Robbing the decade between us

By Antusama

"Girl, I'm not kidding. I'm actually going to kill you,"Baekhyun said while pointing his gun straight at her... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30

Chapter 22

152 11 0
By Antusama

Times started flying quickly.

Days started to turn into months. Months also started passing by quickly. The rainy season turned into winter. Bonds grew stronger. People got more attached to each other.

Jian overcame that rainy season without any trouble, of course with the help of Baekhyun. Jian had as promised aced her finals. They had gotten into their senior and last year of higher school and spent almost half of it nicely. Jian and Jaemin were studying hard to get into a good college. Jian's grandma couldn't be more proud.

The group of five, Jian, Baekhyun, Jaemin, Chenle and Taehyung grew closer than ever. They spent Christmas together, spent the first snow together, went shopping, played games, bickered, watched movies, had game nights, did so much together.

Baekhyun was also doing small missions. Those were definitely not on his level but he needed to do something at least.

Everything was going so well until after Christmas. And as soon as Christmas left a sudden news came.

On the cold night before New Year's Eve Jian was sleeping in her bedroom with layers of blankets on her. She woke up by the sudden knock on her door and Baekhyun calling her from outside,"Jian-ah, get up!"

Jian was confused and looked at the clock. It was 1 am in a cold ass night in the end of December. What could Baekhyun possibly want now?

Jian sighed and opened the door to be face to face with Baekhyun who didn't look sleepy at all. He looked rather excited?

Jian was confused. And the thing he said next made her even more confused.

"You wanna go steal Minhee's designer handbag?"Baekhyun asked, excitedly.

"What.."

"Didn't you say you wanted to teach Minhee a lesson after what she's done to Jaemin? And she even sent bullies after you. Trust me now is the perfect time, literally no one would suspect us! And isn't this an amazing and super cool way to end the year?"

Jian was getting more and more confused.

"Come on, we don't have much time,"He then handed her a pair of gloves,"Wash your face, wear these, wear a padded coat and come out. Quickly!"

As Jian washed her face, reality was starting to sink in. She did tell Baekhyun that she wanted to steal Minhee's bag and that would teach her a lesson. Jian still feels the same. But she is kinda scared as well. But she is excited too. She is feeling all sorts of things. Both good and bad.

It feels like she's going on a big mission with the one and only Night Rain.

As she wore the gloves Baekhyun gave her and her padded coat and stepped outside she saw Baekhyun blowing air out of his mouth. He smiled when he saw Jian.

"Tonight I'm gonna show you that stealing is an art. Not everyone can do that."

Jian felt an adrenaline rush inside of her. She was ready.

Is this what Baekhyun feels in all of his missions?

"Weren't you telling me how you were going to show me that stealing is an art? Is this art?"Jian asked completely unamused,"Climbing pipes?"

Currently they were in Minhee's backyard and were standing in-front of a pipe leading to Minhee's bathroom. Baekhyun claims that they would have to climb it to go up and while coming out they have to climb down. He has taken this decision after observing Minhee's family for long and apparently it's the safest way.

"Can we just not take the door? I know the pass.."

"Her dad sometimes falls asleep in the living room? What if he hears us coming in? You and me both will have to spend New Years in prison,"Baekhyun said,"Now stop being a whiny little brat and climb it."

Jian sighed,"Fine, whatever. But if I fall and break my limbs, you are fucking paying for my hospital bills."

"You won't. And if you do, I'd be there to catch you," Baekhyun showed his famous eye smile as he said that.

Jian looked away. She feels weird every time he smiles like that and she doesn't know if this feeling is good or bad.

Jian sighed. Got her padded coat off to avoid any falling hazard and took of her shoes as per Baekhyun's instruction to avoid leaving any shoe marks in her bathroom. She then held the pipe, ready to climb it. The pipe was freezing cold and she could feel the cold through the gloves Baekhyun had handed her to avoid leaving fingerprints on anything. And she climbed. Climbing was kinda hard, taking into consideration that she has never done before. And the cold pipe wasn't helping. But Baekhyun being down there to catch her, helped her feel relieved and climb up without any worry.

She managed to jump inside through the window Minhee left unlocked. She landed on her bathroom floor, which hurt a little bit but she was okay nonetheless. Baekhyun climbed up soon and they quietly ended Minhee's room through the bathroom door. Minhee was sleeping soundly in her room, tucked under her huge blanket completely. Jian and Baekhyun took this opportunity to search her whole house for the bag. Baekhyun did most of it as Jian was a bit scared of making a noise while rummaging through her things in the darkness.

After a long while of searching they still couldn't find the bag anywhere. They had an emergency whisper meeting in the bathroom where Baekhyun said,"I think we will have to search the other rooms too. It might be in her little sister's room?"

Jian thought for awhile. There's no way Minhee is going to let her sister take the bag. Jian knows as she heard a rumor in school that Minhee's sister was eyeing her bag and was trying to snatch her one and only designer item. And Minhee was fed up with it. She didn't want her sister to touch it or even look at it. She had recently installed a fancy lock on her school locker.

Jian looked at Baekhyun,"Might be useless, the bag might be in Minhee's school locker."

"What? Why?"

"She absolutely hated that her sister was trying to take it. So that's probably why she installed a lock in her school locker!"

"Makes sense,"Baekhyun nodded,"So let's not waste any time here and go to your school."

Jian nodded.

Baekhyun got down the pipe first so he could catch Jian Incase she slips and falls. Getting down was way scarier than getting up. At one point Jian did slip and fell completely in Baekhyun's arms. Thankfully she was fine and she quickly pushed away from the embrace. Baekhyun was asking her whether or not she was okay.

Jian was thanking God so much that it was dark and he couldn't see her cheeks that were definitely tomato red.

It was really late and really cold. So really no one around was awake. Even the guard of their school. He was also taking a nap in the small guardhouse beside the gate. So it was easy for Jian and Baekhyun to sneak in. They had to jump over the boundary wall but it was way easier than climbing the pipe. With their phone flashlights in hand they quickly went to the locker room and found Minhee's locker. The lock she had installed had so many mechanisms Jian didn't understand any of it. She was worried. But Baekhyun proudly said,"There's no lock in the world that the Night Rain with a chopstick can't open!"

This announcement was followed by him actually getting a chopstick out of his pocket. All Jian could do was flash the light on the lock and stare being shocked at how skillfully Baekhyun was working and how quickly he actually managed to open that complicated lock without breaking it. The locket opened and viola the bag was there. They quickly took the bag out and put it in a blue plastic disposable bag Baekhyun had brought and decided to throw it away at the very end of the park where no one goes. If anyone finds it and gives it back to Minhee, oh well, but they're sure in the mean time Minhee would've learnt her lesson. But if they don't, they don't.

It was already 3:10 by the time they had returned home from their late night caper mission. Both of them were really happy. Jian knows what she did was not morally correct but Minhee bullies people, cheated on Jaemin God knows how many times. She deserves it. Jian was about to go to her room to go back to sleep even though she knows she won't be able to sleep easily as tonight's actions are gonna play like an action movie in her mind but Baekhyun stopped her.

"Hey, do you want a cup of coffee? I really want to drink something warm,"Baekhyun said.

Coffee never bothered her sleep so Jian agreed and brought the portable heater from her room to the living room and sat there while Baekhyun made coffee for both of them.

Jian was shaking her legs in excitement of what she actually did today. That too with the Night Rain! It's gonna be one of the coolest experiences of her life.

Baekhyun soon came back with two mugs of warm coffees and sat beside her on the sofa,"Here you go, problem child."

Jian looked at him after taking the mug,"Thank you, parental figure."

Baekhyun glared at her and then started lecturing like he usually does,"Jian-ah, know that it's an one time thing. Don't actually go around stealing people's stuff. It's dangerous."

"Look who's lecturing me on stealing,"Jian said as took a sip of her coffee.

"And also don't go out so late at night. It's really dangerous. Really,"Baekhyun said.

"Yes, Mr.Boomer. I won't."

"And study hard for your finals and the you have your csats next November, right? You gotta get into the best college there is. So stay away from all of this delinquency and trouble, do you get it?"

Jian paused. This isn't Baekhyun's usual way of nagging and lecturing. Something is up. Baekhyun is hiding something. Jian should've known that this sudden late night blast had to have a reason behind it but she was too excited that she didn't think much.

"Baekhyun?"

"Hmm?"

"You've something to tell me, don't you?" Jian asked. Her heart was beating fast with an unusual feeling of worry and fear.

Baekhyun looked fidgety suddenly as if he didn't know what to say or how to say. He kept the coffee mug on the table and looked directly at Jian,"Jian-ah?"

"Yes?"

"Umm..I'll have to go back to Seoul."

Jian froze. So many emotions went through her mind right that second. She always knew Baekhyun's stay wasn't permanent. He was just staying here because there was some problem that occurred in Seoul that Jian has no idea about. Looks like the issue is solved and he would have to go back to his normal life. But why is Jian feeling like this when she very well knew that this was going to happen one day?

Baekhyun saw Jian's sudden change of expression and he looked away before continuing,"The issue has been resolved. And my hyung wants me to go back to Seoul as soon as possible. I managed to get him to wait till the New Years."

"So you're leaving..?"

"The day after tomorrow. I've already told grandma and the others.."

"Am I the last one to know?"

Baekhyun nodded.

That explains why grandma, Jaemin and Chenle were acting a bit off.

"I wanted to tell you this myself tonight. That's why I planned all this."

"Ah! I see,"Jian said while trying to be as normal as possible.

"And I'm not going away forever. I'm gonna visit pretty often. And I'm still in that group chat and will always be available for phone calls. So.."

"Baekhyun-ah, it's okay,"No, it's not," I will be fine," Will I?,"Stop worrying about me."

Baekhyun paused before turning to her,"Jian-ah, You're right. I am very worried about you. I'm afraid you're gonna lose all your development. I'm worried you're gonna go back to your old rebel self. Grandma is too. So please..if you ever feel like that again call me. I promise, I will be available for you."

"What an honor!"Jian tried to joke but she doesn't know how much that worked,"I will be fine, Baekhyun-ah. I'm not the old Jian anymore."

Baekhyun smiled a bit.

"And you are totally overestimating yourself. You are not that important,"Jian said and chuckled.

Baekhyun also chuckled, taking his coffee back and saying,"Listen, I might not be here physically but I will watch over you. And you better give me all the tea about your life."

Jian chuckled at his poor attempt of using the word 'tea', "I sure will, Boomer."

"And take care of grandma,"Baekhyun said. Baekhyun was about to go on another full on lecture mode but Jian stopped him before that,"Okay Okay, I get it. I will take care of grandma and won't act wack. Okay? And if I do I'm sure Jaemin would be the first to tell you. That snake."

Baekhyun smiled,"Yeah, you're right. Anyway we can be sad later. I have a whole day of events planned for tomorrow!"

"Who's being sad? I'm rather happy that I wouldn't have to deal with your nagging Ass all the time."

Baekhyun glared at her but soon they both burst into chuckles

Then they both proceeded to finish their coffees and bicker as if nothing had happened.

Both of them were really good at hiding what they were actually feeling inside. And none of those feelings were good. None of them were able to believe that they won't have one of these nights where they both are awake and can spend the whole night bickering with each other for a long long time.

The next day was filled with feelings being hidden, putting on a normal face around others, a lot of enjoyable activities and games, a goodbye party for Baekhyun, welcoming the new year together. The whole night the five of them stayed awake, started a small bonfire in the backyard, grilled a lot of food, played music, sang, told so many stories, laughed wholeheartedly. Grandma was watching them from inside and she couldn't hide the huge smile on her face. The five of them are so different from each other. Who knew that the five of them could click and become so close?

To Jian this night felt like a movie. As she munched her marshmallow and looked around the laughing faces of her friends, especially Baekhyun she thought she wouldn't mind too much if the time stopped right now forever.

The next afternoon, saying goodbye was hard. Jian didn't want to make a big deal out of it and kept telling herself that Baekhyun had to leave eventually anyway and she would just fine without him and she could leave more freely because there was no one to dictate and nag at her for everything. But when she stepped into the living room and came face to face with Baekhyun whose luggage was already in the car Taehyung had brought with him, she was about to lose it.

Baekhyun smiled at her slightly. He was holding the Bambi she had given him in his hand securely.

He had already said goodbye to everyone already and only Jian was left. He walked towards her and stopped a few inches away. He also looked like he didn't know how to say anything.

"Umm..Jian-ah. I'm gonna take my leave now."

Jian nodded,"Have a safe.."

"Please don't do anything stupid cause I'm not here,"Baekhyun said and got a paper out of his pocket and handed it to Jian,"Here are a few rules. Follow them while I'm gone. You are gonna regret if you break any of them. So be careful."

Jian took the paper and looked at the rules. It was the same barely understandable handwriting of his writing about seventeen rules.

"Don't you dare underage drink again."

"Don't you dare go out at night after 9."

"If rain scares you just contact me or anyone before doing anything stupid."

This brought back memories of the time where he first started staying home and both of them gave each other a set of rules. Oh how far they came from there!

Jian scoffed seeing the rules,"Okay mom."

Baekhyun glared at her,"I'm really serious."

Jian folded the paper back and looked at Baekhyun seriously and reassuringly,"I will be fine, Baekhyun."

Baekhyun seemed a bit reassured. He smiled,"And I will visit.."

"Yeah!! We get it. Stop rambling the same thing!! Oh my God! Mr. Boomer."

That made both Baekhyun and Jian chuckle while looking at each other.

Taehyung peaked inside and shouted,"Hyung, we will get late. We better get going."

"Oh! Coming."

Baekhyun then turned to Jian again and said,"I will actually go now."

"Yeah you should."

Baekhyun hesitated a bit before offering his hand for a handshake. Jian took it and said,"Take care, Baekhyun. And thank you for everything. Really."

Baekhyun smiled slightly,"Thank you too."

The handshake went longer than planned. No one was letting go first.
A small part of Jian didn't want to let the hand go and she knew if she held his hand longer it would be impossible to let go. So she did what her head told her to do to break the awkward tension of the room. She dug her nails in his palm..like their very first handshake. She didn't dig in to hard this time though.

"Ouch!"Baekhyun said while taking his hand away.

Jian smirked.

Baekhyun was shaking his hand and frowned at her,"You won't ever change would you, problem child?"

"Guilty, mr.boomer!"

Baekhyun shook his head,"Come drop me at the door."

Jian nodded and followed his to the front door where the others already were. Saw him get in the car. Waved him bye and watched them drive way and stayed there until the car disappeared from the sight.

Jaemin and Chenle soon went home and Jian came inside with grandma. She was acting as if she's completely fine. As if she wasn't noticing how quiet the house already felt.

As she came in her room she took the folded paper with rules out of her pocket and stuck it on her study table with a scotch tape. As she stared at Baekhyun's childlike handwriting and his ridiculous set of rules, she was feeling really weird.

Why do I feel like I'm gonna cry?

On the other hand on the ride to Seoul, Taehyung looked over to the passenger seat to see Baekhyun holding his Bambi plushie securely.

"Hyung, do you want me to help you keep the plushie in the trun.."

"No, it stays with me. Focus on driving."

Taehyung shrugged and focused on driving. He never understood his hyung's weird obsession with this Bambi doll. He doesn't even let him touch it. Ever. And why is Baekhyun looking so sad?

Shouldn't he be ecstatic going to Seoul? To go back to his huge ass apartment and sleep comfortably there? He would be able to execute all the big missions comfortably? And it's not even like he won't be able to meet Jian and others ever.

Taehyung again shook his head.

He really sometimes doesn't understand Baekhyun.

___________________________

A/N:

I'm kinda sad that Baek had to leave.😭

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.3K 697 44
The title itself suggest that that this is going to be funny.... Those of you who haven't read my other book on exo... it's also exo scenarios but...
19.9K 127 21
~Girl you dress to impress, I embrace you, I wanna get you in bed huh~ . . . please read the warnings in above the stories before start reading the...
133 7 4
This fanfic is also on AsianFanFics. [http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/677536/] An ExoGeneration fanfic by nieex_ - "No, go away! I said I'm no...
6.6K 325 27
"Yah! delete that picture or else"- Baekhyun yelled at Taeyeon as he trying to get the phone. "or else what?"- Taeyeon ask as he tease Baekhyun "Yo...