt like I was there like was really there... before I could think the door to my bedroom burst open, it revealed two familiar faces.

" Hey, Winnie," Damon smirked, but his smirk was quick to fade when he saw my face, I don't know what he saw on my face. Maybe it was the pure horror my face held or maybe it was my bed head but it was something to cause the Damon Salvatore, famous for his annoying smirks to stop smirking. Caroline was behind him, she rushed forward with a swift whoosh and engulfed me in just about the tightest hug I've ever been given. I melted into her embrace as she stroked my head, running her fingers through my hair in hopes of easing my mood. She stopped after a minute or so and pulled back. She held my shoulders as she stared into my eyes. I furrowed my eyebrows and stared behind her at Damon who shrugged his shoulders.

" Care...?" I asked. She nodded.

" what is happening right now?" I asked in confusion.

" Your eyes..." she mumbled and got up to stand with Damon at the far side of the room away from my bed. I threw the sheets off my partially exposed body, I was wearing little to nothing. Only wearing a pale blue bra that was slightly lined and laced, my shorts hung low,below my stomach, comfortably. I tiredly walked across the room towards my standing mirror. I wasn't expecting to see what I saw.

My eyes. They were not their usual plain brown, no, they were bright purple, shimmering like stars and reflecting every bit of light my windows provided, making them seem angelic. They were breathtaking, they could not be mine. I touched my eye with my fingers, it had to be just the light.

" are they..." I mumbled, they both nodded furiously fast.

"How," I mumbled to myself. I had thought it was a dream...but maybe it was more than a dream. Maybe it was an enchantment, an enchantment that left my eyes a crystalline purple, shimmering with golden highlights in the form of stars.

They left my room after that. I sat there in front of the mirror trying to get in contact with the goddess. I had so many questions. But nothing was working, no spell, nothing. So I decided to work on another project but for this one I needed help. I dialled Bonnie's number, and it began to ring. After the second ring, she answered.

"Hello?" 

" Hey Bonnie, it's me, Elowyn. I was just wondering if you may want to go on a run with me? I just really need to ask you something,"

" oh um... well, I'm kind of with Jeremy right now, maybe later?" I sighed.

" Oh no it's alright, thank you anyways." I hung up.

I flipped through the book and ran my finger down the page until I met her name on the list. She resided in Calamine hall near the university. It was nice to know she'd enjoyed school. I stood up and walked to my closet where I pieced together a nice outfit, it was a hot summery day so I'd need to wear thin short layers.

 So I now stand fully clothed in front of my mirror, clothed in a cropped white tank with dainty little blue flowers and a small pale blue bow placed perfectly center on the top, I also wear Levi's denim Jean shorts, they had been worn out from my gardening with flora. Speaking of flora, she's been living in the far forest of the house old Salvatore property with the other fawns and she has been incredibly happy there, I check on her every day making sure she is okay and because I have to make sure that no one else in my life is harmed. 

Today I must find my daughter. My daughter who has been alive for centuries- my daughter who may not even know of my existence let alone my relation and my being. She must have suspected of my being and her fathers being considering the fact that she is immortal... but then again she never knew her parents. and as I stood in front of my mirror lost in my own mind- and seemingly my own gaze staring back at me, I realized, her life was so much different than mine. i missed all the good and bad between all those centuries while she lasted and lived and watched as her friends and family members died all around her. she must've felt so unbelievably alone, just as i had when i gave birth to her very life. I have so many questions, my mind is becoming overworked as my brain floods, needing answers to calm the storm. I pushed the questions back and grabbed my phone, sliding it into my back pocket i reached a hand up to twist the knob and pull the large 9-foot door open, i never understood why the doors were so large and i guess i never will. I walked into the hall to find a rather suspiciously quiet discussion between Damon and Elena. Elena shushes him with a look and turns to face me with a fake smile, which, naturally I return. 

"Hey Elowyn, where are you going?" she asks me. 

"Nosy are we?" I joke, Damon smirks, Elena does not. Her face reddens to a deep red- almost violet, and she shrinks in her seat, as if my question mocked her entire existence. 

"no... sorry- I just-" she mumbles, I giggle at her expression. although mean, it's hard not to. 

"it's okay Elena, I was just joking," I assure her, Damon really has a way of getting to people. 

"Continue with your 'discreet' conversation, as you were." I wave my hand at them shortly before I turn to head down the stairs. 

As I reach the bottom I hear the arguing continue, Elena seems to be scolding Damon which intrigues me but doesn't surprise me in the slightest- he can be a prick often. As I approach the door I wonder can Stefan hear this? most likely- especially if i can. With his vampiric hearing, he could probably piece together each and every one of their conversations even if they were spoken in whispers, which Damon very clearly knew. I didn't bother to worry myself what trouble Damon has gotten into this time since my mind was imprisoned by worries of another. I focused on the happiness I would feel once I met my daughter as I drove towards her. The drive only ended up taking about 20 minutes since the traffic was practically non-existent, so I arrived at the front entrance of the university quite quickly. Somehow my phone managed to ring right as I turned off the engine, I picked up the violet-cased phone and let the screen shine bright, revealing the caller. 

"Nik" 

Answer? or Decline?

Answer.

"Whats up? "

"I just heard some rather, fascinating news, would you care to hear?"

"Yes, tell me."

"Apparently there is a certain someone in town by the name of Quinn Mayfield who seems to have quite a relation to you, my love."

My voice seems to have seeped out of me, washed away in an ocean of thoughts and possibilities. What has he heard? What does he know? What has he done? I know of the temper that he has, I just pray that it hasn't put Quinn in danger. 

When I don't answer, he takes that as a confirmation of my knowledge of Quinn. After a few minutes of silence I hear a whoosh and I know he is behind me, I hang up the phone and do not dare to turn around. 

"Tell me, love." He starts, his tone is icy, and although his words may sound sweet there is a threat laying beneath the surface. "Why is it that you know Quinn Mayfield?" His fingertips glide across my cheek and reach my chin where he lifts it up to meet his gaze, one of anger and frustration.

"I knew him as a child." That is all I can think to say, It is technically the truth just not the complete and total truth, it's missing a few details. Like the fact that he got me pregnant and then showed up centuries later looking for our departed daughter.

"Ah I see." He says with the click of his tongue, I can hear the anger radiating off him, but I don't know why, surely he'd had past relationships, it cannot be a surprise that I have as well. I stare up into his baby blue eyes. I resist the urge to reach my hand up to his temple and lay my fingertips upon his skin, I want him to see that Quinn no longer holds my love. But I dont. He is far too angry. 

"And I would believe you, if I hadn't compelled him to tell me the truth ten minutes ago," A vein arrises between his brows and reaches to his forehead. 

No. No. No. Please no. He's all I have left of my home. Other than a daughter who doesn't know I am her mother. 

"What did he tell you?" I ask, because if I were to plead for Quinn's life that would show just how much I care about him and I don't know how that would go.

"Oh not much, other than the fact that you two slept together so so many moons ago, and are the only remaining of your people. "  He drops his hand, and stares at his palm. When he says those last words his expression softens, but his anger does not soothe. 

"How do you know him?" I ask him. He refuses to lift his chin and look me in the eyes as he speaks, I know this is not because of shame or sadness, he is proud and angry- a volatile combination.

"We were brothers in arms, until he killed the girl I fancied and tried to kill me in my sleep when he found out what I was, he fled to your village shortly after and I never saw him again, so this is a rather intriguing surprise." I had never known of Quinn's previous life, I had never known of that side of him. A million questions run through my mind, a million contradictions as well. 

"I hadn't known," I mumble softly, he nods as if he knew this fact already. 

"Nik please, please don't hurt him," I beg whilst reaching out to touch his hand, he lets his hand linger only so long that our fingers brush momentarily, and then quickly pulls away. I can't see his face but I see the muscles in his back tense as he hears my pleads for another mans life, for his enemies life. 

"Too late," he says with way too much satisfaction, I can't control the tears that begin streaming down my face. He turns just as they reach my lips, and wipes them right off, I slap his hand away. Anger seethes beneath my skin, coursing through my veins and rushing to my heart. My heart aches for my first love- one whom I am in love with no longer but one whom I share a daughter with- my heart aches for my sweet daughter who shall never meet her father all because of the man I am truly in love with.

"If you hurt him, I swear to the goddess I will leave your ass and do everything in my power to make sure your life is a living hell." I threaten, afraid, so very afraid it's not enough. But also so afraid that I will have to leave him, to forget him. Forget his touch, forget his voice, his protectiveness. But I will. I will not lose the last shred of my home, of my family. 

"HOW DARE YOU THREATEN ME!" His voice ricochets through the air, I don't look around me to see if anyone is staring because I am staring at him, my fists clench at my sides, magic flares beneath my skin begging to be freed- to relieve my anger. My fingernails dig into my palms. thin trails of ruby fall upon the dusty stones. Beautiful red roses burst from between the cracks from my pain. 

"HOW DARE YOU YELL AT ME, YOU DON'T GET TO DO THAT! NOT AFTER YOU KIDNAPPED THE ONLY PERSON WHO I CAN RELATE TO, THE LAST OF MY ORGINAL FAMILY, THE PERSON WHO HAS KNOWN ME THE LONGEST!" I scream as loud as my voice will allow because I will not let this man yell at me and cower in his rage. He grips my arm tightly, as if he had never caressed my skin, never held me, as if he only held resentment in his heart.

"He will be dead by sunrise, right after I find out what he knows about my family," He confirms, I try to pull out of his grip but I can't, so so many emotions course through my veins. Anger. Sadness. Disbelief. Confusion. Annoyance. I feel a sudden urge of power. My hands tingle as the power deepens and strengthens. 

"Let. Him. Go." I demand, my voice low and daring.

"I will let him go under one condition." He negotiates, I am open to hear this. I nod, and allow him to continue.

"That he never speaks to you nor comes close to you for as long as he lives,"

"Fine-" I start before he cuts me off, "Deal, shake on it." He tries to reach for my hand, but I hold it in the air, he cocks his head to the side before I speak, "I have not yet made my deal," 

"If I find out that you have touched him, or had someone else touch him, I will send the wrath of the goddess upon you, AND, I get to see him one last time, at a time of my choosing." he considers it, and agrees with a nod, our fingers intertwine in a different way than normal. A manner  filled with hate and hostility. I stare into his crystal eyes one last time, searching for even a single ounce of love or affection but all I see is a burning desire for revenge, a gaze so aggravated and betrayed. 

"Hoc autem nostrum consensum firmum et perpetuum sigillum nostrum in vita nostra firmamus" I mumble a spell that binds our agreement, a spell he did not agree to, a spell that ensures both sides hold up their end. An everlasting bind upon our lives. With the end of the shake of our hands he is gone, whisked away in the shallow breeze. 

And as I stand here I understand why his reputation is what it is. I just hope he understands that my reputation doesn't do my abilities justice. 

Strangers to lovers to enemies? Whats next?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 113 33
The Bennett sisters fight to learn what it means to be witches in a world filled with supernatural creatures.
140K 4.7K 77
❛ī¸Ž 𝘠𝘰đ˜ļđ˜ŗ 𝘱đ˜ŗđ˜Ļ𝘤đ˜Ē𝘰đ˜ļ𝘴 𝘩đ˜Ļđ˜ĸđ˜ŗđ˜ĩ 𝘊đ˜ĸđ˜¯'đ˜ĩ 𝘸đ˜ĸđ˜ĩ𝘤𝘩 đ˜Ēđ˜ĩ đ˜Ŗđ˜ŗđ˜Ļđ˜ĸđ˜Ŧ ❜ī¸Ž 𝙄đ™Ŗ đ™Ŧ𝙝𝙞𝙘𝙝, 𝙚đ™Ģ𝙚đ™Ŗ 𝙞đ™Ŗ 𝙙𝙚𝙖𝙩𝙝 𝙖đ™Ŗ 𝙚đ™Ģ𝙞𝙡 đ™Ŧ𝙞𝙩𝙘𝙝 īŋŊ...
339K 9.2K 57
𝐀đĨ𝐰𝐚𝐲đŦ 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐅𝐨đĢđžđ¯đžđĢ | ❝đ™Ŧ𝙚 đ™Ŧ𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙖 𝙨𝙩𝙧𝙖đ™Ŗ𝙜𝙚 𝙡𝙤đ™Ģ𝙚, 𝙝𝙞đ™ĸ 𝙖đ™Ŗ𝙙 𝙞; 𝙩īŋŊ...
6.3K 240 12
TVD SEASON 2 TO TBD KLAUS MIKAELSON X OC