Love Me.

By NeetaHalai

He is calm and composed, she's loud and bubbly, It's like they fit into each other's lives perfectly, but he... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Part 50
Part 51
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
Part 56
Part 57

Part 15

1.8K 170 29
By NeetaHalai

I stood in front of the mirror just staring at my reflection, today I dint even feel like dressing up, all these other days I had put so much effort trying to look pretty, but today I just felt like what was the point, it wasn't like Arnav was going to look at me because he was busy ignoring me.

I hated feeling this way.

"You know you are the wedding planner, right? You have to be there early to make sure everything is as planned." Manvi said as she stood at the door of my room staring at me struggling to get ready.

"I just don't feel like doing anything, I don't feel like dressing up, I don't feel like attending the wedding." I pouted as I walked towards my bed and sat down still pouting like a baby.

I grabbed my phone as I started searching through my playlist hoping to find a song that was going to help me feel better.

"What's wrong? You know you can talk to me, we always tell each other everything." Manvi asked as she walked towards me and sat down beside me.

"You'll think I am stupid."

"Hey, we are friends and friends don't judge each other okay. I am not going to think you are stupid, come on, just tell me." She looked at me waiting for me to speak.

She was right, Manvi and I told each other everything, we shared so much and I knew she would never judge me, yet somehow, I hadn't told her about Arnav.

"Are you depressed babe? Do we need to see a doctor?" Manvi asked with genuine concern.

"No, I'm not depressed." I giggled.

"I just... you seem to be losing interest in stuff so I just thought maybe that's it. Come on now, tell me already."

"It's a guy. Actually, you saw him yesterday when we went to the venue, he came there for a moment. He's the groom's brother. Arnav." A smile curved up on my face as I mentioned his name. you see I hated this, how his name was making me smile but he was ignoring me and I dint even know why exactly.

"Oh he was hot. So what about him, do you like him?" She smiled.

"Actually yes, I do... a lot. I can't stop looking at him when he's around and when he isn't around, I can't stop thinking about him. I like him so much, and I thought he liked me too, he was kind of flirting with me even, but since the sangeet function, he's just been ignoring me and I don't even know why. I don't want to feel hurt about it, but I am feeling hurt about it" I blinked my eyes so that the tears that were at the verge of coming out wouldn't actually come out.

"Aww." Manvi pouted as she threw her arms around me and held me into a tight hug, I just held onto her trying to feel better, I wish I could feel better, I dint want to continue feeling this way.

"Okay, look at me, have you ever looked at yourself in the mirror? You are freaking gorgeous, you have your own damn business, and you are such an awesome person and if that guy can't see that then it's his loss babe. Don't make yourself sad like this okay?

If he's ignoring you then ignore him too, he needs to know that you don't need him, and if you wouldn't be feeling this way about him, you wouldn't even bother with him."

"I know, I mean can you believe this, I've planned so many weddings, so many guys have flirted with me and the only one I had to like is the one that acts like this."

"Our heart usually desires things we can't have, but don't be sad. You are strong, get done with this wedding and you would forget about him in a few days okay?"

"Okay." I nodded, see... talking to Manvi always helps, I don't even know why I hadn't talked to her earlier, she just knew how to make me feel better.

"No get up, and dress up and look so freaking hot so he can see what he's losing by acting like that." She stood up and pulled me up along with her, I was already wearing my clothes, only my hair and makeup was left, which Manvi started doing herself.

God, please give everyone a friend like Manvi.

*****

You know those moments in life when you're just doing your own thing and the result come out extraordinary? That's exactly what happened with this wedding, it had turned out to be so gorgeous, so beautiful and so freaking extra ordinary.

For a moment there, I couldn't believe that I had planned this, how did I come up with these ideas? How did I manage to plan such a beautiful wedding, only if you could look at the decorations here, it looked perfect, there wasn't a thing about it that I would want to change.

The color combination, the gorgeous flowers and that too, too many of them, yet they dint look like they were many, I was so sure once Sonali came, she was going to be left in awe, I had outdone myself, I was just so proud of myself for managing all this, of course it was team work, but still.

The custom-made carpet with pictures of Samar and Sonali was totally standing out, it looked so beautiful, and so unique. Imagine how she would feel when she walked to the wedding altar, it would be like walking down the memory lane, literally.

I couldn't wait for everyone to start arriving and for the wedding to begin, I couldn't wait to see people's reactions on it, I really hoped everyone was going to love it as much as I did.

While I was busy admiring the decorations, someone tapped on my shoulder so I turned around and saw NK standing right there.

"Wow!" He said as he took a step back and looked at me from top to bottom, I just giggled as he stared at me in awe.

"I am speechless, how did you manage to look so pretty, so beautiful, so freaking gorgeous?" He asked to which I just ended up laughing again. I actually did feel really beautiful, Manvi had done some sort of hairstyle on me and the makeup she did was too awesome, she had been going to beauty school and learning all this stuff for a while and I could say she had learnt it to perfection.

Of course, I did feel like it was a bit too extra to attend the wedding that I had just planned, not like I was related to either Sonali or Samar, but she wanted me to come here like this so Arnav would see how beautiful I looked and regret ignoring me, her words, not mine.

"Thank you for the compliment, you look pretty cute too." I smiled as I looked at him, he was dressed in a baby blue sherwani, he hadn't done anything extra but he looked good in it.

"Thank you." He smiled, I looked around thinking he came with the groom's family or so but he seemed to be alone, no one else had shown up yet.

"So what brings you here early?" I asked.

"You. Actually, I was ready and I dint have much to do, so I thought I'd come early and you know, spend some time with you, I knew you would be here making sure everything was okay." He smiled.

"Really? That's sweet." I blushed as I looked at the floor, he was really cute, and the stuff he said to me was really cute but yet somehow at this moment, I couldn't stop wondering how Arnav was going react on seeing me. Why wouldn't I just stop thinking about him for heaven's sake!

I started walking around as NK followed me along, he just followed me silently not saying much, he had suddenly gotten busy texting someone.

A few minutes later, finally Sonali and her family arrived, so I rushed to welcome them at the entrance. Sonali was dressed in a gorgeous peach Lehenga, it was definitely a designer and damn it, it was so beautiful.

She had already the bridal jewelry on, and the perfect bridal makeup, looking at her made me want to get married just so I could get to dress up like her, I dint even need a husband or anything, just a wedding so I could dress up. Did anyone else feel like me?

"You look Beautiful." I smiled at her.

"Thank you, so do you." She smiled back as she walked in looking around, I was pretty nervous when she walked in and started looking at the decorations, I really hoped she was going to like it.

"Khushi, this is amazing. I am so glad I hired you for the whole wedding planning, no one else could have done such a great job." She smiled at me. Oh Thank God! Her family members and her relatives started discussing between themselves on how perfect everything was and I felt so happy, I was so glad everyone was liking it as much as I did.

*****

Half an hour later after Sonali's family arrived, finally Samar and his family arrived, it was funny how they were always late on every function yet usually the bride is the one that takes more time in getting ready.

The priest had already begun some ritual with Sonali and her parents already which dint need Samar to be around so at least things had started.

First of all, Barkha and Asha walked in accompanied by a few of their relatives and then they were followed by Samar who was accompanied by his dad and Arnav, both standing beside him.

Wow, I would definitely say the good look genes ran in the entire family, I mean I was just attracted to Arnav, but right now I couldn't stop staring at Samar and even his dad, they all looked so good.

Samar was dressed in a peach sherwani that matched with Sonali's outfit, even the embroidery work on it was a bit similar to Sonali's outfit, he was dressed so perfectly, he looked like those Royal grooms you usually see in movies.

Arnav and Amar were dress in the same Sherwani as NK, a blue one, it was funny, not their clothes, but mine, I had worn blue too and I had no idea that was their theme for today. My lehenga matched with the color of their sherwani perfectly.

Until this moment I was looking at the three of them, but now my eyes were just on Arnav. I really wanted to look away but my heart and my eyes didn't want to agree with my mind. He looked so freaking hot, I was having some really dirty thoughts running in my mind by just looking at him.

"Khushi, such a beautiful job you have done." Barkha said as she and Asha stopped in front of me.

"Thank you, I'm really glad you all like it, I tried my best." I smiled.

"Leave that, let's talk about you, you look so beautiful." Asha said as she literally grabbed my hand and twirled be around so my lehenga would twirl too, I felt like I was in a fairytale at this moment.

"Thank you." I blushed as I looked at the floor, today I had received so many compliments, on my work and myself too, it was kind of overwhelming.

The three men passed from beside us and Arnav really avoided looking at me, I knew because I was looking at him hoping he would look at me but he didn't. Suddenly, Asha grabbed his hand and pulled him back so Amar and Samar stopped walking too.

"Carry on you two, I just have some work with Arnav." Asha said, so the two of them walked away leaving us behind.

"Arnav, I was just telling Khushi how beautiful she looked but she doesn't seem to believe me, maybe you can tell her, a second compliment might work." Asha said, I could see how hard she was trying not to giggle.

I also knew what she was trying to do, but only if I could tell her that it wasn't going to work, this idiot guy was avoiding me and her trying to set up wasn't going to work if he dint want it to work.

"Asha you know bro is going to get mad at me, he wanted me to be beside him the whole day." Arnav said ignoring what she had just said, that really hurt. Now he wouldn't even look at me? Seriously Arnav, what had I done?

"I would let you go as soon as you compliment her, you haven't even looked at her, I mean just look how pretty she looks." Asha said as she looked at me once again, Arnav finally turned to look at me, he tried to look away immediately but I guess Manvi's hard work paid off, he looked away and then looked back immediately with his eyes wide open.

"Wow!" He said as he continued staring at me, Barkha and Asha looked at each other and slowly slipped away leaving us alone, these two ladies seriously!

I just stood there in front of him awkwardly while he stared at me with his mouth wide open, he didn't even say anything else, he just kept on staring at me and now I was feeling a bit self-conscious. Say something else Arnav.

He took a step closer to me and suddenly my heart started beating so fast, jeez chill heart, you aren't participating in a race, you can just relax. Before my heart could even relax, he took another step closer and I felt like now I was out of breaths.

Was he finally going to stop ignoring me? Was he going to talk to me? Say something? Or maybe just compliment me like Asha told him to? Say something already Arnav, this suspense was killing me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

527K 25K 34
Following the arrest of Shyam Manohar Jha, Arnav and Khushi have found a new spirit to build their lives together - safeguarded by their love and tru...
58.3K 3.5K 27
Arnav and Khushi find themselves married but torn apart by misunderstandings. Arnav's deep-seated hatred for Khushi remains unexplained, while she si...
289K 13.8K 30
Regret was what Arnav was feeling for what he did to her. He wish to correct his mistake and a perfect opportunity presented itself but the question...
221K 11.7K 43
When one craves for love, the other calls it a sham. If love is everything that Khushi wants, then love is everything that Arnav loathes. If these so...